Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta (949 Views)

Okowa Suspends Aide, Ossai Ovie Success For Post About Edith Okowa / Toyin Saraki's Foundation Hosts " Abuja Walk The Talk Health Campaign / Edith Okowa Celebrates 57th Birthday As Governor Okowa Kisses Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by HenryUbus12345(m): 7:16am On Apr 18, 2018
By Felix Igbekoyi

Asaba – Mrs Edith Okowa, wife of the Governor of Delta State, has on Monday flagged off 05 Initiative Free Health Campaign at Umunede, Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State, that the initiative is to make health care delivery readily available, provide succour to the vulnerable group of women and children in the society.

According to her, that she started the programme from her local government of origin is not only patriotism but because she wants the best for everybody in the 25 local government areas in the state, calling on Nigerians, especially Deltans to carry out selfless service, and to use their talents for God primarily and secondly on meal ticket.

Dr Mondi Ononye, Commissioner for Health revealed that within three weeks, the state government would have changed the face of the hospital in Umunede, in order for every Deltan to enjoy good health, while the pregnant women, under 5 children and 20 widows from every ward have been allowed access to free medical treatment.

In his address, Hon. Victor Ebonka, Chairman, Ika North East Local Government, said the people are indeed happy for the rare demonstration of patriotism to have considered it worthy starting the programme from her local government of origin, saying the programme is meant to further improve the health care of the people in a collaborative manner with other donor agencies.

‘’Improved access to good health care is one of the cardinal point of Universal Health Coverage, as well as direct fulfilment of the Governor’s SMART Agenda number four, Relevant Health and Education Policies. This we make bold to say that this move by 05 Initiative will not only make health care delivery, readily available, but will provide succour to the vulnerable group in the society, the women and the children’’

Dr Errnest Ogbedo, Restore Sight Africa Initiative, RSAI, and other donor agencies praised the Governor’s wife for giving them the opportunity to carry out free eye surgery, while also carrying out screening to discover other diseases among the beneficiaries who are in the rural areas of the 25 LGAs in the state while the doctors live in the cities..

While warning the beneficiaries to stop the quacks who pretend to be opticians especially those who come to the villages, he said the organization cares for the blind as over 40,000 people are blind with nothing less than 20,000 having cataract. He lamented that the problem mostly affects women and children, noting that blindness is a cuts one out from the society.

Similarly, Dr. Isioma Theresa Okobah, Chairman, Primary Health Care Development Agency, DSPHCDA,, said the agency has been giving out free medical services and is always ready, saying ‘’We want to sincerely appreciate the gigantic stride of the 05 Initiative, a pet project of her Excellency, an advocate of Improved Primary Health Care System, UNICEF Nutrition Champion, and the Delta State Primary Health Development Agency, DSPHDA, as they carry out the screening and treatment of malaria, distribution of long lasting insecticidal nets, screening for diabetes, hypertension, HIV, distribution of Family Planning Commodities, eye screening and free eye surgery for cataract in the next two days.’’

One of the beneficiaries, Mr Anthony Onuka whose eye was restored thanked the Governor’s wife for the gesture. He said that the operation was free was enough to thank her, noting that he has been suffering in silence for years because he could not foot the bill to travel to the city to get treatment.

Daily Independent

Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Efezik007(m): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2018
medicine after death. u and ur husband are leaving next yr. okowa have nothing to offer. worst Governor since the history of mankind
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Deltatoto: 9:43am On Apr 18, 2018
Efezik007:
medicine after death. u and ur husband are leaving next yr.
okowa have nothing to offer. worst Governor since the history of mankind
shut up what did Ibori do and uduaghan okowa has not stayed one term see d roads he has done.airport ur father uduaghan did with 55billion is under construction again by okowa urhobo ppl r criminals quote me and die before the end of today
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Efezik007(m): 9:47am On Apr 20, 2018
Deltatoto:
shut up what did Ibori do and uduaghan okowa has not stayed one term see d roads he has done.airport ur father uduaghan did with 55billion is under construction again by okowa urhobo ppl r criminals quote me and die before the end of today
see this jobless tout,name the road that he constructed ? animal. with all the billions he is collecting from fg, there is no job completed with his name. if urhobo pple are criminals, then, all ur leaders in Anioma are criminals too, because Anioma are disciples to urhobo
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Deltatoto: 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
Efezik007:

see this jobless tout,name the road that he constructed ? animal. with all the billions he is collecting from fg, there is no job completed with his name. if urhobo pple are criminals, then, all ur leaders in Anioma are criminals too, because Anioma are disciples to urhobo
which state in Nigeria has two capitals only delta that’s d wickedness of an urhobo man.selfish and greeedy ppl
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Robisky001(m): 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
Deltatoto:
which state in Nigeria has two capitals only delta that’s d wickedness of an urhobo man.selfish and greeedy ppl
Would have taken you to the launderers, but I won't condescend to such level.
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Efezik007(m): 8:09am On Apr 21, 2018
Deltatoto:
which state in Nigeria have their capital extremely the ending of a state ? if capital of Delta state was located somewhere like Patani ? wouldn't u complain ?
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Deltatoto: 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
Efezik007:

which state in Nigeria have their capital extremely the ending of a state ? if capital of Delta state was located somewhere like Patani ? wouldn't u complain ?
you haven’t left ur fathers house travel you will see it’s not only delta I would have helped u by mentioning names but u need to do research bro.it will help u..you are complaining abt delta pls tell me which other states in Nigeria shoprite came and didn’t stay in the capital?they approved one for delta ur uncle uduaghan took it to warri.if I c what will kill an urhobo man I’ll do it
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Deltatoto: 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
Robisky001:
Would have taken you to the launderers, but I won't condescend to such level.
proof ur point even if it means speaking ur local language stop speaking big grammar u don’t have half of d certs I have
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Efezik007(m): 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
Deltatoto:
you haven’t left ur fathers house travel you will see it’s not only delta I would have helped u by mentioning names but u need to do research bro.it will help u..you are complaining abt delta pls tell me which other states in Nigeria shoprite came and didn’t stay in the capital?they approved one for delta ur uncle uduaghan took it to warri.if I c what will kill an urhobo man I’ll do it
shame on u. u said. THEY APPROVED ONE FOR DELTA, Who approve it ? Federal government or south Africa govt ? shoprite is an individual business. not community business. dey go to big city were dey will make more profit.
and for ur information, Delta state govt initiated the move to bring shoprite to delta state. that's y the state build the shopping mall. OK. nobody allocated shoprite to warri. warri is more economically, socially vibrant than Asaba.
try and leave ur shit hole village. I reside in Abj. am not a village nigga like u.
say no #LazyNigeriayouth#
Re: Edith Okowa Flags Off Free Health Campaign In Delta by Deltatoto: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
Efezik007:

shame on u. u said. THEY APPROVED ONE FOR DELTA, Who approve it ? Federal government or south Africa govt ? shoprite is an individual business. not community business. dey go to big city were dey will make more profit.
and for ur information, Delta state govt initiated the move to bring shoprite to delta state. that's y the state build the shopping mall. OK. nobody allocated shoprite to warri. warri is more economically, socially vibrant than Asaba.
try and leave ur shit hole village. I reside in Abj. am not a village nigga like u.
say no #LazyNigeriayouth#
abuja or fct?my friend who lives in gwags told me he lives in Abj.im only an anioma son I don’t live in Nigeria check my siggy.abuja is ur mega city here in Toronto we don’t c Abj as a city.#powerfulnigeriayouth...as stupid as his president

(1) (Reply)

[PHOTOS] Details Of The Drama That Took Place At The Senate Today / Buhari Is Irresponsible And Shameless - FFK Reacts On #Lazynigerianyouths / Dino's Recall: Is Yahaya Bello Not Making Dino More Popular?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.