Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Land And Property Scam: Share Your Experience. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land And Property Scam: Share Your Experience. (531 Views)

Real Estate Property Scam In Nigeria: 5 Tips To Avoid Being A Victim / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land And Property Scam: Share Your Experience. by Mist100: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been searching for information about property scams in Nigeria to avoid been a victim.

Is there anyone who has been a victim? Please share your stories.

We want to learn.
Re: Land And Property Scam: Share Your Experience. by Mist100: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
share pls
Re: Land And Property Scam: Share Your Experience. by Mist100: 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
ojubi:
Mist100 eJ8qE4fBP1mh
for what?
Re: Land And Property Scam: Share Your Experience. by Mist100: 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
-------------Barrister Chidi Vs Chief Uche---------------

A lawyer barrister chidi staying on the same close where I live purchased a beautiful duplex on behalf of a client from chief Uche, a multi millionaire business man. The said property is also on my close. Transactions done and dusted with buyer in full possession of the property. But three months after, police men arrived at the property and cordoned it off.

Chief Uche had used the property as collateral to secure a bank loan which he needed to import beauty soaps. To raise more money he sold the property with faked documents. In an effort to regain his investment the the buyer and barrister Chidi proceeded to court.

7years after, the matter is pending with another man's money tied down while chief Uche moved into another house in Lekki.

Many questions on my mind.

Anyways, share your stories for us to learn from too.
Re: Land And Property Scam: Share Your Experience. by MrKenny: 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
I and others are victims of land scam. We listened to a Yinka Ayefele programme (Opeyemi) in December 2021 during which he brought a land seller ( Mr Tosin Shittu of Design Bricks Homes and Property). The man promised instant allocation and some other benefits. He took us to a nice estate and we were attracted and paid for plot of land. After the payment, he refused to physically allocate the land. After six months of dribbling, we demanded for a refund. We reported him at Public Complaints Commission, he was summoned and asked to refund the money. Till this moment, the guy and his company has refused to refund the money. People should be wary of real estate agent/scammers on radio. Please advise us on what to do to get our money back. Thank you.
Re: Land And Property Scam: Share Your Experience. by MrKenny: 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
I and others are victims of land scam. We listened to a Yinka Ayefele programme (Opeyemi @ Fresh FM Ibadan) in December 2021 during which he brought a land seller ( Mr Tosin Shittu of Design Bricks Homes and Property). The man promised instant allocation and some other benefits. He took us to a nice estate and we were attracted and paid for plot of land. After the payment, he refused to physically allocate the land. After six months of dribbling, we demanded for a refund. We reported him at Public Complaints Commission, he was summoned and asked to refund the money. Till this moment, the guy and his company has refused to refund the money. People should be wary of real estate agent/scammers on radio. Please advise us on what to do to get our money back. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Semi-detached 3 Bedrooms Flat For Sale At Lade Estate,ibadan / Very Good Expired Domains For Sale / Property Letting In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.