Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Quiet Your Emotions And Listen! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quiet Your Emotions And Listen! (196 Views)

EndSARS: Pastor Enenche On Protest 'Nigerians Have Been Keeping Quiet For Long' / Read and Listen To Know if you are true Christain / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quiet Your Emotions And Listen! by christiansister: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
I have never been a fan of relationship. I considered it too much of a stress. Not like I don't see guys that really get me singing "Hallelujah", but the thing is I never imagined craving attention from a particular person.

When I was still at the university, a friend of mine walked up to me on my birthday and asked me "Nao, are you straight, will you ever get married?". I laughed so hard because she is one person I have known since secondary. I won't blame her though. When we were in secondary school, I always told her to stay away from boys…lol.

Actually, with time, I started saying to myself that if I continued the way I was behaving, I would turn myself into a monster and the time I feel its times for me to settle down with someone, I might end up not finding the person. So, I took the advice of my friends to go into a relationship…

Finally, I was gave relationship a try. Writing this now, I have been in three relationships that did not last…lol. It just did not work out. My first relationship was with a good, HolyGhost filled, demon casting guy but it just didn't work out. I still found myself struggling to love someone. Then in my final year, I met another guy. This time I told myself I was going to give love a try. I was going to up my heart this time. Well, I did.

I fell in love for the first time. The experience was so new to me. It felt good I won't lie. Loving someone and getting it back in return feels so good. I really loved this guy to the extent we both started planning our future together. It was a serious one.

Well, we never get what we want most times, do we? Most times what you think is God's plan for you is your own desires pushing you.

Before I started dating this guy, I actually prayed and told God not to let me make mistakes. But my adrenaline was pretty much on 97%. Even if I heard the HolySpirit say no, I had think He was making a mistake. Anyways, God answered my prayers though. He showed me a scripture in Ecc 9: 12 which says "For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them"

Girl! I was not ready for any negative vibe that will stop me from feeling the way I was felt for the first time. So I did what I thought was right…I turned the scripture to suit my present feeling. You see that's the mistake most of us make. We use the scripture to suit ourselves. Until we accept and follow the Word of God as it is, I'm so sure some of the challenges we face will be reduced.

This can tell you that the relationship I invested one-years and six months became my biggest regret. Most times I tell myself "I wish I had listened to the voice of God". It wasn't about the guy. He was a good one too but he just wasn't the one for me. I failed to realize what God was telling me through that verse.

God cares about the relationships you get into. Most times, we just have to be quiet and listen to what He is saying. God's warning could come in different ways. For some of us, we hear Him speak while some hear Him through His word. Above all be sensitive.

The truth is you could be investing three years in a relationship right now but if it is not meant to be, it won't work out. Yes! God won't point a lady to you and say date her but the truth is if you let Him, He will guide you not to make a wrong investment.

My last relationship was just a joke. A bag of confusion it was…anything clouded with confusion, won't lead to a destination (I just got this revelation)… All I'm trying to say is we should

(1) (Reply)

The Value Of Work. / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.