Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,367 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill (12098 Views)

Reps Suspend Buhari’s $22.79bn Loan Consideration Indefinitely / [BREAKING] Court Orders National Assembly To Stop Election Re-ordering Bill / Election Re-ordering Bill Is From Hell – MURIC Attacks National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by Tripleclick(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
I remembered what soludo said

Reason why Nigeria cannot make progress is because we are afraid of New things.. Hence we are stuck with our old ideas
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by olahero(m): 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2018
Troublemaker007:
I knew it! All this drama today at National House of Assembly and Mace to cause diversion has an hidden agenda. 2019 should hurry and come please. If Buhari thinks he is bigger than Nigeria, he is not bigger than we the citizens.
empty barrel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by Onyemabright(m): 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
Troublemaker007:
I knew it! All this drama today at National House of Assembly and Mace to cause diversion has an hidden agenda. 2019 should hurry and come please. If Buhari thinks he is bigger than Nigeria, he is not bigger than we the citizens.
WHO ARE U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by dheilaw1(m): 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
Idlawz:
FTC.
dedicated to all Nigerian youth.
Thank God today, I came first.
for your plastic mind
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by dheilaw1(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
buhari has won again
sai Baba till 2023

2 Likes

Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by hush15: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
Bolustical:
The question is, what do the people whom they represent wants to gain in the Reordering Bill? Just selfish ambitions.

The full Petroleum Industry Bill is still there, they can't find anything to do to it yet.

Funny enough, many youths supported this move just because of the hate for the President.

Well, what we should be more worried about is what is to gain to go through suchto scuttle the passage of that bill. It reveals the present order has been owned y some entity and its benefits more for them than the general good and re ordering it poae a threat to their ambitions.

I believe the elections should be re ordered so it becomes a fair playing field for all. This present order has been compromised
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by Godwin2real: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
Imagine... All these commotion just to delay d election sequence, & senate wil be preparing 4 their annual leave by june 9 & accordin to the house they are tryin to meet up b4 the annual leave, even some of the house of representative are saying the limited time wil not be enough to continue the procedure to override mr president b4 the election 2019. Now the mace is no where to be found... Na which album they wat release next.
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by NoBetterNigeria: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
This is House of Representative(Green chamber) not Senate house of assembly (Red chamber)

Fadiga24:
How can they suspend anything without the mace grin
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by godox2(m): 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2018
Troublemaker007:
I k
new it! All this drama today at National House of Assembly and Mace to cause diversion has an hidden agenda. 2019 should hurry and come please. If Buhari thinks he is bigger than Nigeria, he is not bigger than we the citizens.

Who are the WE? You just make a comment on a write up and you concluded by we
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by Slimzadywitmony: 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
Read Updates about what transpired at the NASS earlier today with Senator Omo-Agege
See how hoodlums invaded and desecrated the hollow chambers

http://.net/7eXFDe

Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by Bhol28: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
Some people don't, even know the difference between upper house and lower house of the senate,to them they are all called senators.Yet,they are calling other people dullards.

1 Like

Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by sagacioustony: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
Before now what do you expect of them. Any no smoke without fire, what happen today is a confirmation and a test to what is still come soon. wait for season 2
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by TheDoc: 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hailers 1 - 0 Wailers
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by TheDoc: 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
Come to think of it this way, if Omoge knew that the bill will be withdrawn today why will he cause commotion? What will be his gain? I am suspecting election re-ordering camp planned this drama
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by Okoroawusa: 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Exactly!
See ignorance

Two of you must ve attended higher institutions
And school fees were paid for you

shior!
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by sapele914(m): 2:31am On Apr 19, 2018
chieyine:
shocked shocked
After receiving bribe from buhari angry
Why won't he withdraw the bill grin

That bill would have helped us to send that old grandfather back to daura cry

Thunder fire his left balls
malcom X best said it,by any means necessary,Oga na Master,Fear President Buhari original member of the Kaduna Mafia,you do not know who you are messing with,they say real bad men move in silence.

Don't undermine the General,he will always get his way,the Senate is like the supreme military council to him a bunch of puppets,only difference these ones are in hundreds and they don't wear uniforms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by sapele914(m): 3:01am On Apr 19, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:
Foolish senator has been paid off
650 Thousand Naira was the fee,is it not that same useless senator representing your constituency that you were complaining about on another thread a while back?
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by mapet: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2018
Bros,

I believe the bigger questions are "why embark on an endeavour that it clearly known to all and sundry that it is illegal?" Why would a Senate and HOR embark on an endeavour that is clearly not within their remits? Why would they want to usurp a clear function total exclusive to INEC?

Bolustical:
The question is, what do the people whom they represent wants to gain in the Reordering Bill? Just selfish ambitions.

The full Petroleum Industry Bill is still there, they can't find anything to do to it yet.

Funny enough, many youths supported this move just because of the hate for the President.
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by mapet: 7:12am On Apr 19, 2018
hush15:

Well, what we should be more worried about is what is to gain to go through suchto scuttle the passage of that bill. It reveals the present order has been owned y some entity and its benefits more for them than the general good and re ordering it poae a threat to their ambitions.

I believe the elections should be re ordered so it becomes a fair playing field for all. This present order has been compromised

Your beliefs aside, have you looked at what the laws say? The present order was done by INEC under the GEJ govt. Why would you want a reordering from Senate and HOR when it is not in their power to do so?

I think you should get yourself familiar with the law, before making your emotions a basis of Law
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by mapet: 7:16am On Apr 19, 2018
TheDoc:
Come to think of it this way, if Omoge knew that the bill will be withdrawn today why will he cause commotion? What will be his gain? I am suspecting election re-ordering camp planned this drama

Unfortunately, Omo-Agege (If true that he's behind this) used "Illegality to fight Illegality". The laws clearly does not allow a Senate to suspend a Senator; neither is it morally and legally right to instigate the stealing of the mace. The irony is that Omo-Agege will walk free on this as he was not seen physically removing the mace and will deny any association with those that did so. Even if those that did are established to come from Omo-Agege's constituency, they will argue that they did so on their own volition.
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by hush15: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2018
mapet:

Your beliefs aside, have you looked at what the laws say? The present order was done by INEC under the GEJ govt. Why would you want a reordering from Senate and HOR when it is not in their power to do so?

I think you should get yourself familiar with the law, before making your emotions a basis of Law

Tell me what i dont know then.
Yes, the present order was done under GEJ but the rule of law was allowed to to take its course. Also, the elections under GEJ if you analyze it honestly and pragmatically, is the reason why the need to review the time table. Now as we have it, we know the rule of law never existed and most national institution are being compromised to please the persons that appoints them but the legislature is within its prerogative to amend any existing laws within the land and it doesnt matter whether it is autonomous or not.
Its not sentiments, its reasoning and within the rights to do so. How do you improve systems without working on the policies and laws that guide them.

You keep saying on the basis of law but law didnt just form from nowhere, people sat down to make these laws and these laws are subeject to reviews and it is still people that will review and improve these laws. Laws dont just evolve!
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by mapet: 8:18am On Apr 19, 2018
hush15:

Tell me what i dont know then.
Yes, the present order was done under GEJ but the rule of law was allowed to to take its course. Also, the elections under GEJ if you analyze it honestly and pragmatically, is the reason why the need to review the time table. Now as we have it, we know the rule of law never existed and most national institution are being compromised to please the persons that appoints them but the legislature is within its prerogative to amend any existing laws within the land and it doesnt matter whether it is autonomous or not.
Its not sentiments, its reasoning and within the rights to do so. How do you improve systems without working on the policies and laws that guide them.

You keep saying on the basis of law but law didnt just form from nowhere, people sat down to make these laws and these laws are subeject to reviews and it is still people that will review and improve these laws. Laws dont just evolve!

Bros,

I have no interest in useless and baseless arguments. One thing tho, can you substantiate the underlined with the section of the law that says so.
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by NothingDoMe: 9:11am On Apr 19, 2018
Okoroawusa:

See ignorance

Two of you must ve attended higher institutions
And school fees were paid for you

shior!
That's what Buhari your mentor said but we never see his WAEC certificate. We are still waiting tongue
Re: Reps Suspend 2019 Election Sequence Re-ordering Bill by jom28gy(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2018
Has Inec bribed you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Media Office Tackles Akpabio Over Comment On 8th Senate's Projects / Anambra To Use Bill Gates Money To Build 10 Hospitals / 13 Reasons Why Nigeria Is The Best Country In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.