Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,798 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

On Subjectivity And Objectivity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Subjectivity And Objectivity (4411 Views)

Objectivity Versus Sentiments: Much Ado About The Use Of Hijab / Pastor Tunde Bakare We Miss Your Objectivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
Vaxx, I've moved us here. By now I'm sure you realise you and I are going to be flogging this horse for a long time to come, so, from now on, if you don't mind, lets always return to this thread.

Yes, "objectivity is an ideal for science". Unfortunately, science is done by individuals (subjects), with perspectives. It is these perspectives that introduce the subjective into science, and while we might idealise and claim we are perfect, surely, we can only be lying! The article from Stanford states it as "several conceptions of the ideal of objectivity are either questionable or unattainable".

"The prospects for a science providing a non-perspectival “view from nowhere” or for proceeding in a way uninformed by human goals and values are fairly slim, for example."

That, though is not to claim objectivity is impossible, but that if there is no objectivity (or if it is subjective) then it cannot be scientific.

Our discussion itself, is skewed by our subjective understandings, for has the Stanford article not been brought up to justify my position too at some time in the past when discussing this same subject?

vaxx:
Your definition is limited in scope, in philosophy of science , Scientific objectivity is a characteristic of scientific claims, methods and results. It expresses the idea that the claims, methods and results of science are not, or should not be influenced by particular perspectives, value commitments, community bias or personal interests, to name a few relevant factors. Objectivity is often considered as an ideal for scientific inquiry, as a good reason for valuing scientific knowledge, and as the basis of the authority of science in society(https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/scientific-objectivity/). while subjectivity in philosophy is divided into thee definition, it Three common definitions include that subjectivity is the quality or condition of:Something being a subject, narrowly meaning an individual who possesses conscious experiences, such as perspectives, feelings, beliefs, and desires.Something being a subject, broadly meaning an entity that has agency, meaning that it acts upon or wields power over some other entity (an object).Some information, idea, situation, or physical thing considered true only from the perspective of a subject or subjects(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by johnydon22(m): 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
This will be interesting badaatum, beautiful introduction. I want in on this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by johnydon22(m): 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2018
I wanted to raise an argument later on the subjectivity or objectivity of morality and have a long discussion how objectivity in morality either must include or not necessarily include God or external influences to put a lid on that long standing argument.

2 Likes

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
johnydon22:
I wanted to raise an argument later on the subjectivity or objectivity of morality and have a long discussion how objectivity in morality either must include or not necessarily include God or external influences to put a lid on that long standing argument.
Make sure its later. We need a proper understanding of the terms first. Did you follow the argument in the thread the first post is from? What do you understand by objectivity and subjectivity?
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by Dalam0n: 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
johnydon22:

Pls can you create a topic on this and mention me. There are many misconceptions I'll like to address.

1 Like

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2018
Objectivity in science is a value that informs how science is practiced and how scientific truths are discovered. It is the idea that scientists, in attempting to uncover truths about the natural world, must aspire to eliminate personal biases, a priori commitments, emotional involvement, etc. Objectivity is often attributed to the property of scientific measurement, as the accuracy of a measurement can be tested independent from the individual scientist who first reports it.

Objectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to reality and truth, which has been variously defined by sources. Generally, objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. A proposition is generally considered objectively true (to have objective truth) when its truth conditions are met without biases caused by feelings, ideas, opinions, etc., of a sentient subject. A second, broader meaning of the term refers to the ability in any context to judge fairly, without partiality or external influence. This second meaning of objectivity is sometimes used synonymously with neutrality.
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 2:24am On Apr 20, 2018
Hui-neng, a well-respected Buddhist monk who later became known as the founder of the Zen school, one day happened to be passing by two monks who were arguing about the temple flag waving in the wind.

One said, "The flag moves."

The other said, "The wind moves."

They argued back and forth but could not agree.

The Sixth Ancestor said, "Gentlemen! It is not the wind that moves; it is not the flag that moves; it is your mind that moves."
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by denziz: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2018
budaatum:
Hui-neng, a well-respected Buddhist monk who later became known as the founder of the Zen school, one day happened to be passing by two monks who were arguing about the temple flag waving in the wind.

The Sixth Ancestor said, "Gentlemen! It is not the wind that moves; it is not the flag that moves; it is your mind that moves."
The mind moves the flag indeed.But the fact remains that the flag can never move without the wind.

3 Likes

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 10:36am On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=budaatum post=66830392]
Vaxx, I've moved us here. By now I'm sure you realise you and I are going to be flogging this horse for a long time to come, so, from now on, if you don't mind, lets always return to this thread.
Good, but i will like to know the aim of this thread, is it to ascertain that truth can only be objective while subjective truth should be discarded.or subjective truth can also be verified scientifically ?

Yes, "objectivity is an ideal for science". Unfortunately, science is done by individuals (subjects), with perspectives. It is these perspectives that introduce the subjective into science, and while we might idealise and claim we are perfect, surely, we can only be lying! The article from Stanford states it as "several conceptions of the ideal of objectivity are either questionable or unattainable".
Ideas that show objectivity are based on facts and are free from bias or personal opinion. In science, even hypotheses, or ideas about how something may work, are written in a way that are objective,though objective does not make it absolutely true, it has just given us enough explanation to completely trust it regardless of what might seem ridiculous. but whether it is objective or subjective, absolute “Truth” is beyond the reach of humanity and whatever we assume as truth is relative & subject to time place and circumstances and should be identified as “Realistic Truth” “Absolute Truth” is beyond the reach of humanity, as it is shrouded in mystery.

"The prospects for a science providing a non-perspectival “view from nowhere” or for proceeding in a way uninformed by human goals and values are fairly slim, for example."

That, though is not to claim objectivity is impossible, but that if there is no objectivity (or if it is subjective) then it cannot be scientific.

Our discussion itself, is skewed by our subjective understandings, for has the Stanford article not been brought up to justify my position too at some time in the past when discussing this same subject?

the concept of "knowledge'' we are sharing here depends upon on objective evidence. If there is know one, and there is nothing commonly agree to know, you and i will not be able to know anything at all and the importance of education will be jeopardize, subjective evidence is limited to personal truth, but to understand the interpersonal truth between human and its universe, we have to accept the existence of an objective reality as a premise in order to function in the world. If an objective evidence does not exist, then all of our actions are meaningless, and it is impossible for humans to acquire knowledge about the world, since my knowledge about a particular topic can disagree with your knowledge, and yet they can both still be right. science is the interpersonal truth between man and the universe. it is rested on empiricism, therefore objectively possible, subjective is our personal truth,and it is rested on our feelings and experience so it is also possible as well. we should just learn to treat them separately so we do not intermingled them.

2 Likes

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 10:50am On Apr 20, 2018
budaatum:

The ultimate physical reality is nothing but a multitude of separate revolving centers of electric force. ''What we call truth lies in the rational harmony between the subjective and objective aspects of reality, both of which belong to the super-personal man''. philosopher Tagore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 12:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
vaxx:

i will like to know the aim of this thread, is it to ascertain that truth can only be objective while subjective truth should be discarded.or subjective truth can also be verified scientifically ?
My aim of the thread is to keep discussions on objectivity and subjectivity in one single easy to follow thread instead of spreading it across numerous threads. Participants may have other aims personal to themselves.

The subjective view is not encouraged in science as it cannot objectively be verified or falsified (tested, you would say). That is not to say that in all spheres of life, you discard subjective truth (for which I give two opinions below).

A subjective truth is a truth based off of a person's perspective, feelings, or opinions. Everything we know is based off of our input - our senses, our perception. Thus, everything we know is subjective. All truths are subjective.

To say that something is “subjectively true” means that it is true for the person(s) making the judgment, even though it may not be true for others.

Some even claim that the objective view of the scientist is still tainted with subjectivity as the scientist is speaking from their own perspective.

But on a personal level, if I go to the doctor and say I have a pain in my head, I am giving a subjective opinion. The doctor will not say I have no pain because they can't measure my pain with their objective pain meter! Your request therefore, to discard the subjective view, is declined.

vaxx:
the concept of "knowledge'' we are sharing here depends upon on objective evidence. If there is know one, and there is nothing commonly agree to know, you and i will not be able to know anything at all and the importance of education will be jeopardize
No! What objective evidence is there for or against gods? Would the god-believers and non-god-believers therefore agree that they have no knowledge to share? I don't think so. Just look at the number of threads set up on either side for sharing the subjective opinion for and against gods.

The fact is that we share subjective knowledge everyday even more so than we share objective knowledge. And claiming educators are objective is naive, at best. They can only be objective if all they taught were the facts, and there is quite a lot of debate on how fact based education does not encourage the use of the mind and creates unthinking individuals.

Please note that while I wish that what I write is objective, I am fully aware that all I write is subjective, even when I provide objective evidence to support it.

vaxx:
we have to accept the existence of an objective reality as a premise in order to function in the world. If an objective evidence does not exist, then all of our actions are meaningless, and it is impossible for humans to acquire knowledge about the world
No! In reality, we actually live our lives based on a very subjective reality and function adequately and always have! Of course, when the objective reality contradicts my subjectivity and I insist on holding my subjective view, there is catastrophe, but I can pretty much go on for a while on the figments of my imaginations, and the human race has done so for centuries (i.e. the subjective view that the earth was the centre of the universe, or the once held view amongst some that it was the raising up of a donkeys hindlegs that got maidens pregnant.) A certain George Soros wrote extensively on the problem of ones subjective view diverging from objective reality. He called it [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexivity_%28social_theory%29?wprov=sfla1]Reflexivity[/url].

That said, it is our subjective ignorant conclusions that we build on to attain an objective view of all that surrounds us. But let us not delude ourselves in thinking we are objective, when in reality we are trapped in our very own subjectivity

As an aside, I am amused, by the way, that you have not yet picked up on the fact that if I am arguing for the validity of the subjective view, then why would I argue against the subjects view of gods, which you know I do discard!
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=budaatum post=66875488]
My aim of the thread is to keep discussions on objectivity and subjectivity in one single easy to follow thread instead of spreading it across numerous threads. Participants may have other aims personal to themselves.
interesting.

The subjective view is not encouraged in science as it cannot objectively be verified or falsified (tested, you would say). That is not to say that in all spheres of life, you discard subjective truth (for which I give two opinions below).
Science is interested in answering questions and acquiring knowledge concerning the observable universe and this cannot be done subjectively as it will contradict scientific methodology even if the the researcher has a good intention.the goals of scientific research are: description, prediction, and explanation/understanding. some individual had controlling and application to the list of the goals. All these cannot be subjective, it must be objective for the goals to be achieve .

A subjective truth is a truth based off of a person's perspective, feelings, or opinions. Everything we know is based off of our input - our senses, our perception. Thus, everything we know is subjective. All truths are subjective.

TO a large extent, i welcome this line of thought , all truths are subjective , however knowledge cannot be subjective, as it is always about something. What we know is knowledge. The thing is the thing.our objective truth is about aligning statements with reality itself. And no, this alignment is not subjective,if it is knowledge will not exist. However, this alignment can only be an approximation. “orange” is never an orange. Words are words, and not the things they represent,The purest form of truth is thus reality itself. The purest form of objectivity is also reality itself.But reality itself is not knowledge of itself.And this is the alignment you are looking for if understanding these patterns is your goal.
Subjectivity strays from objective truth.However, there is objective truth to any subjectivity or falsehood. These are patterns too that can be documented. And being that we are so full of these patterns also, knowing the objective truth about our subjective falsehood is a science in itself.Science is the act of describing the world by aligning objectively true statements with reality itself. Our imagination is most certainly a big part of the world.

To say that something is “subjectively true” means that it is true for the person(s) making the judgment, even though it may not be true for others.
this is the parallel between subjectivity and objectivity as i show to you in our discussion on butter thread.

Some even claim that the objective view of the scientist is still tainted with subjectivity as the scientist is speaking from their own perspective.
this idea is what is stopping or hurting the progress of science, An example of this can be found with global warming or climate change. Some scientists believe that the modern weather we have is the result of normal fluctuations in patterns, others believe that human activities have changed the Earth's weather patterns. even Donald trump employ his own scientist to formulate theories that suit his own interest, he declare global warming is not true. No consensus agreement.

But on a personal level, if I go to the doctor and say I have a pain in my head, I am giving a subjective opinion. The doctor will not say I have no pain because they can't measure my pain with their objective pain meter! Your request therefore, to discard the subjective view, is declined.
i will never discard your subjective truth,it is your own personal truth which i welcome, the doctor position as a scientist, it is to apply an objective diagnosed on such a patient, and if the symptoms meet objective symptoms that is attributed to a headache patient, then objective drug will be administer. the doctor can not diagnosed you subjectively as that will be unscientific. only a marabout can do that.

No! What objective evidence is there for or against gods? Would the god-believers and non-god-believers therefore agree that they have no knowledge to share? I don't think so. Just look at the number of threads set up on either side for sharing the subjective opinion for and against gods.
The existence and non existence of GOD is both faith based, if faith based can be tantamount to position of knowledge by some individual, i have no problem to argue it. believers prefer to break-even rather than lost entirely if profit is not achievable, while non believer which to either lost or make profit at least in this business of life. it is a decision we all made base on personal interest. even Science is based on faith( we have treat this once before)it is taken to be ideas that are consider to be true. faiths in science are a bit different from other faith of believers, scientific faith rested on research to support them that have been accepted as true for the sake of mental convenience . The faith made in science are based on observations about the natural world and form the foundations of hypotheses and theories. Scientific as include the idea that observations about the world around us have natural explanations and that these occurrences are predictable. For instance, if you were to drop a ball, you may predict that the ball will fall down unless another force makes it move in another direction. The assumption/ faith is that the ball will fall down because of gravity.

The fact is that we share subjective knowledge everyday even more so than we share objective knowledge. And claiming educators are objective is naive, at best. They can only be objective if all they taught were the facts, and there is quite a lot of debate on how fact based education does not encourage the use of the mind and creates unthinking individuals.
this will be an interesting topic, you may create something of such in the future, HOW TRUST WORDY ARE THE EDUCATION WE RECEIVED IN OUR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE. i will not go deeper here so as to not to derail the op.

Please note that while I wish that what I write is objective, I am fully aware that all I write is subjective, even when I provide objective evidence to support it.
ok

No! In reality, we actually live our lives based on a very subjective reality and function adequately and always have! Of course, when the objective reality contradicts my subjectivity and I insist on holding my subjective view, there is catastrophe, but I can pretty much go on for a while on the figments of my imaginations, and the human race has done so for centuries (i.e. the subjective view that the earth was the centre of the universe, or the once held view amongst some that it was the raising up of a donkeys hindlegs that got maidens pregnant.) A certain George Soros wrote extensively on the problem of ones subjective view diverging from objective reality. He called it [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexivity_%28social_theory%29?wprov=sfla1]Reflexivity[/url].

That said, it is our subjective ignorant conclusions that we build on to attain an objective view of all that surrounds us. But let us not delude ourselves in thinking we are objective, when in reality we are trapped in our very own subjectivity

As an aside, I am amused, by the way, that you have not yet picked up on the fact that if I am arguing for the validity of the subjective view, then why would I argue against the subjects view of gods, which you know I do discard!
we should learn to separate objective reality from subjective reality. doing this we make us understand our selves better. i am surprised you are arguing for subjectivity, even when you claim you reject it in our last discussion, i must have really change your perspective.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
vaxx:
there is objective truth to any subjectivity or ......
No! Not true. I could be talking through my subjective ass with nothing objective to support it. Take the following possibly subjective statements for instance: "Vaxx has a potty mouth". How can that possibly be true? Or the aforementioned subjective opinion that, "Prince Harry is the current President of Nigeria". Can that be true in anyway whatsoever? What objective evidence supports either statement?

I assert that subjective statements can be objectively true if there is independent evidence to support them! This was what I tried to explain with my one litre jug that was half full and half empty because I accurately filled it with half a litre of water! I also equally assert that subjective statements can also be false, like when I subjectively talk through my ass!

vaxx:
faiths in science are a bit different from other faith of believers, scientific faith rested on research to support them that have been accepted as true for the sake of mental convenience
Finally, you admit that the faith of the scientist is a different faith to that held by a believer, which is based on no evidence whatsoever. (Now you remind me, I'm still pissed off you dilly dallied round the block without just saying this and being done with it!)

Would I be wrong in claiming the faith of a scientist is based on objective evidence, and not just a subjective convenience?

vaxx:
we should learn to separate objective reality from subjective reality. doing this we make us understand our selves better. i am surprised you are arguing for subjectivity, even when you claim you reject it in our last discussion, i must have really change your perspective.
Learning is why I have continued to have this discussion vaxx. You will find from now on that you and I will always consider the objective and the subjective when we make any claim or read those of others.

And, it is your subjective view that I am arguing, or that I have ever rejected the subjective view, though I cannot objectively prove that I am not arguing!

Let me tell you a story. I sat in a pub with a friend of mine twenty years ago and we continued a discussion about objectivity while his girlfriend went to get tickets for a show they were going to watch later. About an hour later, she returned and was very unhappy. The tickets were twice as much as she had budgeted, and a bus had splashed water on her from a puddle by the roadside. My friend, wrapped up in our discussion, unpityingly told her to be objective, to which I responded "how can she be objective about the water splashed on a body that is subjective her or the objective and subjective extra money she had had to spend?" That experience showed us the complexity of what we had been discussing.

The fact is, everyone has a subjective view or opinion, and to reject it is pure fallacy of the stupid ignorant type or the blatant lying type, and not being aware of it at all is simply not really having evolved to the point of recognising it type.

I, for instance, am known to be an atheist, but if you asked me, I would tell you that I do not believe gods exist or not, but that I categorically know that gods do not exist. I go a tard further by claiming gods are the figments of the imagination created in the minds of those who create them. And I would insist that I have objectively come to these conclusions, by which I mean I checked the evidence for and against before coming to a conclusion.

Now go listen to butter, who would categorically insist on the existence of at least, a God, a conclusion he would insist he came to after checking what he too would claim is the objective evidence.

The fact is really that we both are stating our subjective views, or we would have both placed our objective evidence on the table and one of us would have had to shut up by now! But you ask us still, and we'd both claim we are being objective and presenting objective evidence, "or can't you see", we'd ask one another, while claiming the other's subjectivity blinds them to what to us seems objective.

I am not arguing with you vaxx. I find you worthy to discuss with because you give me something to consider. It is by considering that I tend to learn to separate my subjectives from the objective.
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by MuttleyLaff: 7:07am On Apr 21, 2018
I like how the "I am not arguing with you vaxx.
I find you worthy to discuss with because you give me something to consider.
It is by considering that I tend to learn to separate my subjectives from the objective
" subtle clapback was dropped there

1 Like

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 10:51am On Apr 21, 2018
[quote author=budaatum post=66890281]
No! Not true. I could be talking through my subjective ass with nothing objective to support it. Take the following possibly subjective statements for instance: "Vaxx has a potty mouth". How can that possibly be true? Or the aforementioned subjective opinion that, "Prince Harry is the current President of Nigeria". Can that be true in anyway whatsoever? What objective evidence supports either statement?
it is like saying,is it truth that there is no truth, which to me is nonsense,Both subjective and objective truth can obviously exist. When two people agree, not just on a truth, but on the rationale justifying the truth even if it is ridiculous, then it becomes more objective and hence we say objectivity establish subjective evidence. what we cannot reached is the absolute true as it is shrouded in mystery. this mystery may explain God to you if you give in a second thought. however, i consider myself objective in areas such as country,political party, ethnicity,social class. i had no blind loyalty to any of them. though i may be subjective in my own philosophical believe system which is rooted to my tradition.

I assert that subjective statements can be objectively true if there is independent evidence to support them! This was what I tried to explain with my one litre jug that was half full and half empty because I accurately filled it with half a litre of water! I also equally assert that subjective statements can also be false, like when I subjectively talk through my ass!
well, if subjective statement is judged empirically,it become scientific and hence become objective, both subjective truth and objective truth rested on time,place, resources and circumstances. so the truth they hold will always be shaped by and adapted to our rules, perception, experience. as for absolute truth, it is the one we yet don’t know, and I am afraid to tell you it is unreachable in our current existential status. I might have just explained God to you.

Finally, you admit that the faith of the scientist is a different faith to that held by a believer, which is based on no evidence whatsoever. (Now you remind me, I'm still pissed off you dilly dallied round the block without just saying this and being done with it!)

Would I be wrong in claiming the faith of a scientist is based on objective evidence, and not just a subjective convenience?

i have never treat religious faith as the same as scientific faiths, religious faith rested on GOD knowledge, scientific faith rested on assumptions that must first be presume and the evidence is by apparent phenomenological relation. you should try and goggle this concept to learn more. scientist evidence is an interpersonal truth between human and the universe.

Learning is why I have continued to have this discussion vaxx. You will find from now on that you and I will always consider the objective and the subjective when we make any claim or read those of others.
good, it shows you are not close minded. you cannot be open minded and still remain an atheist, you now have one leg out of the river Rubicon.

And, it is your subjective view that I am arguing, or that I have ever rejected the subjective view, though I cannot objectively prove that I am not arguing!
Good, i am glad you can now at least rationalize the difference.

Let me tell you a story. I sat in a pub with a friend of mine twenty years ago and we continued a discussion about objectivity while his girlfriend went to get tickets for a show they were going to watch later. About an hour later, she returned and was very unhappy. The tickets were twice as much as she had budgeted, and a bus had splashed water on her from a puddle by the roadside. My friend, wrapped up in our discussion, unpityingly told her to be objective, to which I responded "how can she be objective about the water splashed on a body that is subjective her or the objective and subjective extra money she had had to spend?" That experience showed us the complexity of what we had been discussing.

The fact is, everyone has a subjective view or opinion, and to reject it is pure fallacy of the stupid ignorant type or the blatant lying type, and not being aware of it at all is simply not really having evolved to the point of recognising it type.

I, for instance, am known to be an atheist, but if you asked me, I would tell you that I do not believe gods exist or not, but that I categorically know that gods do not exist. I go a tard further by claiming gods are the figments of the imagination created in the minds of those who create them. And I would insist that I have objectively come to these conclusions, by which I mean I checked the evidence for and against before coming to a conclusion.

Now go listen to butter, who would categorically insist on the existence of at least, a God, a conclusion he would insist he came to after checking what he too would claim is the objective evidence.

The fact is really that we both are stating our subjective views, or we would have both placed our objective evidence on the table and one of us would have had to shut up by now! But you ask us still, and we'd both claim we are being objective and presenting objective evidence, "or can't you see", we'd ask one another, while claiming the other's subjectivity blinds them to what to us seems objective.

I am not arguing with you vaxx. I find you worthy to discuss with because you give me something to consider. It is by considering that I tend to learn to separate my subjectives from the objective.
With this open mind , i do not see you subscribing to atheism for long, there is light on the tunnel. safe bro.
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
vaxx:
it is like saying,is it truth that there is no truth, which to me is nonsense,Both subjective and objective truth can obviously exist. When two people agree, not just on a truth, but on the rationale justifying the truth even if it is ridiculous, then it becomes more objective and hence we say objectivity establish subjective evidence.
I am not saying there is no truth. There is truth, but it has nothing to do with the number of people who agree. A billion people can agree on a lie. We could be deceived that what is untrue is true. Objectivity and truth are not determined by vote! The standards that determine a thing is objective, or the truth, do not include the number of people who say it is!

Remember the tree falling in the forest with no one to witness it? Is it true that a tree can fall in a forest if there is no one to see it fall? We can reach absolute truth, once you abandon the idea that it is democratically determined, or impossible.

vaxx:
this mystery may explain God to you if you give in a second thought.

My ma onced said, "buda, if people tell you something, why don't you try it before abandoning it". So one Sunday morning in 2000thereabouts, I followed her to church. On the Tuesday, I went to Bible Study, on Wednesday, I assisted the vicar in publishing the newsletter, and on Thursday, I volunteered teaching English in the free school set up by the church, and I was the secretary of the Parochial Church Council and the Men's Group. And I did this all religiously, as in regularly for 12 years. I have to inform you that "belief" did not catch me.

When I was a child, going to church on Sunday was the only way to get out of the house, so I went, religiously. It piqued my interest, as in what the heck they all saying and worshipping, so at 9 I began reading the Bible and finished it by the time I was 12, and realised I did not have the disease called "belief".

I have been studying the idea of gods and religions from the spiritual perspective, archaeological perspective, religious perspective, historical, psychological, sociological, mythical, mystical etc for decades now and have done so because of a search for knowledge and a lack of belief, and all the studying makes me unable to believe even more.

I would say the above is sufficient to determine that I have often given the idea of gods way more than second thoughts numerous times. So please stop projecting your subjective opinion about the amount of investigation I have done regarding the gods. One does not boldly state that gods are figments of the imagination on a whim!

"Belief" is what you get once you have closed your mind and become unwilling to consider further. "Knowing" is what you get to when you have considered all the evidence there is and have nothing further to consider, but will consider it if you happen to find further evidence to consider.

vaxx:
if subjective statement is judged empirically,it become scientific and hence become objective,
Judging a statement objectively does not make the statement objective! It just means you have objectively tested the statement itself and it may still remain a subjective unverified statement.

vaxx:
good, it shows you are not close minded. you cannot be open minded and still remain an atheist, you now have one leg out of the river Rubicon.
My stock response to this is, "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things." It's Alice's response to the Queen in Alice Through the Looking Glass.

One cannot open ones mind to all sorts of nonsense vaxx. And there is no need to fill the gap with gods out of sheer laziness! One can objectively check the evidence even if at the end ones conclusion is subjective to oneself.
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
[quote author=budaatum post=66902528]
I am not saying there is no truth. There is truth, but it has nothing to do with the number of people who agree. A billion people can agree on a lie. We could be deceived that what is untrue is true. Objectivity and truth are not determined by vote! The standards that determine a thing is objective, or the truth, do not include the number of people who say it is!
And neither do i say so, objective and subjective truth can be placed on the platform of rationalization, we both may conclude RELATIVELY on numerous evidence pointing toward us. truth is not democratic, it is a respecter of no one, be it science or logic. truth remain absolute. we can only try to reach it but NOT the truth in his openness itself. that is why our relative truth we continue to shape, re -shape until when the truth decide to reveal itself.
Remember the tree falling in the forest with no one to witness it? Is it true that a tree can fall in a forest if there is no one to see it fall? We can reach absolute truth, once you abandon the idea that it is democratically determined, or impossible.

this is fallacy, our relative truth, be it subjective and objective is subjected to time, space, circumstances even resources and all this are not fixed. so it is impossible for human to reach absolute true. orunmila invite sango and ogun for a dinner, after the dinner, they decide to play (ayo opon) orunmila then decide to test their knowledge, he said he had a gift for both of them which is located in different room in his house, shango open one of the room, only to find a beautiful and pretty damsel waiting to be behold , he was very happy at least he will marry
and she will become the latest of her old wives, he immediately run to orunmila,o ye my friend , i have seen the gift, please let me have her, orunmila respond not so quick, wait let ogun give us his feedback, ogun also open a room only to find a well arranged beautiful and well sharp war equipment. he was also very happy as this equipment will be good for hunting and at the same time during the period of war. so he also approached orunmila to let him go away with this equipment. orunmila said ok no problem, since you have seen the gift and you all like it, go in there and have it. shango run quickly to the room to get hold of his pretty damsel, only to find an ugly wretched looking woman, he became sad as this what not he saw earlier, he said orunmila , i am not taking the gift again, orumila reply why? he said the damsel has become ugly, orunmila laugh and reply, do you not know, she will grow to become like this after years of consummation, she will definitely grow old. ogun also come back to give the same report, orunmila also reply, that the new weapons you say in there will soon become old fashioned later as it cannot be new for life. so there is relativity in what they both saw but was not absolute. the wisdom behind this little knowledge test is no human true can stand the test of time as nothing is permanent. so in this context, i salute the brilliance philosophy of orunmila who said absolute truth is unreachable. to socrate who said we should aim for absolute true. even traffic light is a good example, it is green in one moment and false the next.

My ma onced said, "buda, if people tell you something, why don't you try it before abandoning it". So one Sunday morning in 2000thereabouts, I followed her to church. On the Tuesday, I went to Bible Study, on Wednesday, I assisted the vicar in publishing the newsletter, and on Thursday, I volunteered teaching English in the free school set up by the church, and I was the secretary of the Parochial Church Council and the Men's Group. And I did this all religiously, as in regularly for 12 years. I have to inform you that "belief" did not catch me.

When I was a child, going to church on Sunday was the only way to get out of the house, so I went, religiously. It piqued my interest, as in what the heck they all saying and worshipping, so at 9 I began reading the Bible and finished it by the time I was 12, and realised I did not have the disease called "belief".

I have been studying the idea of gods and religions from the spiritual perspective, archaeological perspective, religious perspective, historical, psychological, sociological, mythical, mystical etc for decades now and have done so because of a search for knowledge and a lack of belief, and all the studying makes me unable to believe even more.

I would say the above is sufficient to determine that I have often given the idea of gods way more than second thoughts numerous times. So please stop projecting your subjective opinion about the amount of investigation I have done regarding the gods. One does not boldly state that gods are figments of the imagination on a whim!

"Belief" is what you get once you have closed your mind and become unwilling to consider further. "Knowing" is what you get to when you have considered all the evidence there is and have nothing further to consider, but will consider it if you happen to find further evidence to consider.

Judging a statement objectively does not make the statement objective! It just means you have objectively tested the statement itself and it may still remain a subjective unverified statement.

My stock response to this is, "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things." It's Alice's response to the Queen in Alice Through the Looking Glass.

One cannot open ones mind to all sorts of nonsense vaxx. And there is no need to fill the gap with gods out of sheer laziness! One can objectively check the evidence even if at the end ones conclusion is subjective to oneself.
I AM WEAK TO WRITE LONG, I WILL ADVICE YOU TO BE OPEN MINDED JUST LIKE HOW YOU DID ON THE CONCEPT OF SUBJECTIVITY WHEN YOU FIRST DENIED IT. GOD is not be find in the gap, every thing is a MICROCOSM of GOD HIMSELF
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by Butterflyleo: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
budaatum:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 12:36am On Apr 22, 2018
vaxx:

she will grow to become like this after years of consummation, she will definitely grow old.

that the new weapons you say in there will soon become old fashioned later as it cannot be new for life. so there is relativity in what they both saw but was not absolute.
There is a reason why I am careful when I write stuff, especially on forums. Experience has shown me that words can easily be misunderstood, especially by those who are hell bent on sticking to their positions irregardless of opposing evidence.

If I had 100 Naira in my pocket at 2pm on Saturday 21 April 2018, and spent half of it by 4pm that day. It is still absolutely true that I had 100 Naira in my pocket at 2pm on Saturday 21 April 2018 even though I had only 50 Naira by 4 pm that day. And there's nothing relative about it. Time just passed, and circumstances changed!

Prince Harry may one day become the president of Nigeria, but currently (and you may go back and see that I have been careful not to omit that word), it is an absolute objective verifiable truth to claim that Buhari is the current president of Nigeria, and Prince Harry is not. And by current, I mean today, 21 April 2018.

Please note that in my opinion, a person who claims that absolute truth is impossible has no basis on which to claim gods absolutely exist. Such a person would find it difficult to simply cross a road because they would never be certain they wouldn't get run over by the invisible non-existent approaching car! In fact, that person would not live very long at all!

What Ogun an Sango above saw is not relative, but observed at different times! Or perhaps the sekete they drank with their dinner went to their eyes!
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 8:57am On Apr 22, 2018
budaatum:

What Ogun an Sango above saw is not relative, but observed at different times! Or perhaps the sekete they drank with their dinner went to their eyes!
There is always more than enough error in your feedback, be careful next time , you are error free even if is small, this is is how you reject subjective evidence, not until i shown you a lot of theories telling how much fallacy you are making. this is another one again. According to an academic source. this is what relativism imply, '' Relativism, roughly put, is the view that truth and falsity, right and wrong, standards of reasoning, and procedures of justification are products of differing conventions and frameworks of assessment and that their authority is confined to the context giving rise to them. More precisely, “relativism” covers views which maintain that—at a high level of abstraction—at least some class of things have the properties they have (e.g., beautiful, morally good, epistemically justified) not simpliciter, but only relative to a given framework of assessment (e.g., local cultural norms, individual standards), and correspondingly, that the truth of claims attributing these properties holds only once the relevant framework of assessment is specified or supplied. Relativists characteristically insist, furthermore, that if something is only relatively so, then there can be no framework-independent vantage point from which the matter of whether the thing in question is so can be established'' Even distractor who dismiss it could not substantiate their evidence brilliantly. https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/relativism/. you can go further and learn epistemology in relativism as well. And with the absolute true, this is what a famous philosopher says, ''There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths''.– Friedrich Nietzsche.There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths. – Friedrich Nietzsche: Human, All-too-Human.

moreover, if you were the type of person reading lot of philosophy articles, which i doubt, if not you will not be putting me into this kind of forth and back argument, you would have find no mention of ‘absolute truths’ and no philosophers intent on demonstrating the existence or nonexistence of this apparent species of truth. The reason for this is not a lack of interest, on the part of contemporary philosophers, in the issues that people have in mind when they proffer the locution ‘there are no absolute truths’. Philosophers have many things to say about these issues. Rather, the reason why contemporary philosophers eschew talk of ‘absolute truths’ is that they find such talk to be an impediment to careful, rigorous debate. when i say there is no absolute true, this is what i am expressing.

– Anything that we take to be true is revisable
– We can never have a unique-eye’ view of the universe
– All truths are a matter of opinion
– Truth is relative (to culture, historical epoch, language, society etc.)
– All the truths that we know are subjective truths (i.e. mind-dependent truths)
– There is nothing more to truth than what we are willing to assert as true

Unless, you have a proven solution to all this PROBLEM, and i bet you if you did, it will make you the greatest philosopher on earth, ever far better than socrate and plato. however let me post an academia article that give details about truth and absolute for you to learn. .https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/truth/. they are more to it but go thru that first. i may also recommend some books for you later.
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
vaxx:
There is always more than enough error in your feedback, be careful next time , you are error free even if is small, this is is how you reject subjective evidence, not until i shown you a lot of theories telling how much fallacy you are making. this is another one again. According to an academic source. this is what relativism imply, '' Relativism, roughly put,
No one is arguing relativism with you! There is nothing relatively true about the statement Prince Harry being the current president of Nigeria!

And I never rejected subjectivity! But if by "subjective evidence", you mean subjective like "because I said so", then you must be tripping. So, in case I err, define " subjective evidence" please!

And I never said I was error free and have posted on here where the showerhead taught me the folly of aiming to be perfect! If you cared for the objective truth, I would tell you that my ability to ensure I am infallible is fallible.

vaxx:
if you were the type of person reading lot of philosophy articles, which i doubt, you would have find no mention of ‘absolute truths’ and no philosophers intent on demonstrating the existence or nonexistence of this apparent species of truth.

“Are you absolutely sure of that?”

I cringed when you introduced the idea of "absolute truth" vaxx, but decided not to hold you up on it in order to keep to the discussion at hand.

That said, I am amused that you who claims to read philosophy would not know that there is a lot of argument on the topic.

"Absolute truth" is defined as inflexible reality: fixed, invariable, unalterable facts. For example, it is a fixed, invariable, unalterable fact that there are absolutely no square circles and there are absolutely no round squares.

Absolute Truth vs. Relativism
While absolute truth is a logical necessity, there are some religious orientations (atheistic humanists, for example) who argue against the existence of absolute truth. Humanism's exclusion of God necessitates moral relativism. Humanist John Dewey (1859-1952), co-author and signer of the Humanist Manifesto 1 (1933), declared, "There is no God and there is no soul. Hence, there are no needs for the props of traditional religion. With dogma and creed excluded, then immutable truth is also dead and buried. There is no room for fixed, natural law or moral absolutes." Humanists believe one should do, as one feels is right.

vaxx:
when i say there is no absolute true, this is what i am expressing.

– Anything that we take to be true is revisable
– We can never have a unique-eye’ view of the universe
– All truths are a matter of opinion
– Truth is relative (to culture, historical epoch, language, society etc.)
– All the truths that we know are subjective truths (i.e. mind-dependent truths)
– There is nothing more to truth than what we are willing to assert as true
What you are claiming here is that everything is subjective! Yet, you yourself have, in our discussion claimed some things are objective! So which is it now, is everything subjective and objectivity is impossible, or can there be objectivity?

Do me a favour, stop peppering your comments with patronising and condescending statements. A person who claims to read philosophy should be able to philosophise without constantly patronising the person he philosophises with!
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
@budaatum, while i was giving you an academic references that was published under rigorous study and scientific research , you are here honoring me with non substantial references from allaboutphilosphy and got question. mtcheew, this kick out your response, please use academia website for me next time. wikipedia or rational wiki is preferred if not universities journals.
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
budaatum:

No one is arguing relativism with you! There is nothing relatively true about the statement Prince Harry being the current president of Nigeria!

And I never rejected subjectivity! But if by "subjective evidence", you mean subjective like "because I said so", then you must be tripping. So, in case I err, define " subjective evidence" please!

And I never said I was error free and have posted on here where the showerhead taught me the folly of aiming to be perfect! If you cared for the objective truth, I would tell you that my ability to ensure I am infallible is fallible.

“Are you absolutely sure of that?”

I cringed when you introduced the idea of "absolute truth" vaxx, but decided not to hold you up on it in order to keep to the discussion at hand.

That said, I am amused that you who claims to read philosophy would not know that there is a lot of argument on the topic.

"Absolute truth" is defined as inflexible reality: fixed, invariable, unalterable facts. For example, it is a fixed, invariable, unalterable fact that there are absolutely no square circles and there are absolutely no round squares.

Absolute Truth vs. Relativism
While absolute truth is a logical necessity, there are some religious orientations (atheistic humanists, for example) who argue against the existence of absolute truth. Humanism's exclusion of God necessitates moral relativism. Humanist John Dewey (1859-1952), co-author and signer of the Humanist Manifesto 1 (1933), declared, "There is no God and there is no soul. Hence, there are no needs for the props of traditional religion. With dogma and creed excluded, then immutable truth is also dead and buried. There is no room for fixed, natural law or moral absolutes." Humanists believe one should do, as one feels is right.

What you are claiming here is that everything is subjective! Yet, you yourself have, in our discussion claimed some things are objective! So which is it now, is everything subjective and objectivity is impossible, or can there be objectivity?

Do me a favour, stop peppering your comments with patronising and condescending statements. A person who claims to read philosophy should be able to philosophise without constantly patronising the person he philosophises with!
you lack comprehension? am done with you on this . maybe another one next time.
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
vaxx:
@budaatum, while i was giving you an academic references that was published under rigorous and scientific research , you are here honoring me with non substantial references from allaboutphilosphy and got question. mtcheew, this kick out your response, please use academia website for me next time. wikipedia or rational wiki is preferred if not universities journals.
What you posted does not claim truths do not exist. It purely gives a survey of views on the topic. And you might notice that I do not go about throwing irrelevant references at you. My point is a simple, "if there are no truths, why are you throwing what you claim is true at me?" Or aren't you?

Besides, the term, "absolute truths" was introduced by you when it suited you to do so. I gave a simple example, "Buhari is the current president of Nigeria". I also gave you an objective reason why it is true and you never gave anything back claiming it isn't!

So I simply repeat, is the statement "Buhari is the current president of Nigeria", a statement any rational minded person would claim is not objectively absolutely verifiably true today, 22 April 2018?
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
vaxx:
No I don't. I simply do not agree with you.

And yes, there will be a next time!
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
budaatum:

What you posted does not claim truths do not exist. It purely gives a survey of views on the topic. And you might notice that I do not go about throwing irrelevant references at you. My point is a simple, "if there are no truths, why are you throwing what you claim is true at me?" Or aren't you?

Besides, the term, "absolute truths" was introduced by you when it suited you to do so. I gave a simple example, "Buhari is the current president of Nigeria". I also gave you an objective reason why it is true and you never gave anything back claiming it isn't!

So I simply repeat, is the statement "Buhari is the current president of Nigeria", a statement any rational minded person would claim is not objectively absolutely verifiably true today, 22 April 2018?

AM done on this blind argument, i will tolerate it again if i notice i will be exploring a new breath of knowledge from you. i cannot continue the argument i am not benefiting. it should not be only me presenting, it should be both of us. get yourself some book and better your understanding, i saw this flaw in you earlier even before i change your subjective perspective. IRE O
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
Your subjectivity blinds you to the objective my man. And no, I am not done with you, nor do I need to be throwing stuff irrelevant to the discussion at hand to prove my point.

We are discussing objectivity and subjectivity. You claim, amongst various many other claims, that there is 'subjective truth', and that there are no 'absolute truths', another concept introduced by you. I take it to mean an individual can determine by themself if a statement is true or not. I therefore present you with a simple statement to test what you say, but you, knowing where it leads you, want to run away!

So I simply repeat, is the subjective statement "Buhari is the current president of Nigeria", a statement any rational minded person would claim is not objectively absolutely verifiably true today, 22 April 2018?

vaxx:
AM done on this blind argument, i will tolerate it again if i notice i will be exploring a new breath of knowledge from you. i cannot continue the argument i am not benefiting. it should not be only me presenting, it should be both of us. get yourself some book and better your understanding, i saw this flaw in you earlier even before i change your subjective perspective. IRE O
And please, I repeat, stop with the flawed spurious unfounded subjective statements!
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by vaxx: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
EVEN after enlightening you that empirical statement cannot be subjective, you are still repeating this poo for the purpose of argument. your lack comprehension my man . i correct you overtime, any element or statement that can be proven empirically is not subjective, it is objective, likewise i also correct you making statement like that of your claim is objective statement because it can be be verified, scrutinized and observed. you are still repeating your normal mistake. i am done biko. it is either you lack understanding or it is intentional , maybe doing it to cover shame when your ignorance have been exposed. i have given it to the viewer to make a judge. if i do not know , i read thru the lines rather than argue. @budaatum
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2018
vaxx:
EVEN after enlightening you that empirical statement cannot be subjective, you are still repeating this poo for the purpose of argument.
Vaxx! You have not enlightened me! And do not insult yourself by claiming I argue for the "purpose of argument"!

I have never said "empirical statements are subjective", though there are opinions that consider that they can be. Below is exactly what I claimed!

budaatum:

vaxx:
you lack comprehension my man . i correct you overtime, any element or statement that can be proven empirically is not subjective, it is objective,
Interesting. Your problem is that you refuse to consider the subject who decides what is objective and what is subjective. And the confused reason you can claim "subjective truth is reality" on one thread when nothing objective supports it. My question however is, "who's subjective is the reality?"

We are subjects, talking about objectivity and subjectivity, but you want to claim you are being objective, and you are teaching me, and I am being, how did you describe my subjectivity again? As "repeating this poo for the purpose of argument", "lack comprehension", "repeating your normal mistake", "lack understanding" or "it is intentional", and "to cover shame".

So, in your opinion, do you the hold above view because you have objective evidence to support it? Or is that your subjective view?

Below is a recent real world example of the confusion regarding objectivity and subjectivity.

DeLioncourt:
I am of the opinion that the religious god does not exist in any form.
Kemzeee1:
yes my dear God do really exist. he is in you
DeLioncourt:
that you choose to believe so, doesn't make it so.
Butterflyleo:
That you chose to disbelieve so, doesn't make it so.

Can you point out those who's statement you would claim are objective or subjective, and wonder if it matches the posters views of themselves, or, and, the views of independent observers?

Go and read the articles you yourself posted in this thread. They point out the complexity involved with the subjective and objective view. Yet you think for some reason that you can have your view, and just by saying so, it becomes objective, while claiming that is impossible for the subjective to be claimed to be objective. Isn't that exactly what you are attempting
to do here, make your subjective the objective?

Please be informed, it is intentional. And just in case it is missed, my claim is that people, including your very self too it seems, make some statements which may be subjective, but which can be supported by objective evidence; and statements which are subjective and lack any objectivity whatsoever, but which one claims is objective, be it falsely or not.

The above does not apply to objectivity in science, which should be completely devoid of subjectivity, but still unfortunately sometimes isn't. (C.f. young earthism, the no global warming stance, and the human's didn't evolve brigade.)

vaxx:
likewise i also correct you making statement like that of your claim is objective statement because it can be be verified, scrutinized and observed. you are still repeating your normal mistake. i am done biko.
I never said a statement that can be verified is not an objective statement. I even gave the wishy washy but verifiable one litre jug with half a litre of water carefully measured in which therefore can objectively be determined to be half empty and half full! Are you still claiming this is not objective?

If you are done, you will be done, but you aren't, and you know it!

vaxx:
it is either you lack understanding or it is intentional , maybe doing it to cover shame when your ignorance have been exposed. i have given it to the viewer to make a judge. if i do not know , i read thru the lines rather than argue. @budaatum
And do note how repetitive, and detailed I have been in my response to you! Its on here, with my name on it, I buda said it. If what I have written is as shameful as you think, trust me, I can't hide from it. Even if I go back and edit, the quotes in your responses have my name on it. And remember what I said at the beginning of the thread? It is a reference for the future, so it can more easily be followed.

Do note that I intend to update this thread regularly from now on so my stupid can't be missed!
Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
vaxx:
Lol. I. Said we'd be coming back. But blame sc for reminding me.

1 Like

Re: On Subjectivity And Objectivity by budaatum: 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
johnydon22:
A recent example of ones subjectivity clouding their objectivity was butter's recent atheist thread in which he shot himself with his gun that shoots both ways. The thread highlighted the ease with which one can be objectively blinded by ones very own subjectivity.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Living In A Simulation - New Evidence / Types Of Thanksgiving / The Christians Should Provide Evidences,from The Bible, About Jesus's Death On The Cross.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.