Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production (1856 Views)

Barbing Or Hairdressing Saloon Business In Portharcourt. / Is Anyone Into Hairdressing And Barbing Salon Biz? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by maxdosh(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2010
help me, I need advice on what to learn i am 22years old young good looking young man i need advice, i am very confused my parents dont have the funds to assist me in higher institution. So i have decided to learn something that can earn me money and make my family happy.

I have a flare for music and i have been thinking of learning hairdressing professionally. Please what do i do. MUSIC IS MY DREAM, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE HAIRDRESSING CAN EARN ME MONEY FASTER. Please help me.

IF U ADVICE HAIRDRESSING PLEASE TELL ME the most affordable PROFESSIONAL hair styling or hair dressing school in lagos state.

AND IF U ADVICE MUSIC PRODUCTION PLEASE TELL ME the most affordable PROFESSIONAL MUSIC PRODUCTION school in lagos.

THANK YOU MY PEOPLE.
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by hecanfixit: 3:06pm On May 25, 2010
well friend,from what you said.i think you should start with one first,obviously you have a flair for music and i believe that this is where you would be fulfilled most in your life.but first things first,one you need to start learning hair dressing first, after you are through with learning this trade, you can now branch to going to a musical school.the truth is from now till eternity people will always want their hair done/fixed,so this is a viable way of earning an income.i hav heard of a barber that owns chains of houses and fleet of cars,just by cutting peoples hair.so start with hair dressig first then later you can proceed to your musical career.
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by ifsez: 1:56pm On May 27, 2010
I agree that you should go into hair dressing first.This may sound silly to you but you can actually learn how to braid,weave and fix hair from these road side hair dressers.In Festac and Ikeja under bridge they make hair beautifully,They are very experienced cos they do it often.

You can start from there and as you make more money you can move to a proper hair dressing school to learn more finesse and perfect hair finishing.Nothing stops you from practising music when you are not making hair or when your free.

All the best.
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by KKO2: 6:10pm On May 30, 2010
I advice you for music
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by frdolaclub(m): 8:33pm On May 30, 2010
To me,

Life is about decisions. Like I do say, Decisions Determines Destiny! Money should not be a motivating factor in decision making. I will counsel you to seek your heart and follow the blueprint of God for your destiny.

Money may not come initially, but persist and focus on your dreams, very soon. you start getting result.

I wish you well,
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by elderly: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2010
You could go for your hair dressing and do music part time. But you have manage both well and give hair dressing a top priority. Manage your time well and don't be carried away by music for now. You might also incorporate music into your hair dressing. it takes a while before music pays off. Also figure out what aspect of music production you want to go into. You can try learning something small such as setting up musical instruments/mixer ( you can learning this from ur church free) , you have to start small.
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by BizCoachC(m): 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2010
Maxdosh, go with your heart, go for your dreams, go for satisfaction and fulfillment. Why spend time, money and effort learning a trade you don't have a passion for? Who says you can't find an entry point now in music that can put money in your pocket? Have you thought of working for established music companies so that you can gain experience and knowledge on the job? Whatever you can do now that can bring you closer to your dreams, to the music industry, is definitely in the right direction. Go for it!!
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by xreal: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
22? It's good U r waking up early. Let me give u a practical advice. Hairdressing & music production are viable individualy, no harm combining d two. U dnt need a glass-housed saloon to learn hairdresing, U can be experienced enough learning d art under d bridge or dat litl container-shop close to dat campus, ur target is to learn d art and learn fast, so find a saloon wit lots of customers trooping in & out. D more u watch ur boss styling, d faster u learn -u grab? Be focusd at d job either while learning or when on ur own, ladies can make u loose ur focus. Another thing, after learning, try to raise some money nd RELOCATE; I advice U.K. While in d u.k U'ld get a job if U r realy good at it. Then U raise money nd start ur music production, U 'ld surely meet wit d right ppl somehow at d hairdressing job. Pls go back to naija and establish ur music production big time, U'ld make it better at home asper music; u shld be 25/6 by then; rather young. Trust no man, get ready 2 hussle.
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by misterani(m): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
you can still go into music production after making your money as a professional stylist. so, HAIRDRESSING 1st!
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by HAPPYKING1: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2010
Follow your passion not money
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 20, 2010
I don't think you can do the two. If you get into one first you will discover the one you love, you will never know until you take a step. If for e.g. you go into hairdressing and descover that your love for music is stronger or vice versa, don't be afraid to switch. Your success is determinant on your fearlessness.
Then give it time, learn your craft well. Bye.
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by aonikoyi: 1:55am On Jun 21, 2010
How does  the music industry work exactly in Nigeria?
Re: Help Me! Hairdressing Vs Music Production by Fhemmmy: 2:01am On Jun 22, 2010
The ultimate decision is yours, however, i would say you should start with the Hair dressing buz and here is why:
No guarantee that you will get a musician to produce.
Even if you do, it will take time for your label to be known

However, Nigerian likes to look good no matter how cheap
So while you start with the Hairdressing, you could be putting some money aside till you have enuf to start your nusic production.
You could even use some of the space in your salon to start the musical stuff.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Make Over #100,000 Monthly As Sms Reseller / Owning An MTN Smart Number / Professional Graphic Designers In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.