Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m (4133 Views)

Fresh Lagos Cleared! 2010 Honda Element / SOLD! SOLD!! Lagos Tincan Cleared! Tokunbo 2004 Lexus RX330 / Tincan Cleared 2010 Lexus Es350 full options . selling cheap!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by gidis1stson(m): 10:45am On May 12, 2018
Still available...
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by chukel(m): 11:16am On May 12, 2018
And calculux even innocently defended you. Well, vehicle is flooded. By my issue is that it has no 3rd row seat as u stated. I have same vehicle, same 2010, same limited edition but a 4 cylinder. They made provision for a 3rd row seat but never installed. Check well. I stand to be corrected. I also need a proof on the back up camera

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by gidis1stson(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2018
Still available.......
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 9:53am On May 13, 2018
And still Flooded

It's funny how those that rose to your defence when it seemed you were besieged have stayed away from this thread after your wrongdoing was exposed.

CalculusX do you have anything to add on this matter?

3 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by gidis1stson(m): 10:13am On May 13, 2018
You can see the "water level" yourself.
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 10:14am On May 13, 2018
So you knew this vehicle had a flood title when you were making all those claims weeks ago?

2 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by gidis1stson(m): 10:17am On May 13, 2018
Cosplay:
So you knew this vehicle had a flood title when you were making all those claims weeks ago?

In all sincerity I didn't know.. same importer brought in the highlander and rav4.
But,I have driven and accessed both cars..they are in a good state.
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 10:17am On May 13, 2018
gidis1stson:
2010 Toyota rav4 limited edition
Superb power and fuel economy V6 engine, keyless entry, back-up camera, huge cargo space with flat load floor, roomy second-row seating, 3rd row seating ,balanced ride and handling, solid build quality, strong crash test scores, Audio and cruise controls on steering wheel, Tire Pressure Warning, Aux Audio Inputs,Stability Control..
Flood and accident free.
Price :
IG@olajideautos
Call or whatsapp +2348181926479

When you posted this advert, did you know this vehicle was flooded?

3 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 10:19am On May 13, 2018
gidis1stson:

In all sincerity I didn't know.. same importer brought in the highlander and rav4.

You should have known.

Unfortunately ignorance is not an excuse.

4 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 10:21am On May 13, 2018
If someone sold you a phone and claimed it had no faults or no issues, then later on you discovered it had sustained some significant damage, would you accept the excuse that the seller didn't know?

2 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by gidis1stson(m): 10:23am On May 13, 2018
Cosplay:

You should have known.

Unfortunately ignorance is not an excuse.

Not saying it's an excuse. But, you need to know not all dealers would just package and sell cars the way they brought them in...
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 10:26am On May 13, 2018
gidis1stson:

I won't bother posting the links I usually do, but I'll just state that Flooded vehicles are the worst type of salvage vehicles.

That's not an opinion. It is a fact.

Part of that is because they will almost always start-up and appear to run well.

The damage is insidious and often once it appears it may be irreversible.

You mentioned the water level. That is just one aspect. Do you know how long the car was in the water for? Do you know whether it was saltwater?

3 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by gidis1stson(m): 10:28am On May 13, 2018
Cosplay:
If someone sold you a phone and claimed it had no faults or no issues, then later on you discovered it had sustained some significant damage, would you accept the excuse that the seller didn't know?

Why would i think buying a used phone would have no faults?

You can't compare phones to a vehicle. Even foreign used phones dey give wahala.
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 10:32am On May 13, 2018
gidis1stson:

Why would i think buying a used phone would have no faults?

You can't compare phones to a vehicle. Even foreign used phones dey give wahala.

You have managed to miss the point.

The point is not the phone.

The point is the defective merchandise with the seller claiming ignorance.

Would you accept that?

Matter of fact, if you purchased a vehicle from someone and down the line you discovered it was flooded, would you just accept it if the dealer told you he didn't know?

3 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by sauceEEP(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2018
Op don humble...

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by calculusx(m): 12:34pm On May 13, 2018
Cosplay:
And still Flooded

It's funny how those that rose to your defence when it seemed you were besieged have stayed away from this thread after your wrongdoing was exposed.

CalculusX do you have anything to add on this matter?

No comment. I already discussed this with him last week, he relied solely on what his importer told him without doing due diligence. Not all dealers know how to get US Pictures or have $45 for just 25 reports. I could have discovered it myself and notify him but no be all Vin no person go dey check online.
Cosplay, be like say you want to turn me to spokesman for all NL dealers grin I can't monitor all threads like you do,it's only the one my moniker was mentioned or caught my attention I respond to
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 12:46pm On May 13, 2018
calculusx:

No comment. I already discussed this with him last week, he relied solely on what his importer told him without doing due diligence. Not all dealers know how to get US Pictures or have $45 for just 25 reports. I could have discovered it myself and notify him but no be all Vin no person go dey check online.
Cosplay, be like say you want to turn me to spokesman for all NL dealers grin I can't monitor all threads like you do,it's only the one my moniker was mentioned or caught my attention I respond to

I mentioned you here because I noticed your comments earlier extolling the virtues of the vehicle as clean title and comparing it to your salvage titled vehicles.

I ran the VIN the same day those comments were made and I figured I'd see how long those claims would last before he either corrected them or someone else called him out.

This thing about purchase pictures and all that, I've often mentioned it's really unnecessary. This was flooded, and there are at least a dozen more cases of flooded vehicles or vehicles with undercarriage damage that photos wouldn't provide any useful information about, in this section.

It does make sense that he didn't know, but that cannot be accepted as a tenable excuse. He should have known, he advertised it here so the responsibility is, and was his.

1000 for AutoCheck Report seems like a very great deal considering that these vehicles are listed for millions of naira, and the middlemen expect to reap significant profits far outweighing measly 1000 naira.

3 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 12:50pm On May 13, 2018
Meanwhile there's a thread explaining history reports and AutoCheck score, the range and all that, like you alluded to in one of your recent posts. Will find the link.

2 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by calculusx(m): 1:37pm On May 13, 2018
Cosplay:
Meanwhile there's a thread explaining history reports and AutoCheck score, the range and all that, like you alluded to in one of your recent posts. Will find the link.

Furnish me with the link. Moreso, like in this case, not defending anyone but just stating the obvious. Most Cars displayed by middlemen are not in their possession as you can tell from the Pictures.
Hubcruz for instance have access to numerous Cars including their Vin no, how many Autocheck report will he do when it's not even sure the sale of the Vehicle will come through him.
Nevertheless, that doesn't justify middlemen not doing their due diligence as they are responsible for any mis-information on their adverts. Such mis-information doesn't warrant insults, embarrassment, name calling except if the Dealer or Middleman in question is fervent in such an act.
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by calculusx(m): 1:41pm On May 13, 2018
Cosplay:

1000 for AutoCheck Report seems like a very great deal considering that these vehicles are listed for millions of naira, and the middlemen expect to reap significant profits far outweighing measly 1000 naira.

Desist from using the above website for Report. Their Reports are not concise and accurate. I'v been burnt many times because of their un-updated reports.

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 1:58pm On May 13, 2018
calculusx:

Desist from using the above website for Report. Their Reports are not concise and accurate. I'v been burnt many times because of their un-updated reports.

Nah. It's actually not from some random website. These are actual comprehensive autocheck reports from AutoCheck, by Experian. I would not mention it if I hadn't personally confirmed the reports. Lookup Carguideng here on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 2:04pm On May 13, 2018
calculusx:

Furnish me with the link. Moreso, like in this case, not defending anyone but just stating the obvious. Most Cars displayed by middlemen are not in their possession as you can tell from the Pictures.
Hubcruz for instance have access to numerous Cars including their Vin no, how many Autocheck report will he do when it's not even sure the sale of the Vehicle will come through him.
Nevertheless, that doesn't justify middlemen not doing their due diligence as they are responsible for any mis-information on their adverts. Such mis-information doesn't warrant insults, embarrassment, name calling except if the Dealer or Middleman in question is fervent in such an act.

https://www.nairaland.com/4500277/vin-photos

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by calculusx(m): 2:07pm On May 13, 2018
Cosplay:

Nah. It's actually not from some random website. These are actual comprehensive autocheck reports from AutoCheck, by Experian. Lookup Carguideng here on nairaland.

I'm actually referring to them. Their Reports are not 100% accurate. Not even 95%accurate. I have proofs. It's Sabbath Day Let's just leave it like that

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 2:10pm On May 13, 2018
calculusx:

I'm actually referring to them. Their Reports are not 100% accurate. Not even 95%accurate. I have proofs. It's Sabbath Day Let's just leave it like that

grin Now I have to mention that you're flat out wrong about that. I have a great deal of personal experience with both major history providers.

In my experience CarFax will give you a better view of service history, Autocheck will catch more accidents.

A lot of dealerships and auction houses and other agencies have long switched to AutoCheck from CarFax.

Copart.com uses AutoCheck, Iaai draws some of the history from both autocheck and Carfax

3 Likes

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 2:14pm On May 13, 2018
AutoCheck particularly is far more useful in the Nigerian setting, considering that most cars imported here have at some point passed through an auction.

Carfax is notorious for being unable to track auctions, but their advantage is in indicating service history and number of owners.

Considering the pricing and the information contained, I'd choose autocheck over carfax any day.

http://blog.drivetime.com/carfax-vs-autocheck-3-differences-must-know/

https://www.autocheck.com/vehiclehistory/autocheck/en/autocheck-vs-carfax

https://www.cardealexpert.com/fyi/carfax-vs-autocheck-vehicle-history-report/

https://www.drivingsales.com/forums/general-mgt/autocheck-is-it-really-more-accurate-than-carfax

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 2:22pm On May 13, 2018
Where is computerglobal? Come and have your say in this matter smiley
Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 2:26pm On May 13, 2018
Of course one should never rely solely on these history reports. They are a very important step, but are by no means the only step. Physical inspection is just as important.

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by calculusx(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2018
I prefer Carfax to Autocheck because of their concise report. For instance, take a Vin with Autocheck Report on Copart and compair it with Carfax Report and state the obvious. For such Vehicle, Autocheck will only update the Report only after the Vehicle is sold on Auction or leaves America .
On Numerous occasions, I rely more on Carfax than Autocheck Report because they update faster than Autocheck. Will find time and upload my findings

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 2:31pm On May 13, 2018
calculusx:
I prefer Carfax to Autocheck because of their concise report. For instance, take a Vin with Autocheck Report on Copart and compair it with Carfax Report and state the obvious. For such Vehicle, Autocheck will only update the Report only after the Vehicle is sold on Auction or leaves America .
On Numerous occasions, I rely more on Carfax than Autocheck Report because they update faster than Autocheck. Will find time and upload my findings

On that we disagree again.

I have also put these to a lot of tests and I have found that AutoCheck reports tend to be updated reasonably frequently.

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 2:35pm On May 13, 2018
Ultimately it's a personal decision.

They both offer the same level of information, both have their strengths and deficiencies, but when searching for a vehicle especially in the Nigerian context one cannot possibly continue to fork out 4000 or 3000 for carfax reports.

In that context, and in my considerable experience, I would recommend autocheck over carfax. Don't let the seeming low price leave you biased.

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Cosplay: 2:40pm On May 13, 2018
Thread Landlord, take a cue from

https://www.nairaland.com/4354149/fiery-red-super-neat-2015

That was flooded as well.

The seller eventually owned up and included it in his advert.

1 Like

Re: SOLD.. Lagos Cleared 2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited Edition #5m by Hauptmann: 3:00pm On May 13, 2018
I've been looking for 2008-09 ford edge here in bayelsa, all the ones I saw have one problem or d other. the last one a nairalander sent me the vin and carfax said it was clean and accident free but the mechanic saw rust underneath and said it was because of flood.
I got the 2000 naira autocheck report from carguide with pics and actually the car was salvage from snow and mud in canada.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tippers (911 Benz 1113, 1413 And 1513) For Sale: Pictures Attached / Volvo Fl6.18 4x2 Closed Box Truck For Sale / 2005 Mercedes Benz C320 4matic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.