Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial (33314 Views)

Ireti Doyle Celebrates Her 56th Birthday On Set With AY, Iyabo Ojo (Video) / Davido And Chioma In TV Commercial Shoot (Photos) / Omotola, Ireti Doyle & Tiwa Savage At Banky W, Adesua Etomi Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by newsynews: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
Actress Iretiola Doyle has shared a post to encourage ladies who are dark-skinned. The legendary Nollywood actress wrote on how her skin color almost made her lose a role in her first tv commercial. She was almost dropped due to her dark skin, but fortunately for her, the director believed in her and used his influence to ensure she did the commercial.

Actress Iretiola Doyle shared on Instagram:

”I shot my 1st tv commercial over two decades ago. It was a major deal for an upcoming actor; for the visibility and the pay check.
I nearly lost that gig for being the wrong skin colour. I didn’t match the client rep’s “ideal”.
Thankfully, the director, Mr. Wale Fanu wasn’t a push over. He told the chap to let him do his thing or take him off the project.
Fast forward 20yrs, “Melanin Poppin” has become a # and the dark skinned girl is having her day in the sun.
It might take a little while longer, but eventually it will be clear that “loud and obnoxious” is not quite the same as “bold and audacious”…And that being polite, soft spoken and demure, is not “fake”; neither is it a “weakness”. @kelechiamadiobi(AMVCA 2016)”.

https://www.wotzup.ng/skin-color-tv-commercial-iretiola-doyle/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by muckross(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
Hmm
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Chidexter(m): 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
I no even know your skin colour sef

6 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by nextstep(m): 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
Always enjoy what this great actress brings to her roles.

15 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by chocorex(m): 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
another ftc missed
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
sad

13 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Crixina(f): 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
Great

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by prettyzee11(f): 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
They don't just know, you have one of the best skin color in d world. Black rocks.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by bola565: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
Mad people everywhere.

Ceecee with the craze

Miracle with the grace

2018 with the pace o

Omo Agege with the Mace

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by 1stola: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Some dumb degenerated ignorant fools will come here to call her black.

Color blinded fools

How does a brown color relate to black?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by cremedelacreme: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Sexy Mama.

1 Like

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Sirpaul(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
oya change it naaaaaaa ....... shithole everywhere
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Daniel058(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
We wey light skinned naturally wetin b our prize �??
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
Sirpaul:
oya change it naaaaaaa ....... shithole everywhere

Have you eaten today?

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Daniel058(m): 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
We wey light skinned naturally wetin b our prize ??
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Josephjnr(m): 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
Funny
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Mryacks: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
Love her acting in Tinsel.....very calm and professional screen presence she has..

9 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Sharon6(f): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
#melanin popping#

Do you desire a beautiful glowing chocolate skin? Check my signature.
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Inception(m): 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
bola565:
Mad people everywhere.

Ceecee with the craze

Miracle with the grace

2018 with the pace o

Omo Agege with the Mace
grin

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by EddieCAD(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nairaland account for sale

Since 2008 undecided
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Hemjayy: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
No b this same person born wen she was 18?
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by girl4rmspace(f): 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2018
bola565:
Mad people everywhere.

Ceecee with the craze

Miracle with the grace

2018 with the pace o

Omo Agege with the Mace

Claps
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
1stola:
Some dumb degenerated ignorant fools will come here to call her black.

Color blinded fools

How does a brown color relate to black?
The people that are called white people, how are they white?

5 Likes

Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by nabegibeg: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2018
newsynews:
Actress Iretiola Doyle has shared a post to encourage ladies who are dark-skinned. The legendary Nollywood actress wrote on how her skin color almost made her lose a role in her first tv commercial. She was almost dropped due to her dark skin, but fortunately for her, the director believed in her and used his influence to ensure she did the commercial.

Actress Iretiola Doyle shared on Instagram:

https://www.wotzup.ng/skin-color-tv-commercial-iretiola-doyle/
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by spinna: 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2018
Reminds me when i asked people if they would change from black if they could..omo see answers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU6j0v5v4oE
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by boyjo: 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
She does look like Linda Ikeji
Re: Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
Many Nigerians are colour struck.

I've never been discriminated cos of my skin tone except the day a guy jokingly said I'm very pretty but I will be a goddess if am lightskinned. Twas funny. That's is why I don't like to date guys that are obsessed with colour/colour struck, its pretty annoying to say the least. My boo is lightskinned so i wont be hearing such.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rita Dominic In New Braids Hairdo (Photos) / Chief Imo Wears Pampers With Little Kids (Photos) / Wikipedia Updates P'Square Status. Highlights On Their Fight & Split

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.