Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,767 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:42 PM

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (46083 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To His Reported Sack By President Buhari / Bashir Ahmad Reacts As Ahmed Lawan Emerges Senate President / Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
ashjay001:

O ga o! She was from London sha. Never tot to doubt her, too.

Seems u're pissed-off at something, u've been short-tempered for some time.

Oya, take Oxford.

Lol, okay. Whatever
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
ashjay001:

O ga o! She was from London sha. Never tot to doubt her, too.

Seems u're pissed-off at something, u've been short-tempered for some time.

Oya, take Oxford.

You've given me something interesting to think of, I'll go back to my books and send to you when I confirm. I am not angry though
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by MistadeRegal(m): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
Is this not the same dude who said FG has opened over 40,000 E-mail accounts? What do you expect from him?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ashjay001(m): 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
skarlett:

You've given me something interesting to think of, I'll go back to my books and send to you when I confirm. I am not angry though

Shakespeare(i believe English ba), was quoted in one of those screenshots, sha.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
smirn:

Wait o, are Nigerian youths not truly lazy? Can you please take statistic of your family members and friends within this category and assess them based on this statement and just on your own tell yourself the truth.

even if we are lazy( which we are not) we still don't depend on government for any freebies as was claimed by the dullard.ihno.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by adonis89(m): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
For all buhari media aides, na diz one mumu pass

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ashewoboy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
repogirl:
I pity the lazy and stupid youths who voted for this monumental idiot in the first place......let's see how many other foolish youths whose residual stupidity will make them vote for this uselessness next year.

repowoman, where have you been? you are back with your fierceness.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
ashjay001:

Shakespeare(i believe English ba), was quoted in one of those screenshots, sha.

I'm back, checked my Webster's Thesaurus and saw idioms under 'learn by heart' and nothing on off head or hand. The only thing I can say is that language evolves and English language is still evolving, new words are added to the lexicon everyday so maybe now saying off head/hand is accepted but when they taught me, those idioms were considered wrong.

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by NwaliE01: 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
Let's go hunting gare. PMB dey craze

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Cashcard1(m): 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
Youth calling for d break up of Nigeria because of oil money are Lazy and Jobless...
akum78:
@APROKOGIRL

Shared via Twitter with ...

PMB has always applauded and celebrated Nigerian youths who excel in different areas of endeavour, from sports, to academia, and other realms. And he will continue to do so, because he values the youths and knows that they are the fulcrum on which the future of the country rests.

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/2140/president-buharis-assistant-on-media-reacts-to-nigerian-youths-are-lazy-comment/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ashjay001(m): 10:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
skarlett:

I'm back, checked my Webster's Thesaurus and saw idioms under 'learn by heart' and nothing on off head or hand. The only thing I can say is that language evolves and English language is still evolving, new words are added to the lexicon everyday so maybe now saying off head/hand is accepted but when they taught me, those idioms were considered wrong.

I said, Shakespeare was quoted!!! New word from where na?

I know, u have a degree in English, n really didn't want to do ds! But, ...

The white lady, in question, also, tot English, in my pry school! 28yrs+ ago!
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by urchman101(m): 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
straighttalk:
How will PDP not rush in defence of the fact that Nigerians youths are unproductive when they know that accepting the fact is accepting their 16 years of mismanagement and unprecedented looting in the history of this country.

How will PDP not rush to deny the fact when they know that at the end of the analysis, they will be fond culpable in the docility that plague the youth of this country owing to their fraudulent past.

How wouldn't PDP argue that nigerians youths are not lazy and uneducated knowing fully well that the same youths will be classified if not stigmatised if the youths got to know that what they have been denied of opportunities and benefits as a right.

PDP can only deceive some people but they cannot deceive the majority of the youths who have lived above the politics of emotions and sentiments, the reason why their ignoble activities was cut short and thrown out of power during the last general elections.

It's unfortunate that the same deluded youths whose emotions and sentiments had the better part of, are yet to realise what they were denied of 16 year of bumper harvest, enough to set this country on the path of Technologically advanced nation. Such that the same youth have organised themselves into amplifiers and magnifiers of distorted and contrived information targeted at discrediting the good and people's oriented policies of the present administration of Buhari.

It's on this note I urge the spirited good youths of this country to be immune of PDP and her agents of the contrived manipulations to woo the rest of us into believing that the present administration is not doing enough. We should accept our deficiency and seek to spore above the challenges

Now tell me who is deceiving who when the fact there and PMB is try with his interventionist measures in the form of blocking the importation of rice and other cosmetic goods to allow for food sufficiency and youth productivity, home grown food for school feeding, provisions of loans from Bank of Industry in Nigeria, etc yet many of us are always on the Internet looking for white-collar jobs.

PDP cannot and will never tell us the Truth: So let's face the Reality wake up from our slumber. China does not rise on white-collar but on productivity.
It's not about PDP nor APC. It's purely about the Nigerian Youths.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by fabuloz1(m): 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
straighttalk:
How will PDP not rush in defence of the fact that Nigerians youths are unproductive when they know that accepting the fact is accepting their 16 years of mismanagement and unprecedented looting in the history of this country.

How will PDP not rush to deny the fact when they know that at the end of the analysis, they will be fond culpable in the docility that plague the youth of this country owing to their fraudulent past.

How wouldn't PDP argue that nigerians youths are not lazy and uneducated knowing fully well that the same youths will be classified if not stigmatised if the youths got to know that what they have been denied of opportunities and benefits as a right.

PDP can only deceive some people but they cannot deceive the majority of the youths who have lived above the politics of emotions and sentiments, the reason why their ignoble activities was cut short and thrown out of power during the last general elections.

It's unfortunate that the same deluded youths whose emotions and sentiments had the better part of, are yet to realise what they were denied of 16 year of bumper harvest, enough to set this country on the path of Technologically advanced nation. Such that the same youth have organised themselves into amplifiers and magnifiers of distorted and contrived information targeted at discrediting the good and people's oriented policies of the present administration of Buhari.

It's on this note I urge the spirited good youths of this country to be immune of PDP and her agents of the contrived manipulations to woo the rest of us into believing that the present administration is not doing enough. We should accept our deficiency and seek to spore above the challenges

Now tell me who is deceiving who when the fact there and PMB is try with his interventionist measures in the form of blocking the importation of rice and other cosmetic goods to allow for food sufficiency and youth productivity, home grown food for school feeding, provisions of loans from Bank of Industry in Nigeria, etc yet many of us are always on the Internet looking for white-collar jobs.

PDP cannot and will never tell us the Truth: So let's face the Reality wake up from our slumber. China does not rise on white-collar but on productivity.
Sorry bro, I gotta do this

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Powerhousemm: 10:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This Bashir Ahmad is more educated than Femi Adesina..Femi Adesinas press release is tantamount to adding salt to injury sef

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
straighttalk:
Babe only tell us d bitter truth
Told you and your family the bitter truth
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by chuksonia(m): 11:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
akum78:
@APROKOGIRL

PMB has always applauded and celebrated Nigerian youths who excel in different areas of endeavour, from sports, to academia, and other realms. And he will continue to do so, because he values the youths and knows that they are the fulcrum on which the future of the country rests.

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/2140/president-buharis-assistant-on-media-reacts-to-nigerian-youths-are-lazy-comment/

cc; lalasticlala

it's alright no problem, the good news is that since on Wednesday that the president said whatever he said I've being looking for my PVC, and I finally found it this afternoon in ma office if u see the joy on ma face the way I was dusting it, even ma coworkers had to ask me y I'm I just smiling In such manner I only answered buhari is fvucked by 2019,
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by laudate: 11:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
straighttalk:

Wait first....was it PDP that called Nigerian youths unproductive, lazy, uneducated and ehm, wanting oil money? Was it PDP or PMB? Abi, you think we do not know the difference? I fit borrow you my contact lens, make you take check am, o! shocked
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by steveDpro: 11:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
cheesy
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 20, 2018
ashjay001:

I said, Shakespeare was quoted!!! New word from where na?

I know, u have a degree in English, n really didn't want to do ds! But, ...

The white lady, in question, also, tot English, in my pry school! 28yrs+ ago!

That its a new word doesn't mean it just started existing, people say it but it just became acceptable. For the Shakespeare you're quoting, why don't people still use 'tis, twas, thine' etc that is abundant in his works? Because those words are obsolete. English has evolved from 'thine and thee to yours and you,' and it will keep evolving. English did not start with Shakespeare and it won't end with him. The books I read taught me those idioms aren't acceptable (maybe as at when it was written) and I showed you the proof, no be internet gimme the degree na.

BTW, teachers are humans beings, whether white or black, they make mistakes which is why I never said my English professor taught me, I showed you one of the books that formed part of my education as my own proof. You can believe it or not.

You won't catch me dead saying off hand because that's not what I read and was taught, I'd rather say by heart which is what I told the lady I quoted. Saying 'off head' or 'hand' sounds ungrammatical to me and goes against the grain of what I was taught. I think that's the head and tail of this argument.

You said what you think is right and I said mine, we may both be right or wrong but frankly, it doesn't matter.

Thank you for an entertaining discussion at least I open textbook after a long while smiley

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by thinkmoney(m): 12:50am On Apr 20, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Damage control.

Buhari's unguarded utterances will surely lead him back to duara.

I have said this several times, ..Buhari's aides should stop him from saying things off head, otherwise he would keep embarrassing Nigerians like he always does.
He should stick and read the verbatim his aides prepared for him on the paper. Once he tries to cross his boundary by saying things off head, then another national embarrassment becomes inevitable.
my brother, its saying things off hand not off head. however, its a good point you made there.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ddeola: 1:34am On Apr 20, 2018
Is Buhari himself educated ?
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by oredav1759(m): 2:17am On Apr 20, 2018
"About the economy, we have a very young population, our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. This is a very conservative one.

More than 60 percent of that population is below 30, a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil-producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and Get housing, healthcare, education for free."
- President Buhari

I'm not sure it translated to mean we were lazy.
But it quite myopic of him to say that. We youth are up and doing and we are not depending on oil.
But these are basic demands every government should meet for development n growth
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ashjay001(m): 6:44am On Apr 20, 2018
skarlett:

That its a new word doesn't mean it just started existing, people say it but it just became acceptable. For the Shakespeare you're quoting, why don't people still use 'tis, twas, thine' etc that is abundant in his works? Because those words are obsolete. English has evolved from 'thine and thee to yours and you,' and it will keep evolving. English did not start with Shakespeare and it won't end with him. The books I read taught me those idioms aren't acceptable (maybe as at when it was written) and I showed you the proof, no be internet gimme the degree na.

BTW, teachers are humans beings, whether white or black, they make mistakes which is why I never said my English professor taught me, I showed you one of the books that formed part of my education as my own proof. You can believe it or not.

You won't catch me dead saying off hand because that's not what I read and was taught, I'd rather say by heart which is what I told the lady I quoted. Saying 'off head' or 'hand' sounds ungrammatical to me and goes against the grain of what I was taught. I think that's the head and tail of this argument.

You said what you think is right and I said mine, we may both be right or wrong but frankly, it doesn't matter.

Thank you for an entertaining discussion at least I open textbook after a long while smiley

Wehdone Ma.

I didn't infer anything u said up there! U said, it could be a new word, I gave u instances of how long, it's been around, that's why I referred to Shakespeare n my pry sch education.

U were taught by humans n d book u read, was written by humans too. Humans with their error prone ways n their limited knowledge! What ever d colour of their skins!

U earlier claimed it was Nigerian English? Then, probably a new word/or just became acceptable. Now, it goes against d grain of what u were taught n since its not in d textbook u use, it couldn't have been acceptable

This won't go anywhere, I could already predict d outcome, before delving into it. I rest my case.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sellers4buyers(m): 7:33am On Apr 20, 2018
For this singular statement, I withdraw my vote in advance...
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by fnd2003(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2018
Tell #buhari that laziness is better than failing to turn 1 dollar into 1 naira as promised, tell him that my laziness is better than not being able to create job opportunities for the youths.

Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by chuksmariendo(m): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2018
You r very stupid. Just cos of money u can't defend the truth.
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by HomeOfMe(f): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2018
akum78:
@APROKOGIRL

cc; lalasticlala

Whenever buhari travels abroad he always spews trash because there's no one to write his speech. He can't commune and talk intelligently because he lacks it
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by demio007: 8:34am On Apr 20, 2018
Awon Were ni government yi sha!!
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Cashcard1(m): 8:58am On Apr 20, 2018
[Youth calling for d break up of Nigeria because of oil money are Lazy and Jobless...quote author=DonMekino post=66859337]Its like any time pmb goes to London, the village ppl will be dancing shaku shaky with whatever is remained of his brain....he insults Nigerians in London too much. Time to stop visiting that Queen's country. Or was he receiving massage from Naomi Campbell that he forgot he's the President of Nigeria and not that of Ghana or South Africa......[/quote]
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ojoduoludare(m): 10:21am On Apr 20, 2018
you are a cow
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by KAYTEK111: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2018
Are you interested in Farming business 1,000acres of fertile land is available for sale along Iseyin road, at affordable price... Please contact me on whatsapp: 08162224654....
Re: Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by laudate: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
oredav1759:
"About the economy, we have a very young population, our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. This is a very conservative one.

More than 60 percent of that population is below 30, a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil-producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and Get housing, healthcare, education for free."
- President Buhari

I'm not sure it translated to mean we were lazy.
But it quite myopic of him to say that. We youth are up and doing and we are not depending on oil.
But these are basic demands every government should meet for development n growth

He said the youths are claiming that they should get "housing, healthcare, education for free." First of all, this statement is myopic. I do not know how many of our youth get housing, healthcare, education for free, in this day and age. shocked

Secondly, all over the world, you would discover that every country has a population that is made up of the good, the bad and the ugly. sad Their youth are made up of hardworking, focused and educated groups, as well as the hardworking, and active (though uneducated) ones. Both of them struggle to make a living, going out of their way to offer goods, services, brains, skills and brawn in an honest manner, using fair trade practices to eke out a daily living, in order to put food on their tables and those of their families. undecided

Alongside them are deviants who want something for nothing, who are obsessed with getting rich overnight, and have a false sense of entitlement. angry Thank goodness those in this group, are the minority. They are the touts, area boys, scammers and crooks who form the bulk of criminal gangs, worldwide. They can be found in every state, city, country and ethnic group. undecided

In nations with an active, well-equipped police force, their criminality is checked, before it gets out of control. sad In countries with inefficient security agencies, they infiltrate the security network and become partners in crime, with the agencies expected to bring them to book. The end result is an underground network of criminality, that is insidious and perverts the course of justice. angry

Buhari's crime was that he lumped all these different groups together, and failed to distinguish between the good and the bad. He tarred the good, innocent, hardworking ones with the humiliating brush of insults, for the sins of the lazy few. For this error, he must apologise and make amends. sad Don't ask me how such ammends would be made. His spin doctors should be able to come up with something interesting, to assuage the souls of the millions of honest youth, whose good name and reputation Buhari dragged in the mud with his words, before the international world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NSCDC Escort Biker For Commandant-general Dies Performing Stunt (Pics) / The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself / Bola Tinubu In An Elated Mood With A Female Fan...photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.