Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

'nigeria School Food Scheme Revolutionising Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'nigeria School Food Scheme Revolutionising Education (355 Views)

Nigeria's School Feeding Prrogramme Featured On Al-jazeera. / NYSC Saga: Shittu ‘exposes’ Ajimobi, Says He Also Skipped The Scheme / Nigeria School Food Scheme Revolutionising Education- Aljazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'nigeria School Food Scheme Revolutionising Education by thenewtribe: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2018
Free meals programme has fed nearly seven million pupils in about 40,000 schools and changed the nature of education.'

-- AL JAZEERA

READ MORE: http://www.newtribeng.com/opinions/nigeria-school-food-scheme-revolutionising-education/

Re: 'nigeria School Food Scheme Revolutionising Education by psucc(m): 10:06pm On Apr 19, 2018
This is why I tend to hate the media. They churn out half truth. I am a Nigerian, Not LAZY, I even pay tax to government from my little hustling.

Sir, the school feeding programme would have boost the school population but will not because food and education has little correlation. In fact in naming things found in the school environment, food will never be mentioned (confirm it from a nursery school pupil). They are many other things that are sine-qua-non to education that our government have blatantly ignored. The pupils have their homes to eat. Let me just mention but a few here:
1. School Building:If only we can tell ourselves the truth, 2km away from the town has a different settings both in infrastructure and other social amenities. School buildings are dilapidated.
2. Dual Desk/Tables and Chairs: It is a known fact that our government are merely painting the schools in the urban while those in the rural are allowed to suffer. These important components of the classroom are either inadequate or spoiled or totally unavailable.
3. Chalks: As it stands today, schools are made to provide chalks for their teachers.
4. Registers, Dairy and Exercise books for note of lessons.
5. Textbooks and exercise books for the pupils.
6. Instructional materials

The list is endless. Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Food cannot take the place of textbooks.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Loves Ndigbo And Igbos Should Pay Him Back In 2019 - Orji Kalu Explodes / Actor Yul Edochie To Run For Presidency 2019 Election / Why Wahala Dey Always Find Dino Melaye?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.