Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,084 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' (1168 Views)

CBN Revokes The Licenses Of Afribank, Spring Bank And Bank PHB / Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? / GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' by igbogolo: 9:00pm On May 15, 2010
People,

I mistakenly overdrew my current account by 27 pounds and received a 60 pounds fine!

whats the best way to deal with lloyds bank on this issue?

Ideas anyone?
Re: Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' by Osama10(m): 9:08pm On May 15, 2010
Just pay the fine, there is nothing you can do about it.

You overdrew your account without having the facility.
Re: Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' by igbogolo: 9:21pm On May 15, 2010
Thanks Osama.

The issue is that i have a substantial amount in the same bank but in my saving and cash isa accounts. The other day that i oversubscribed my ISA, the bank moved the money from my ISA to my current account and sent me a letter informing me.

When I asked the bank why they would rather put me in debt so that they can charge me instead of taking their money from my savings or ISA, they told me that 'they dont do that'. when i provided the letter the bank sent to me when they moved my funds from the ISA, the woman kept mute.

LLoyds bank could have just loaned me my own money and charged me interest on top. thats fraud! My ISA with 3k pounds only yielded 23pounds in a year. meanwhile a 27 pounds overdraft( a mistake) yields 60 pounds in 3 days!

I was obviously a mistake and the bank knows it.
Re: Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' by Osama10(m): 9:27pm On May 15, 2010
Thats how it works here, at times when you see the charges coming up you go run mad.
Re: Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' by igbogolo: 9:36pm On May 15, 2010
I will transfer my salary account to another bank. I will just write them a nice letter, attach my cheque and close the account.
Re: Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' by presido1: 10:24am On May 16, 2010
If its the first time talk to them they will cancel the charge. It happened to me before.
Re: Lloyds Bank And 'unplanned Overdraft' by igbogolo: 1:07pm On May 16, 2010
thanks presido

i have called four times, been to the branch thrice and written twice. so far I have gotten silence from the bank
Last time i walked in, i met some guy sneering at me through the glass.
Lloyds tire me!

(1) (Reply)

Who We Are . . . / Obatala Banking / GEORGE SOROS PREDICTS GLOBAL ECONOMY DOOM-economists in the house, interpret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.