Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years (8240 Views)

Nono Okeke Wins Spotlight Award In Ireland - The Highest In Central Bank / Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 / Oil price rises as uncertainty over Nigeria elections, Venezuela tension mounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 20, 2018
missionmex:
the Nigerian youth will now have more welfare package to enjoy.

When have the youths ever benefited from any government policy before and now?
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by edisoncash: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2018
akelicious:
With the declining United States crude oil inventories, the price of oil thursday hit $74 per barrel, its highest in nearly four years as Saudi Arabia moved to push for a price rise of $80 -$100 per barrel.

Reuters reported that Brent crude futures reached $74.74 per barrel yesterday, the highest since November 27, 2014 while U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures were up 53 cents at $69.00. WTI had earlier hit $69.56, its highest since November 28, 2014.

It was exactly on November 27, 2013 that the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) decided to pump as much as it could to defend market share, an action that sent the price of oil to a low of $27 per barrel in February 2016.

With the drop in oil price to an all-time low, OPEC and other major producers including Russia started to withhold output in 2017 to rein in oversupply that had depressed prices since 2014.

The production-cutting pact between the OPEC, Russia and other producers has given strong tailwind to oil prices.
OPEC’s main objective for the cuts is to eliminate a global surplus in oil stocks and rebalance the market.

OPEC, together with Russia and a group of other producers, last November extended an output-cutting deal to cover all of 2018.
The current deal, under which OPEC and non-OPEC producers are cutting supply by about 1.8 million barrels per day, expires in March 2018.

OPEC and its partners will meet in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on April 20, 2018. The cartel will then meet on June 22, 2018 to review its oil production policy.

Reuters reported on Wednesday that top oil exporter Saudi Arabia would be happy for crude to reach $80 or even $100 a barrel, which was viewed as a sign that Riyadh will not seek changes to the supply pact.

Since the start of the supply cuts, crude inventories have declined gradually from record highs towards long-term average levels.
In the U.S., the Energy Information Administration (EIA) said on Wednesday that commercial crude stocks fell close to the five-year average of about 420 million barrels.

Also supporting prices is the possibility that the U.S might re-impose sanctions on Iran, OPEC’s third-largest producer, which could result in further supply reductions from the Middle East.

But some analysts saw limits to the bull market. After falling from an all-time high of $147 per barrel in July 2008, Brent crude price had hit a peak of $115 per barrel in June 2014 before the excess inventory in the oil market forced the price down to $27 per barrel in February 2016.

WTI also reached a peak of $105 per barrel in June 2014 before the sharp drop in oil prices.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/crude-oil-price-rises-to-74-highest-in.html
Inspite of this price of Oil Nigerian just gain now APC will still give excuses and blame PDP
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2018
TheCabal:

Lazy Nigerian youth.
I am not lazy.Even buhari knows.He is only referring to his Fulani brothers as being lazy.
Mind you,na election campaign,bribe for votes and to hire thugs and security agencies who will steal ballot boxes the proceeds from crude oil go go to
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by 1x2x3: 7:55am On Apr 20, 2018
Lie Mohammed will be like yes the price per barrel is $100 but you can see PDP mismanaged for 16 years so we can't do anything in 8 years.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by ondax1(m): 7:55am On Apr 20, 2018
Na for dem not populace
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by mrkunlex(m): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2018
Flexherbal:
Hope those in charge make a very good use of it.
that is what we are hoping for
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by deolu2000(m): 7:58am On Apr 20, 2018
APC, PMB N Osinbajo WILL STILL COMPLAIN. THEY ARE BORN TO DO THAT. Awon hard working worms.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Tambari1974(m): 8:00am On Apr 20, 2018
So the price of crude in 2013 was 27 naira, i just don't understand
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2018
comshots:
I am not lazy.Even buhari knows. He is only referring to his Fulani brothers.

Your not Lazy, and Buhari knows? grin

Don't you have something better to do in Facebook or Instagram ... isn't watchucallher or watchucallhim posting pics or giving out money to his fans.

I always wonder about Nigerian youth collecting money from the so called big boy or girl online.

Why don't you ask for jobs instead? undecided
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by tayebest(m): 8:03am On Apr 20, 2018
comshots:
We have crude oil in our backyard still we are living in'except politicians' penury.

I think this is what Buhari is talking about! All our mind is still in this "our oyel" mantra. it's not really about what Nigeria have for you, but what you have for Nigeria.

Read Buhari quote again and relate it to what you posted here. The man is indeed saying the truth!

“More than 60 percent of the population is below 30 (youth), a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education for free.” - Buhari

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by 0monnak0da: 8:04am On Apr 20, 2018
Flexherbal:
They have already spent it so they just have to pay the creditors.

Most of the oil in the ground has already been borrowed against

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by jericco1(m): 8:06am On Apr 20, 2018
somethinggood:
Barely 8 months to the end of this regime, crude oil is gradually bouncing back. Even the price of crude oil is against this government!
you're very funny.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2018
tayebest:

I think this is what Buhari is talking about! All our mind is still in this "our oyel" mantra. it's not really about what Nigeria have for you, but what you have for Nigeria.

Read Buhari quote again and relate it to what you posted here. The man is indeed saying the truth!

Don't I pay my taxes while the politicians,including you,steals everything?

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by missionmex(m): 8:07am On Apr 20, 2018
comshots:
When have the youths ever benefited from any government policy before and now?
irony my friend

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by seguno2: 8:13am On Apr 20, 2018
somethinggood:
Barely 8 months to the end of this regime, crude oil is gradually bouncing back. Even the price of crude oil is against this government!

Can it be because Buhari said that he does not know how to make money
No one, especially not money, likes hanging around a dullard.

nwakibie3:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said his major weakness lies in not knowing how to make money.

He also disclosed that he even borrowed money to build his three houses in Daura, Abuja and Kaduna.

The President made this known while speaking on his assets during an Interview with Sun Newspaper.

According to him, “When Murtala/Obasanjo regime came, they made sure that certain grades of public officers must declare their assets when they assumed that office and they must declare when they were leaving. So, when I was sworn in as governor of North East, I declared my assets.

“I declared surprisingly, even the number of my cows then. Even if they were supposed to be producing every year, but I declared them the time I was there. And when I was leaving governorship, I became petroleum minister.

“When I was leaving to go to War College, I declared my assets. I could recall General Jemibewon then, was the Adjutant-General of the Army. He rang me and said he was sending me asset declaration form, that I must fill it, sign it before I left for the United States. And I did.

“General Jemibewon is still alive. And when I became head of state eventually, I declared my assets again.

“So, if you people are serious and interested about political officers becoming multi-billionaires, you can find out from Murtala downwards. And those of us who were not very good in making money you should pity us.

“Everybody likes money but I am not very good at making money. Let me put it that way. I borrowed from the banks to build the house in Daura and the one in Abuja that you mentioned and the one in Kano. The bank then was Barclays, now Union Bank. Kaduna State or North Central then housing scheme and the Federal Mortgage Bank for the house I am in and AIB, which was, I think, terminated by Central Bank. So, when you go through the records, you find out that the houses I built, I borrowed from there.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/19/dont-know-make-money-buhari/
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Butterflyleo: 8:17am On Apr 20, 2018
tayebest:

You are very correct

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by tayebest(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2018
comshots:

My dear, face the quote and deal with it!
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 20, 2018
it's of no essence since the common man won't feel
the impact as a result of insatiable kleptos/greedy
ancestors in power!
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by josephubah111(m): 8:42am On Apr 20, 2018
per barrel
GaggleNSwallow:
I pray it rises to 100 dollars per litre so I'd know which excuse APC will come up with next for being a colossal failure.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by samuel900(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2018
GAIN ADMISSION INTO 200LEVEL UNIVERSITY OF YOUR CHOICE

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Jones4190(m): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2018
President Buhari is just too blunt....

Now let's look at these established findings;

1) Do you know that over 65 million youths are illiterates in Nigeria – UNESCO, 2017

2) Nigeria also leads in the world's uneducated children - Newsweek, 2017

Nigeria has 'largest number of children out-of-school' in the world - BBC, 2017

Fact check;
You can hate Buhari, but the truth is that he stated the obvious and again, what is already known around the world. You should understand by now that PMB is not like any typical politician and because of that, he says things the way they are. He is just honest to a fault. It may not be diplomatically okay considering the environment of such communication.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by supereagle(m): 8:59am On Apr 20, 2018
Our Government would not leverage on this to bring positive impact rather the gain will be used for 2019 election campaign. Easy ride to 2023 for APC.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 20, 2018
It isnt good news for the follwoing reasons.

1.We need oil at $140 per barrel,not at $74 . So, till we get there, we are going to keep taking loans. (GEJ critics...there is a reason why GEj took loans back then...oil prices were high but not that high).

2.Everyone will forget about diversification, and run back to oil like a man running back to his unfaithful ex.Truth is, we need to in the short term diversify into selling more commodities, and long term, go industrial.

3.Even if oil shoots up to $200 per barrel (we can hope! cheesy)...we still have to pay the debts we incurred when oil was less than $30 per barrel.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2018
comshots:

Taxes don't amount for a large part of government expenditure/budgets...oil revenues do.(That's why our budget is pegged to the oil price...because of that dependency.).

If govt was really dependent on your taxes, they won't be stealing....because by now they would be in serious trobule if they do. Since they rely on oil revenue and not on your tax...stealing becomes easier.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by sonofthunder: 9:24am On Apr 20, 2018
pictures of nnpc dancing...
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by Dwhyte(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2018
Dokubo and Tompolo dancing skelewu for d increment grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by donqx: 10:01am On Apr 20, 2018
oh
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2018
Niger Delta as a landmass is like a kid you refuse to empower but keep spending millions to bail out of jail.
This is how Africa was colonized and remain in poverty, ie because of the selfishness of blacks, these bastards called Avengers were fighting for a just cause - economic emancipation of their people - until they were made elites and just like our politicians, they move to the good part of town and join their oppressors in keeping their people down.

Quality20:
good enough money for all those lazy Nigerian youths Buhari was talking about. Asari Dokumbo , Tompolo Government, Avenger youths and other lazy youths will b very happy with this news. All they do is wake up take alcohol, do cult ,sleep with girls n check their accounts
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by 0monnak0da: 10:23am On Apr 20, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Taxes don't amount for a large part of government expenditure/budgets...oil revenues do.(That's why our budget is pegged to the oil price...because of that dependency.).

If govt was really dependent on your taxes, they won't be stealing....because by now they would be in serious trobule if they do. Since they rely on oil revenue and not on your tax...stealing becomes easier.

According to Babatnde Fowler FRS collected 4 trilion in 2017. I think the 2014 crash in oil prices changed the taxation behaviour

so Taxes now account for a "large" part of revenue unless he was lying

According to Fowler taxation accounts for more revenue than oil

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/256385-firs-recorded-n4-trillion-tax-revenue-collection-2017-fowler.html

“It is clear that taxation is the most sustainable of all government revenue sources,” Mr. Fowler said.

According to him, there has been sustained decline in global price of oil in second half of 2014, making the revenue generated from it to stand at N2.45 trillion.

He also said that in 2015, 2016 and 2017, the nation’s revenue from oil stood at N1.29 trillion, N1.16 trillion and N1.52, respectively.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by somehow: 10:49am On Apr 20, 2018
Simply be a fair judge if you want your life to be judged fairly. If oil price gets back to $100+ 6 months to the end of his tenure, are you to judge his 4yrs govt with that? Judge what he does within that 6 months with the rise and not all the 4yrs. Now that's fair judgement.
Zico5:
And with the rise in oil price Bubu still could not achieve anything. I wonder what he will use as campaign strategy. Down the south here it's surely finished for him. Many elites will never vote for sympathy or ineffectiveness. The cow rearing pigs up north are the major problem of this country. They could hardly differentiate between left and right and that is why Bubu will always be their god. How on earth could a sane person root for 75year old pig that knows nothing than chewing goro. Down south we shall try our best to remove him, may God bless us
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by InvertedHammer: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2018
GaggleNSwallow:
I pray it rises to 100 dollars per litre so I'd know which excuse APC will come up with next for being a colossal failure.

/
They will say that oil price and landing cost have increased. Therefore, pump price needs to be adjusted upward to reflect the current price.

Oh...and increase in subsidy payments to the looters.
/
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years by NairaMaster1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
Flexherbal:

They will still complain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trending Photos Of Restaurant In Lagos Allegedly Owned By Ghosts / How Do I Export Foodstuffs Abroad? / Gas Production Rises By 31% In Three Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.