Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

A Lot Of Nigerian Leaders Are Lazy! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Lot Of Nigerian Leaders Are Lazy! (305 Views)

Ugbaha Mohammed 'Dogo': Chief Cook Served 7 Past Nigerian Leaders, In Poverty / Killings: Three Reasons Northern Leaders Are Silent – Shehu Sani Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lot Of Nigerian Leaders Are Lazy! by TalkItAll: 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
I refuse to accept the statement by Buhari that Nigerian Youths are lazy as a statement of fact because it's not. Ever since the president made that statement, I have been thinking of how he arrived at that conclusion because for me, I sat down and cast my mind back to my growing up years just to find who amongst those around me back then was lazy, or didn't wanna go to school, or felt that Nigeria as an oil producing nation will provide him or her with freebies. I thought of all my classmates and all those other kids back then, and some, even though they didn't wanna go to school had to become apprentices in one trade or the other. And then, I also thought about those I've met along the way, growing up, and I still haven't seen anyone that fits the picture that the president painted right there at the Commonwealth meeting. And am still looking trying to find one and I still haven't. Now, I guess this is how we can easily know, by looking around us to see who really amongst the youths is waiting for the government to provide freebies for him/her and in essence fits this picture that the president is talking about.

Well, if you must know, the interesting thing I found is that the elites and all those who kill themselves to remain in the corridors of power are the ones that aptly fit the president's narrative, not the Nigerian youths that I know of and am part of. Because they (the elites and all those who kill themselves to remain in the corridors of power) are the ones who, because they know that Nigeria is an oil producing nation are lazy, want free medicals, don't wanna work but live larger than their means, a lot of them are illiterates but fabricate certificates to become leaders (and even one that's there right now at the top, has refused to show a certificate even if it's a forged one), they depend on and wait for the government for everything and want free stuff. Actually, the president is right but he didn't direct his words to the right class of people, he directed it to the wrong ones like he always does.

Now, the Nigerian youths are always striving to thrive with or without an enabling environment that the government should have ordinarily provided, we are very determined and willing to do all it takes to have a good life. Growing up, it never ever crossed my mind to just sit and expect the government to provide anything for me, even when it is their responsibility to provide the basics of life. I never thought that because Nigeria is an oil producing nation to sit back and wait on the government to provide healthcare, power, job, education, water, etc for me, of course, I'd have waited forever for it. And that is how every other youth that I know have lived in Nigeria. We even long to enjoy what other responsible governments provide for their citizens, like the basics of life.

If our lazy presidents/leaders and politicians who ride on our backs- the youths, use and at the same time abuse us, have done what they're supposed to do as leaders, Nigeria would have been a better place to live in. I have never seen a bunch of lazy leaders anywhere else in the world like we have in Nigeria. Leaders who have no business in governance are there at the helms of affairs, which is why we are where we are as a country. We all know that there are a bunch of lazy ass people all over the world, but that's not a problem that's peculiar to Nigeria alone, it's a global problem. Tell me, which of the western nation's youths will endure the harsh conditions that Nigeria's youths have to put up with? A country where we provide almost everything for ourselves besides the air we breathe. Yet, in the face of all these apparent difficult and harsh conditions, they're unperturbed and still grind! Why do we excel once we're outside the country? If Buhari wasn't lazy he would have provided just one thing - a state-of-the-art hospital that will treat him when he's sick (since that's his need), but no, he'll prefer to travel to the UK to get treatment from a ready-made-state-of-the-art hospital for his treatments. And this is what all these Nigeria's lazy ass leaders and their ilks do and he turns around to call the hard-working youths who made it possible for him to be there and to be able to pay for his medicals in the UK, lazy?! It's a shame! Let our lazy leaders provide the basics of life for the country, and see what becomes of Nigeria in 10 years. I'll never subscribe to that narrative that Nigeria's youths are lazy, NEVER! But rather, Nigerian leaders are the lazy ones! Because all they do is just sit and wait for the oil monies to come and share, which is why they keep recycling themselves in power. Where in the world would you see a governor wanting to become a senator after he leaves office or vice versa, or a minister wanting to become a governor even while still in service, or see politicians cross over from one political party to the next because his party lost power or relevance, as you have it in Nigeria? It is just appalling! And they have nothing to offer because they're lazy in thinking up ideas that will move the nation forward. #LazyNigerianLeaders, #NigerianLeadersAreLazy

Which president have you ever heard goes about talking bad of its youths like Buhari have done or does? Every time he goes outside Nigeria, that's when he finds his voice, but when he's back home, he's mute. When was the last time that Buhari ever engaged the youths of the country that he's their president? No media chats, no interviews, no relationship whatsoever with the youths that he has concluded to be lazy, at least to find ways to help them out of their 'laziness'. Now, if he wasn't lazy, he would have done that! And if he said that because of the Niger Delta youths, who are agitating for what's rightfully theirs to have, then I don't know what to say to him. Their environment is messed up, they pay the ultimate price for the whole nation and for you to be able to pay your medical bills in the Uk, and you're asking them to be quiet? Like I said, and I'll always say, Buhari was a mistake! I don't feel disappointed because I knew and still know that he's got nothing to offer (what can a lazy leader offer anyways?) and the earlier we realize this the better for us. And I say to every youth, crying and shouting, and just talking or writing about it, won't help us in any way. Go get your PVCs and do the right thing.

Nigerian leaders are the laziest set of leaders in the whole wide world who sit and do nothing but to share oil monies just because they know that Nigeria is an oil producing nation! #LazyNigerianLeaders, #NigerianLeadersAreLazy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Leaders Are Lazy! by asobo: 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
It still amaze me, if anybody by "mistake" should call Nigerian youths lazy it shouldn't be buhari. In time past we have seen past presidents serve as election observers and even some championing the democracy, agriculture, education and other thing. Ever since pmb left the helms of affair in the 90's what good has he contributed to this country before he emerge as the president, instead he was granting interview saying "the onslaught on BH was a fight against the north". The region were he comes from has the highest number of out of school children, what has he done in that effect? We had a leader in person of GEJ who as a father of th nation built school for the almajaris. I am pained, Nigerian youths never again should we be deceive. I always ask as question yes our politicians are corrupt but if only all our politicians can have 25% of what Atiku have invested in his state Adamawa in their various states, Nigeria would have become a paradise on earth. #GOGETYOURPVC
Re: A Lot Of Nigerian Leaders Are Lazy! by chymes0359(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
Lala abeg!
For the sake of not being lazy..
Take this to the land of milk and honey, to buttress may souls that has lost confidence in government..

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Soot Menace: APC Knocks Wike For Accusing Federal Government / President Okays Ambode’s Second Term, Support Land-use-charge, Launches Book In / Lasg Restricts Movement In Agege; See The Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.