Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,012 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? (1400 Views)

Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives / "Village People" Fact Or Myth? / Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? by daejavuu: 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
OK I just got posted recently to benue state and the few people I get to meet and acquaint myself with have negative things to say about MOST TIV people both male and female, as for the males, they are not trustworthy,unfaithful and egocentric while the females sleep around alot lazy and are also money conscious, and it is also being said that they are diabolical.
All these being said, I have personal experiences with a few persons from the said tribe and it was as I was told... I still don't Want to conclude.. Hence why I brought this here please if you're from the said tribe no offence, I just want to understand why it is so or why it's not and also what could be done to remedy this Mindset or belief about some set of Nigerians.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? by GavelSlam: 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2018
There are good and bad people everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? by Godwinfury(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
And what about the Idomas?
Re: The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? by daejavuu: 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
GavelSlam:
I know Their own is just too much... Almost everyone is just negative I have not met one person with a positive statement yet.
Re: The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? by daejavuu: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2018
Re: The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
GavelSlam:
you just say it all. the problem with the op is that since he has the negative thoughts and perspectives about tiv people, he will always see them has been wicked. personally I have met a lot of tiv people both guys and ladies that are nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? by GavelSlam: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Oma307:

you just say it all. the problem with the op is that since he has the negative thoughts and perspectives about tiv people, he will always see them has been wicked. personally I have met a lot of tiv people both guys and ladies that are nice

Don't mind him.

He's trying to draw people into a mudslinging fest.

If people were to describe him, how many would call him a good person.

Re: The TIV Tribe In Benue State. A Fact Or Misunderstood? by daejavuu: 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

Don't mind him.

He's trying to draw people into a mudslinging fest.

If people were to describe him, how many would call him a good person.

Quite the opposite

(1) (Reply)

Where Are Ijesha's / Arrested Ghana Man Turns Out To Be Nigerian National / Information Needed On Nze na Ozo Title-Taking Ceremonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.