Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,184 members, 7,957,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Nwankwo Kanu And Alex Iwobi React To Retirement Announcement By Arsene Wenger - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nwankwo Kanu And Alex Iwobi React To Retirement Announcement By Arsene Wenger (594 Views)

Cute Video Of Nwankwo Kanu, His Wife & Daughter / Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President Of Nigeria / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwankwo Kanu And Alex Iwobi React To Retirement Announcement By Arsene Wenger by newsynews: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
Nigerian football legend, Nwankwo Kanu and current Super Eagles player, Alex Iwobi have both reacted to the retirement announcement by Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger.

The French man announced that he will be retiring as manager of the London side at the end of the season. He said,

“After careful consideration and following discussions with the club, I feel it is the right time for me to step down at the end of the season.

“I am grateful for having had the privilege to serve the club for so many memorable years.

“I managed the club with full commitment and integrity.

“I want to thank the staff, the players, the Directors and the fans who make this club so special.

“I urge our fans to stand behind the team to finish on a high.

“To all the Arsenal lovers take care of the values of the club.

“My love and support for ever.”

Reacting to the news, former Arsenal player, Nwankwo Kanu appreciated Arsene Wenger by tweeting that he had the best period of his career playing under him at Arsenal.

”Big shoes for anyone to fill,playing for Arsenal under Arsene was one of the best period of my career, 2 premiership, 2 FA cups, The invincibles, playing with some of the best assembled players,influencing millions of fans in Africa to support this great club”.

Nwankwo Kanu and Alex Iwobi react to retirement announcement by Arsene Wenger

Alex Iwobi who currently plays under the manager also appreciated Arsene Wenger for giving him the opportunity to grow as a football and as a person. He tweeted:

”For Everything You’ve Done For Arsenal Football Club, For Trusting Me As A Teenager, For Giving Me The Opportunity To Express Myself And Grow Both As A Footballer And As A Person, I Will Forever Be Grateful To You Boss. Thank You So Much!”.

https://www.wotzup.ng/nwankwo-kanu-alex-iwobi-arsene-wenger-retirement/

Re: Nwankwo Kanu And Alex Iwobi React To Retirement Announcement By Arsene Wenger by newsynews: 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
lalasticlala more

Re: Nwankwo Kanu And Alex Iwobi React To Retirement Announcement By Arsene Wenger by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thank you Wenger, I don't know why it took you so long.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu And Alex Iwobi React To Retirement Announcement By Arsene Wenger by Pierohandsome: 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
So touching

Crying with my family right now

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Release Slogan For Russia 2018 Teams / Today's Live Match; Full Detail Italy Vs Neitherland / Sports Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.