Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,184 members, 7,957,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? (20860 Views)

Arsene Wenger Returns As FIFA's Chief Of Global Football Development / Wenger Predicts What Will Happen To Thierry Henry At Monaco / Throwback Video: Arsene Wenger Takes Over At Arsenal Sept 1996 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by Okoyeifeanyi95(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
thesicilian:
Brendan Rogers is the best candidate.
He is patient, coordinated, builds his team steadily, builds his players. He won the treble with Celtic in his first season, and is almost on course to do it back to back this season. Rogers is not like Mourinho that would come and leave within 3yrs, he's a long term deal.
We all saw how long he stayed at Liverpool and swansea
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by alfredilly: 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2018
The person suggested as potential replacement by Arsenal Wenger himself is Giovanni van Bronckorst and he is not on your list.He was an Arsenal player, one of the last to taste a premier league. His coaching pedigree as a young manager will convince the worst skeptic. He took feyenoord from the league bottom to winning the eredivisie title in his second year in charge after a cup title in his first. Stop focusing on the big names.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by osazsky(m): 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
pls we arsenal fans can give him a chance he won d champions league,either di Matteo ,rafeal benitez or big Sam but I would prefer big Sam for the first season to stabilize d team and prevent us relegating den next season gbam we get di Matteo to give us d champions league den get renieri gbam
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by osazsky(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
alfredilly:
The person suggested as potential replacement by Arsenal Wenger himself is Giovanni van Bronckorst and he is not on your list.He was an Arsenal player, one of the last to taste a premier league. His coaching pedigree as a young manager will convince the worst skeptic. He took feyenoord from the league bottom to winning the eredivisie title in his second year in charge after a cup title in his first. Stop focusing on the big names.
just d way Alex f suggested Moyes, arsenal making same mistake,since Alex left man u has not won any trophy apart from d 10m Europa cup and 4m FA cup and a free plate that his given to charity, I sorry for una,u people shld better go and collect past question papers from man u o
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by thesicilian: 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
Okoyeifeanyi95:

We all saw how long he stayed at Liverpool and swansea
Check his records in both places, he did very well and set the tone for what you see today.
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by MrFly(m): 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
Anceloti or Tuchel.. Sarri is a decent option!
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by franchuks(m): 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
I am keen to have Joachim Loew. All the best to my darling Arsenal and may be the best coach be selected.
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by Nedfed(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
seunny4lif:
Jesus ooolloh
Wenger is gone grin
Keep quite
Do dey tell u he's late?

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by steveDpro: 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2018
don't mind him
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by Sholexyz(m): 11:17pm On Apr 20, 2018
sprints1:
a good manager but doesn't know the right tactics to employ in a match...arsenal should beware
Allegri is very good n knows his tactics...example against Spurs in Wembley n against Madrid in d 2nd leg.... Won it all In juventus except for UCL
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by 2kris(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
Yusfunoble:
Joachim Low
God bless you richly sir
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by sprints1: 12:30am On Apr 21, 2018
Sholexyz:

Allegri is very good n knows his tactics...example against Spurs in Wembley n against Madrid in d 2nd leg.... Won it all In juventus except for UCL
He actually made a mess in that game same he did against Madrid started with 3 at the back and bonnucci was caught out of position several times with aging barzagli and Chiellini couldnt keep up with the pace of ronaldo and Isco same with spurs could not keep up with the pace of son until he brought two new full backs who eventually won the game... allegri makes a lot of mistakes
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by tonytunes(m): 1:54am On Apr 21, 2018
joachim leow
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by Realhommie(m): 8:11am On Apr 21, 2018
chloride6:
The best man for the job is already at Liverpool

Exactly... I had mooted this bout 4 years ago while he was still at Dortmund. His Dortmund team was set up just like Arsenal's that you could mistake one for the other. He's perfect for the job but unfortunately Wenger waited too long to resign.

Moving forward I think I'll prefer Leonardo Jardim of As Monaco, excellent manager with loads of experience. Football philosophy well suited to that of Arsenal, believes in youth and building a solid team as well. Second pick would be Joachim Loew, that's if he's available..

I'm so looking forward to and anticipating the future at Arsenal.
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by Realhommie(m): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2018
sprints1:
LEONARDO JARDIM: Very Young Manager, Tactically - Inclined And His Football Philosophy Is Similar To Arsene Wenger, Loves Developing Young Players, The Likes of Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Carrasco, Bakayoko Became Established Players Under is Football Guidance..His Simple Approach To Football Has Allowed Several Players To Become Transfer Targets Across The World
POV: He Should Arsenal's Number One Target ( Top Priority) Owing To The Fact He Won The Ligue 1 With The Low Budget He Had And His Past Experiences Shows He is Top Class
MAURIZIO SARRI: A Conservative Football Manager, Who Tactics Has Been Compared To Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp' Style, He Has No Interest In Transfer Window, An Avid Smoker Of Cigarette And A No Nonsense Manager, His Approach Is Undoubtedly The Best To Watch In The Serie A, He Concentrates On The Possession Aspect Of The Game..He is Manager That Would Bring The Best Out Any Player That Suit His Style..The Likes Of Mertens, Callejon, Insigne Has Become The Brightest Talents In Football Under Him..
POV: A Cheap Manager,Would Bring Lots of Fimaces To Arsenal Football Club..He Should Be Second On Arsenal' Priority List..His Style Is Fascinating To Watch..
Your thoughts on Jardim is same as mine, like i saw ur post before i made mine. I admire him a lot.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by anuoluwapo884(m): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2018
Yusfunoble:
Joachim Low

He can’t leave Germany but believe me I would love him to take over
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by mclorenzo(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2018
Max Allegri is the man for the job.
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by seunny4lif(m): 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
grin grin
Nedfed:

Keep quite
Do dey tell u he's late?
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by sprints1: 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
Realhommie:
Your thoughts on Jardim is same as mine, like i saw ur post before i made mine. I admire him a lot.
not an arsenal fan though but would like him to join a club in the EPL... though he reminds me of pellegrini the way he set up his Monaco side last season..that's why I like him a lot

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by nonye6194: 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
thesicilian:
Brendan Rogers is the best candidate.
He is patient, coordinated, builds his team steadily, builds his players. He won the treble with Celtic in his first season, and is almost on course to do it back to back this season. Rogers is not like Mourinho that would come and leave within 3yrs, he's a long term deal.

Celtic is like the Bayern Munich of Scottish league. they're sure of clinching a trophy at the end of every season, with or without a head coach. Nevertheless, Rogers should be given respect for his extra effort in the team to achieve a treble and another loading. But I don't believe Rogers is the man for the Emirates job giving the club's football type of play.

I'll choose Luis Enrique to maintain the style of play while improving the locker room or Massamomilano Allegri for the job.
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by ogbiwa: 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
Greenpage:
Rafa Benitez should be the perfect replacement for Wenger.

This was my first and still my preferred choice. I have no idea why he hasn't been mentioned more. Proven premier league manager, he's currently the most experienced manager in the premier league of all the managers there now, only second to Wenger. The guy has also won a champions league with Liverpool and taken them to another final, most importantly look what he's doing at Newcastle with the limited budget they have. It's a no brainer really
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by ogbiwa: 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
nonye6194:

Celtic is like the Bayern Munich of Scottish league. they're sure of clinching a trophy at the end of every season, with or without a head coach. Nevertheless, Rogers should be given respect for his extra effort in the team to achieve a treble and another loading. But I don't believe Rogers is the man for the Emirates job giving the club's football type of play.

I'll choose Luis Enrique to maintain the style of play while improving the locker room or Massamomilano Allegri for the job.

Since you're speaking about style of play then you shouldn't mention Allegri as he's actually the exact opposite of how Wenger and Arsenal like to play.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by nonye6194: 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
ogbiwa:

Since you're speaking about style of play then you shouldn't mention Allegri as he's actually the exact opposite of how Wenger and Arsenal like to play.

Read in between the line. I mentioned only Enrique when I mentioned for a substitute of manager to maintain arsenal's style of play. I mentioned Massamomilano later on without stating style of play. we all know his tactics I. AC Milan and currently at the old lady isn't Arsenal typa thing
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by BravoDe: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
LesbianBoy:
Meanwhile...

Who wants to bet, Arsenal will struggle the way Man United struggled after Sir ferguson left grin grin
Hwfar haters
Re: Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? by henrixx(m): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
BravoDe:

Hwfar haters
leave them na. grin

We still better pas them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man City Ends Chelsea Unbeaten Starts In Impressive Display. / Man City Champions League Ban Lifted Q&A: What It Means For Pep And Their Rivals / Malmo Vs Chelsea - UCL - 0 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.