Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

When Your Dreams Are Bigger Than Orgasm! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Your Dreams Are Bigger Than Orgasm! (658 Views)

So, What Dreams Are You Chasing? / Buhari Cut Huge Soap Bigger Than Obi Cubano For Hopeless Unemployed Graduates / Your Dreams Are Valid Your Excuses Are Not . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Your Dreams Are Bigger Than Orgasm! by coolwas(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
After a brief stop over at the ministry of commerce on Monday morning, I headed to a company I had worked for some years ago.

That was my first time of visiting the company years after my resignation. This time, I was there to assist with CV review/interview.

We reviewed the CV and cover letters of 30 applicants and only 5 were selected.
Reason why the others were tossed into the bin? Your guess is as good as mine.

It wasn’t about spelling errors or wrong use of tenses. That could be pardoned.

It was the consistent use of abbreviations. It was damn too much, I felt ashamed for the applicants.

One of the selected five, a young man of 29, stood out completely in regards to experience and expertise according to the records on his CV.

So we placed a call across to this gentleman and that was how he lost the job.

A female voice answered his call, and the lady(my colleague) on the interview panel responded… “good afternoon, my name is *******, I’m calling to speak with ##### in respect to his job application at $$$$$, can you please put him on the phone for a quick interview?”

Read more! http://entrylevel.com.ng/dreams-bigger-orgasm/
Re: When Your Dreams Are Bigger Than Orgasm! by thesicilian: 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
You should have given him another chance. Why punish him for the sins of someone else who could easily have been just a girlfriend? I might have called again another time to hear from him personally. Alternatively you the man could have spoken up to allay the ''girlfriend's" fears and make her pass the phone over to the candidate.
Personal Experience: I once had an applicant submit his CV 3 times via email, it didn't open for one reason or the other, until he copied the CV and sent as an email like that. At the end he turned out to be the only employable candidate of the over 120 CVs received and 12 interviewed. I believe strongly in giving everyone a fair hearing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

NIFIMES Microfinance Bank Ltd LOANS / Signal Alliance Latest Recruitment (2 Positions) / Tizeti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.