Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (581133 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by BabaRamota1980: 12:56am On Apr 26, 2018
Purehuman:
Should we build our own rail system and forget about the federal government or will stick to the federal government plan but push for its implementation.

The rail system passes through two cities in each state in igboland except Ebonyi and Enugu.

What are your opinions about this?

Go ahead and tell FG to hands off 2nd Niger bridge, then organize home grown resources to bring it to fruition. This will demonstrate your capability for self-sufficiency, expanded to future infrastructural civil projects like rail networks.

I thought you guys are congregated to iron out practicable and defining inputs. Instead im seeing infatuations.
Re: . by horsepower101: 1:04am On Apr 26, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Dude,
Elevator manufacturers will refuse to supply and install the product ifvthey knew you have intention to use solar power to move the cars up and down the heights.

There are things you power solar with, elevator is not one of them.

God forbid power fail and you want take solar power operate the machine. You and the elevator manufacturers go end up in lawsuits for trapping people and causing them to suffocate to death.

Before I respond, I will give you another chance to go and re-read what I wrote.

2 Likes

Re: . by BabaRamota1980: 2:25am On Apr 26, 2018
horsepower101:

Before I respond, I will give you another chance to go and re-read what I wrote.

I do not doubt your idea is a good one. In a skyscraper, whether residential or business space, two facilities are in constant and high demand - plumbing and elevator cars, heavy in certain hours than in others, but nonetheless in constant use.

Air ventilation is always on but not demanded...which means it has two states, ON/OFF.

Running water is a demand service, and so is elevator. The car does not wait to get full before moving. It can even run empty. Someone on 20th push for 1st floor. The idle car on 10th floor shuts door and move 10 floors up to pick and run just 1 occupant down 19 floors.

Such a system will require more than renewable energy from sun to function safely. A diesel engine is a solution for backup power.

But i guess to go back to your point, such a community as you envision must necessarily have three "independent" power sources.

Primary - Commercial grid
Failover 1- Renewable energy
Failover Auxiliary - Carbon energy

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I do not doubt your idea is a good one. In a skyscraper, whether residential or business space, two facilities are in constant and high demand - plumbing and elevator cars, heavy in certain hours than in others, but nonetheless in constant use.

Air ventilation is always on but not demanded...which means it has two states, ON/OFF.

Running water is a demand service, and so is elevator. The car does not wait to get full before moving. It can even run empty. Someone on 20th push for 1st floor. The idle car on 10th floor shuts door and move 10 floors up to pick and run just 1 occupant down 19 floors.

Such a system will require more than renewable energy from sun to function safely. A diesel engine is a solution for backup power.

But i guess to go back to your point, such a community as you envision must necessarily have three "independent" power sources.

Good points. I totally agree.

1 Like

Re: . by achi4uu: 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
rafindo:

I have always said it that paper analysis will not help us in developing nigeria but aggressive sacrifice must be made inorder to achieve a substainable goal.

I have refused to take part in discuss because i know we are going to hit the rock soon with the usual troll coming to feed as usual.

I have been meeting with some stakeholders on how we can set a massive trend that is capable of revolutionizing the nigeria space.
The proposal is to estabilish the first community or fan owned football club in nigeria.i am talking with some people about the idea which requries 10,000 football ethnuaist to sign in.

We are trying to use awka or onitsha has a case study since the both town or city has the case maybe has no professional club or stadium.That why i have refused to comment on the governors performance because i abhor mediocrity.

Can you send me your email for the proposal or better still ,contact at secarto7@gmail.com
Big brother here is my email ifems23@gmail.com.

Remain bless
Re: . by spyder880(m): 4:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
horsepower101:

So many good ideas. When I have time, I will go through this thread to compile summaries of all the good points raised.

This is the essence of this thread, we should periodically collate all valuable suggestions point by point and place in a summarized post by each weekend. This will form the products of the intelligent efforts we make here.

You people are simply too much. Keep them coming.

1 Like

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
There are people that are not stopping at just comments here. I know some people go a long in bringing the right development in the region. Some of them comment here sometimes but they do a lot offline and other platforms.

8 Likes

Re: . by InvertedHammer: 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

/
So many things that could be done in Nigeria. But power challenges always form outliers.
Electricity is the backbone of infrastructural and technological development. But when you leave both at the
mercy of people who care less, what we get is a country that is stuck in 18th century.
Power generation is a large chunk of business overhead in Nigeria. Any plan that does not address the power
issues first is dead on arrival. Generators cannot and will not lead Nigeria to el Dorado.

One thing is certain--if you build, they must come. Just 8 years of Chime in Enugu, and continuity by the current
State government has changed the landscape of Enugu from a sleepy urban center to a modern city. I checked
on many people I know that lived comfortably up North, most of them are now residents in Enugu and enjoying it. What more can one
ask?

/

4 Likes

Re: . by BabaRamota1980: 3:14am On Apr 28, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
So many things that could be done in Nigeria. But power challenges always form outliers.
Electricity REVOLUTION is the backbone of infrastructural and technological development. . But when you leave both at the
mercy of people who care less, what we get is a country that is stuck in 18th century.
Power generation is a large chunk of business overhead in Nigeria. Any plan that does not address the power
issues first is dead on arrival. Generators cannot and will not lead Nigeria to el Dorado.

One thing is certain--if you build, they must come. Just 8 years of Chime in Enugu, and continuity by the current
State government has changed the landscape of Enugu from a sleepy urban center to a modern city. I checked
on many people I know that lived comfortably up North, most of them are now residents in Enugu and enjoying it. What more can one
ask?

/

Every developed society today came out of ruins of dictatorship, social neglect and deep corruption....or global competition and war. In peaceful time or war, deliberate cleansing becomes the turning point for renewal and upliftment.

We need a revolution!

1 Like

Re: . by InvertedHammer: 4:29am On Apr 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Every developed society today came out of ruins of dictatorship, social neglect and deep corruption....or global competition and war. In peaceful time or war, deliberate cleansing becomes the turning point for renewal and upliftment.

We need a revolution!

/
Does Nigeria look like a place where there will ever be revolution? Not in a thousand years. Suffering and Smiling is preferable.

Everyone else is waiting for someone else to lead the revolution. Social mobilizers like Kanu and Charley Boy were easily betrayed.
/

8 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:33am On Apr 28, 2018
The state of federal road repairs in some of our roads......

2 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:23am On Apr 28, 2018
Cooly100:

The first thing that comes to my mind is electricity...(to power the elevators)...then we can have high rises, as land will become an issue in future. We need land for agriculture and other things.

Imagine how clean and tidy these our neighbourhoods will look with just a few high rise as against these multiple buildings.

2 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2018
I still greatly respect, our entrepreneurs who have been bridging the gap between our housing needs and the supply of available houses by private endeavour, without any loans or government support.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
spyder880:
I still greatly respect, our entrepreneurs who have been bridging the gap between our housing needs and the supply of available houses by private endeavour, without any loans or government support.
In our circumstance, it makes every sense to build at least 4 - 5 storey building to provide decent commercial accommodation in a land tight area. Without these buildings, the type of slums in the SE will be unimaginable. Government should do their role to make sure solid access roads and trees are planted in these areas. Also removal of all illegal shacks not part of any build must continue to prevent slumming of the environment by street traders.

For Water supply in high density neighborhoods, the idea of neighborhood or street by street boreholes system can be used to ensure adequate water is available in the area. Let landlords and tenants in each street or neighborhood come together and since a community borehole and then pipe water from a big steel overhead tank to all the houses in the area or in the street. The people will pay little water bill which is used to maintain the area and employ somebody that ensures water is never empty in the overhead tank.

I agree electricity should be seriously thought about. I have seen many families often buy a small solar panel unit enough to carry water pumping machine and one freezer, one ceiling fan and a few bulbs. It is a good start. At least people's food will not be going bad when there is prolonged power failure and fuel scarcity. We need to source better solar panels that can comfortably carry every home appliance. It is there in the market and needs to have professionals install them. Just as GSM revolutionized telephone in Nigeria, Roof-top Solar panels will be the game changer for the lives of an average Nigeria to provide uninterrupted power supply.

6 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
spyder880:

God truely should bless them. Even though it might be a business venture to them, they are fulfilling a very important need in igboland.

Nigeria has a shortage of 17 million housing units.

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
Cjrane2:

In our circumstance, it makes every sense to build at least 4 - 5 storey building to provide decent commercial accommodation in a land tight area. Without these buildings, the type of slums in the SE will be unimaginable. Government should do their role to make sure solid access roads and trees are planted in these areas. Also removal of all illegal shacks not part of any build must continue to prevent slumming of the environment by street traders.

For Water supply in high density neighborhoods, the idea of neighborhood or street by street boreholes system can be used to ensure adequate water is available in the area. Let landlords and tenants in each street or neighborhood come together and since a community borehole and then pipe water from a big steel overhead tank to all the houses in the area or in the street. The people will pay little water bill which is used to maintain the area and employ somebody that ensures water is never empty in the overhead tank.

I agree electricity should be seriously thought about. I have seen many families often buy a small solar panel unit enough to carry water pumping machine and one freezer, one ceiling fan and a few bulbs. It is a good start. At least people's food will not be going bad when there is prolonged power failure and fuel scarcity. We need to source better solar panels that can comfortably carry every home appliance. It is there in the market and needs to have professionals install them. Just as GSM revolutionized telephone in Nigeria, Roof-top Solar panels will be the game changer for the lives of an average Nigeria to provide uninterrupted power supply.

Well said !!!
You made a very important point which is something a lot of us take for granted. These buildings eliminate the the formation of slums or illegal settlements in igboland.

2 Likes

Re: . by Cjrane2: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hopefully soon, we can have bright minds figure how to make billions of naira through manufacturing or importing high quality solar panels to make them a standard installation in each home. We also nned battery manufacturers in the country to stop focusing on only car batteries and begin manufacturing some heavy duty batteries for homes Solar Electricity.

Just as we now have boreholes as standard installation for water supply and GSM are standard for telephones.
Depending on government to provide power is like waiting on NITEL to provide functional telephones.

3 Likes

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Cjrane2:
Hopefully soon, we can have bright minds figure how to make billions of naira through manufacturing or importing high quality solar panels to make them a standard installation in each home. We also nned battery manufacturers in the country to stop focusing on only car batteries and begin manufacturing some heavy duty batteries for homes Solar Electricity.

Just as we now have boreholes as standard installation for water supply and GSM are standard for telephones.
Depending on government to provide power is like waiting on NITEL to provide functional telephones.
Creating hybrid and affordable solar power technologies is the next oil windfall awaiting Nigeria and Igbos in particular.This should also be preceded by including its production,maintenance and further research in the curriculum of Electrical Engineering departments in our tertiary institutions.That is if it is not already being done? I recall my friends in school then offer a course called "Power Systems" which seeks to develop alternate power sources aside hydro.
Now,the all year round availability of sunlight in our clime is the first big bang. It is by far the cleanest electrical technology. Solar technology will give rise to a new self sustaining sub-sector. The market prospects are infinite if well developed and its prices subjected to market forces. It will also help conserve our gas resources for present and future industrial uses. I wish half of the looted resources pumped into the dead NEPA and multiple gas channels can be utilized for solar development. Unfortunately,the corridors of power in Nigeria is not known to delve into any venture that demands critical thinking and application of superior intellect,especially one that will give leverage to the progressive section of the country.Ya diba!

4 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
@ Cjrane2 and handsomegod, really good points. It's has gotten to a point that solar is now the only viable option. The solar economy is growing and ndigbo need to tap into it now.

Smart Igbo businessmen can start by importing parts now, then later manufacture components locally when there is a stronger market for it. This is a future money maker that I don't want our people to ignore.

3 Likes

Re: . by BabaRamota1980: 2:22am On Apr 29, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Does Nigeria look like a place where there will ever be revolution? Not in a thousand years. Suffering and Smiling is preferable.

Everyone else is waiting for someone else to lead the revolution. Social mobilizers like Kanu and Charley Boy were easily betrayed.
/

Kanu was unfit to lead IPOB. That was one of the mistakes you Igbos made. Fela was an outspoken and rebel person and lashed at military and civilian governments alike but you never hear him trying to lead anyone. Soyinka had always been a rebel but never took position to lead anyone. Fawehinmi used law to do battle with Nigeria but knew his limits.

There are certain things Nigeria is not conducive for....that is championing a cause you dont thoroughly understand, or one you have not mastered to bend and influence effectively.

Kanu was intoxicated. As far as throwing Charly Boy's name here, you are a clown.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: . by Xander85: 3:31am On Apr 29, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Kanu was unfit to lead IPOB. That was one of the mistakes you Igbos made. Fela was an outspoken and rebel person and lashed at military and civilian governments alike but you never hear him trying to lead anyone. Soyinka had always been a rebel but never took position to lead anyone. Fawehinmi used law to do battle with Nigeria but knew his limits.

There are certain things Nigeria is not conducive for....that is championing a cause you dont thoroughly understand, or one you have not mastered to bend and influence effectively.

Kanu was intoxicated. As far as throwing Charly Boy's name here, you are a clown.

You're rambling mate!

Fact of the matter is that the 'owners of Nigeria' were not threatened by all the Yoruba guys you mentioned there because, as you stated, there were limits they were either scared to go beyond or just didn't have the capacity for! Their own 'agitation' started and ended at making mouth, or erroneously thinking that they could get some form of justice from the rigged Nigerian judicial set-up in order to set their people free! The owners of Nigeria looked on in amusement, safe in the knowledge that these guys can only make mouth! And when it looked like they were starting to get a bit too big for their boots, the Oligarchs then conspired to teach them a bitter lesson by using the same rigged judicial system to lock them up! Fela and Fawehinmi know what i'm on about.

You talk of Nigeria not being 'conducive' for certain things. That's the talk of a lily-livered, yellow-bellied coward! If Britain had waited for a 'conducive' moment would they have been able to repel Hitlers advance at Dunkirk? If South Africans had waited for a 'conducive' moment would they have been able to defeat apartheid? If Barack Obama had waited for a 'conducive' moment would he ever have been president of the US? You see Nigeria with all its purported potentials still groping in the dark (and on the verge of imminent collapse) while countries and city states we were better than in the 60s are forging ahead and breaking into the exclusive 1st world club...you see all this, and you think we can still afford a couple more decades to faff about because Nigeria is not yet 'conducive' to be asked a few hard questions. Just when will the situation be 'conducive'...is it when the 'owners of Nigeria' say so?

Even if Jesus Christ were to come down from heaven and champion the cause for either structural change or dissolution of Nigeria as we know it, something tells me that guys like you will walk up to him and say, "hang on a minute...just what do you think you're playing at mister....better mind your bizness and go back to heaven as Nigeria is not yet 'conducive' for all this your radical ideas"! Sacrilegious i know, but i've come to expect such from you lot!

I tire for una!

12 Likes

Re: . by InvertedHammer: 4:45am On Apr 29, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You enumerated your real heroes: Fela, Soyinka, Gani. What was the end result? Only a f00l does the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Fela, Gani and Soyinka went to a gun fight with words and songs. And like they say, action speaks louder than voice.
So for lack of the brain to understand what's at play, you are the m0r0n. All the big words you champion are yet to curtail the menace of herdsmen and Boko Haram. Then again I remember...talk is cheap. Nigeria would have been a heaven on earth if articles, songs and big grammar are all that would be needed to fix it.

\

9 Likes

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 7:43am On Apr 29, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Ana akogheri! Complete trashy and useless statements everywhere! Kanu was unfit to lead IPOB but under his leadership, IPOB became a global freedom movement. Infact,the first of its kind in human history. In another 24 hours, IPOB will be protesting against the dullard in Washington. Same is being replicated in all national capitals all over the world on record real time. Who in the history of this evil zoo has ever created such impact and tightly knitted organisation holding massive rallies with millions in attendance simultaneously? All logistics sorted and not a single casualty in tow?! While Kanu held sway,your air headed caliphate and their accomplices shitted in their pants. The liberation of the Igbos is their biggest fear. I don't wanna bore you with the details sir. The evidence are all over the place. Unfortunately,in trying to destroy a subset,they ended up damaging the entire Nation and that clearly showed how self-destructive the zoo jungle leaders are since 1970 . In your own words,Kanu was unfit to lead IPOB but Buhari,a known disaster with no shred of skills and a complete relic stuck in 12th century is enough to lead you and your fellow dregs into the 21st century?? Tell me something! In three years,see where your hero led Nigeria to! I take nothing away from Fela,Soyinka and Gani,who by the way are some of the Yoruba men in admire and study their lives but Yoruba existential realities differ sharply from that of Igbos in Nigeria. You guys face baby demons while we have been battling with Lucifer and his generals since 1945 till date. While Kanu held sway,numerous middle belt grips and south south liberation groups sprouted and started talking tough about restructuring and liberation. Restructuring even became a by-word in the corridors of power as a means to assuage the calls secession! Heck,even Yoruba's had their own flippant and diversionary convergence called "Ibadan Declaration" which also died the moment Kanu was assassinated. Now,who is the real leader here? The man who created the objective condition for all these to happen and still happening or those given to mere talks? Kanu matched his words with actions,paid the supreme price and it outlived him. Today,IPOB is still global both home and abroad and will ultimately be the end of this zoo! The zoo leaders know that already. This thread was not about Kanu and his ideas and you can see we avoided it all through .But you needed to be clarified a bit. Above all,this thread was meant for Igbos to discuss and I wonder why you lots cannot respect such boundaries even if in virtual space.

12 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 29, 2018
Welldone Spyder! But I think you need to moderate this thread well. They are so many frustrated IPOB members here who have come to use this place to vent their anger. The purpose of this thread is Igbo unity towards forging a rational political and economic front. IPOB member are so emotionally attached to Nnamdi Kanu that they won't mind berating our leaders and insulting anyone against their thoughts. This should not be allowed in this place. The Igbo interest is obviously more bigger than any attachment to Nnamdi Kanu and his followers. And issues we should be discussing in this thread are issues that can push us back to national reckoning.
1. Igbo unity
2. Igbo economic growth
3. Igbo cohesion among brothers from the 10 Igbo domiciled states. (5 South east states, Delta, Rivers and others)
4. Igbo presidency
5. Igbo interest in the 2019 election and beyond.
6. Igbo infrastructural development
7. Key infrastructure i.e. Seaport project
8. Igbo culture and tourism
9. Igbo educational advancement
10. Igbo in diaspora
11. Igbo entrepreneurship and ICT growth
12. Igbo language development
13. Igbo music and films
14. Igbo relationship and handshake with other ethnicities.

These are key issues we should be discussing here. Thanks.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: . by Xander85: 11:14am On Apr 29, 2018
Chiwude:
Welldone Spyder! But I think you need to moderate this thread well. They are so many frustrated IPOB members here who have come to use this place to vent their anger. The purpose of this thread is Igbo unity towards forging a rational political and economic front. IPOB member are so emotionally attached to Nnamdi Kanu that they won't mind berating our leaders and insulting anyone against their thoughts. This should not be allowed in this place. The Igbo interest is obviously more bigger than any attachment to Nnamdi Kanu and his followers. And issues we should be discussing in this thread are issues that can push us back to national reckoning.
1. Igbo unity
2. Igbo economic growth
3. Igbo cohesion among brothers from the 10 Igbo domiciled states. (5 South east states, Delta, Rivers and others)
4. Igbo presidency
5. Igbo interest in the 2019 election and beyond.
6. Igbo infrastructural development
7. Key infrastructure i.e. Seaport project
8. Igbo culture and tourism
9. Igbo educational advancement
10. Igbo in diaspora
11. Igbo entrepreneurship and ICT growth
12. Igbo language development
13. Igbo music and films
14. Igbo relationship and handshake with other ethnicities.

These are key issues we should be discussing here. Thanks.

You're talking nonsense! Maybe this is even an alternate moniker for one of those Igbo-hating mischief makers...or else why would you leave the fool that started the argument on this thread (by thinking he can insult Mazi Kanu and by extension all those murdered by the bigot-in-chief) but instead turn to face those responding to his madness?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
Continuation of the series:
To attain the desired height in development,considering a homogeneous Igbo nation or Igbo nation merged with other friendly ethnicities as a Confederate or Federal state,security must be a priority. Our people said in an adage "Onye ndi iro gbalu gbulugbulu na eche ndu ya nche" roughly translates as " Whomsoever is circled by enemies guards his/her life jealously". With respect to Security,i propose the following:
SECURITY:
As far back as the year 1995,the united states security budget alone was nearly 1 trillion dollars! Connected to global power and influence is a formidable security infrastructure and personnel. This explains why a staggering communist enclave like Russia may not match the West in economic buoyancy but maintains a covert security threat and the other end of global power base.
An independent eastern region will be literally encircled by bitter,century old enemies and adversaries. If we do not wish to be tottering like Kenya, being constantly assaulted by Al-Shabab jihadists from Somalia,then we must deal with security as a national survival item. I propose the following:
1. Drone security satellite:
I personally refused to view this as project beyond our capabilities,more so when it has to be home made and strictly tailored to our needs. If our ancestors could build rocket launchers,modest missiles and convert pleasure jets to fighter jets in addition to other numerous technological feats in a life sapping and bitter genocide situation,then we can do much more if we challenge ourselves. This satellite will be orbited to cover the entire national space and will be encoded with automated triggers,whose function will be to detect all possible unauthorized materials,movements locations and activities detected either outside the perimeter of the boarder or within the nation. This triggers will be received at real time in the classified military control room(s) which shall be dispatched to the affected district ground forces for speedy resolution. This ensures centripetal forces against national unity are diffused in a matter of hours.
2. Coastal guards and Special Amphibian Forces:
The old eastern region has more than 3,000 kilometers of coastal stretch. This is not only a massive and challenging task but also critical to national survival. The battle between Queen Elizabeth The 1st and King Phillip of Spain,who by the way wields the greatest power in the 16th century came to mind. Spain was defeated in that war by highly trained amphibian forces (British pirates led by Sir Francis Drake) of the day who wrecked the formidable Spanish Armada and facilitated English triumph.Nations bordered by the sea can be conquered through the sea if not well guarded. The coast is a reservoir of wealth and must be given priority.
3.Terrestrial boundary guards:
Presently,Nigeria has neither a drone technology or terrestrial special forces that secure our boarders as obtain in serious countries.This explains the massive influx of misguided elements through all the northern boarders who make up the voting numbers during elections. This terrestrial boarder guards will be complemented by other security departments.
4. Special "kILLER" Ops:
This is akin to the Marine Corps in United States. They are the secret killer squads. Their training regimes lead to deaths given its intensity and stretch but they are the soul of the military. Every serious country needs that to succeed more so with danger perpetually lurking beyond and within the Eastern Corridor.
5.Police and Neighborhood Watch(VIGILANTE):
One of the most successful civilian security intervention in Igboland is the introduction of neighborhood watch(VIGILANTE) in our towns and villages. They have largely succeeded in bringing peace an combating crimes in the east to a good extent. Being that they are all made up of indigens and residents placed more responsibilities on them.There should be a review of these groups with a view to reform and reposition them to be more modern and accountable.Pockets of abuse and deviance are reported. By and large,this is an effective means of crime control and must be retained in my opinion.
The police on its own needs total disbandment and a complete overhaul from the scratch. The present Nigerian police transfer policy whereby a man from Kebbi State is transfered to become the Police Commissioner in Enugu state is one the most foolish government policies i have ever seen. In the United States fror instance,the Sherif and district Crime Officer are both indigens or at least residents of the city for a considerable period of time.They know their areas of jurisdiction well and are well known within the localities.

6.Eastern Criminal Intelligence:
The name already suggests a special ops that will combine the duties of CIA and FBI not only for intelligence gathering but infiltration of underground economies,crime syndicates and detection of saboteours within the military,government or private realms. The current Nigerian utilization of quota system and states allocation for employment into the Secret Service is another abberation beyond comprehension. Merit and thorough assessment of applicants will ensure only the best are selected.

7. Navy,Airforce and paramilitary:
I will deal with these two and paramilitary agencies in the next series.
Ndewo nu! : PS: Damn all typos

2 Likes

Re: . by OreMI22: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2018
spyder880:

Oga Spyder,
Biko, what part of Anambra is this? Looks like Nkpor or Obosi, but where precisely?

Infact, i will be lost in Onitsha today. Yet i lived there!

1 Like

Re: . by OreMI22: 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
Cjrane2:

Solar electricity is our ONLY HOPE!

Here in the USA, people are adapting to it, even though the start up cost is expensive. The good thing is you will have zero electricity bill and you can use what you could have paid as electricity bill to payback the cost of installation.

If more homes have this Solar Power system, they can even help feed the public electricity grid and help maintain some stable power supply.

Banks should start helping people install this system and gradually pay back. If we can eliminate generators and use clean renewable solar power, then Nigeria has made progress.

There is need to have experts connect the batteries because that is the key to all these. They should be connected in series and you must try not to deplete your batteries more than 30% everyday so that the batteries will last a long time.

For now, Solar in homes can help run fridge/freezers, a water pump and a few power saving bulbs and fan. For now it will just be sufficient for the most important appliances to stop people from having spoiled soup and pumping water for home use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4qcoEXYqK0

3 Likes

Re: . by Cjrane2: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
OreMI22:

Here in the USA, people are adapting to it, even though the start up cost is expensive. The good thing is you will have zero electricity bill and you can use what you could have paid as electricity bill to payback the cost of installation.

If more homes have this Solar Power system, they can even help feed the public electricity grid and help maintain some stable power supply.

Banks should start helping people install this system and gradually pay back. If we can eliminate generators and use clean renewable solar power, then Nigeria has made progress.

There is need to have experts connect the batteries because that is the key to all these. They should be connected in series and you must try not to deplete your batteries more than 30% everyday so that the batteries will last a long time.

For now, Solar in homes can help run fridge/freezers, a water pump and a few power saving bulbs and fan. For now it will just be sufficient for the most important appliances to stop people from having spoiled soup and pumping water for home use.

Yes!
Properly connecting the batteries in series is key to getting maximum power from them.

You are right, for now, the Solar panels may just be for a few household items such as one TV, cable box, one or two fans, water pump, refrigerator/freezer and a few energy efficient light bulbs. Until more powerful solar panels are available in the market.
I also think homes can begin to run a different electrical wiring for Solar to make sure it is carrying only those key items and therefore conserving the power.

Nonetheless, the solar technology is a welcome relief from noisy generators/ stress of buying fuel and maintaining generators and will keep one's food from spoiling due to prolonged power outage in Nigeria. Especially in the villages where there may be no filling stations close-by.

4 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
OreMI22:

Very informative video

1 Like

Re: . by carchatz: 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation.

A report released by a magazine, Economic Confidential ,has showed that Bauchi, Benue, Ekiti, are among the 14 states that cannot survive without the federally collected revenue which is mostly derived from the oil sector.

According to the report from the magazine, showing the total allocations received by each state in Nigeria from the Federation Account Allocation (FAA) between January to December 2017, it was gathered that the internally generated revenue from the states were below 10 percent of what they received from the federal allocation in 2017.

The statistical aggregate released showed that most states will find it very difficult to survive without the monthly funds from the Federal Account Allocation Committee.

It was also gathered from the report that states with less than 10 per cent IGR which was 14 in 2016 have increased to 17 states in 2017.
Pointing out the states that may not survive without federal allocation due to poor internal revenue, the report listed Bauchi which realized a meagre N4.3 billion compared to a total of N85 billion it received from the Federation Account Allocation (FAA) in 2017 representing about 5 per cent of the funds the state received from the Federal government that same year.

Yobe was also listed as it generated N3.59 billion compared to FAA of N67 billion representing 5.33 per cent of funds received from the Federal Allocation.

Also listed was Borno state which generated about N4.9 billion compared to FAA of N92 billion it received which is equivalent to 5.41 per cent of the funds it received from the FAA.

Also listed as an unviable was Kebbi with IGR of N4.39 billion compared to the N76 billion it received from the FAA representing 5.77 per cent of the funds it received from the federal account and Katsina with IGR of N6 billion compared to N103 billion of FAA representing 5.8 per cent.

Other poor internal revenue earners are Niger which generated N6.5 billion compared to FAA of N87 billion representing 7.43 per cent; Jigawa N6.6 billion compared to FAA of N85 billion representing 7.75 per cent; Imo N6.8 billion compared to FAA of N85 billion representing 8.1 per cent and Akwa Ibom N15 billion compared to FAA of N197 billion representing 8.06 per cent, Ekiti N4.9 billion compared to FAA of N59 billion representing 8.38 per cent; Osun N6.4 billion compared to FAA of N76 billion representing 8.45 per cent, Adamawa N6.2 billion compared to FAA of N72.9 billion representing 8.49 per cent; Taraba N5.7 billion compared to FAA of N66 billion representing 8.70 per cent and Ebonyi N5.1 billion compared to FAA of N57.8 billion representing 8 per cent.

The report also listed states with Impressive IGR for the year 2017 which included Kwara, Kano,Kaduna , Ogun, Rivers, Edo, Enugu, Delta, Cross River, Anambra, Oyo and Abia States and Lagos state.

However the state in the south with the poorest internally generated revenue in 2017 includes Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Osun, Ekiti, Akwa-Ibom and Imo States generating a total of N934 billion in 2017.

The report however recorded that only 3 states in the north had an impressive IGR for the year 2017.

Pointing Lagos as the state with the highest IGR, the state remains steadfast in its number one position in IGR with a total revenue generation of N333 billion compared to FAA of N201 billion which translate to 165 per cent in the twelve months of 2017.
It is followed by Ogun State which generated IGR of N74.83 billion compared to FAA of N69 billion representing 107 per cent. Others with impressive IGR include Rivers with N89 billion compared to FAA of N178 billion representing 50 per cent; Edo with IGR of N25billion compared to FAA of N75 billion representing 33 per cent.

Kwara State however with a low receipt from the Federation Account has greatly improved in its IGR of N19 billion compared to FAA of N61 billion representing 32 per cent while Enugu with IGR of N22 billion compared to FAA of N69 billion representing 32 per cent.
Kano generated N42 billion compared to FAA of N143 billion representing 30 per cent while Delta State earned N51 billion IGR against FAA of N175 billion representing 29 per cent.

The report also noted that the N333 billion generated by Lagos state was higher that the IGR of 30 states put together whose internal revenues are extremely low and poor compared to their allocations from the Federation Account.

However, states are advised to improve their IGR by diversifying their economy to productive sectors and stop relying solely on the monthly federation accounts revenue that has a major part of it coming from the oil sector.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/04/29/14-states-cant-survive-without-federal-allocation-report

1 Like

Re: . by BabaRamota1980: 12:15am On Apr 30, 2018
Xander85:

You're rambling mate!

Fact of the matter is that the 'owners of Nigeria' were not threatened by all the Yoruba guys you mentioned there because, as you stated, there were limits they were either scared to go beyond or just didn't have the capacity for! Their own 'agitation' started and ended at making mouth, or erroneously thinking that they could get some form of justice from the rigged Nigerian judicial set-up in order to set their people free! The owners of Nigeria looked on in amusement, safe in the knowledge that these guys can only make mouth! And when it looked like they were starting to get a bit too big for their boots, the Oligarchs then conspired to teach them a bitter lesson by using the same rigged judicial system to lock them up! Fela and Fawehinmi know what i'm on about.

You talk of Nigeria not being 'conducive' for certain things. That's the talk of a lily-livered, yellow-bellied coward! If Britain had waited for a 'conducive' moment would they have been able to repel Hitlers advance at Dunkirk? If South Africans had waited for a 'conducive' moment would they have been able to defeat apartheid? If Barack Obama had waited for a 'conducive' moment would he ever have been president of the US? You see Nigeria with all its purported potentials still groping in the dark (and on the verge of imminent collapse) while countries and city states we were better than in the 60s are forging ahead and breaking into the exclusive 1st world club...you see all this, and you think we can still afford a couple more decades to faff about because Nigeria is not yet 'conducive' to be asked a few hard questions. Just when will the situation be 'conducive'...is it when the 'owners of Nigeria' say so?

Even if Jesus Christ were to come down from heaven and champion the cause for either structural change or dissolution of Nigeria as we know it, something tells me that guys like you will walk up to him and say, "hang on a minute...just what do you think you're playing at mister....better mind your bizness and go back to heaven as Nigeria is not yet 'conducive' for all this your radical ideas"! Sacrilegious i know, but i've come to expect such from you lot!

I tire for una!

The people you call lilly livered have accomplished incremental liberties for themselves through dogged determination and forceful match in opposition to the brutality from the center.

Beside these people i mentioned there are groups like Agbekoya, Afenifere, OPC.

When have you ever heard any of these groups talk of Igbo or Hausa or any other ethnogroup derogatively the way Kanu abuse tribal groups and leaders?

Thrre is something in your gene in East that gives you convinction that you are a savior for the continent. That you must not focus on just saving Igbo....you must also save Yoruba, you must save Efik, you must save Ijaw, you must save Igala, you must save Edo, you must save Tiv....and if any of them turn down your savior penchance you make enemy of them, lump them in a enemy bucket along with your number 1 enemy, the Hausa/Fulani.

Any group that does not exhibit this savior drive, that you erroneously tag "bravery", then you put them in opposition and label them coward.

Maybe Yoruba just want to save themselves, not worried about saving anyone else. Indeed that's the truth!

So, the next pro-biafran rebel leader you get needs to have this awareness and accept that his job and mission is Igbo interest....you can attack the center, but dont denigrate others and dont go including others in areas mapped for savior-crusade. Keep bravery to Igbos and please please, make sure such a leader have a compass and road map to know where Abuja is located.....in the North, not SW.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.