Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,660 members, 7,862,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

. - Politics (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (591743 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT

Below are all the accounts created by the Famous Anti IGBO Character(s).DO NOT RESPOND TO HIM.

I will keep updating the list as he continues to create more accounts

SwedishDocument
Anitabeuty
chef2000
Ogbuefi5050
Ogbuefi2020
Chris070370845022
Beijingdozzier
Bestviewer
chino
Oneast
abagoro
Abagworo
GenScatt
bestview,
bestviewer,
lasgidiowner,
abia1stson,
lmo1stson,
onuebonyi,
paulnsk,
chri070
chri081
asha80,
asha9,
mxrap,
beigindossier,
kasyn081
dav081
BeautifulSE
bubu56
Murphyufere

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2018
Myndd44 and Lalasticlala,

With all due respect, you guys need to start doing your job. Why don't you ban the individuals causing havoc on Igbo threads. Are you guys in support of them?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
Time to get serious once more. The arid and battered nation of Pakistan is taking environmental sustainability serious and to another level. They planted 1.5 million trees in one day. Their target is 10 billion trees. Lessons for Southern Nigeria that has some of the richest,desenst tropical and sustainable vegetative belts in the world yet lost in avoidable bio degradable occurrences (deforestation,gradual aridity,erosion,landslides etc). We can do better.
World Economic Forum
The aim is to plant 10 billion. Learn more about Pakistan's tree revolution: https://wef.ch/2tLqStk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
Michael Okpara square, Umuahia, Abia state.........

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
Just as some states in Nigeria are not relenting in the quest to boost ICT literacy level amongst its people, Enugu state is also not left behind as the state government together with private IT firms, has started training its teachers on computer programming/coding. I got this news this afternoon from Channels TV's news across Nigeria program ( 3:00 pm every weekdays ).

sorry for the poor picture quality, I snapped the pictures from my TV.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by IgboAmakaa(f): 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
nnamdijonathan:
Just as some states in Nigeria are not relenting in the quest to boost ICT literacy level amongst its people, Enugu state is also not left behind as the state government together with private IT firms, has started training its teachers on computer programming/coding. I got this news this afternoon from Channels TV's news across Nigeria program ( 3:00 pm every weekdays ).

sorry for the poor picture quality, I snapped the pictures from my TV.

Nice one ...we will all get thier
Re: . by horsepower101: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
I wonder what's going on with the Onitsha Tech Hub...I am hoping that Onitsha becomes the silicon valley of the East.

4 Likes

Re: . by reality1010: 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
selemempe:

1. i would say that the campaign to shame ppl into building their investments in south east is yielding positive results. Our youths who are making money are now building nice structures in se...unlike wen our fathers made their own money and established outside...only visiting se during xmas..so that campaign should continue.

2. I think we should forget restructuring for now. Devolusion of power we can support. But we should never support resource control. Let us join the rest of the country and milk the atlantic and niger delta dry of all oil resources..two can play the game.

3. We should start a new campaign like the think home campaign....this new campaign will be to tell young igbo enterprenours that buying and selling is not the only business they can do. There is a whole world of sectors out there...why are we opening only shops and importing everything upanda?? Is that how we will become se asia?? We should go into other areas too...let start a thread in nairaland or any other site for young igbo enterprenours....na there we go tell dem say buying and selling no dey reign again.

4..we should position ourselves for 2023 presidency...forget say i dey act like say i no need am. Truth is...an igbo president will play a huge part in the current unfolding igbo rebirth.

5. Lastly...like i will always say...create Anioma state. We need one more state in the south east and we need that sate to be anioma state. We suffered because an anioma man killed sarduana...we should own them for life...cos if the eyes starts crying, the nose will join. With anioma state in the south east, igboland will be 80% complete...remaining only igboland in rivers state...and a few igbo towns with small population in benue and crossriver. Cos igbos should gather their number and strenght for the eventual break away from nigeria

We can start with this: A campaign for people to build the best amusement parks in Onitsha, Enugu and Aba. Two, each state should provide security for 24 hours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OreMI22: 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
horsepower101:

Below are all the accounts created by the Famous Anti IGBO Character(s).DO NOT RESPOND TO HIM.

SwedishDocument
Anitabeuty
chef2000
Ogbuefi5050
Ogbuefi2020
Chris070370845022
Beijingdozzier
Bestviewer
chino
Oneast
abagoro
Abagworo
GenScatt
bestview,
bestviewer,
lasgidiowner,
abia1stson,
lmo1stson,
onuebonyi,
paulnsk,
chri070
chri081
asha80,
asha9,
mxrap,
beigindossier,
kasyn081
dav081
BeautifulSE
bubu56
Murphyufere

From the list of monikers that guy created you can see he is jobless and addicted to the internet.

That is why he never contributes any positive idea. He only wants to attack states of the SE and the people from them

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by MXrap: 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
So Chino is behind all these people? He must be a robotic machine. I respect the dude. cheesy

horsepower101:

Below are all the accountst created by the Famous Anti IGBO Character(s).DO NOT RESPOND TO HIM.

SwedishDocument
Anitabeuty
chef2000
Ogbuefi5050
Ogbuefi2020
Chris070370845022
Beijingdozzier
Bestviewer
chino
Oneast
abagoro
Abagworo
GenScatt
bestview,
bestviewer,
lasgidiowner,
abia1stson,
lmo1stson,
onuebonyi,
paulnsk,
chri070
chri081
asha80,
asha9,
beigindossier,
kasyn081
dav081
BeautifulSE
bubu56
Murphyufere

1 Like

Re: . by MXrap: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
So you have a job and you are looking so tattered and looking so hungry. You have a job and you are here everyday even in the midnight. I am only respecting you because i feel you are a very old person by looking at you or maybe situation kept you this horrible condition. I spit on you.

OreMI22:

From the list of monikers that guy created you can see he is jobless and addicted to the internet.

That is why he never contributes any positive idea. He only wants to attack states of the SE and the people from them

1 Like

Re: . by Ttipsy(f): 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
ckenneths:
Michael Okpara square, Umuahia, Abia state.........
my first time seeing serene and descent picture of Abia state. nice view thou

8 Likes

Re: . by B2mario(m): 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
AfonjaSlayer:
Aba after 20 months of Ikpeazu.
nice dear
Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ttipsy:
my first time seeing serene and descent picture of Abia state. nice view thou

Relax bro, there will be so much picture of Abia state that internet will complain cheesy I still have a lot of work on my hands now.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by B2mario(m): 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
spyder880:

Relax bro, there will be so much picture of Abia state that internet will complain cheesy I still have a lot of work on my hands now.
Thanks in advance once more. You are the best guy here.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
B2mario:
Thanks in advance once more. You are the best guy here.

I have been carrying around more than 100 pictures not yet posted. I have about 70 of them from Abia state alone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by B2mario(m): 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
spyder880:

I have been carrying around more than 100 pictures not yet posted. I have about 70 of them from Abia state alone.
Ok, it will be very much nice if you can start posting them. Thanks alot.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Ttipsy(f): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
B2mario:
Ok, it will be very much nice if you can start posting them. Thanks alot.
lol... we are waiting to see nice pictures from Abia state. esp ABA. lol
Re: . by Purehuman(m): 1:23am On Sep 06, 2018
The only time we can be serious to build a sustainable infrastructure in igboland is if the diaspora (within Nigeria but outside igboland and outside the country) come together and decide to drive the development of the region. The number of people we lose yearly due to migration has cost us low revenue from income taxation and other value added tax. We are currently battling with so much and there is this much the governors of each state can do to push for development in the region.

As I have earlier highlighted in this thread, we need a uniform purpose through conquering the political system of igboland and re-energizing our socio-cultural groups i.e umunna, igbo meetings in diaspora, age grade meetings, religious societies and other groups that can easily draw more igbo monies into the east.

We also cannot over-emphasize the importance of education in the future development of the region. Igbos spend nothings less than 5billion naira every term in schooling their wards outside igboland. Those monies can make a difference in the development of the region too.

We are losing so much in this country and we are doing nothing about it.

4 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:36am On Sep 06, 2018
Purehuman:
The only time we can be serious to build a sustainable infrastructure in igboland is if the diaspora (within Nigeria but outside igboland and outside the country) come together and decide to drive the development of the region. The number of people we lose yearly due to migration has cost us low revenue from income taxation and other value added tax. We are currently battling with so much and there is this much the governors of each state can do to push for development in the region.

As I have earlier highlighted in this thread, we need a uniform purpose through conquering the political system of igboland and re-energizing our socio-cultural groups i.e umunna, igbo meetings in diaspora, age grade meetings, religious societies and other groups that can easily draw more igbo monies into the east.

We also cannot over-emphasize the importance of education in the future development of the region. Igbos spend nothings less than 5billion naira every term in schooling their wards outside igboland. Those monies can make a difference in the development of the region too.

We are losing so much in this country and we are doing nothing about it.

To me, what we need most is a development fund dedicated to building critical infrastructures such as power plants, rail and road networks, ports, Massive Regional Healthcare hub, Massive Univeristy in the East etc...

The South East Region Economic Development Company (SEREDEC) is working on it as we speak. Last year, they launched the South East Nigeria Development Fund (SENDEF). The goal of the fund is to invest in infrastructure, industries, agreiculture etc...

Below is their website

http://southeast.ng/seredec/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 1:38am On Sep 06, 2018
Nigeria has one of the worst health sector development in the world with 6 people dying every second in the country. The only saving grace we have in this country is the ability of giving birth more than the deaths. With an average of 28years, the country is gradually seeing the end of people living in their old age in the country.

This health infrastructural deficit has opened the leeway for we igbos to invest heavily in the health sector of the country. If we readily build a health city that will cater for the high population of sick people in the country. Nigeria has the following statistics based health related issues in the country:

1. 21 million people with mental issues in the country.
2. 3.1 million people living with HIV/AIDS in the country.
3. Increasing number of cancer patients in the last few years compared with the last decades.
4. Very low access to pipe borne water in the 21st century.
5. Doctor to patient ratio is very low in the country. With 1 doctor to 200 patients per time.
6. Very low number of specialized doctors in the country.

There are boundless opportunities in the health sector of the country which when taken seriously can generate billions of dollars through patronage and WHO aids in the region. If we build a health city where teaching and practicing of medicine take place, we will be able to have a greater amount of older generation, more money, better life expectancy, better homes and our culture will be better preserved.

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:43am On Sep 06, 2018
@ Purehuman

Another Igbo group working on Igboland developemnt is the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF)

2 years ago, they launch the Alaigbo Development Fund (ADF) which is similar to SENDEF mentioned above.

Their goal is also to do the same thing which is to finance development projects.

Below is their website
http://alaigbo.org/

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:46am On Sep 06, 2018
Also, THe Enugu Diaspora community just launched their own development foundation this year.

1 Like

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 1:46am On Sep 06, 2018
horsepower101:

To me, what we need most is a development fund dedicated to building critical infrastructures such as power plants, rail and road networks, ports, Massive Regional Healthcare hub, Massive Univeristy in the East etc...

The South East Region Economic Development Company (SEREDEC) is working on it as we speak. Last year, they launched the South East Nigeria Development Fund (SENDEF). The goal of the fund is to invest in infrastructure, industries, agreiculture etc...

Below is their website

http://southeast.ng/seredec/

I understand your point vividly, I was even communicating with a friend living in the east to keep me informed on when the last summit will take place. I think it took place around 20th last year and after that we did not hear anything from the organization. I even sent a mail that i want to be a participant of the commission and try to put my effort the bringing bigger development into the region, I could not get a reply either. I do not know how they communicate with their members but they have not been active in the cyberspace for some time now. I wish they can be very serious that the common man will be able to notice their presence and follow up with them.

2 Likes

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 1:49am On Sep 06, 2018
horsepower101:
@ Purehuman

Another Igbo group working on Igboland developemnt is the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF)

2 years ago, they launch the Alaigbo Development Fund (ADF) which is similar to SENDEF mentioned above.

Their goal is also to do the same thing which is to finance development projects.

Below is their website

What about unifying efforts so that the common man can be part of the development of the region. Don't you think that creating different organizations for the same purpose might just pose a threat to the main objective?

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:53am On Sep 06, 2018
Purehuman:

I understand your point vividly, I was even communicating with a friend living in the east to keep me informed on when the last summit will take place. I think it took place around 20th last year and after that we did not hear anything from the organization. I even sent a mail that i want to be a participant of the commission and try to put my effort the bringing bigger development into the region, I could not get a reply either. I do not know how they communicate with their members but they have not been active in the cyberspace for some time now. I wish they can be very serious that the common man will be able to notice their presence and follow up with them.

Its very unfortunate that they are not active online as they should. That needs to change if they want to succeed in this venture.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:58am On Sep 06, 2018
Purehuman:

What about unifying efforts so that the common man can be part of the development of the region. Don't you think that creating different organizations for the same purpose might just pose a threat to the main objective?

I am with you on this. All these development groups need to unite under one umbrella and pour all their resources on one area that will benefit the whole east. I dont like the fragmentation going on

BUT regardless, this ia a big improvement overall. I remember when we used to talk about developmental funds in Nairaland...Today its already happening.

My hope is that they all unite to form one massive developmental organization.

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:05am On Sep 06, 2018
Purehuman:
Nigeria has one of the worst health sector development in the world with 6 people dying every second in the country. The only saving grace we have in this country is the ability of giving birth more than the deaths. With an average of 28years, the country is gradually seeing the end of people living in their old age in the country.

This health infrastructural deficit has opened the leeway for we igbos to invest heavily in the health sector of the country. If we readily build a health city that will cater for the high population of sick people in the country. Nigeria has the following statistics based health related issues in the country:

1. 21 million people with mental issues in the country.
2. 3.1 million people living with HIV/AIDS in the country.
3. Increasing number of cancer patients in the last few years compared with the last decades.
4. Very low access to pipe borne water in the 21st century.
5. Doctor to patient ratio is very low in the country. With 1 doctor to 200 patients per time.
6. Very low number of specialized doctors in the country.

There are boundless opportunities in the health sector of the country which when taken seriously can generate billions of dollars through patronage and WHO aids in the region. If we build a health city where teaching and practicing of medicine take place, we will be able to have a greater amount of older generation, more money, better life expectancy, better homes and our culture will be better preserved.

I remember reading a report that said that Nigerians spend between $3 to $4 billion yearly to travel abroad for medical treatment. Imagine if Igbo doctors in the diaspora come together to build a medical city in the East. They will be minting billionaire doctors yearly. This is a huge untapped opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2018
horsepower101:
@ Purehuman

Below is their website

too many groups coming up and we have not felt their impacts even 2 to 4 years after their creation. Within the last 5 years, more than 5 Igbo groups have been created by different group of people to address the challenges faced in Igbo land but, what exactly have they done to solve any of those challenges apart from holding meetings more than 3 times every year? I don't even believe all these groups have any thing to offer, they just create a pan Igbo group, elect a leader and keep holding meetings every year that never result to any positive impact. The only organization I recognize is Ohaneze Ndigbo because, this is the only organization that can gather the prominent Igbo people and governors of the Igbo states to hold a meeting that result to positive change in igboland, other igbo groups are just a waste of time. Let's just be patient to see what this AlaIgbo development foundation will offer in the next few years because I am having the feeling that it is just another "waste-of-time" group.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2018
This is why I like Obiano
Remember the news I posted here yesterday of a road that was divided into two by rain that also wanted to cause e-war on the thread? This report is just coming in:
Immediate response to Nibo-Umuawulu Road.
In a swift response Governor Willie Obiano has deployed contractors to fix the Nibo-Umuawulu Road that caved in after yesterday's torrential rainfall
credit: ANSMEDIA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.