Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

. - Politics (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (583098 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
I am a realist. I don't play around emotions, I say it the way it is. I careless whose ox is gored and that is why I say the bitter truth all the time. You can deny it from now till tomorrow but in everyday affairs even you cannot see someone from Ebonyi the same way you see someone from either Delta, Anambra or Enugu or even Imo or Abia as same. In your inner-most mind there is this reservation you will always have for someone from Ebonyi. We may not want to accept it publicly because of diplomacy but it exists. This is a subconscious thing. It is that mindset that creates the unseen divide and not necessarily the actual physical divides.

aniomafirstson:

Nwokem

Nothing like pure Igbo
Igbo bu Igbo so stop using artificial human created lines to separate us.

Daalu
Mbene cool
Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2018
Omojie from benin stop spatting your dirty acid you call saliva on this forum, we know your style already you can't devide the everly formidable Igbo race, no amount of your dirty spit will devide us rather you will die from heart attack when you see our progressives State and we'll never be cowed to stop posting our beautiful pictures which will continue to hurt and torment you on this forum......

Na you go tire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Ifeanyi, these are the biggest roads in the SE and they are all in Anambra. This is 2018 but Ebonyi state don't even have ordinary drinking water, guineaworm is still the order of the day there. 95% of th roads in the state are still unmotorable except for few in your capital. Over 90% Ebonyi state is still a rural area. Human capital development in Ebonyi state is still zero, because over 90% of Ebonyi youths are still either hawking on the highways or riding okada across Nigeria. Ebonyi is still lagging far behind in education, trailing some northern states. You have so much to worry about than bother about the most developed state in the SE.

The person you quoted was talking about tree planting not biggest roads. If you have any idea how we can plant trees on most roads in Anambra, share it. Even the pics you uploaded showed that upper iweka highway lacks trees
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
No, you misunderstood him either, he said that there is no more space and I showed him that we have the biggest roads in the SE. Upper Iweka highway just like Ikorodu road in Lagos were built as a major thoroughfare. I have equally posted some pictures showing trees too.

nnamdijonathan:

The person you quoted was talking about tree planting not biggest roads. If you have any idea how we can plant trees on most roads in Anambra, share it. Even the pics you uploaded showed that upper iweka highway lacks trees

2 Likes

Re: . by odogwu125: 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

You started all these stupid interchange argument. Chino only asked you to show him one flyover in the entire Enugu state and you decided to divert to types of interchanges. When did diamond, cloverleaf, single point and directional interchanges become part of the argument? Just show Chino a flyover in Enugu and stop beating about the bush. Cjrane has shown some pics already and that is why I decided to stop arguing before but, its like you like wahala.
Lol. I was banned for insulting but you deserve more. You are now secretly googling these things but here claiming to know them. Who owes you pictures? Why argue what you don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by odogwu125: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
ZZ22:
The guy under these handles is a robot who can make 50pages in less than 30minutes talking and replying to himself. Look well before you quote to avoid contamination↓↓

Anitabeuty
chef2000
Ogbuefi5050
Ogbuefi2020
Chris070370845022
Beijingdozzier
bestviewer
chino
Oneast
abagoro
Abagworo
GenScatt
bestview,
bestviewer,
lasgidiowner,
abia1stson,
lmo1stson,
onuebonyi,
paulnsk,
chri070
chri081
asha80,
asha9,
mxrap,
beigindossier,
kasyn081
dav081
BeautifulSE
bubu56
Murphyufere
swedishdocument
omanbala1
Nonsowow
Enuguboy4nsk
Juliusmalema
Fergie001
mralhaji
afonjaslayer

With those pictures of Enugu posted above I'd say we need to up our games in Anambra. Yes, we have motorable roads but its beautification matters too. Construction of most roads is not complete if its treeless/flowerless or even has red soil both sides. Obiano take note
Obiano wasted all anambra money on thst wall of jericho instead of doing Sullivan style urban renewal which should be priority in anambra at the moment

1 Like

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ogbuefi2020 aka Odogwu125, Anambra has by far better road networks than your Enugu state can ever get even in the next 200yrs.

It is a shame that Enugu even after 100yrs of existence doesn't have a single flyover.

Sullivan and Ugwuanyi are all failures that accumulated the biggest debts ever seen in the history of the SE without achieving anything.

Obodo oyibo flyover..... cheesy

odogwu125:

Obiano wasted all anambra money on thst wall of jericho instead of doing Sullivan style urban renewal which should be priority in anambra at the moment

1 Like

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

You started all these stupid interchange argument. Chino only asked you to show him one flyover in the entire Enugu state and you decided to divert to types of interchanges. When did diamond, cloverleaf, single point and directional interchanges become part of the argument? Just show Chino a flyover in Enugu and stop beating about the bush.

Lol..he has nothing to show because Enugu state doesn't have a single flyover and won't even get one even in the next 200yrs because they have leaders without vision nor foresight.

1 Like

Re: . by superlightning: 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chri08102702694:
I am a realist. I don't play around emotions, I say it the way it is. I careless whose ox is gored and that is why I say the bitter truth all the time. You can deny it from now till tomorrow but in everyday affairs even you cannot see someone from Ebonyi the same way you see someone from either Delta, Anambra or Enugu or even Imo or Abia as same. In your inner-most mind there is this reservation you will always have for someone from Ebonyi. We may not want to accept it publicly because of diplomacy but it exists. This is a subconscious thing. It is that mindset that creates the unseen divide and not necessarily the actual physical divides.

Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Ogbuefi2020 aka Odogwu125, Anambra has by far better road networks than your Enugu state can ever get even in the next 200yrs.

It is a shame that Enugu even after 100yrs of existence doesn't have a single flyover.

Sullivan and Ugwuanyi are all failures that accumulated the biggest debts ever seen in the history of the SE without achieving anything.

Obodo oyibo flyover..... cheesy

I'm sure i'm not the only person here who's sick and tired of you and all the other annoying monikers that are always arguing with you over trivial and inane rubbish! And you keep on posting tired old pics of the same flyover and Upper-Iweka expressway! I'm yet to see new pics of ime-Ogbe....inner streets of Onitsha!

Put a lid on it mate! We want new pics and robust, brotherly discussions aimed at propelling the entire Igboland forward, and not just Anambra!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
If you are tired then you go back to your village afterwards you said you are from Rivers state. Why are you so much interested in Igbo matter than you should be in your Rivers matter?

You are most concerned with my posts but you have never bothered to tell the same thing to the people that am responding to. I never stirred up anything here but am only responding to some inferior people.

Xander85:

I'm sure i'm not the only person here who's sick and tired of you and all the other annoying monikers that are always arguing with you over trivial and inane rubbish! And you keep on posting tired old pics of the same flyover and Upper-Iweka expressway! I'm yet to see new pics of ime-Ogbe....inner streets of Onitsha!

Put a lid on it mate! We want new pics and robust, brotherly discussions aimed at propelling the entire Igboland forward, and not just Anambra!

2 Likes

Re: . by Xander85: 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
This is the most recent view of the new terminal at AIIA Enugu. It was supposed to have been commissioned last month (if i heard the narration right), but remains an unfinished empty shell as we speak! You can notice in the clip that some of the glass panes have even fallen off and the place looks abandoned and derelict.

Was watching NTA Network News a few weeks ago, and they were showing advanced works on the ones in Kano, Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja....they showed the interior of one of them (can't remember which now) and it looked good and almost ready for use.

The minister of aviation Hadi-Sirika talked about borrowing more money to expand the scope and design of these terminals (don't know if it's already been done as they looked much bigger than the one in Enugu), saying that some things were not included in the original design and plan!

The whole environment of AIIA is a disgrace, and looks like an abandoned airstrip in Mogadishu! This is a terminal that during the time of GEJ (esp' the Oduah period) was being treated and built equally with the other 4 which are soon to be commissioned for use.

I hope those wondering why i despise this country Nigeria can now begin to understand where i'm coming from!?

Courtesy of Onye Njenje:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voPOkup2WmA

3 Likes

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
This is a normal thing. Enugu airport is a local state owned airport. We have only 4 international airports in Nigeria- Kano, Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja. Let Enugu state government focus for once in developing the state than waiting for the FG over a state project. Check airport traffic, the one of Enugu is almost zero, so what is the need of investing in it? I think Stella goofed and FG just realised that the airport is a waste of scarce resources that should have been channelled to other reasonable states for projects, and that explains why the airport has since been left to it's host state to handle. Please move to the next topic. cool

1 Like

Re: . by Xander85: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
Just to add that AIIA Enugu has no night time landing facilities, so once it's dusk flights can't land or take off!

He said Ethiopian Airlines have complained about this as it frustrates their cargo flight operations into the airport. Cargo flights unlike regular passenger flights don't have a scheduled time as i gathered from the clip.
Re: . by Xander85: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chri08102702694:
This is a normal thing. Enugu airport is a local state owned airport. We have only 4 international airports in Nigeria- Kano, Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja. Let Enugu state government focus for once in developing the state than waiting for the FG over a state project. Check airport traffic, the one of Enugu is almost zero, so what is the need of investing in it? I think Stella goofed and FG just realised that the airport is a waste of scarce resources that should have been channelled to other reasonable states for projects, and that explains why the airport has since been left to it's host state to handle. Please move to the next topic. cool

I think you're wrong here. Go and check the latest Nigerian airports statistics. I think you'll find that despite the fact AIIA closes once it's night time and despite the fact full international flight operations are yet to start, you'll find traffic for the airport is quite high...coming in 5th or 6th in the entire country! Obviously, with full int'l operations and the airport also operating after dusk, the numbers will increase. smiley

1 Like

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chri08102702694:
This is a normal thing. Enugu airport is a local state owned airport. We have only 4 international airports in Nigeria- Kano, Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja. Let Enugu state government focus for once in developing the state than waiting for the FG over a state project. Check airport traffic, the one of Enugu is almost zero, so what is the need of investing in it? I think Stella goofed and FG just realised that the airport is a waste of scarce resources that should have been channelled to other reasonable states, and that explains why it has been abandoned. Please move to the next topic. cool Oga no vex o. Who exactly do you say you are? On this thread,you insulted and downgraded Ebonyi state. On this thread,you despised and insulted Anioma. On this post above,you took your insult and aspersions against Enugu to another level altogether! I mean,what that heck are you driving at? You said you are from Uga but am sure you are impostor sent to run riot on all Pan Igbo contexts. No true Igbo man can display such. Even Okoroawusa,Ngige and Efulefu Igbokwe had their moments of sobriety and reason. But never you! Always running amok on insanity and unbridled folly. I am from Abatete in Idenmili and from a family most Anambrarians wil recognise should I mention my surname so am fully Omamala and super proud. So what da heck dey shak a nonentity like you kwanu? Plenty other forumites are from Anambra too with enviable names and pedigrees and do not habour any form of animosity or such madness you display here against other Igbos. You are alone in this madness. Igbo is one. We have evolved so much to have a charlatan like you in our midst. And if you are an impostor from Benin or Afonja as being delcared by some eagle eyed forumites,the joke is on you. It is shame you literally sleep on nairaland going from one thread to another planting your tares. Such a sad and jobless mofo. Tueh!

Re: . by Ttipsy(f): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chri08102702694:

Enugu state government should stop waiting and crying to the FG, they should do much they can to keep the airport fictional, that's the only Airport that receives intl flights in SE region. it's obvious FG is confused. therefore Enugu state govt should take the responsibility..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chino or whatever deranged name u bear,no vex o. Who exactly do you say you are? On this thread,you insulted and downgraded Ebonyi state. On this thread,you despised and insulted Anioma. On this post above,you took your insult and aspersions against Enugu to another level altogether! I mean,what that heck are you driving at? You said you are from Uga but am sure you are impostor sent to run riot on all Pan Igbo contexts. No true Igbo man can display such. Even Okoroawusa,Ngige and Efulefu Igbokwe had their moments of sobriety and reason. But never you! Always running amok on insanity and unbridled folly. I am from Abatete in Idenmili and from a family most Anambrarians wil recognise should I mention my surname so am fully Omamala and super proud. So what da heck dey shak a nonentity like you kwanu? Plenty other forumites are from Anambra too with enviable names and pedigrees and do not habour any form of animosity or such madness you display here against other Igbos. You are alone in this madness. Igbo is one. We have evolved so much to have a charlatan like you in our midst. And if you are an impostor from Benin or Afonja as being delcared by some eagle eyed forumites,the joke is on you. It is shame you literally sleep on nairaland going from one thread to another planting your tares. Such a sad and jobless mofo. Tueh!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2018
5th or 6th? Which means it is still behind Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano. The same reason i said that Enugu airport is not viable, and i think the FG is in order by leaving it out for the state government to handle as it is actually a local state owned airport.

Xander85:

I think you're wrong here. Go and check the latest Nigerian airports statistics. I think you'll find that despite the fact AIIA closes once it's night time and despite the fact full international flight operations are yet to start, you'll find traffic for the airport is quite high...coming in 5th or 6th in the entire country! Obviously, with full int'l operations and the airport also operating after dusk, the numbers will increase. smiley
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
Handsomegod:

When you finish blabbing you ask the same question to the same people i responded to. You have a job and you have been on this thread all day and even in the midnight. Jobless clown calling his master jobless. I am comfortably in my office right now, you may even be on a bed with a wh.ore somewhere. Continue deceiving yourself.
Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chri08102702694:

Can u just go and die

God punish all ur generation ediot

Stop commenting here everybody hate u and ur plenty account fool

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
Wat type of useless human being is this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
IgboticGirl:

Can i just go and die

God punish all my generation. I am an ediot

Stop commenting here everybody hate me and ur plenty account fool

Hmmm. You mean you said all these to yourself? Please don't die because of my bluntness. cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
U all should stop quoting him

Stop replying him for crying out loud

Wat is all this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by IgboticGirl(f): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
Stop quoting him

Let him b quoting himself

Can't u all just get that

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
Xander85:
This is the most recent view of the new terminal at AIIA Enugu. It was supposed to have been commissioned last month (if i heard the narration right), but remains an unfinished empty shell as we speak! You can notice in the clip that some of the glass panes have even fallen off and the place looks abandoned and derelict.

Was watching NTA Network News a few weeks ago, and they were showing advanced works on the ones in Kano, Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja....they showed the interior of one of them (can't remember which now) and it looked good and almost ready for use.

The minister of aviation Hadi-Sirika talked about borrowing more money to expand the scope and design of these terminals (don't know if it's already been done as they looked much bigger than the one in Enugu), saying that some things were not included in the original design and plan!

The whole environment of AIIA is a disgrace, and looks like an abandoned airstrip in Mogadishu! This is a terminal that during the time of GEJ (esp' the Oduah period) was being treated and built equally with the other 4 which are soon to be commissioned for use.

I hope those wondering why i despise this country Nigeria can now begin to understand where i'm coming from!?

Courtesy of Onye Njenje:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voPOkup2WmA

The AIIA may be shutdown this December for repairs
Re: . by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ttipsy:
Enugu state government should stop waiting and crying to the FG, they should do much they can to keep the airport fictional, that's the only Airport that receives intl flights in SE region. it's obvious FG is confused. therefore Enugu state govt should take the responsibility..

I'm not sure its possible since the airport is a federal airport. I can only advice NdiEnugu to pressurize their government to take over the Airport from the FG because, the FG doesn't really care about that Airport

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
Chri08102702694:
5th or 6th? Which means it is still behind Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano. The same reason i said that Enugu airport is not viable, and i think the FG is in order by leaving it out for the state government to handle as it is actually a local state owned airport.

don't mention Kano there, even Owerri receives more passengers than the Kano airport. Enugu airport has a higher passenger traffic than most airports in Nigeria and its just behind Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kano.

2 Likes

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
You have just said the same thing I said before, if Enugu airport is this behind in traffic then what is the moral or economic ground to invest more into it? I support FG in their stance for recognizing only Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano airports as the only international airports in Nigeria. Even Kaduna has been fixed to topnotch recently. Enugu airport has so many issues including but not limited to it's dilapidated runway, of which FG can't waste their time with it considering the fact that the airport is not viable ab initio.

nnamdijonathan:

don't mention Kano there, even Owerri receives more passengers than the Kano airport. Enugu airport has a higher passenger traffic than most airports in Nigeria and its just behind Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kano.
Re: . by Xander85: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
Handsomegod:
Hate Chimaroke all you can,but there was no doubt that fella brought American quality standard and ideas in some of his iconic projects. This Esuth Medical College (Parklane) stands out. His rainbow net and Cosmo Fm were signature ideas too in Enugu. Enugu is a hidden jewel in the east. Complete the International conference centre,Complete the abandoned mega projects along Rangers avenue started by Chimaroke but siezed by EFCC,revive hotel presidential and hand it over to any international hotel franchise (Raddison Blu,Marriot ,Sheraton,IBIS etc),revive Cosmo and launch a company that provides 4G broadband Internet services,fix the roads in Emene industria estates,concession Akanu Ibiam airport and we have a city ready to take on the world. The requisite populace are already on ground to live up to the billing. Keep the shots coming bro!

The one of Hotel Presidential dey pain me pass! I can't understand how that hotel has defied subsequent gov'ts attempts at fixing it and making it world-class! Moreso, when you consider that Obiano has almost finished Agulu Lake which is roughly of the same size and handed it over to a reputable int'l hotel management grp to manage!

It's just clear that present and past gov'ts in the state don't see the hotel and the conference centre as priorities!

The hotel should not only be rehabilitated but also upgraded to accommodate more rooms. Left to me i'd knock the old shell down and build a bigger and more imposing edifice (at least 8 stories high) that can stand as a landmark in Enugu!

1 Like

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
Xander85:

The one of Hotel Presidential dey pain me pass! I can't understand how that hotel has defied subsequent gov'ts attempts at fixing it and making it world-class! Moreso, when you consider that Obiano has almost finished Agulu Lake which is roughly of the same size and handed it over to a reputable int'l hotel management grp to manage!

It's just clear that present and past gov'ts in the state don't see the hotel and the conference centre as priorities!

The hotel should not only be rehabilitated but also upgraded to accommodate more rooms. Left to me i'd knock the old shell down and build a bigger and more imposing edifice (at least 8 stories high) that can stand as a landmark in Enugu!
Hotel Presidential died fully during Chimaroke's regime. Government "subsidy" killed it because I recall his thugs and killer squad were permanently camped there at no profitable gain to the hotel management. Many government officials also had their suites which they acquired via executive fiat. Which business survives that way? The interior design of that hotel is cool cos I recall it has some halls and a longe on the basement. Knocking the entire structure down and rebuilding from the scratch na long thing bro. Let them redesign the old structure and enhance areas they wish to. With recent advances in engineering,the era of knocking down full structures to fix new ones are over. Improvisation is the in-thing. Every year,more than 2 milion tourists visit Italy. From Florence to Venice,Rome,Milan and the sandy beaches of Radidi. Most of these visitors only go to catch a glimpse of the Victorian architecture and the iconic structures litered all over Italy and other European countries like Vienna and Paris. We can create our peculiar architecture that will and can pull considerable crowd. Withn our environment here lies the key to our greatness as a people. I wish government can be run as a business and not the current cake sharing jamboree

1 Like

Re: . by Xander85: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Handsomegod:
Hotel Presidential died fully during Chimaroke's regime. Government "subsidy" killed it because I recall his thugs and killer squad were permanently camped there at no profitable gain to the hotel management. Many government officials also had their suites which they acquired via executive fiat. Which business survives that way? The interior design of that hotel is cool cos I recall it has some halls and a longe on the basement. Knocking the entire structure down and rebuilding from the scratch na long thing bro. Let them redesign the old structure and enhance areas they wish to. With recent advances in engineering,the era of knocking down full structures to fix new ones are over. Improvisation is the in-thing. Every year,more than 2 milion tourists visit Italy. From Florence to Venice,Rome,Milan and the sandy beaches of Radidi. Most of these visitors only go to catch a glimpse of the Victorian architecture and the iconic structures litered all over Italy and other European countries like Vienna and Paris. We can create our peculiar architecture that will and can pull considerable crowd. Withn our environment here lies the key to our greatness as a people. I wish government can be run as a business and not the current cake sharing jamboree

The Anambra state government should please take note of the bolded! With regards to the Agulu Lake hotel, there should be a zero tolerance for gov't officials and big-shots trying to get a freebie or discount on the basis of being a gov't employee or knowing the governor!

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.