Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:22 PM

. - Politics (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (589654 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

They will tell you to your face and go back and continue their I am not Igbo stance.

Some of you just don't get it.
If the chiefs are saying so, how come their masses aren't? Obviously, it's a scam

My brother, I tire for these our IPOB people.
Common discernment, they can't exbhit.

Their desperation has blinded them from seeing the obvious truth starring them in their face.

If they continue this way, they will end up like MASSOB.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by superlightning: 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2018
pazienza:

One can't aggravate what is already at its maximum. Ikwerre Igbophobia has reached its maximum. It can't be aggravated furthe. Moreover, pointing it out cannot even aggravate it weren't already at its maximum, it would rather arm Ndiigbo and prepare us to tackle them better by redefining our relationship with Ndi Ikwerre.

It's not just politics. Every single Ikwerre man believes that Gowon is their liberator, whereas Ndiigbo were their oppressors and are still on a mission to start oppressing them again, if given the chance.
The stadium was named Liberation stadium in the first place, to celebrate their liberation from Igbo oppressors.
This was done after the war, so we could forgive them.
But for Wike to come and rename the stadium, Gowon stadium in 2017, while giving an Igbophobic speech that demonically presented Ndiigbo as oppressors who oppressed Ikwerre people and Rivers people in old Eastern region, you must know that things have not changed.
The story Wike told there, is exactly what Ikwerre commoners echo in their facebook pages. It's all too familiar.

Nazis had apologized for their role in Jewish pogrom, so what? Israelis should now start renaming infrastructures after Hitler?
Please spare me that talk. Non of those Igbo names sanctioned mass starvation against Nigerians. Non of them invaded Nigerians and bombed market places filled with market women and children, in bid to prevent food circulation and maintain starvation policy. Neither did they bomb Northern hospitals. Infact, I doubt you are even Igbo, I guess I'm replying you as an academic exercise.

Now I understand why people curse the mention of Igbo in their lexicon. People like you are the cause.

The sooner you free yourself from hate the better.

River state isn't an ikwerre-only state. Other tribes are there too. So they are a miniature Nigeria of some sort. Is port harcourt not in nigwria? So the structure can be named after any nigerian at any given point in time.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2018
superlightning:

Now I understand why people curse the mention of Igbo in their lexicon. People like you are the cause.

The sooner you free yourself from hate the better.

River state isn't an ikwerre-only state. Other tribes are there too. So they are a miniature Nigeria of some sort. Is port harcourt not in nigwria? So the structure can be named after any nigerian at any given point in time.

Keep deceiving yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OreMI22: 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2018
superlightning:

My brother, na i-too-know dey kill some of our brothers. Its incredible.

Let them go on hosting and see where it takes them.

What i don't understand is repeatedly saying he does not want to use their facilities. Then why do they matter to you if they are Igbos or not? If i don't care to use German ports and facilities, why keep hammering Germans on the internet until they accept they are Igbo?

I agreed with him that Igbo should develop our own facilities and homeland. But it does not mean we have to be everyone's enemy. You can very well develop your facility and people will queue up to come and live in Igboland.

People queue up to go to Europe and America because the facilities there are developed. Americans or Europeans don't need anyone to swear allegiance to Europe or America because those places aren't begging them. The only place begging you to swear allegiance to them are undeveloped places because they know nobody wants to be from there. That is why we MUST develop our own infrastructure in Igboland. - PERIOD!

2 Likes

Re: . by onuebonyi: 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
Lets go to Golden Tulip Agulu Lake Resort cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2018
pazienza:

No Igbo man or non Yoruba man can claim Yoruba in Lagos to win elections.
Infact, Yorubas have fought fiercely with any non Yoruba who tried to use the term "Lagosians" to identify themselves. They are not as naive as you want us to be.

Ikwerre as represented By Ogbako Ikwerre has said they are not Igbos. Celestine Omehia categorically said in Ogbako Ikwerre convention in 2017 that Ikwerre has no link with Ndiigbo, that they originated from Bini. Ogbako Ikwerre is not a political organization. It is a social cultural organization.
If any Ikwerre want Ndiigbo to identify with Ikwerre, then they should go talk to Ogbako Ikwerre people and agree with themselves, and when they are done, they should come out unanimously to give us their decision.
As it stands, Ikwerre is not Igbo, and there is no amount of cries, twisting and meandering you do on NL that will change that.
You and your ilks should stop deceiving and setting up Ndiigbo for ridicule and exploitation from Ikwerre persons and and other SS Igboid groups whose people are not Igbos. Ndiigbo will nolonger accept this.

Yorubas rejected vigorously attempts by Zik to pass off as a Lagosian and rule SW.

Whether Zik intentions were genuine or not genuine, the fact still remain that Yoruba national interests are better protected by one of them, and not a person with questionable loyalty. Simply giving your child Yoruba names or answering Yoruba names shouldn't be good enough. And same is applicable to Ikwerres.

They aren't Igbos. Any of your Ikwerre friends uncomfortable with this truth, should go and meet his Eze and Ogbako Ikwerre, and not Ndiigbo.

Dalu.

Politically, ikwerre isn't Igbo

Culturally, ikwerre is Igbo

This is as it stands now, don't add nor subtract from it.

If you know what "ogbako" is, you would stop belittling yourself.

Read your post again and see how your sense contradicts itself.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2018
Sometimes when I see my people talk like this am almost moved to tears.

I was born in Lagos but brought up in portharcourt before moving out to Akwa. These ikwerre people are not igbos, they dispise anything igbo with so much hate bitterness and venom, let me tell u guys another story.

I went to a shop own by an igbo man( may his soul rest in peace) to get something for my family, there was a little boy who was brought by the man to help in the shop, he spoke mostly igbo and little English.

Someone came before me so he was served first, the boy asked him what he wanted to buy mistakenly in igbo language and the guy said "no dey speak that una language for me abeg, I no be igbo", everybody was staring at him in shock including me cause I never expected such a crude reaction to someone speaking a language that is not yours to you.

That guys name is chimene and he is ikwerre.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by onuebonyi: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2018
The finest hospitality facility east of the Niger. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
OreMI22:

What i don't understand is repeatedly saying he does not want to use their facilities. Then why do they matter to you if they are Igbos or not? If i don't care to use German ports and facilities, why keep hammering Germans on the internet until they accept they are Igbo?

I agreed with him that Igbo should develop our own facilities and homeland. But it does not mean we have to be everyone's enemy. You can very well develop your facility and people will queue up to come and live in Igboland.

People queue up to go to Europe and America because the facilities there are developed. Americans or Europeans don't need anyone to swear allegiance to Europe or America because those places aren't begging them. The only place begging you to swear allegiance to them are undeveloped places because they know nobody wants to be from there. That is why we MUST develop our own infrastructure in Igboland. - PERIOD!

I'm with you my brother 100%. Don't mind pazienza's isolationist tendencies......e dey e body.
Re: . by onuebonyi: 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
Now lets GO cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by onuebonyi: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2018
Sit down and enjoy a 5 star meal cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by onuebonyi: 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
Lets swim cheesy

3 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
superlightning:

Politically, ikwerre isn't Igbo

Culturally, ikwerre is Igbo

This is as it stands now, don't add nor subtract from it.

If you know what "ogbako" is, you would stop belittling yourself.

Read your post again and see how your sense contradicts itself.

Ikwerre is either Igbo or its not. And as it stands, Ikwerre is not Igbo. There is nothing like culturally Igbo. You are either Igbo, or you are not, it's that simple.
Stop your deceptions. It wouldn't work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by frankfrancis871: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
basilo101:
Niger
ok
Re: . by xfactor23: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

They will tell you to your face and go back and continue their I am not Igbo stance.

Some of you just don't get it.
If the chiefs are saying so, how come their masses aren't? Obviously, it's a scam
Don't blame the Ikwerres alone, we also played a part to their Igbo denial.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2018
xfactor23:

Don't blame the Ikwerres alone, we also played a part to their Igbo denial.

Really? What part did you play in their denial?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OreMI22: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:
Now lets GO cheesy

Thanks for the fresh breath of fresh air in this thread. Please keep it coming!

This is EXACTLY what we need in Igboland - MODERN DEVELOPMENT!

If you are able to develop yourself, everybody including people from Chad will claim they are Igbos if you meet them in China.

But nobody will accept they are Igbo unless the area is developed and worthy of pride. That is the key underlining factor our young internet warriors have failed to understand. Even people from backward villages deny their village in Lagos, talkmore deny an ethnic group if you know it brings you advantage and respect to do so.

1 Like

Re: . by superlightning: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
Tushkito:
Sometimes when I see my people talk like this am almost moved to tears.

I was born in Lagos but brought up in portharcourt before moving out to Akwa. These ikwerre people are not igbos, they dispise anything igbo with so much hate bitterness and venom, let me tell u guys another story.

I went to a shop own by an igbo man( may his soul rest in peace) to get something for my family, there was a little boy who was brought by the man to help in the shop, he spoke mostly igbo and little English.

Someone came before me so he was served first, the boy asked him what he wanted to buy mistakenly in igbo language and the guy said "no dey speak that una language for me abeg, I no be igbo", everybody was staring at him in shock including me cause I never expected such a crude reaction to someone speaking a language that is not yours to you.

That guys name is chimene and he is ikwerre.

A sick brother should not be completely neglected. If his reaction to you is what made you change towards other ikwerre, then its unfortunate.

Hear my own story:

I served in birnin-kebbi as a corper. Because the number of Igbo corpers were not much, we valued our day to day meetings. Ikechi, an ikwerre guy openly rejected being called Igbo, unknown to him, a elderly Hausa man heard. The Hausa man called his attention to hear his stance again in order to be sure he heard ikechi correctly. Ikechi repeated it again. The Hausa man laughed mockingly at ikechi, saying "ikechi, I sabi port Harcourt well well, this war and politics don't finish una brain well well.... To us, you be Igbo. We sabi una people tey tey".

Do you know ikechi was so ashamed of himself? He had to begin to explain that it was his parents that told him to reject being called Igbo. That igbos are not well favored in Nigeria.

So my brother, at best ignore them, but don't hate them. Don't beg them. Just ignore them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
frankfrancis871:
Ok I will try..
There are many Igbos in the north, I was born and brought up in Nasarawa. Let me tell you something, every election Igbos run back to their homeland to prevent death because they can just start killing Igbos over any unwarranted little annoyance like the quit notice. I will focus on how we escape death in north even though it is good for business e.g the october quit notice

2017 was the first year I hear about Nnamdi Kanu and how serious agitation for Biafra was but I showed less interest until the quit notice. Most Igbos were scared to death and most just smiled and we went about our normal business and work without fear. We are used to been butchered and nothing will happen, the only thing we controlled there is the economic. Many people sent their wife and children home, many returned, my mum was scared to death. She got thinner of this because of how she lost her father during the pogrom in 1966 and grow up an orphan, I wanted to return with her but changed my mind. Many Igbos urged their brethren to calm down and that nothing will happen. When I go to the street you see people discussing this matter, some felt bad for us but most wanted us out of their lives. They believe we have dominated them enough, you will see little children less than 12 discussing how they will stab Igbos with knife and take whatever they wanted from our shops

please note that not all of them hates Igbos but all of them suffer from Igbophobia.

I will continue when I get your permissions, I need Igbos in east and west to see how things are with Igbos here.
please continue
Re: . by xfactor23: 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
pazienza:

Really? What part did you play in their denial?
I no get strength abeg. They are not Igbos, are you fine now cool
Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
superlightning:

A sick brother should not be completely neglected. If his reaction to you is what made you change towards other ikwerre, then its unfortunate.

Hear my own story:

I served in birnin-kebbi as a corper. Because the number of Igbo corpers were not much, we valued our day to day meetings. Ikechi, an ikwerre guy openly rejected being called Igbo, unknown to him, a elderly Hausa man heard. The Hausa man called his attention to hear his stance again in order to be sure he heard ikechi correctly. Ikechi repeated it again. The Hausa man laughed mockingly at ikechi, saying "ikechi, I sabi port Harcourt well well, this war and politics don't finish una brain well well.... To us, you be Igbo. We sabi una people tey tey".

Do you know ikechi was so ashamed of himself? He had to begin to explain that it was his parents that told him to reject being called Igbo. That igbos are not well favored in Nigeria.

So my brother, at best ignore them, but don't hate them. Don't beg them. Just ignore them.

We don't hate them. We are simply saying they are not Igbo. And would never be allowed to represent us in any thing.
It's as simple as that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by onuebonyi: 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
Sit here and have a view of the lake and breeze cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
pazienza:

Ikwerre is either Igbo or its not. And as it stands, Ikwerre is not Igbo. There is nothing like culturally Igbo. You are either Igbo, or you are not, it's that simple.

Well most researchers and social scientists are with me on this one.

Keep your opinion to your fellow Enugu kinsmen, no abia or IMO person will reject any ikwerre man who has identified himself as Igbo.

We are still healing as a people. Your hate won't stop the healing.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
xfactor23:

I no get strength abeg. They are not Igbos, are you fine now cool

Yes! IKWERRE ARE NOT IGBOS.

The above fact can not be overemphasized.
It must be preached, and drummed into the ears of every living Igbo youth, until it becomes part and parcel of us.

It's a divine task that must be done.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
superlightning:

Hear my own story:

Of course I ignore them, I have been ignoring them for a long time, I grew up there but some igbos don't seem to get the memo.

We need to build our land so that none of this ikwerre nonsense will ever come up again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by GuyWise(m): 2:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
pazienza:

We now have cultural Igbo and political Igbo, chai wonders shall never end.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OreMI22: 2:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
Tushkito:

Of course I ignore them, I have been ignoring them for long time, I grew up there but some igbos don't seem to get the memo.

We need to build our land so that none of this ikwerre nonsense will ever come up again.

GBAM!

superlightning:

Hear my own story:

Most of them did so after the war thinking it would give them so advantage against the defeated Igbos.

Even Sunday Oliseh that denied Igbo so he wouldn't be sacked from the national team, was the shortest serving national team coach on record.

Again, we don't need these people and we definitely DON"T NEED THEM TO PROFESS BEING IGBO.

We need to develop Igboland to the extent that all Africans and peoples will say "Wow!, I wish i were Igbo. Even with all their adversity, they still transformed into a developed nation in Africa".

We can do it if we look for a way to make doing business easy in the SE. The first step is to build an efficient transport system. The second is to tackle epileptic power generation and distribution in the zone.

Sometimes, we need political capital to allow us to build the railway and gas pipelines we need. That is where every ordinary Igbo person has a duty to vote for the right candidates that will allow some limited power to the states to build critical infrastructure. I cannot understand how States can build airports but not statewide railway lines that join up to the national railway network.

3 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
superlightning:

Keep your opinion to your fellow Enugu kinsmen, no abia or IMO person will reject any ikwerre man who has identified himself as Igbo.

Lol! Abia and Imo people hate Ikwerres even more.
I lived in Aba for four years.
Abians/Imo people have been direct reciepients of Ikwerre Igbophobia, they are their neighbors. They know Ikwerres better and can never call Ikwerre people Igbos.

It's even naive Igbos from Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi that mistake Ikwerres for Igbos

Brother, forget this argument. No matter how good a lawyer is, he can't expect to defend the indefensible and win.

What you have been doing so far, is furtile attempt at defending the indefensible.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by frankfrancis871: 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
please continue
Many of my posts are here, check it out sir. I will continue after you're true sir.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
GuyWise:

We now have cultural Igbo and political Igbo, chai wonders shall never end.

Ikegwuru.

Soon we will have "election period" Igbos ( ie those that become Igbos during election campaigns). Monday Igbos, , Abroad Igbos ( Those Ikwerres and co who become Igbos the moment they travel abroad, and have to join Igbo organizations to stand, because there aren't Ikwerre ones around, but quickly revert to their "we no be Ibo" mantra , once back to Nigeria).
Some of them are even beginning to tell us that Igbo is not an ethnic group, but just a language group, Inukwa!

This is how much we have allowed the Igbo tag to be degraded.
And we wonder why no one ever takes us serious any longer.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by superlightning: 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
pazienza:

Lol! Abia and Imo people hate Ikwerres even more.
I lived in Aba for four years.
Abians/Imo people have been direct reciepients of Ikwerre Igbophobia. They know Ikwerres better and can never call Ikwerre people Igbos.

It's even naive Igbos from Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi that mistake Ikwerres for Igbos

Brother, forget this argument. No matter how good a lawyer is, he can't expect to defend the indefensible and win.

What you have been doing so far, is furtile attempt at defending the indefensible.

Defend what? This is not a argumentative tournament.

We abuse ikwerre people. We sometimes downplay them. But we NEVER and I repeat, NEVER, reject those who identify as Igbo.

So I suspect your Aba story as dubious.
Re: . by GuyWise(m): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2018
superlightning:

Now, it is time you stop this your nonsense, I am from Abia State Isiala Ngwa to be precised if I tell you how I was disgraced in Abuja by two Ikwerre guys you will doubt me.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.