Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,929 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

. - Politics (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (580504 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by NonsoWow: 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
pazienza:

If Atiku picks a SW VP, he would have committed political suicide.

I wouldn't campaign for Buhari either. I would campaign we tone down our antagonism towards Buhari and allow him finish his tenure.
What would happen should Atiku pick a SW would be that IPOB " no election " message would resonate more on the presidential elections day. Voters apathy would be high.

PDP wouldn't be able to rig using absentee voters, as APC currently control the rigging machinery.
Buhari would record landslide victory, and maybe, seeing we were no hindrance to his ascension, his antagonism towards SE would perhaps decrease. So, it wouldn't be an entirely lose-lose scenario.

Maybe after this, in 2023, PDP would take the region serious.

This is the mindset I expect from Igbos languishing with PDP.
Re: . by hammer6F: 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
pazienza:

Very hilarious grin

We will use SS people like Cjrane, NnamdiJonathan, ChinenyeN, Aniomafirstson, Ikenna as willing tools. grin

We are already in and then the plan commence.

We have left them long enough, it is time we gave dem a taste of their own medicine and start toying with dem.
Re: . by superlightning: 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
hammer6F:

We will use SS people like Cjrane, NnamdiJonathan, ChinenyeN, Aniomafirstson, Ikenna as willing tools. grin

We are already in and then the plan commence.

ChinenyeN si na-obu onye ngwa.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2018
Funnicator:

Sounds meaningful to me

I pity Atiku really, it is really a tough choice

But this afonja really want to reap where they did not sow.

PDP they have abused and voted out all their governors even Fayose, is what they are fighting for the VP now. They have no single PDP governor. All Yoruba strong men are in ApC. And yet they want SW VP.

Give them the SW VP under PDP, they'll still divide the presidential vote; they never vote in block, on the other hand, voter apathy in the East.

SMH

It's not a tough choice. It's an easy choice.

APC would win Yorubaland regardless of who Atiku pick as VP. But if he slights the SE by picking a VP outside the zone, he would lose the zone entirely.

Telling Atiku to pick SW VP to divide Buhari votes in SW, is as good as telling Buhari to pick an Igbo VP in 2015, to divide GEJ Igbo support.

It's political suicide, and those making such suggestions to Atiku are those who don't mean well for him.

6 Likes

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Some of you embarrass me sometimes.

Sb said he isn't Igbo and came here to insult you, yet you gave him 3 pages of attention to rant, in the name of arguments?
SMH. I mean that Pablo whatever.

And this guy that keeps saying, I will accept Ikwerre that are Igbo and leave the ones who aren't. Are you listening to yourself?
Why does the ball have to be in Ikwerres' court, to decide to be Igbo and when to be Igbo? It's not your job to do acceptance, you are the majority group for God's sake.
So, if an Ikwerre decide to be Igbo today, I should accept. If he says he isn't tomorrow, I will leave him.
If he turns to say he is Igbo again, I accept him.
Jokers.
Igbo people are now house helps that depend on the mood of their masters to determine whether sth good will come to them or not. IPOB Biafra will only make Igbos perpetual ' placaters' of Ikwerre people, so that they won't leave .
And one will think that the people that will be using us to play ludo are better people
o, but no. It's actually Ikwerre people whose highest human achievement alive is Tonto Dike.

I see lack of esteem and pride playing out.
You can never have an Ikwerre friend, who is Igbo. An Ikwerre can accept to be Igbo instantly to enjoy your friendship, back home, he is not selling land to Igbo till hunger sets in.

Once again, jokers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammer6F: 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
pazienza:

It's not a tough choice. It's an easy choice.

APC would win Yorubaland regardless of who Atiku pick as VP. But if he slights the SE by picking a VP outside the zone, he would lose the zone entirely.

Telling Atiku to pick SW VP to divide Buhari votes in SW, is as good as telling Buhari to pick an Igbo VP in 2015, to divide GEJ Igbo support.

It's political suicide, and those making such suggestions to Atiku are those who don't mean well for him.

Maybe Atiku thinks he is now an Igbo man.

Yoruba muslims will always vote Buhari just like the Almajiri North.

Atiku only hope in SW is Yoruba Christians, much of who attend RCCG.

Buhari VP is a Pastor with RCCG.

Yoruba will never give Atiku a block vote.

The emergence of Atiku as PDP candidate was on the back of SE who rallied delegate from certain SS states and middlebelt.

Yoruba never wanted Atiku.

FFK went with Kwankwaso.

Fayosi went with Tambuwal.

OBJ never wanted him till tomorrow

Yoruba want the VP so Atiku will lose the election. They never wanted him anyway.

3 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Sb said he isn't Igbo and came here to insult you, yet you gave him 3 pages of attention to rant, in the name of arguments?

And this guy that keeps saying, I will accept Ikwerre that are Igbo and leave the ones who aren't. Are you listening to yourself?
Why does the ball have to be in Ikwerres' court, to decide to be Igbo and when to be Igbo? It's not your job to do acceptance, you are the majority group for God's sake.
So, if an Ikwerre decide to be Igbo today, I should accept. If he says he isn't tomorrow, I will leave him.
Jokers.
Igbo people are now house helps that depend on the mood of their masters to determine whether sth good will come to them or not. IPOB Biafra will only make Igbos perpetual ' placaters' of Ikwerre people, so that they won't leave .
And one will think that the people that will be using us to play ludo are better people
o, but no. It's actually Ikwerre people whose highest human achievement alive is Tonto Dike.

You can never have an Ikwerre friend, who is Igbo. An Ikwerre can accept to be Igbo instantly to enjoy your friendship, back home, he is not selling land to Igbo till hunger sets in.

Once again, jokers.

To respond to you is like trying to do you a favor.

That said, only ikwerre who have been consistent within and in the open about their igboness are the ones to be embraced.... Nobody is stupid enough to be toyed with. You don't know these ones. I have seen them.

Till tomorrow Igbo still purchase land in ikwerreland. Enough of repeating this issue. Igwuocha bu alaigbo. Stick to your opinion, let me stick to mine.

By the way, this pride you talk about is in your pocket. Nobody needs it.

I won't change my stance. END THIS MATTER O....
Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
hammer6F:

Maybe Atiku thinks he is now an Igbo man.

Yoruba muslims will always vote Buhari just like the Almajiri North.

Atiku only hope in SW is Yoruba Christians, much of who attend RCCG.

Buhari VP is a Pastor with RCCG.

Yoruba will never give Atiku a block vote.

The emergence of Atiku as PDP candidate was on the back of SE who rallied delegate from certain SS states and middlebelt.

Yoruba never wanted Atiku.

FFK went with Kwankwaso.

Fayosi went with Tambuwal.

OBJ never wanted him till tomorrow

Yoruba want the VP so Atiku will lose the election. They never wanted him anyway.

Why not. You lots out of your emotional attachments to Igbophobic entities, had degraded the Igbo tag. Any opportunist can always acquire an Igbo name and come and tell us they are Igbo, all in bid to shortchange, use and dump us.
You and your ilks are to blame for this.
Atiku must be fancying his chance of becoming an "election period" Igbo, remember they have told us here that we have Cultural Igbos and political Igbos. And then Cultural Igbos who are not political Igbos.
You lots have created opportunity where impostors can easily exploit us. I had already seen a picture where Atiku was addressed as Atiku Ekpereamaka Ikechukwu and other funny names. Soon Atiku would land to Igboland on Isiagu and one of those hungry warrant chiefs turned Eze/Igwe would give him one useless Igbo title. And then boom! Atiku becomes Igbo.

Ife Ndiozo melu Igbo ajoka, mana ife Igbo melu onwe ha,ka njo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Jokers.

Once again, jokers.

My brother, I tire. These people are bereft of group esteem, pride and dignity. It's depressing and at same time unsettling.

I can only shake my head.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
superlightning:

To respond to you is like trying to do you a favor.

That said, only ikwerre who have been consistent within and in the open about their igboness are the ones to be embraced.... Nobody is stupid enough to be toyed with. You don't know these ones. I have seen them.

Till tomorrow Igbo still purchase land in ikwerreland. Enough of repeating this issue. Igwuocha bu alaigbo. Stick to your opinion, let me stick to mine.

By the way, this pride you talk about is in your pocket. Nobody needs it.

I won't change my stance. END THIS MATTER O....

Enyia. Jee dono Odu.

Ph, is not Alaigbo. It's Ikwerre-Ijaw land. Stop spreading baseless falsehood here.

Igbos purchase lands even in Sokoto, what does that have to do with anything?

3 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
pazienza:

Why not. You lots out of your emotional attachments to Igbophobic entities, had degraded the Igbo tag. Any opportunist can always acquire an Igbo name and come and tell us they are Igbo, all in bid to shortchange, use and dump us.
Atiku must be fancying his chance of becoming an "election period" Igbo, remember they have told us here that we have Cultural Igbos and political Igbos. And then Cultural Igbos who are not political Igbos.
You lots have created opportunity were impostors can easily exploit us. I had already seen a picture where Atiku was addressed as Atiku Ekpereamaka Ikechukwu and other funny names. Soon Atiku would land to Igboland on Isiagu and one of those hungry warrant chiefs turned Eze/Igwe would give him one useless Igbo title. And voila, Atiku becomes Igbo.

SE state only is political Igbo in Nigeria of today. Asaba, agbor, kwale, obigbo, ikwerre is SS politically, not SE.

SE and some SS communities are ALL culturally Igbo.
Re: . by superlightning: 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
pazienza:

Enyia. Jee dono Odu.

Ph, is not Alaigbo. It's Ikwerre-Ijaw land. Stop spreading baseless falsehood here.

Igbos purchase lands even in Sokoto, what does that have to do with anything?

Your friend said Igbo are not allowed to purchase land in portharcout. That's a lie.

You will soon get tired with your port-harcourt-not-igbo falsehood
Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
superlightning:

SE state only is political Igbo in Nigeria of today. Asaba, agbor, kwale, obigbo, ikwerre is SS politically, not SE.

SE and some SS communities are culturally Igbo.

Another heap of thrash.

Nothing like culturally or politically Igbo.
You are either Igbo or you are not.

Infact. The Way you are dragging this issue. I'm beginning to question your true motives here .
Remember I had earlier surmised that you aren't Igbo.
All you have done so far is confirm my suspicions.

See how Bede2u had let it go, but you wouldn't.

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
superlightning:

Your friend said Igbo are not allowed to purchase land in portharcout. That's a lie.

You will soon get tired with your port-harcourt-not-igbo falsehood

Igbos are not allowed to purchase lands in Omoku. Many Igbos see the entire Rivers state urbanship as PH.

I can't get tired of stating the fact. It's you who for whatever agenda you have, Maybe to prevent Ndiigbo from looking inwards and developing our homeland, that keep pushing the falsehood of Ph being Igboland.
Even colonial documents have been provided here showing Ijaw and Ikwerre owners of the land, yet you wouldn't stop.
Better stop it already.

3 Likes

Re: . by hammer6F: 12:01am On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

You lots have created opportunity were impostors can easily exploit us. I had already seen a picture where Atiku was addressed as Atiku Ekpereamaka Ikechukwu and other funny names. Soon Atiku would land to Igboland on Isiagu and one of those hungry warrant chiefs turned Eze/Igwe would give him one useless Igbo title. And voila, Atiku becomes Igbo.

lollz!

The issue has been long running.

We together have a responsibility to fix it.

Whoever Atiku picks will be responsible for Atiku failure at the polls.

Let him go and choose a SW, we will simply sit in our house and boycott the election.

Buhari wont benefit anything from that, let the SW now choose between Atiku and Buhari.
Re: . by hammer6F: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2018
In politics, all u need is media to state the terms and conditions so all is aware.

At the end of the day, Yoruba will carry all the balme once again.
Re: . by superlightning: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Another heap of thrash.

Nothing like culturally or politically Igbo.
You are either Igbo or you are not.

Infact. The Way you are dragging this issue. I'm beginning to question your true motives here .
Remember I had earlier surmised that you aren't Igbo.
All you have done so far is confirm my suspicions.

See how Bede2u had let it go, but you wouldn't.

Whatever you think is your damn business.

ASABA, OBIGBO, ETC, ISNT "IGBO" GEOPOLITICALLY, THEY ARE CLASSIFIED SOUTH-SOUTH IN NUGERIA'S POLITICS. That's why you can't call delta or river states as Igbo states.

OHANEZE IS PRIMARILY SE, BUT ALSO HAVE SS EXTENSIONS.

HOWEVER, TGEY ARE ALL NDIGBO BY CULTURE AND TRADITION.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:04am On Oct 10, 2018
superlightning:

Whatever you think is your damn business.

ASABA, OBIGBO, ETC, ISNT "IGBO" GEOPOLITICALLY, THEY ARE CLASSIFIED SOUTH-SOUTH IN NUGERIA'S POLITICS. That's why you can't call delta or river states as Igbo states.

OHANEZE IS PRIMARILY SE, BUT ALSO HAVE SS EXTENSIONS.

HOWEVER, TGEY ARE ALL NDIGBO BY CULTURE AND TRADITION.

Load of nonsense.
Keep blowing your little cover.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by superlightning: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Igbos are not allowed to purchase lands in Omoku. Many Igbos are the entire Rivers state urbanship as PH.

I can't get tired of stating the fact. It's you who for whatever agenda you have, Maybe to prevent Ndiigbo from looking inwards and developing our homeland, that keep pushing the falsehood of Ph being Igboland.
Even colonial documents have been provided here showing Ijaw and Ikwerre owners of the land, yet you wouldn't stop.
Better stop it already.

I stood with you with regards to AIIA at Enugu, but I didn't know that your true intention was to downplay PH as alaigbo.

Igwuocha bu alaigbo. I will sing it to your stubborn ears na ubochi ni-ile. Lol.....
Re: . by superlightning: 12:08am On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Load of nonsense.
Keep blowing your little cover.

Nke-ahu gbasara gi.

Onto the next one....
Re: . by superlightning: 12:13am On Oct 10, 2018
Mr. I-too-know

Learn ..... Learn o......pazienza

GeoPOLITICALLY, only the 5 southeast states are "Igbo" states

But CULTURALLY, it transcends to Delta, and river states.

Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:17am On Oct 10, 2018
superlightning:
Mr. I-too-know

Learn ..... Learn o......pazienza

You are not Igbo.

I have a policy of not replying non Igbos here , to avoid derailing this thread . I just noticed what you are up for is to derail this thread. You are henceforth, ignored. You wouldn't get any reply from me again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by superlightning: 12:18am On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

You are not Igbo.

I have a policy of not replying non Igbos here , to avoid derailing this thread . I just noticed what you are up for is to derail this thread. You are henceforth, ignored. You wouldn't get any reply from me again.

Je gbu onweghi...

Impostor. Agent of division.

Port Harcourt bu alaigbo.....
Re: . by OMANBALA1: 12:52am On Oct 10, 2018
superlightning:

Je gbu onweghi...

Impostor. Agent of division.

Port Harcourt bu alaigbo.....

What is wrong with this person??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 12:58am On Oct 10, 2018
Funnicator:

True. I'm from Ebonyi North. Ohaukwu in particular and some of my childhood friends answered Okeke.

90% Okekes' you will run into are from Anambra. Just like Enugu bear Ugwu, Ebonyi Onwe, Imo Duru, Abia Kalu. Just because few people you know are Okeke doesn't mean anything. There are over 20 Okeke in Umuoji alone.

1 Like

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 1:01am On Oct 10, 2018
pazienza:

Okeke is used in Enugu, Ebonyi North and Central, and Anambra.
Okereke is used in Imo, Abia and Ebonyi South .

Why do you sound like you don't know the vast majority of Okeke are from Anambra?? That guy you quoted was somewhat right. I have never seen Okeke from Ebonyi, Enugu yes .

1 Like

Re: . by ariesbull: 2:21am On Oct 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Why do you sound like you don't know the vast majority of Okeke are from Anambra?? That guy you quoted was somewhat right. I have never seen Okeke from Ebonyi, Enugu yes .

I know of okeke from ebonyi but never seen okeke from.imo or abia
Re: . by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 10, 2018
OMANBALA1:

90% Okekes' you will run into are from Anambra. Just like Enugu bear Ugwu, Ebonyi Onwe, Imo Duru, Abia Kalu. Just because few people you know are Okeke doesn't mean anything. There are over 20 Okeke in Umuoji alone.

Nawa for you! Something weh no suppose drag argument go drag argument and possibly war from some of una.

Okay Okeke is peculiar to Anambra alone and little Ebonyi people answer it.

I hope your tummy is full now.

1 Like

Re: . by PabloAfricanus(m): 3:45am On Oct 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

You really love to ramble on out of context, don't you. I won't even bother addressing the comical, preening narcissism and the delusion that high school level history is some profound knowledge. grin You're talking about Nigerian geopolitics and Fulani "diplomacy" and what they "had to offer", which on being asked to put some meat on your vague claims, you started digressing into irrelevancies.

Northerners learnt to accede to Fulani rule by force of conquest. And everywhere this status quo is tested in the North, it's met by brutal cycles of violence. Every human being is diplomatic, recognizing the need for a rules-based society that avoids violent conflict as much as possible. There is not a group in Nigeria without this quality, but it is possessed to varying degrees. To claim that we have any lesson to learn from Fulanis (a demonstrably blood-thirsty, power-obsessed group) in diplomacy is laughable nonsense and would show you know nothing about the structures of Igbos society. Northerners acceding to this Fulani dominance says more about the group characteristics of the ethnicities there (especially the Hausa) and the dynamics of their relationship with Fulanis. The Northern leadership's refusal to move away from its pre-colonial feudal legacy is nothing worth emulating and I don't quite see its relevance here on how to advance our goals.
I still can't fathom the contradiction in you coming here getting all worked up over someone's comment about forcefully subsuming an Igboid group and their territory into the larger Igbo nation AND YET telling us to take our cues from Fulanis, whose entire history and legacy in Nigeria is one of land-grabbing and conquest. Do you have a logically coherent ideology to tell us or you're just here to troll?

Lol the point went direct over your head didn't it?
Ok, I agree. Fulani bad, Igbo good.
Fulani grab land, steal land, shed blood, kill people, very bad.
Igbo no grab land, no steal land, no shed blood, no kill people, very good.
Just like I told you earlier, you lack the historical background to think through this.

Consider these.

The Igbos had no kindgom, empire or organized political system. Just like you noted, they only had hamlets and clans.
That means the Igbos never played power politics, state politics nor court politics with ANY of the minorities in the south.
They simply do not have that kind of relationship with Igbos either as a clan or as a political unit. At best, what some minorities dealt with were prominent Igbo clans like Aros.

When the Nigerian state forced both Igbos and the minorities to modernize, thereby forming political entities from previously autonomous clans and hamlets, the Igbos still never had a historical relationship of diplomacy or political engagements with these minorities. To them, Igbos were the closest clans who spoke Igbo and that was that.

Your mistake is in comparing Igbos to Fulanis and drawing parallels from it. How naive. Fulanis are not in the same class as Igbos. Military wise, politics wise and cultural wise, Fulanis have evolved more advanced structures than Igbos. Take court politics for example, as an Igbo you'd be forgiven for not being able to relate to the idea of a Gwandu court sending ambassadors to a Bini court, Oyo court or Kanem court.
That is how states, kingdoms and empires evolved to engage each other. Diplomacy is a fundamental part of the engagement, or that failing military engagement.

Igbos on the other hand, have no political interface, platform, system or culture to effectively engage with Ijaws, Ikwerres, Efiks, Ibibios, Kalabaris, Ogojas, Uhrobos, Idomas, Binis and other ethnic groups.

The British had to install warrant chiefs for them.
The only Igbo speaking clans with organized leadership were Bini influenced ones like Aboh, Onitsha, Ikas and the Aros. The larger Igbo peoples were a stateless people. These are historical facts.

If Igbos have to engage successfully with other minorities or with other big players in the country, they need to be able to build political institutions that can interface with them.
Igbos cannot use the force of arms, as they never conquered anyone and none of their neighbors can relate to an Igbo army or invading force.
They cannot use threats of colonization as that is equally strange to their neighbors who find such talk very funny.
They also cannot appeal to historical sentiments like intermarriage, as group sentiments will override that just like the case of the Ijaws and Ikwerres.

Replace Igbos with Bini, Yoruba or Fulani and you see a different picture emerges.
The Oba of Bini can dispatch court officials to Ekiti, Itshekiri, Lagos, Ife, Oyo, Igalla, Nupe, Ijebu, Iselle Uku and effectively communicate what the Bini policy on any issue is.
The Ooni or Alaafin can send chiefs to Gwandu, Ilorin, Bini, Ashanti or Dahome courts and state in clear terms what the Yoruba policy on say the price of garri is.
If it has to come to a show of force when diplomatic overtures fail, an army can be raised to enforce compliance like in precolonial times.

Igbos do not have such political systems or structures, just individuals migrating and trading.
Igbos need to learn how effectively interact in a modern political setup. This gives other ethnic groups a handle to effectively engage with.

wheeew, another history lesson. cry
Hopefully you can make sense of it.
Thank me later.
Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 4:37am On Oct 10, 2018
PabloAfricanus, though I get your point with your last post, I must say, the actual content in your post interferes with that point. Yes, it can essentially be said that Igbo cannot engage in national politics effectively, but I'd hazard to say that it is not for the reasons you expounded upon here.

3 Likes

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 5:32am On Oct 10, 2018
ChinenyeN:
PabloAfricanus, though I get your point with your last post, I must say, the actual content in your post interferes with that point. Yes, it can essentially be said that Igbo cannot engage in national politics effectively, but I'd hazard to say that it is not for the reasons you expounded upon here.
u guys allow fools to insult igbos and reply them diplomatically.

The yorubas today cant tell u if alafin or ooni is the overall youruba ruler. The binis are little more than an igbo hamlet who got popular because of their arts...the fulanis are ppl who only became popular wen uthman dan fodio led a rag tag militia to infiltrate hausa hamlets which are now called hausa states (for the delusion of sophistication.)

Pray tell...which institution in nigeria is older than nri kings and geneology?

The nri kings spread their empire without violence and freed slaves under their empire. Nri used omu (tender palm leaves) as national symbol. Ask this maga up there wat the national symbol of his gwandu and bini courts were. The nri odinani religion is still very prevalent today. Ask this bonobo up there where gwandu religion is.

The person known to have done the most in making ikwere a seperate entity from igbo is elechi amadi. He himself said that the aro empire which was a small village in the niger delta region controlled 4 out of the 8 stools tru which the people there in niger delta related at the time in a court arrangement under a confederacy which history calls Aro confederacy. Yet someone is convincing u that we never evolved kingdoms.

Do northern igbos ever think that the british came at a time the nri empire was waning down? Do they not realise that nri empire efectively gave the northern igbos their culture of today. And that they must have wielded enamourse influence in their own way? Simply because as at today italy is a struggling country doesnt mean it wasnt the home of the roman empire which once ruled the world

The only reason idiots like the fool up there insults igbos is because we lost a war.
The japanese once colonised china. They were a power to behold and even invaded u.s (hawaii) in ww2. America not only beat them up but threw the only atom bomb used in a war in their land. It got so bad that america forced them to declare never to start or join a war again unless they are attacked.
20 yrs after their mighty humiliation, they became the 2nd largest economy in the world. Igbos will rise and shame fools like this guy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by PabloAfricanus(m): 5:42am On Oct 10, 2018
ChinenyeN:

Actually my points stand, at least the way I see it.
But if you insist, I'd be willing to learn why.

Let's leave the questions about carving up minorities into unwilling and unsolicited unions for now.

Can you honestly breakdown for me why the Igbos have not been able to form a political block with minorities in the South?

Are you aware the Amachrees in Kalabari can be said to be essentially Igbo?
Just like the Ikwerres who were complicit in kicking the Igbos out of PH after the war?
Why are the Ijaws despite very heavy intermarriage, as lots of Ijaws are half Igbo, very hostile to all things Igbo?
Why do they consistently work against any Igbo cause or firmly resist any grounds for political engagements with Igbos?
Why do the Anioma peoples despite their very well known Igbo origins never seem to be able to make the hand shake across the Niger work?
Why do they all look up to smaller groups like the Binis and Fulanis when they have a bigger group they have shared history with?
And why are Igbos so confused about their place in Nigerian politics?

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.