Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,734 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

. - Politics (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (584439 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by raker300: 4:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
Enugu

11 Likes

Re: . by raker300: 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
New road, nteje anambra

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
Uli, anambra; new road

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
raker300:
Anambra, clearing of illegal traders at onitsha

Good job with obiano. I like what I am seeing.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
raker300:
Enugu

Enugu is truely a resilient city.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ph

5 Likes

Re: . by raker300: 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
horsepower101:

Enugu is truely a resilient city.
true.

Albeit the milking hill road is falling apart..

Enugu is doing well privately, govt is useless

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
Funnicator:

Umahi weh don finish 3 flyovers in the space of 3 years alongside more than 10 cement roads(not asphalt). grin

And is now building a mall designed after a Dubai mall.

Umahi's cement roads are too narrow.
The glass tunnel is nowhere near completion
The governor has not shown us his work in most rural communities across the state.
The governor has not shown us his work in the public health and education sectors of the state.
What has he done in connecting most parts of ebonyi state to the national power grid?
What has he done in providing portable water supply in Abakaliki talkless of other communities?
How many indigenous and foreign investments has he attracted to the state?
Has Ebonyi state's IGR witnessed growth since his inception into power?
What has he done in boosting ICT literacy amongst the Youths of Ebonyi state?
Ebonyi state still ranks very low with some backward northern states in human development index, poverty index, education index, access to internet and electricity etc and some people are here over hyping Umahi. Smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by FantasyHub: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
Trapping:

Stop playing into the hands of Yoruba junk media. What umahi did was just purely political and it is not to be unexpected. The good thing is that he and other (stupid) govs have seen that their plans are not only unpopular but anti people. We have won this round, now is the time to think of how to mobilize at least 80% of SE and SS votes for Atiku/Obi.

U have a good level of understanding, @ Osagyefo98 is unnecessarily bitter. No state in the SE has more political might than the other.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
FantasyHub:

U have a good level of understanding, @ Osagyefo98 is unnecessarily bitter. No state in the SE has more political might than the other.

Alright sire.
Re: . by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
raker300:
true.

It actually isn't, I go through that road everyweek, they are doing some constructions on it to raise the side fence a little bit, for safety purpose it seems, that's why the road looks dusty
Re: . by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
I will may go through the milken road tomorrow, I will show pictures of workers there
Re: . by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Umahi's cement roads are too narrow.
The glass tunnel is nowhere near completion
The governor has not shown us his work in most rural communities across the state.
The governor has not shown us his work in the public health and education sectors of the state.
What has he done in connecting most parts of ebonyi state to the national power grid?
What has he done in providing portable water supply in Abakaliki talkless of other communities?
How many indigenous and foreign investments has he attracted to the state?
Has Ebonyi state's IGR witnessed growth since his inception into power?
What has he done in boosting ICT literacy amongst the Youths of Ebonyi state?
Ebonyi state still ranks very low with some backward northern states in human development index, poverty index, education index, access to internet and electricity etc and some people are here over hyping Umahi. Smh

Oga, it's just 3 years into his tenure and Abakaliki the state capital is wearing a better and more modern outlook.

3 years into his tenure with Ebonyi's lean purse and you want him to achieve all that?

He is doing not bad, and will round off good and the next governor will continue wherever he stops, governance is a continuous system and everything can't be addressed to, to a satisfactory level all at onxe8, especially if you have a lean purse as Ebonyi.

With the meagre wealth available to him. He's done well.

Btw Abakaliki capital now enjoys potable water supply at least twice every week. There are functioning water plans in the state.

The glass tunnel is what he just started after finishing the 3 flyovers in November last year, he will round up in time.

As for investors, nigercem will soon commence operation in Nkalagu once their factory is fully refixed. Right now it's under serious construction .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
Funnicator:

Oga, it's just 3 years into his tenure and Abakaliki the state capital is wearing a better and more modern outlook.

3 years into his tenure with Ebonyi's lean purse and you want him to achieve all that?

He is doing not bad, and will round off good and the next governor will continue wherever he stops, governance is a continuous system and everything can't be addressed to, to a satisfactory level all at onxe8, especially if you have a lean purse as Ebonyi.

Btw Abakaliki capital now enjoys potable water supply at least twice every week. There are functioning water plans in the state.

The glass tunnel is what he just started after finishing the 3 flyovers in November last year, he will round up in time.

As for investors, nigercem will soon commence operation in Nkalagu once their factory is fully refixed. Right now it's under serious construction .

Even Yobe and Kebbi states' governors have performed better than this in 3 years also. Apart from Abakaliki, which other city is being opened up in Ebonyi? Even if he can't achieve all I have listed there, why can't he upgrade the state of public schools and hospitals in the state or do you want to tell me that they are already in good conditions? Ebonyi state's level of vehicular movement is among the lowest in the country but Umahi is wasting billions on building flyovers, just the same nonsense Fayose did in Ekiti, and the most annoying part is that Umahi is planing to flag off the construction of an Airport funded by the state's government, what nonsense? Even with the way we dislike Okorocha, we can't deny that we did not see his work in the education sector of IMO state, let's not even talk about other states like Anambra and Osun. Having such a low population, Ebonyi state is expected to have keyed into wheat, maize and sugarcane farming which will set Ebonyi on another new level of agricultural success in food production due to availability of empty land. I read about his success in Rice and Palm oil production but I have not seen a well packaged Ebonyi Palm oil in the market before, I have only seen Abakaliki destoned rice.
You said Abakaliki gets portable water twice a week? How exactly is this an achievement?

3 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2018

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Even Yobe and Kebbi states' governors have performed better than this in 3 years also. Apart from Abakaliki, which other city is being opened up in Ebonyi? Even if he can't achieve all I have listed there, why can't he upgrade the state of public schools and hospitals in the state or do you want to tell me that they are already in good conditions? Ebonyi state's level of vehicular movement is among the lowest in the country but Umahi is wasting billions on building flyovers, just the same nonsense Fayose did in Ekiti, and the most annoying part is that Umahi is planing to flag off the construction of an Airport funded by the state's government, what nonsense? Even with the way we dislike Okorocha, we can't deny that we did not see his work in the education sector of IMO state, let's not even talk about other states like Anambra and Osun. Having such a low population, Ebonyi state is expected to have keyed into wheat, maize and sugarcane farming which will set Ebonyi on another new level of agricultural success in food production due to availability of empty land. I read about his success in Rice and Palm oil production but I have not seen a well packaged Ebonyi Palm oil in the market before, I have only seen Abakaliki destoned rice.
You said Abakaliki gets portable water twice a week? How exactly is this an achievement?

From all I have seen in about 12 to 15 towns I have visited in Ebonyi in the last 7 months, Dave Umahi has done what was thought impossible in t young state. Given his lean purse, I consider him the best governor in Nigeria presently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
Funnicator:

Umahi is doing marvelously well in Ebonyi, he has so much vision and drive that I wonder what is moving him. The transformation of Ebonyi is total as it's widespread.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2018
raker300:
New road, nteje anambra

I passed as they were doing this on Monday last week.
Re: . by onuebonyi: 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
This is an afterthought to save face. Ekweremmadu thought he would be the one that would have been selected but Atiku and PDP opted for Obi who is actually a far better option politically and economically exposed based on their checklist for a VP.

ckenneths:
https://www.thecable.ng/the-insider-ekweremadu-rallies-support-for-peter-obi
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
raker300:
true.

No Sir, the miliken road works has continued after the small portion that failed. The failure of that small portion, about 7 meters on the fringes of the road was due to flood water accumulation as all weep holes were closed in the first work. They have now continued the road , removing all the other concrete buffers and rebuilding everything from the beginning. I am impressed with the recent work.

The problem I have now is how government can limit the amount of traffic that uses the road. All the light vehicles that were supposed to pass through the express road are now using the miliken hill road. This is causing heavy traffic there now. I wish the express is quickly repaired.

1 Like

Re: . by globemoney: 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
Haha
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
onuebonyi:
This is an afterthought to save face. Ekweremmadu thought he would be the one that would have been selected but Atiku and PDP opted for Obi who is actually a far better option politically and economically based on their checklist for a VP.

Well, maybe. But since he never said anything against Obi's choice as VP both before and after the selection, I tend to believe him.
Re: . by globemoney: 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Umahi is foolishly spear heading the mission
But he should have known atiku was wise by picking obi and from anambra, so his mission is flatly dead.

Ebonyi don't have the resources to fight anambra.
Keep fooling yourself, this is about Peter Obi and not Anambra. ALL pdp leaders in Anambra rejected Peter Obi except his stooge Obaze.
Both of them will still fail
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
Sir Emeka Offor plaza, Main market, Onitsha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by onuebonyi: 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2018
Be sensible for once. You have continued like this about Obi for over 10yrs

globemoney:

Keep fooling yourself, this is about Peter Obi and not Anambra. ALL pdp leaders in Anambra rejected Peter Obi except his stooge Obaze.
Both of them will still fail

1 Like

Re: . by globemoney: 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2018
I want to ask the real Ndigbo here.
Between Igbo getting vp under pdp and rallying massively for Igbo presidency in 2023, which is preferable because all political parties are supposed to field a SE president in 2023?

We are now faced with Peter Obi using his personal interest to sabotage the real deal for ndigbo and with igbos supporting Atiku who will lose anyway, the SW will come to challenge this slot in 2023.
this is how we keep losing in Nigeria politics.
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
globemoney:
Between Igbo getting vp under pdp and rallying massively for Igbo presidency in 2023, which is preferable because all political parties are supposed to field a SE president in 2023?

We are now faced with Peter Obi using his personal interest to sabotage the real deal for ndigbo and with igbos supporting Atiku who will lose anyway, the SW will come to challenge this slot in 2023.

A bird at hand, is worth more than 50 in 2023.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
Main market, Onitsha , Anambra state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by globemoney: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
ckenneths:

A bird at hand, is worth more than 50 in 2023.
There is no bird at hand here.

I’m asking because in the coming months a lot of Igbo leaders including governors will start drumming support for 2023. Watch out
Re: . by onuebonyi: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
Keep deceiving yourself. Who will give you Igbo presidency in 2023 via APC? The same APC where Tinubu is angling to highjack its ticket in 2023.

The surest way to producing a president of Igbo extraction is via PDP. APC is a pure anti Igbo party. If they can't give you ordinary political appointment, is it the Presidential ticket they will give you. Wake up

globemoney:

1 Like

Re: . by globemoney: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
onuebonyi:
Keep deceiving yourself. Who will give you Igbo presidency in 2023 via APC? The same APC where Tinubu is angling to highjack its ticket in 2023.

The surest way to producing a president of Igbo extraction is via PDP. APC is a pure anti Igbo party. If they can't give you ordinary political appointment, is it the Presidential ticket they will give you. Wake up

And what is APC wins in 2019? Mind you All political parties will field an Igbo candidate in 2023. You will see a lot of things playing out in the coming months
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
globemoney:

There is no bird at hand here.

I’m asking because in the coming months a lot of Igbo leaders including governors will start drumming support for 2023. Watch out

There's no sure vision of any birds in 2023 either.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.