Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

. - Politics (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (586316 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by hammerFC: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu have resurfaced, they have started visiting Igbo states and govs.

It will be much better if they fix Enugu to Onitsha Federal road or even complete the Enugu international airport.

Let us not mention second Naija Bridge.

They want to play on Igbo Christian kind heart to deceive them.

Ndi nzuzu are the only ones they decieve and we have ndi nzuzu plenty in Igbo land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQoEa0ww308

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi post

Through persuasion and cogent arguments or experience. The same way I was a Buhari supporter in 2015 to get GEJ's rotten, clueless, weak administration out of power, and now I would vote my dog over Buhari if it meant him leaving.

All I see here is myopia and need to been seen as "detribalized". Every tom dick and Harry knows that a barely educated, old former military dictator, who truncated Nigeria 3rd Republic, who served under Abacha( the most corrupt Nigerian political office holder), who is also a known tribal bigot, could never have been a better option to GEJ. Infact, the above highlights how your innate need to appear politically correct often lead you on the wrong side of available options.
Those of us who are not held back by the need to be seen as detribalized always see the bigger picture.

If IPOB offers something of substance other than raving about the "zoo", I'm always open for persuasion. As long as ranting about the "zoo" and calling for election boycotts of the zoo is all they have to offer, and as long as they keep doing irritating nonsense like flying around Israel flags and peddling junk, Jewish myths, and as long as they remain intolerant of opposing views and intolerant of other Nigerians, then they seem little more than a cult of Kanu to me.

IPOB offers alot. You can ask Nnia Nwodo and Ohanaeze. IPOB made them instant celebrities, the Caliphate were all trembling and were calling them for meeting up and down, they were being invited to speak on restructuring agenda of theirs. IPOB agitation offered them the platform to negotiate. Instantly, the North started seeing restructuring as a better compromise than having the entire country disintegrate.
Many agitations needs spirituality, that's how you hold it all together. IPOB had chosen Judaism , what problem do you have with that? Are you a religion bigot?
IPOB don't need to tolerate or even acknowledge the views of Nigerians, only the views of Biafrans matters.

Yes, I insult him because he has done more than enough to earn it with his rhetoric. The reason I insult him in the first place is that insults are his modus operandi.

Good. Now you understand why NK insult Nigeria and Nigerian leaders, he feels that via their poor leadership and by the non feasibility of Nigeria which they have continiously used violence to force on Biafrans since 1966, they have earned his insults.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm going to do. That is why I'm on an internet forum instead of forming my political party. Because I don't care to participate in politics. Suggesting that public figures should be somehow immune to criticism if you're not leading some kind of revolution is some pretty strange rationale. It's like admonishing me for criticizing Buhari's government just because I am not running for office against Buhari. By that rationale, 99.99% of Nigerians have no right to discuss politics or criticize sleazy politicians

Well, NK isn't holding an elective post. He build his fan base and followership from the scratch. But I get your point.

You mean like when Nnamdi Kanu claimed he was offered Biafra but he rejected it because he wanted Rivers and Benue? That is why I call the guy a charlatan. And there is no evidence Uwazuruike was bribed any more than Kanu. For starters, Obasanjo would have been far more likely to engage Uwazuruike than Buhari with Kanu. Buhari is far more disdainful of those he perceives as enemies and would consider it lowering himself to engage Kanu.

Uwazuruike was bought off. Go and ask around. You think Biafra followers are stupid, we are not. Uwazuruike returned from that prison a compromised man. He used his settlement money and started building hotels in Owerri and other places. His followers deserted him.
Buhari is disdainful, but he's no fool, and he has handlers. They must have tried to buy off NK at some point, when the court case prolonged and they couldn't find a single stain on the man.

And that is even ignoring the avalanche of insults Kanu has directed at Buhari and Fulanis and Muslims in the past. I don't believe for a second Kanu had any chance of getting anything from the Federal Government. The only people who might have any notions of bribing him would be SE politicians. Everything about Kanu's narcissism (like the disgraceful pictures of people kissing his feet and genuflecting before him) indicates he is susceptible to the corruptions that power brings.

NK insults on the North is Not anyway close to the insults Ndiigbo have received from Northerners, imagine being called a 5% in a country you are supposedly part of by a sitting Fulani president.
Those who kissed his feet did so of their own volition, NK never coerced them into it. I don't see how you could link it to corruption. NK had stayed true to his cause. Spend a year in prison and still remained true to his cause.

And extreme cynicism like that is why such an integration will always be a struggle. Tutsis, a minority, were massacred in Rwanda almost 25 years after the Nigerian civil war. A Tutsi today is a highly popular Rwandan President (despite his autocratic tendencies) that Rwandans wish could be their President for life. An Igbo man is even an Italian minister on the platform of an anti-immigrant party with ties to racist groups. grin If you're claiming Nigerians are too Igbophobic, then you're saying all Nigerians are irrationally hateful people that are irredeemable.

You exhibit lack of historical grasp of the fundamental issues triggering the Hutu-Tutsi conflict.
The Tutsi are like the Fulani of Rwanda. They were the ones who had a functional monarchical system in place, with which they ruled the Hutus in precolonial era. So as always, the Caucasian colonial administration, being masters of indirect rule, favoured the Tutsis and made them their partners in their colonial interests in Rwanda and there after, chose them to maintain their neo colonial interests after Rwanda Independence.
The Hutus though the majority, have been made to live under the Tutsi reign, just like the Hausa and their Fulani emir overlords.
The colonial powers both the Germans and Belgians who took over Rwanda after Germany lost the second world war, carefully empowered the Tutsi and positioned them to rule over the Hutus so long as the Tutsi rulling elites would continue to be subservient to the colonial masters.
The Hutus got tired of Tutsi lordship over them, and over reacted, that's the Rwandan genocide. It was the colonials who already used to working with Tutsi, that ensured Tutsi, through Kagame returned to power.

The dynamics at play In Rwanda isnt the same at Nigeria, at least as concerning Ndiigbo and rest of Nigeria. They are so opposite and so no basis for the analogy.
Rwanda is not ethnically diverse as Nigeria.

Also, the Tutsi have the backing of the imperial powers. That's how they stay on top, it wasn't a function of their ingenuity or anything you are pushing.
Yes! All Nigerian groups are Igbophobic. Nigeria as a nation pursued an Igbophobic nationalist agenda right after the war, where Ndiigbo was substituted for the British, and thereafter, presented as the common enemy of all Nigerian people.

"The war aim and (final) solution properly
speaking of the entire problem, is to
discriminate against the Igbos and in their
own interest. Such discrimination would
include above all the detachment of those
oil-rich territories in the Eastern Region,
in addition, the Igbos' freedom of
movement would be restricted, to prevent
their renewed penetration into other parts,
leaving any access to the sea to the
Igbos, is quite out of the question,
"(Federal Nigerian Minister speaking to E.
C. Schwarzenback, Swiss Review of Africa,
February 1968).

Some of us are realist. We don't do political correctness, we are unapologetically Igbotic and don't mind saying things as they are, irrespective of whose horse is gored.
Nigeria was built on Igbophobia in 1970. The Nigeria Zik fought for was built on shared hate by the people for British colonialization, but after the war, that Nigeria died, and was replaced with the current one built on Igbophobia. Igbos were presented as the common enemy of all Nigerian groups and we were used to unify all of them, as Britain finally got freed to continue her colonialism as neocolonialism.

I don't buy that for a second. Nigerians are all bigots. This doesn't mean we can't work together if we can converse. Igbos have failed in Nigerian politics because we have made a number of miscalculations, have also been unlucky and our politicians recently have frankly not been of the quality of the Zik or Ekwueme days.

It doesn't matter whether you buy it or not, it's simply what it is.
Seriously, Yorubas have also failed in Nigeria politics. Awolowo failed to win all federal government elections he contested for, Abiola won but never ascended.
OBJ wasn't a Yoruba candidate, they didn't contribute anything to his emergence and his ascension had nothing to do with their superior politics. OBJ was picked out of obscurity by the powers that be. Ekwueme was the man who had built alliances and bridges across the nation, but became a victim of Nigerian institutionalized Igbophobia, same fate awaits any Igbo man that continues to play the ostrich.

Not to mention the times that Buhari picked Igbo vices and Igbos completely rejected him with humiliating defeats and we always went like sheep for PDP. Why couldn't Igbos vote for a Buhari-Okadigbo ticket, for xample. Or the time that Ojukwu could barely get votes when he contested.

Well, you have a point. But I hope you know you are suggesting we start playing parochial backward politics that is more interested in tribal considerations than in what the candidates have to offer the entire nation grin
You are turning to a tribalist without even knowing it, that's what Nigeria does to us all. Every group is tribal that it would be fatal and suicidal for Ndiigbo not to be same. Nigeria is simply destined to fail.

If Igbos had worked for a party like APC for example, rather than constituting bloc opposition to APC, I believe Buhari at his word that he would have handed over to an Igbo man. Buhari is many things, but I believe he has personal honesty and integrity and would have handed over to an Igbo if Igbos didn't constitute by far his most vociferous political opposition. I'm not saying this opposition is right or wrong. I'm pointing out that without that opposition, Igbos would be in a far stronger political position rather having all our eggs now in the PDP basket.

If Buhari is as honest and just as you said, how come he has failed to reward Igbos like Ogbonnaya onu, who stood against Ndiigbo and backed Buhari since 2007, long before Tinubu shifted to Buhari side?
Buhari is not honest . He's just a normal politician who is only interested in barter politics, ie, give and take. To profit, you must bring something.
Sticking by GEJ, morally, was the right thing to do. He was a minority who came begging for our votes. Rationally, in a normal world, GEJ as a presidential candidate, would always Trump Buhari. Buhari was even having certificate scandal then, and history of dictatorship in addition to serving under the most corrupt military dictator in Nigerian history.

He(GEJ) was only a wrong choice for Ndiigbo, because Nigeria plays a tribal politics, and GEJ isn't Igbo.

It's wrong to make it out that everyone is all against you. You're attributing fundamental evil to other Nigerians and ascribing fundamental goodness to Igbos. The reality is Igbos give every bit as much hate as they get and keep the hate cycle flowing. If you make the blame entirely one-sided, then there is no hope for reconciliation.

The reality is that if every one surrounding you hates you, and you decide to play the ostrich, you will not be immuned from their hate. Instead, you will surely suffer,ask Ekwueme.
It's akin to Israel refusing to accept that the entire Arab nations plus Iran, surrounding them, resents them. Just because they(Isreal) want to play political correctness.
Do you think such would protect them from hate emanating from those quarters?
Ofcourse, hate begots hate. Ndiigbo had to return every hate thrown at us from those quarters with hate. That's the way we had survived so far.

The 2nd emboldened is about all we agree on. If IPOB are to be taken seriously other than endlessly breeding resentment and raving about the "zoo", then the pathway to be followed is clear. Follow the political process and elect sympathetic representatives to represent your interests. Calling for election boycotts in manifestly stewpid. I just can't get over that idiocy.

Election boycott is not necessarily stupid. It's just that it's more difficult to achieve total boycott, than getting involved in the political process yourself. Even Zik had once called for election boycott in the 1960s and implemented it.
It has its place. Though in this our position, I feel it's an inferior tool. We can and should do better.

8 Likes

Re: . by hammerFC: 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
waternogetenemy:
If any religion is going to grow in the SE, it is Judaism.

There is no room for Islam.

Igbo hate Islam and Muslims.

Saudi Arabia and Buhari are not very good role model.

I also think Judaism might be the best religion for Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: . by hammerFC: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2018
Judaism is a very practical religion.

They take no shit.

U do me, i will surely do u even if it takes me 1000 years, i will retaliate.

Vengeance against the enemies of the Jewish people is certainly allowed as it has positive meaning. Both in that it’s doing justice and also creating deterrence.

Unlike Christianity that have turned our people into moronic fools.

Even God got angry and destroyed creation several times. God will still destroy the world again but this time with fire.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
ckenneths:
Like pieces of cakes, we keep eating away at our mountains and hills, all to get soft sand for building construction. ........

I understand the demand for white sand but why don’t the get it from River Niger areas instead of destroying nature.
Re: . by waternogetenemy: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2018
Buhari is a very foolish old man.
Re: . by waternogetenemy: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2018
hammerFC:

It will be much better if they fix Enugu to Onitsha Federal road or even complete the Enugu international airport.

Ndi nzuzu are the only ones they decieve and we have ndi nzuzu plenty in Igbo land.

Nigeria is about to scatter and their is nothing any visit or Nigeria Army can do about it.

Biafra is a nation ordained by God since time immemorial.

It is a brother state to Israel

4 Likes

Re: . by hammerFC: 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
After marginalisation and taking pleasuring in murdering so many igbo people.

They are now running around to form fake brothers with who?

SE road is the worst in the entire country.

Second Niger Bridge, even while under construction, Buhari killed it.

Enugu Airport construction is complete, yet Buhari still find a way to kill yet.

Yet, they want one Nigeria.

In fact any Igbo person still saying one Nigeria should be sent to Niger Republic to join his Nigeria brothers there.

2 Likes

Re: . by hammerFC: 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
If any Igbo man or woman enjoy slavery, pls, relocate to Niger Republic and enslave yourself to Fulani and Arabs there.

We want to take back our land from Nigeria and put basic things in place like road, shelter, airport, seaport.

Since 1960 of independence, Igbo land have non to show.

Yet, u hear somebody call himself Igbo and still talking one Nigeria.
Re: . by hammerFC: 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2018
The North, supported by the SW have been very wicked to the people that have enrich and sustained them from SS/SE.

We are leaving and guess wat, we will get all those things that were used to afflict us and more.

We will have more than 2 Niger Bridge.

We will have more than zero International airport.

Our roads will be in top form.

We will have at least one deep seaport , if not 4/5.
Re: . by hammerFC: 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
WE EXPECT THE NORTH TO RESPOND WITH VIOLENCE.

WE EXPECT THEM TO DO THERE WORST BUT GUESS WAT THIS IS NOT 1960s. NUFF SAID! grin
Re: . by hammerFC: 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2018
O i forgot to add, we will have our own President. grin
Re: . by hammerFC: 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2018
Biafra President will never be a retarrd.

We leave retarrded president to yoruba and hausa in Nigeria.
Re: . by DanielOc: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Obi1kenObi, Pazenzia.....

Please be guided with your regards towards Nnamdi KANU,

I really find it incomprehensible why the Westerners are giving their opinions purely for their interest, yet, you dilute it inside of you, wearing it as a garment of points, while things are being messed up...

Please, its best we rally round NK with support not booing his courage to stand for our sovereignty...

However, I still like the fact that what consigns us all is Paramount here...
I love y'all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
pazienza:
Obi1kenobi post

All I see here is myopia and need to been seen as "detribalized". Every tom dick and Harry knows that a barely educated, old former military dictator, who truncated Nigeria 3rd Republic, who served under Abacha( the most corrupt Nigerian political office holder), who is also a known tribal bigot, could never have been a better option to GEJ. Infact, the above highlights how your innate need to appear politically correct often lead you on the wrong side of available options.
Those of us who are not held back by the need to be seen as detribalized always see the bigger picture.

So every Igbo man that voted for Buhari was myopic and needed to be seen as detribalized? Corruption was my top agenda during the last Presidential elections and Buhari's focus on it was what drew many Nigerians to him. Neither was GEJ in any way a better option. If GEJ stood against Buhari today, I'd pick Buhari again without a second thought. The only luck GEJ had was that after several years of wasting an oil boom with prices averaging over $100 per barrel with his cluelessness, serving as the ATM of every corrupt politician in Nigeria, the clueless man was not around to experience the catastrophic drop in international crude price to as low as $26 in 2016 (at that price, you're losing money for every barrel you produce). Buhari was the one that inherited the absolute disaster with no fiscal buffers to cushion the economic shock (which GEJ's own minister, Okonjo Iweala, indicted her own administration for).
That I told you I'd vote against Buhari in the next election does not mean I'm somehow regretful of voting out GEJ.

IPOB offers alot. You can ask Nnia Nwodo and Ohanaeze. IPOB made them instant celebrities, the Caliphate were all trembling and were calling them for meeting up and down, they were being invited to speak on restructuring agenda of theirs. IPOB agitation offered them the platform to negotiate. Instantly, the North started seeing restructuring as a better compromise than having the entire country disintegrate.
Many agitations needs spirituality, that's how you hold it all together. IPOB had chosen Judaism , what problem do you have with that? Are you a religion bigot?
IPOB don't need to tolerate or even acknowledge the views of Nigerians, only the views of Biafrans matters.

The caliphate were all trembling? You mean the ones that gave us a quit notice and we started panicking? Who did they have all these meetings with that matter in Nigeria? Igbos do not hold a lot of leverage in Nigeria. We are held hostage by being outsiders in many communities all over Nigeria where we have invested years of our sweat and blood. This means that in a chaotic disintegration, we'd be the worst hit tribe, liable to lose our lives or lose all we have laboured for.
IPOB didn't "choose" Judaism. They claimed it as their true heritage. Which is a fraud. I'll never tire of calling it out for the fraud it is anytime I see any Igbo man claiming to be a Jew. It irritates me and too many Igbos peddle the fraud. Biafra has nothing to do with Israel. This has even gone international with outsiders alerted to the fact some weird people in a Niger-Congo tribe in Nigeria are claiming to be some lost tribe of Israel. I was embarrassed the day I read a Times of Israel piece on it and the comment section of many Jewish people were mocking the claim. It makes IPOB an unserious cult. Why the need to appropriate an alien culture that is not ours? Isn't it self-contradictory to claim to be some Igbocentrist or Igbo nationalist while appropriating an alien culture as your own?

Good. Now you understand why NK insult Nigeria and Nigerian leaders, he feels that via their poor leadership and by the non feasibility of Nigeria which they have continiously used violence to force on Biafrans since 1966, they have earned his insults.

Really? So what did Yoruba pastors for example do to earn his insult? There is a difference between me insulting Kanu and him insulting the same people he wants concessions from in the North or SW, or insulting those he wants to ally with in the SS and Benue. There is a difference between my insulting his stupidity and his hate speech and incitement against other groups. As long as he can live with the consequences of his rhetoric, and live with the futility of his efforts, he's free to continue the insults.

Uwazuruike was bought off. Go and ask around. You think Biafra followers are stupid, we are not. Uwazuruike returned from that prison a compromised man. He used his settlement money and started building hotels in Owerri and other places. His followers deserted him.
Buhari is disdainful, but he's no fool, and he has handlers. They must have tried to buy off NK at some point, when the court case prolonged and they couldn't find a single stain on the man.

NK insults on the North is Not anyway close to the insults Ndiigbo have received from Northerners, imagine being called a 5% in a country you are supposedly part of by a sitting Fulani president.
Those who kissed his feet did so of their own volition, NK never coerced them into it. I don't see how you could link it to corruption. NK had stayed true to his cause. Spend a year in prison and still remained true to his cause.

All speculative. Uwazuruike has spent several spells in prison since forming MASSOB in '99, including his longest stretch of 2 years in 2005, only being released to bury his mum. Yeah, perhaps he is fatigued from several years of toil. Comparatively, Nnamdi Kanu is just a fresh arrival and people like him will always expose themselves with time. Nnamdi Kanu rose to higher recognition by providence - a perfect storm of events fueled by the Igbo rage at the rise of Buhari and Nnamdi Kanu was adopted as a symbol of Igbo resistance when the injustice of his imprisonment went public. Uwazuruike by contrast often fought a lonely battle while oppressed by the FG. Nnamdi Kanu is not in any way a better person than Uwazuruike.

And sorry, but no person of integrity allows anyone kiss their feet. Saying it wasn't "coerced" is being clever by half. Many people who lead popular revolts stress comradeship and brotherhood and egalitarianism. Only a narcissistic charlatan poses like an emperor as someone gets down on all fours and kisses his feet, elevating him to messiah status.

You exhibit lack of historical grasp of the fundamental issues triggering the Hutu-Tutsi conflict.
The Tutsi are like the Fulani of Rwanda. They were the ones who had a functional monarchical system in place, with which they ruled the Hutus in precolonial era. So as always, the Caucasian colonial administration, being masters of indirect rule, favoured the Tutsis and made them their partners in their colonial interests in Rwanda and there after, chose them to maintain their neo colonial interests after Rwanda Independence.
The Hutus though the majority, have been made to live under the Tutsi reign, just like the Hausa and their Fulani emir overlords.
The colonial powers both the Germans and Belgians who took over Rwanda after Germany lost the second world war, carefully empowered the Tutsi and positioned them to rule over the Hutus so long as the Tutsi rulling elites would continue to be subservient to the colonial masters.
The Hutus got tired of Tutsi lordship over them, and over reacted, that's the Rwandan genocide. It was the colonials who already used to working with Tutsi, that ensured Tutsi, through Kagame returned to power.

The dynamics at play In Rwanda isnt the same at Nigeria, at least as concerning Ndiigbo and rest of Nigeria. They are so opposite and so no basis for the analogy.
Rwanda is not ethnically diverse as Nigeria.

Also, the Tutsi have the backing of the imperial powers. That's how they stay on top, it wasn't a function of their ingenuity or anything you are pushing.
Yes! All Nigerian groups are Igbophobic. Nigeria as a nation pursued an Igbophobic nationalist agenda right after the war, where Ndiigbo was substituted for the British, and thereafter, presented as the common enemy of all Nigerian people.

1) The history of Tutsis has no relevance to their current status seeing as they were already brutally massacred. Tutsi modern day dominance in Rwanda is linked more to attaining higher education and economic status, rather than their pre-colonial history. That pre-colonial history did not stop the Hutus from massacring almost 80% of the Tutsis. Almost 80%. Think about that is pure numbers. There is no comparison with the Fulani-Hausa dynamics where Fulanis have never given up their grip on the Hausa majority. Abi, have I missed a time when Hausas massacred Fulanis of recent?
2) The imperial powers have no such backing of Tutsis. Paul Kagame is not a very popular figure in the West. His astute management of domestic politics and evident improvement in the life of Rwandans is the reason he has consolidated his power domestically. It has nothing to do with imperial powers. In the post-colonial era, the media is the biggest weapon the West deploys against nations it is not at war with and Kagame doesn't get a lot of positive coverage outside Africa. The Tutsis had already even lost their favored status before the Rwandan genocide as the British supported Hutu rule over Rwanda, unlike the Belgians that had empowered the Tutsis to rule before.

"The war aim and (final) solution properly
speaking of the entire problem, is to
discriminate against the Igbos and in their
own interest. Such discrimination would
include above all the detachment of those
oil-rich territories in the Eastern Region,
in addition, the Igbos' freedom of
movement would be restricted, to prevent
their renewed penetration into other parts,
leaving any access to the sea to the
Igbos, is quite out of the question,
"(Federal Nigerian Minister speaking to E.
C. Schwarzenback, Swiss Review of Africa,
February 1968).

Some of us are realist. We don't do political correctness, we are unapologetically Igbotic and don't mind saying things as they are, irrespective of whose horse is gored.
Nigeria was built on Igbophobia in 1970. The Nigeria Zik fought for was built on shared hate by the people for British colonialization, but after the war, that Nigeria died, and was replaced with the current one built on Igbophobia. Igbos were presented as the common enemy of all Nigerian groups and we were used to unify all of them, as Britain finally got freed to continue her colonialism as neocolonialism.

I read an article recently from a Yoruba man with many claims about all the crimes of the NCNC against Yorubas which he claimed were engineered by Igbos - mostly talking about nepotism and tribalism (such as appointments of Igbo UI and Unilag VC's above senior Yoruba professors, promotions in the officer corp of the military dominated by Igbos, and most of the strategic Federal ministries and departments and parastatals headed by Igbos). I'm not saying his accusations were correct. Just pointing out how we can get entrapped in a single story from a single point of view. Like I said, ascribing fundamental evil to all Nigerians and fundamental good to Igbos is a narrative that helps no one. It's not a question of "political correctness". It's a simple question of harmony and unity and integration and progress and choosing to leave old wounds behind.

It reminds me of a period during the Fulani massacres in Benue and some Igbo guy on the front page of an article wrote a very hateful post about how Benue people deserve it after conspiring with the Northerners in the '66 pogroms of Igbos in the North. His comment got hundreds of "likes". Firstly, it was no surprise that an Igbo man was the one who wrote that. Secondly, the majority of people who spew hateful things like that were not even born at the time. Why would you internalize such bitterness from a dark history we're trying to move on from. Call all Nigerians Igbophobic if you wish, but the reality is Igbos give every bit as much hate as they get. The only luck other Nigerians have is that we are not a violent tribe, but we can dish out hateful rhetoric to rival everybody else combined. Nairaland is a microcosm of this. It is Igbos vs Yoruba (the main e-battle), Igbos vs Hausa-Fulani, Igbos vs Middle Belters, Igbos vs Niger Deltans, Igbos vs Igboid groups in the SS, and even Igbos vs fellow Igbos (usually Anambra vs others). The common theme of 90-something percent of all the e-battles on Nairaland is Igbos. Since we're on the theme of "political correctness", I don't care whose ox is gored either when I continue to point out that Igbos do have a serious attitude problem which doesn't help their perceptions among other groups who are suspicious and historically resentful of them.

If you cannot move on from the dark chapters of Nigeria's history (as every nation has its own dark era), then there is no hope. I can only pray that our national politicians who represent us are not as cynical and far more optimistic about the innate goodness of all Nigerians and their openness to persuasion. Else, we're doomed to remain a political irrelevance till thy kingdom come. Because even getting Biafra will depend on the consent of other Nigerians who you're calling Igbophobic.

It doesn't matter whether you buy it or not, it's simply what it is.
Seriously, Yorubas have also failed in Nigeria politics. Awolowo failed to win all federal government elections he contested for, Abiola won but never ascended.
OBJ wasn't a Yoruba candidate, they didn't contribute anything to his emergence and his ascension had nothing to do with their superior politics. OBJ was picked out of obscurity by the powers that be. Ekwueme was the man who had built alliances and bridges across the nation, but became a victim of Nigerian institutionalized Igbophobia, same fate awaits any Igbo man that continues to play the ostrich.

Well, you have a point. But I hope you know you are suggesting we start playing parochial backward politics that is more interested in tribal considerations than in what the candidates have to offer the entire nation grin
You are turning to a tribalist without even knowing it, that's what Nigeria does to us all. Every group is tribal that it would be fatal and suicidal for Ndiigbo not to be same. Nigeria is simply destined to fail.

We have been sufficiently marginalized in Nigerian politics and it's understandable if we ethnicize our votes at this time. The Presidency must come to the SE soon, so any Igbo man voting other non-Igbos is disenfranchising himself. We must make a compelling case to all groups that an Igbo Presidency will be the ultimate reconciliation after the civil war.

And yes, Ekwueme was betrayed when he deserved a shot at the Presidency. His failure cannot be the blueprint for everyone else. We must continue to appeal to the sense of justice of other Nigerians - igbophobic or not. They are humans and they listen.

If Buhari is as honest and just as you said, how come he has failed to reward Igbos like Ogbonnaya onu, who stood against Ndiigbo and backed Buhari since 2007, long before Tinubu shifted to Buhari side?
Buhari is not honest . He's just a normal politician who is only interested in barter politics, ie, give and take. To profit, you must bring something.
Sticking by GEJ, morally, was the right thing to do. He was a minority who came begging for our votes. Rationally, in a normal world, GEJ as a presidential candidate, would always Trump Buhari. Buhari was even having certificate scandal then, and history of dictatorship in addition to serving under the most corrupt military dictator in Nigerian history.

He is only a wrong choice for Ndiigbo, because Nigeria plays a tribal politics, and GEJ isn't Igbo.

The reality is that if every one surrounding you hates you, and you decide to play the ostrich, you will not be immuned from their hate. Instead, you will surely suffer,ask Ekwueme.
It's akin to Israel refusing to accept that the entire Arab nations plus Iran, surrounding them, resents them. Just because they(Isreal) want to play political correctness.
Do you think such would protect them from hate emanating from those quarters?
Ofcourse, hate begots hate. Ndiigbo had to return every hate thrown at us from those quarters with hate. That's the way you had survived so far.

Election boycott is not necessarily stupid. It's just that it's more difficult to achieve that getting involved in the political process yourself. Even Zik had once called for election boycott in the 1960s and implemented it.
It has its place. Though in this our position, I feel it's an inferior tool. We can and should do better.

Nah.....our case is nothing like Israel's. Israel spent the first few decades of its nationhood fighting for its very survival. It remains surrounded by enemies who have vowed to destroy it (though they exaggerate these threats today and are oppressing the Palestinians). This is an existential threat to their survival. The challenges of Ndigbo are purely political.
The Ogbonna Onu you're speaking of never had the political capital to be a serious threat. You can't be comparing him with Tinubu who brought his huge SW political machinery to work for Buhari in a strong alliance. You're comparing incomparables. If Buhari won a Presidency with someone of Okadigbo's stature who delivered SE and SS votes to him, he would have handed over to Okadigbo. If Igbos had proven willing to work with Buhari, I believe he'd do the same too. There is no evidence of this. It's simply my interpretation of Buhari's personal code as a man of his word.

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
hammerFC:
Judaism is a very practical religion.

They take no shit.

U do me, i will surely do u even if it takes me 1000 years, i will retaliate.

Vengeance against the enemies of the Jewish people is certainly allowed as it has positive meaning. Both in that it’s doing justice and also creating deterrence.

Unlike Christianity that have turned our people into moronic fools.

Even God got angry and destroyed creation several times. God will still destroy the world again but this time with fire.

The Igbo nation will be the largest Christian nation in Africa. Judaism is not our religion but, we can apply some rules from the Torah once in a while either during battle or making judgments.
Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
DanielOc:
Obi1kenObi, Pazenzia.....

Please be guided with your regards towards Nnamdi KANU,

I really find it incomprehensible why the Westerners are giving their opinions purely for their interest, yet, you dilute it inside of you, wearing it as a garment of points, while things are being messed up...

Please, its best we rally round NK with support not booing his courage to stand for our sovereignty...

However, I still like the fact that what consigns us all is Paramount here...
I love y'all...

Pazienza has no problem with Kanu as a person, just that he's not comfortable with the method.
Any person who claims to be Igbo man is one way or the other sympathetic with IPOB.
The problem is than some are critisizing the methodology and their policies due to fear of unknown.

If you see any Igbo man who is condemning Kanu and IPOB as a whole without seeing any good thing about them... A lot of things are involved,
1,..The person was not breastfed by typical igbo woman .
2, Products of away match. Promiscuous ladies that slept with non Igbos, even though they are married to Igbo husbands.
3,Those Igbos that are benefiting from the statusquo that don't care about the cries of their fellow Igbos.. Selfish politicians (thogh not all politicians )

4,Misguided Igbos that have been brainwashed by their non Igbo friends to embrace one Nigeria even when his tribes men are being strangled in Nigerian day by day. Such characters won't even be spared when the chips are down .That his non Igbo friend would be the ist person that will chop off his head. These ones claim to know all whereas their skulls are empty.
4, Rich Igbo Political illitrates that think that they will loose their properties if referendum is conducted. Some of them see referendum as war.
Any Igbo man who is strongly opposing IPOB without seeing anything good about them must fall in one or two of the aforementioned.
Civil war ended 48 yrs ago, but the economic war against Igbos started the same year.

Some Igbos are not even worried why they have only five states.
Nigeria is just anti Igbo. The politics we are
struggling to participate in is nothing but politics of patch patch . Our spirit left Nigeria in 1967.

4 Likes

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
oilPUSSY:

Pazienza has no problem with Kanu as a person, just that he's not comfortable with the method.
Any person who claims to be Igbo man is one way or the other sympathetic with IPOB.
The problem is than some are critisizing the methodology and their policies due to fear of unknown.

If you see any Igbo man who is condemning Kanu and IPOB as a whole without seeing any good thing about them... A lot of things are involved,
1,..The person was not breastfed by typical igbo woman .
2, Products of away match. Promiscuous ladies that slept with non Igbos, even though they are married to Igbo husbands.
3,Those Igbos that are benefiting from the statusquo that don't care about the cries of their fellow Igbos.. Selfish politicians (thogh not all politicians )
Misguided Igbos that have been brainwashed by their non Igbo friends to embrace one Nigeria even when his tribes men are being strangled in Nigerian day by day. Such characters won't even be spared when the chips are down .That his non Igbo friend would be the ist person that will chop off his head. These ones claim to know all whereas their skulls are empty.
4, Rich Igbo Political illitrates that think that they will loose their properties if referendum is conducted. Some of them see referendum as war.
Any Igbo man who is strongly opposing IPOB without seeing anything good about them must fall in one or two of the aforementioned.
Civil war ended 48 yrs ago, but the economic war against Igbos started the same year.

Some Igbos are not even worried why they have only five states.
Nigeria is just anti Igbo. The politics we are
struggling to participate in is nothing but politics of patch patch . Our spirit left Nigeria in 1967.

Yes, I'm sure a woman with a moniker like "oilpussy" is best educated on what makes a "real" Igbo person.

Oh, and state creation contradicts the aims of restructuring. As it is, without the Niger Delta's oyel money, most states in Nigeria are already economically unviable. The South East is the least populated zone in Nigeria and by far the smallest in landmass. 11 states in the North are bigger than the whole SE combined, and Oyo alone is almost as big as the whole South East combined. Cross River is almost as big as Anambra, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi combined. Unless you're adding Anioma from Delta to the SE to form the 6th SE state, further dividing the 5 SE states as it is makes no sense given our call for resource control and over-dependence on Niger Delta oyel money.

This is why I say many Igbos that claim to favour Biafra really do not. Many certainly do, but for others, it's just an ego trip. Talking about leaving the "zoo" massages their egos, when they've never really thought about what it entails.

4 Likes

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Yes, I'm sure a woman with a moniker like "oilpussy" is best educated on what makes a "real" Igbo person.

Oh, and state creation contradicts the aims of restructuring. As it is, without the Niger Delta's oyel money, most states in Nigeria are already economically unviable. The South East is the least populated zone in Nigeria and by far the smallest in landmass. 11 states in the North are bigger than the whole SE combined, and Oyo alone is almost as big as the whole South East combined. Cross River is almost as big as Anambra, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi combined. Unless you're adding Anioma from Delta to the SE to form the 6th SE state, further dividing the 5 SE states as it is makes no sense given our call for resource control and over-dependence on Niger Delta oyel money.

This is why I say many Igbos that claim to favour Biafra really do not. Many certainly do, but for others, it's just an ego trip. Talking about leaving the "zoo" massages their egos, when they've never really thought about what it entails.
Keep quiet and stop being mischievous in your analysis. We are talking of state creation and you are here lumping the whole zone together.
State creation is not done by landmass but by population of the peoples in that area. The same thing applicable to representatives. Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria by landmass but has highest representative in the house of reps today (21).
You are talking of landmass, I hope you are aware that Anambra state which is the second smallest state in Nigeria in landmass is more populated than Niger state which is the biggest state in Nig by landmass ?.
In your efforts to justify 5 states given to Igbos, you forgot that SE has almost the same population with NE that has more than five states.
Clap for yourself ...

1 Like

Re: . by murphyibiam15(m): 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
oilPUSSY:

Keep quiet and stop being mischievous in your analysis. We are talking of state creation and you are here lumping the whole zone together.
State creation is not done by landmass but by population of the peoples in that area. The same thing applicable to representatives. Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria by landmass but has highest representative in the house of reps today (21).
You are talking of landmass, I hope you are aware that Anambra state which is the second smallest state in Nigeria in landmass is more populated than Niger state which is the biggest state in Nig by landmass ?.
In your efforts to justify 5 states given to Igbos, you forgot that SE has almost the same population with NE.
Clap for yourself ...

you're right, state creation isn't by landmass but by population.. After all Lagos is the smallest state with the biggest population.. To me if a state needs to be created in SE it should be ETITI state which should involve places already outlined in 2014 national conference and include Orumba North/south, okigwe, isiukwuato, Afikpo north/south, umunneochi, ihime mbano,Awgu and Aniniri LGAs which cut across all 5 SE states presently
Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
oilPUSSY:

In your efforts to justify 5 states given to Igbos, you forgot that SE has almost the same population with NE.
Clap for yourself ...

Not really. It is the key factor, but not the only one. Landmass is considered. Ethnic diversity is considered (why a state like Bayelsa was created due to Ijaw agitation). And even if it was the only one, the SE has the smallest population in Nigeria.
The NE needs more states than the SE because
1) it is more populated
2) It is several times bigger in landmass, stretching from Chad and almost reaching Cross River. 4 of the 6 biggest states in Nigeria and 5 of the biggest 8 are in the NE: Borno, Taraba, Bauchi and Yobe and Adamawa. Each of them are all bigger than all SE states combined. Borno is over twice as big as the whole SE combined and there are local governments there like Bama and Damboa bigger than Anambra state.
3) The NE is far more ethnically diverse than the SE: probably the most ethnically diverse zone in Nigeria. The SE is essentially an Igbo only zone with a smattering of Igalas and few tiny minorities.

Under what rationale would you say the SE deserves as many states as the NE?

1 Like

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
murphyibiam15:

you're right, state creation isn't by landmass but by population.. After all Lagos is the smallest state with the biggest population.. To me if a state needs to be created in SE it should be ETITI state which should involve places already outlined in 2014 national conference and include Orumba North/south, okigwe, isiukwuato, Afikpo north/south, umunneochi, ihime mbano,Awgu and Aniniri LGAs which cut across all 5 SE states presently

The only state agitation I would support is Anioma. Chopping up territory from 5 small SE states to piece together one small new state sounds quite extreme and such a state would be in political turmoil in our political climate where we're always arguing about rotational leadership. After an Orumba man is governor, the next time an Orumba man will smell it again will be like 30 years later. grin

3 Likes

Re: . by OreMI22: 12:53am On Oct 27, 2018
[s]
hammerFC:

[/s]

Nnamdi Kanu is not the reason for the politics, they want Buhari to get at least 25% in the SE states. Nnamdi Kanu is a coward that they know can only talk senselessly on the radio and ask people to go and die for him. While he regards those martyrs less important than his dog.

If Atiku sweeps the north central and manages to do just as much as Jonathan did in the north, he will definitely defeat Buhari by a landslide. They know Atiku will do better than GEJ in the north, so they are jittery to increase Buhari's votes in the SE and SS to avoid an imminent defeat.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 27, 2018
[quote author=Obi1kenobi post=72439994]

So every Igbo man that voted for Buhari was myopic and needed to be seen as detribalized? Corruption was my top agenda during the last Presidential elections and Buhari's focus on it was what drew many Nigerians to him. Neither was GEJ in any way a better option. If GEJ stood against Buhari today, I'd pick Buhari again without a second thought. The only luck GEJ had was that after several years of wasting an oil boom with prices averaging over $100 per barrel with his cluelessness, serving as the ATM of every corrupt politician in Nigeria, the clueless man was not around to experience the catastrophic drop in international crude price to as low as $26 in 2016 (at that price, you're losing money for every barrel you produce). Buhari was the one that inherited the absolute disaster with no fiscal buffers to cushion the economic shock (which GEJ's own minister, Okonjo Iweala, indicted her own administration for).
That I told you I'd vote against Buhari in the next election does not mean I'm somehow regretful of voting out GEJ
The way I see it,any igbo man resident in the east,who voted for buhari is myopic!(igbos who grew up outside the east can be forgiven).Those of us who grew in the east and are aware of buharis first comimg, identified this disaster.
Gej was a symbol of hope for the igbo and he lost only because he belonged to the wrong tribe.Corruption? please tell me you truly didn't believe that, a man who served under abacha, ran the ptf fund dry,imprisoned mbakwe whike installing his cronie ike nwachkwu (who sold off and bled imo dry) ,isn't corrupt?
Let me remind peeps like you on what Gej did for the igbo;
1) Remember alaoji power plant ?the only functional power plant in the SE,he built it.The second in imo wasn't completed because of rochas battle against him (funny enough buhari-the man rochas was rooting for -does not seem fit to complete it.
2)That the east has an international today is because of gej.On the eve of this present admin,enugu airport international terminal was the most completed.somedays ago that of ph was completed-what happened to enugus?
3) remember the riverport in onitsha ?
4) The stalled second niger bridge ?
5) remember the jinx ihejirika broke, when he became the first igboman to reach the apex of our military structure since after the war? something bubu is making sure might not reoccur soon.It goes on and on.

Really? So what did Yoruba pastors for example do to earn his insult? There is a difference between me insulting Kanu and him insulting the same people he wants concessions from in the North or SW, or insulting those he wants to ally with in the SS and Benue. There is a difference between my insulting his stupidity and his hate speech and incitement against other groups. As long as he can live with the consequences of his rhetoric, and live with the futility of his efforts, he's free to continue the insult.
while I don't feel comfortable tunning in on radio biafra (their is too much disparaging of peeps),he still makes sense sometimes.As to the yoruba pastors,do you think its a coincedience that,the major overseers of this churches in the easts most economically sound cities,are yorubas ? is it a coincedience that most build amazing infrastructure in their region (just like that of choosen is doing in imo state) while neglecting a substantial part of their followership in the east ?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2018
Innoson unveils her new Pick Up Van at Nnewi.

3 Likes

Re: . by Chavens: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2018
My fellow Igbos! Let's invest in Igboland. Nigeria is not happy with the number of high rise cities like onitsha, Aba, and Abakaliki. They tremble at serene cities like Enugu, Owerri, Awka, Oguta. What about industrial and commercial hurbs like Nnewi, Orlu, Onitsha and Aba. We have it all. Bring back those trillions of naira investment in the north home. Use Onitsha as our own Lagos. Use Enugu as our own Abuja.

6 Likes

Re: . by Chavens: 7:12am On Oct 27, 2018
I'm proud to be an Igbo. Very intelligent and progressive people. Always ahead of others. The land with the best developed rural settlement, always goal getters, dutiful and industrious. Intact God is more interested in Igbos and he is yet to reveal things about Igbos. Daalu nu o!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 27, 2018
Chavens:
My fellow Igbos! Let's invest in Igboland. Nigeria is not happy with the number of high rise cities like onitsha, Aba, and Abakaliki. They tremble at serene cities like Enugu, Owerri, Awka, Oguta. What about industrial and commercial hurbs like Nnewi, Orlu, Onitsha and Aba. We have it all. Bring back those trillions of naira investment in the north home. Use Onitsha as our own Lagos. Use Enugu as our own Abuja.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2018
Chavens:
Let's speak with one voice. Avoid replying any imposter. Enugu is capital of Igbo land. Ebonyi state has done well in infrastructure. Anambra has recently represented Igbo land well economically. Abia has put Igbo land as the major producer and distributor of manufactured goods used throughout Nigeria. My own Imo has set a pace for education and dignity by potraying Igbo land as the best academics in Nigeria. Anioma has represented Igbo land well in human development and dignity. Obigbo has shown a spirit of united Igbo from ages by sticking to their original identity and not to Oyigbo. So my brothers we can get it right again this time. From Engr Chavens .

Pls enugu is not in any way capital of igboland. Enugu was the capital old eastern state and old anambra...not capital of igboland.

Each state has its own capital now...that nonsense that enugu is capital of igboland should stop.

Enugu now is the capital of enugu state
Abia has its capital as umuahia
Imo has its capital as owerri
Anambra has its capital as Awka.

QED

1 Like

Re: . by hammerFC: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2018
Osita Ikechukwu And Igbokwe Defend Fashola 2023 South West Presidency Campaign
2023 Igbo Presidency: Joe Igbokwe, Osita Okechukwu reply Fashola

October 26, 2018
Samuel Ogundipe

Some All Progressives Congress politicians from the South-East have responded to a statement by the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, that the 2023 presidential ticket of the ruling party would be zoned to the South-West.

Joe Igbokwe and Osita Okechukwu, both leading Igbo voices in the APC, said Mr Fashola’s comment was a wake up call that the South-East must turn out to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Mr Fashola said at a town hall event in Lagos on Thursday that the people of South-West should vote for Mr Buhari in order to get the presidency back to the region.

“A vote for Buhari in 2019, means a return of power to the South-west in 2023. I am sure you will vote wisely,” Mr Fashola said per the News Agency of Nigeria.

In separate interviews Friday, they told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr Fashola’s comments should not be seen as offensive but only logical and political.

“It is okay for the minister to say what he said because this is politics,” Mr Igbokwe said. “It is now left to the Igbo to see whether they would take this seriously and compete well in 2019.”

“What the Igbo need to do now is to massively vote for the president in 2019 so that by 2023 the party would see that we have the numbers and zone the presidency to us,” Mr Igbokwe added.

Mr Okechukwu, director-general of state-owned Voice of Nigeria, said the APC would be ready to toe the path of equity and justice by zoning presidential ticket to the South-East in 2023, but warned that it would not come on a platter.

“You have to fight for it to get it. We have to show that we deserve the ticket in 2023 by voting heavily for the president at the upcoming elections,” Mr Okechukwu said.

“The APC I know would consider how the South-East has not produced president since 1999 and, therefore, zone the ticket to us on the principle of equity and natural justice,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/292673-2023-igbo-presidency-joe-igbokwe-osita-okechukwu-reply-fashola.html

These are the type of Ndi zuzu, i was talking about earlier.

Highly irresponsible and selfish individuals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2018
Mynd44, how can the mods allow this hammer to be duplicating accounts on nairaland.

He just created another one....hammerFC

Pls implore rule 19 on him

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.