Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,460 members, 7,854,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

. - Politics (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (590336 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
waternogetenemy:

Find a Yoruba thread to actively devote your miserable self.

Joke apart! A yoruba man livng on an igbo thread 24hrs is very sad to watch.
So you go around sniffing for who is Igbo and who's not despite seeing the obvious. Shame on you!
Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
UdechiHD:
The SW President in 2023 is a pipe dream, they've already failed in that aspect if they think they can repeat the Abiola/Babagana stunt again now that all eyes are now open to their scheming, then they are the biggest jokers of the 21st century. On what ground will they campaign in the north, middlebelt or SE/SS. The SW are gradually sending themselves to political oblivion with their greed. They the SW can only dream of Presidency again after the SE, SS and also MB have enjoyed a complete 8 years in power at different turns.

The SW are in a governing coalition with the North as co-founders of APC. They have labored to bring APC this far. Igbos positioned themselves as the main opposition to APC and have contributed little to the party at national level. Everyone knew there was never any way that they would hand over power to Igbos in 2023. The rotation as it is for the presidency is between the North and South. The SW would feel eligible to contest the Presidency in 2023. Also, these theories about the SW's political oblivion don't hold any water. The core North who loathe Igbos more than any other group in the country will certainly pick a Yoruba over an Igbo in the current political climate. This is the time for Igbos to be making overtures to the Middle Belt and Niger Delta. Complacency about the SW's political oblivion is a gift for Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: . by globemoney: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2018
Someone should advise Ekweremadu to move to APC
Re: . by murphyibiam15(m): 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

The SW are in a governing coalition with the North as co-founders of APC. They have labored to bring APC this far. Igbos positioned themselves as the main opposition to APC and have contributed little to the party at national level. Everyone knew there was never any way that they would hand over power to Igbos in 2023. The rotation as it is for the presidency is between the North and South. The SW would feel eligible to contest the Presidency in 2023. Also, these theories about the SW's political oblivion don't hold any water. The core North who loathe Igbos more than any other group in the country will certainly pick a Yoruba over an Igbo in the current political climate. This is the time for Igbos to be making overtures to the Middle Belt and Niger Delta. Complacency about the SW's political oblivion is a gift for Yorubas.
i gara akwukwo nwanne...great input...
Re: . by murphyibiam15(m): 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
globemoney:
Someone should advise Ekweremadu to move to APC
exactly, so that igbos will have strongholds in both big parties

1 Like

Re: . by waternogetenemy: 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ndiigbo join me on this thread and feel free to make contributions relevant

https://www.nairaland.com/4809441/nnamdi-kanu-ipob-ten-reasons

1 Like

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2018
murphyibiam15:

i gara akwukwo nwanne...great input...

Daalu nwanne.

1 Like

Re: . by globemoney: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2018
^
Obi1kenobi is now infamous for always speaking through this anus. Wonder why people care to read the jargons he always write

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
Igbos on this thread know themselves, non igbos know themselves as well despite their pretence.

No matter how monkey struggle to make himself look good, monkey is always a monkey.
Only myopic and gullible igboos on this thread can't differentiate the real igbos and Igbo wannabes.
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
globemoney:
^
Obi1kenobi is now infamous for always speaking through this anus. Wonder why people care to read the jargons he always write

Shut up.

Obi1kenobi, pazienza, cjrane and curlieweed are intelligent contributors to this platform.

Their ideas are articulated and smartly put.

Ndiigbo should start courting middle belt and ss alongside tambuwal and kwankwaso in pursuit of 2023.

With the option to pick Tambuwal as vice.

Because it will be a shame on us should Yoruba do 8 year presidency bid, 8 year VP and another 4 year Presidency before the SE.

We go kukuma become 4th majority tribe while the ijaws replace us since they have had a shot at the presidency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by globemoney: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2018

3 Likes

Re: . by globemoney: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
Funnicator:

[s]Shut up.

Obi1kenobi, pazienza, cjrane and curlieweed are intelligent contributors to this platform.

Their ideas are articulated and smartly put.

Ndiigbo should start courting middle belt and ss alongside tambuwal and kwankwaso in pursuit of 2023.

With the option to pick Tambuwal as vice.

Because it will be a shame on us should Yoruba do 8 year presidency bid, 8 year VP and another 4 year Presidency before the SE.

We go kukuma become 4th majority tribe while the ijaws replace us since they have had a shot at the presidency.[/s]
You are one of the dumbest people on this thread. I doubt you are even igbo.

Weren't you the one opening threads everywhere insulting Nnamdi Kanu? Or because we didnt bother to waste our time in your threads?

Most igbos dont like Kanu's approach but how many of them did you see opening threads to abuse him? The jury is still out on you. Your opinions here like that of Obi1kenobi, cjrane2, omambala1 and other identity confused clowns are majorly useless..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2018
globemoney:

Weren't you the one opening threads everywhere insulting Nnamdi Kanu? Or because we didnt bother to waste our time in your threads?

Most igbos dont like Kanu's approach but how many of them did you see opening threads to abuse him? The jury is still out on you. Your opinions here like that of Obi1kenobi, cjrane2, omambala1 and other identity confused clowns are majorly useless..

Well,

This is my trolling account so forgive me if I come across as unserious most times grin

However, on a serious note. Why do you IPOB supporters rush to tag a an Igbo dissenting mind, a Yoruba or any other tribe that is different from Igbo?

It is rather insultive and exposes your low level of exposure.
To you and your ilk, whosoever that disagrees with your modus operandi or those of IPOB is no different from a Yoruba.

Personally, I think the seed of distrust, hatred for Yoruba and Fulani, that NK via radio Biafra planted into the minds of their followers is the root cause of the problem and what is causing you lot to label anti-IPOB views to be non-Igbos.

It is disgusting and non-appealing.

You can go ahead and keep campaigning for IPOB. But if you really are an IPOB supporter by heart, I dare you to come up with realistic plans on how you will achieve your goals instead of burning the bridges it took us years after the civil war, to build with other ethnic groups.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
globemoney:

The jury is still out on him because some anonymous nonentity on Nairaland said so? grin One has to be high on cheap Osogbo weed to think that a mindless, mentally ill, charlatan like Nnamdi Kanu is the litmus test of whether one is Igbo or not. I don't care to belong to your tribe, so shove your self-importance up your arse. I'm Igbo by birth, not because some self-important anonymous Nairaland charlatan ascribes the power of declaring who is Igbo or not to himself, based on his narrow-minded, foolish views about IPOB.

Anyone, anywhere, anyhow, at anytime reserves the right to abuse your cult-leader, lord and master. He's a jobless charlatan and a mentally unbalanced individual who embarrasses Igbos everywhere with his antics and gimmicks, and his followers who don't realize how much of a laughing stock they are to sane people embarrass Igbos everywhere. Throw yourself off the nearest bridge if you find that unpalatable. smiley

2 Likes

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2018
Funnicator:

Well,

This is my trolling account so forgive me if I come across as unserious most times grin

However, on a serious note. Why do you IPOB supporters rush to tag a an Igbo dissenting mind, a Yoruba or any other tribe that is different from Igbo?

It is rather insultive and exposes your low level of exposure.
To you and your ilk, whosoever that disagrees with your modus operandi or those of IPOB is no different from a Yoruba.

Personally, I think the seed of distrust, hatred for Yoruba and Fulani, that NK via radio Biafra planted into the minds of their followers is the root cause of the problem and what is causing you lot to label anti-IPOB views to be non-Igbos.

It is disgusting and non-appealing.

You can go ahead and keep campaigning for IPOB. But if you really are an IPOB supporter by heart, I dare you to come up with realistic plans on how you will achieve your goals instead of burning the bridges it took us years after the civil war, to build with other ethnic groups.

Because as I have said and demonstrated severally, they are a mindless cult. They are ruled by bitterness and resentment and hatred and like many cults, dissenting views cannot be tolerated and everyone with dissenting views is an enemy. A mindless cult is all they are which is why they are destined to only remain a political nuisance who can accomplish nothing other than noise-making and dreaming of the Niger Delta and Benue that they'll add to their Biafran paradise as their lord and master told them. I would consider them a joke: except that the bad joke they are, they are actually an obstacle to Igbos political advancement. Many other Nigerian groups generalize Igbos based on the divisive, provocative, dangerous rhetoric that IPOB cult members spout everywhere. Niger Delta groups think we want to steal their land because the IPOB lord and master said it belongs to us. The political bridges we're supposed to be building across all zones in preparation for a run for an Igbo presidency in 2023 is a non-starter because all that many Nigerians can think of when they think of Igbos is IPOB nuisances.

Believe it or not, if they could even articulate a coherent strategy of how they wish to move forward with their dreams, I even sympathize with their cause. But it's just a group of noisemakers who enjoy noise for the sake of noise and the attention that their noise brings them.

3 Likes

Re: . by achi4u(m): 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
hammerF:

Unu anugo...

We are Anambra men fighting for Enugu international airport.

Anambra will always prioritise Igbo interest.

This is why other states like Ebonyi envy us but truth be told, Ebonyi will only fight for Ebonyi, same Imo and Abia but Anambra is a regional power.
mtcheeeeew!!!
You guys and this childish post.
We the Ebonyians don't have time for anybody who don't have time for us.
Is this too hard to understand?

1 Like

Re: . by superlightning: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Because as I have said and demonstrated severally, they are a mindless cult. They are ruled by bitterness and resentment and hatred and like many cults, dissenting views cannot be tolerated and everyone with dissenting views is an enemy. A mindless cult is all they are which is why they are destined to only remain a political nuisance who can accomplish nothing other than noise-making and dreaming of the Niger Delta and Benue that they'll add to their Biafran paradise as their lord and master told them. I would consider them a joke: except that the bad joke they are, they are actually an obstacle to Igbos political advancement. Many other Nigerian groups generalize Igbos based on the divisive, provocative, dangerous rhetoric that IPOB cult members spout everywhere. Niger Delta groups think we want to steal their land because the IPOB lord and master said it belongs to us. The political bridges we're supposed to be building across all zones in preparation for a run for an Igbo presidency in 2023 is a non-starter because all that many Nigerians can think of when they think of Igbos is IPOB nuisances.

Believe it or not, if they could even articulate a coherent strategy of how they wish to move forward with their dreams, I even sympathize with their cause. But it's just a group of noisemakers who enjoy noise for the sake of noise and the attention that their noise brings them.

Nobody needs your sympathy. Its worthless. Quit commenting on issues you don't like and know nothing about.

If I face your type now, you would report me for bullying you.... Iberibe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by globemoney: 11:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

[s]About as worthless as IPOB nuisances disgracing their fathers to follow a cult leader like mindless sheep.
Uuuhhhh......a keyboard warrior on the internet said he will "bully" me. I'm sooooo scared. I think I just soiled my underwear in fear. grin IPOB noisemakers are renowned for their chest-beating, but they everly end up like this:[/s]
You are just ranting like a mad man. You cant come to this thread and be insulting Nnamdi Kanu, a lot of people on this thread dont like some of his actions, they criticize him but not to write him off totally like you do, thats traits of afonjas on Nairaland, you can go and join them in their threads and we'll respond to you there. Don't come here and be talking nonsense. Even people far more useful than you have called Kanu all sorts of names, did that change anything? You are just wasting your time. My own is for you to take your jargons out of here, you are not well informed.
Go get more information before coming here to talk nonsense. It seems you are mentally challenged.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 12:05am On Oct 26, 2018
globemoney:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Globemoney don vex be dat! lipsrsealed

There are some peeps here i believe are not Igbo, or are Igbo but are grade-1 efulefus in the mould of Igbokwe and Orji Uzor Kalu! I've stopped reading their posts as well!

It's ok to disagree with Mazi Kanu approach (i disagree with his stand on one or two issues), but when you start using the kind of abusive language on him that Igbo haters normally use then you cross a red line! That man Kanu has put his life on the line by coming back to Nigeria to stare the Pharaoh in the face eyeball-to-eyeball all in a bid to free his people from the curse that is 'one Nigeria', and if anyone feels he's not doing it the right way then they should be just as brave by stepping away from their computer, coming out in the open and declaring their own stand on the issues affecting us as a people!

The self-centred approach of playing useless Nigerian politics that we've all been 'playing' since 1970 and which has got us nowhere, (except being cheated by the other two major ethnic groups) while our contemporaries like Singapore, UAE, Malaysia and even little Rwanda are showing us a clean pair of heels and leaving us for dust while making giant strides in economic development.....such an unworkable approach needs to either be overhauled or totally abandoned altogether!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:07am On Oct 26, 2018
globemoney:

You are just ranting like a mad man. You cant come to this thread and be insulting Nnamdi Kanu, a lot of people on this thread dont like some of his actions, they criticize him but not to write him off totally like you do, thats traits of afonjas on Nairaland, you can go and join them in their threads and we'll respond to you there. Don't come here and be talking nonsense. Even people far more useful than you have called Kanu all sorts of names, did that change anything? You are just wasting your time. My own is for you to take your jargons out of here, you are not well informed.
Go get more information before coming here to talk nonsense. It seems you are mentally challenged.

I can come on this thread and insult whoever the hell I want. I can write off whoever the hell I want. I can come here and talk whatever the hell "nonsense" I want, anytime I want. I don't need your permission to call out a deranged loon and his delusional followers for who they are: a cancer to Igbos and their aspirations.

You're still rambling aimlessly about my "jargons", but as is typical of IPOB sheep, you've addressed zero points I've raised but have spent all the time wailing about me insulting your god and master. If you have nothing of substance to say other than wailing about my insulting your lord and savior, quit wasting my time.

3 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:26am On Oct 26, 2018
Well, inasmuch as I hate the idea of multiethinic Biafra Kanu is pursuing, and think it puts Ndiigbo up as sacrificial lamb for other groups in Nigeria who want to ride behind his agitation and push their various agenda, while trying as much as possible to push the consequences of the failure of NK cause, to Ndiigbo.
I think we should desist from how we insult NK. He might be a nuisance, a fool, a wise man, a Messiah, a rabble rouser or whatever thing you think he is, but he is our own fool, our own wise man, our own rabble rouser, etc.

I find it funny that most Igbos who criticize NK, are same Igbos who don't believe in Biafra, these group of Igbos for their various selfish interests want Ndiigbo to continue to exist in Nigeria.
So they make it a point of duty to find faults in those pushing for Biafra.
They criticize the methods Igbo groups adopt in pushing for Biafra, and you begin to wonder if the methods anyone choose to go about Biafra would appeal to these lots, seeing as they had made up their mind that Biafra isn't a viable option for Ndiigbo. With such conviction, one begin to realize that there is never going to be a perfect Biafra fighting group for these lots.

If you are Igbo, and truly believe that Ndiigbo cannot achieve our potentials without having an independent nation of our own, common sense would direct that if for any reason you don't fancy NK and IPOB method of going about Biafra realization, if you believe you have better plans, then you are a bigger coward for not stepping into the light, take away your anonymous cloak Internet affords, sacrifice your career and life ambitions,sacrifice the opportunity to spend time with family and loved ones, risk the safety of yourself and your family, and step into the streets of IGBO land to sell your own better ideas to Igbo people.
If you can't do the above, then you have not truly earned the right to mock ,castigate and denigrate NK who had done all the above, to build IPOB to its current stage.
It's not an easy task, hence you must atleast show respect to the man.

Ndiigbo are independent minded ones, if you have better ideas on Biafra actualization, and you sell this idea by puting yourself and identity on the line, like NK did, and not hide behind computer and phone screens in the comfort of your home, I'm sure Ndiigbo would listen.
MASSOB was existing, yet it never stopped NK from building his IPOB, IPOB obviously was an upgrade on MASSOB and had since surpassed MASSOB. Likewise, if you are truly serious about the Biafra and Igbo independence from Nigeria, existence of IPOB shouldn't deter you.
You can't be condemning IPOB, without creating( not suggesting from the comfort of your home) a viable alternative for Ndiigbo.

This message is for everyone of us here, myself inclusive.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:34am On Oct 26, 2018
Xander85:

There are some peeps here i believe are not Igbo, or are Igbo but are grade-1 efulefus in the mould of Igbokwe and Orji Uzor Kalu! I've stopped reading their posts as well!

It's ok to disagree with Mazi Kanu approach (i disagree with his stand on one or two issues), but when you start using the kind of abusive language on him that Igbo haters normally use then you cross a red line! That man Kanu has put his life on the line by coming back to Nigeria to stare the Pharaoh in the face eyeball-to-eyeball all in a bid to free his people from the curse that is 'one Nigeria', and if anyone feels he's not doing it the right way then they should be just as brave by stepping away from their computer, coming out in the open and declaring their own stand on the issues affecting us as a people!

The self-centred approach of playing useless Nigerian politics that we've all been 'playing' since 1970 and which has got us nowhere, (except being cheated by the other two major ethnic groups) while our contemporaries like Singapore, UAE, Malaysia and even little Rwanda are showing us a clean pair of heels and leaving us for dust while making giant strides in economic development.....such an unworkable approach needs to either be overhauled or totally abandoned altogether!

Firstly, he put nothing on the line. Stop deceiving yourselves with myth-making. He came on a visit to Nigeria, unaware of his wanted status, and never expected to be arrested. Had he expected to be, he would never have come. Then pushed the boundaries of his bail conditions and got completely ignored (coinciding with months of Buhari's sick absence in the UK) which emboldened him to think himself untouchable. And when the trouble he had been courting with his hateful dangerous rhetoric finally came to his door, he fled and left his disciples to face the consequences of his stupidity.
Oh, and many who felt he was not doing it "the right way" stepped up to caution him on his dangerous rhetoric - from Ohaneze to the Igbo governors - and they were targets of abuse from typically uncouth IPOB cult members. Those same Igbo leaders they spurned abandoned Nnamdi Kanu to the FG to deal with and his unthinking disciples started calling them betrayers - as if they were ever followers of Kanu's cult.

It's funny you don't see your hypocrisy talking about those abusing Kanu when there is not a more abusive group in Nigeria than IPOB. Name any group that as hatefully abusive as IPOB cult members. You here have abused Joe Igbokwe and Orji Uzor Kalu as "efulefus". I have a book that Joe Igbokwe published in 1995 - "Igbos: 25 Years After Biafra" - long before he was active in Lagos politics and it was obvious he was a Zikist nationalist who advocated Igbo integration and participation wherever they found themselves in Nigeria: a philosophy diametrically opposed to Kanu's ravings. Whether this is the right or wrong way is besides the point. He doesn't deserve to be called an "efulefu" by IPOB touts because he's active in Lagos politics or because he's a nationalist who believes Igbos can be politically engaged in any locale they find themselves. Nnamdi Kanu and his followers called him a "slave". If you're going to critique something, at least try and be consistent and don't be a hypocrite.

Finally, I have addressed your final paragraph a number of times in the last 2 pages, and yet it still keeps coming up. It is pointless regaling us with all the ways Igbos are finding it hard in Nigeria. It is pointless critiquing "politics as usual" without similarly telling us precisely what IPOB's agenda is. Cos all I see is just a whole lot of noise with no logical coherence.

3 Likes

Re: . by globemoney: 12:36am On Oct 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

[s]I can come on this thread and insult whoever the hell I want. I can write off whoever the hell I want. I can come here and talk whatever the hell "nonsense" I want, anytime I want. I don't need your permission to call out a deranged loon and his delusional followers for who they are: a cancer to Igbos and their aspirations.

You're still rambling aimlessly about my "jargons", but as is typical of IPOB sheep, you've addressed zero points I've raised but have spent all the time wailing about me insulting your god and master. If you have nothing of substance to say other than wailing about my insulting your lord and savior, quit wasting my time.[/s]
So why are you angry when I call you afonja and ask people to ignore your nonsense like I have long been doing? You exhibit the traits of an afonja. You may call yourself igbo just like Rochas calls himself but we will always label you as a traitor when we want to discuss igbo issues. Go and join your fellow afonjas who are scared of Nnamdi Kanu to death, it's allowed. This is strictly an igbo thread.

I have always told you I'm not a big fan of Nnamdi Kanu and you keep calling me IPOB sheep.. sigh grin grin

5 Likes

Re: . by globemoney: 12:37am On Oct 26, 2018
Xander85:

The bold is exactly my thoughts! Could not have been better said.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:42am On Oct 26, 2018
We all know the limitations of IPOB. Let me list some of them.
1. Multiethinicity
2. Failure to realize that most strong institutions or entities are better destroyed from inside and not from outside. The Greek could not bring down Troy, until they used the Greek gift to get themselves past the impregnable gates of Troy , and once inside, they fought ferociously and conquered Troy.
Nigeria is Troy for Ndiigbo today. There is no breaking down this Troy from outside, we need to get close. Our route to this is via political process. Even Zik recognized that the only way to dismantle British colonial rule was to become part and parcel of the British colonial government. Strong entities are better destroyed from inside.
By rigging themselves out of the political process of Nigeria in Igboland, IPOB have simply rejected their only Greek Trojan horse, and instead decided to stay outside the fence and waste their time. This is pure own goal.
Ofcourse. Pro IPOB Igbos justify this self destructive stance by claiming that Nigerian political processes are flawed and corrupts all who touches it, but we all know this is a flimsy excuse and in no way makes sense. IPOB have grassroot youthful support. They have hordes of lawyers amongst them. They are more than capable of protecting their votes from rigging and holding Nigeria to ransom via court processes and protests, should an unpopular candidate be elected.

There are lots more problems with IPOB, but the above two are the main ones.
Anyone thinking of offering Ndiigbo an upgrade on IPOB, like IPOB offered us upgrade on MASSOB, must be thinking of correcting the above two fundamental flaws of IPOB.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by globemoney: 12:44am On Oct 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

[s]Firstly, he put nothing on the line. Stop deceiving yourselves with myth-making. He came on a visit to Nigeria, unaware of his wanted status, and never expected to be arrested. Had he expected to be, he would never have come. Then pushed the boundaries of his bail conditions and got completely ignored (coinciding with months of Buhari's sick absence in the UK) which emboldened him to think himself untouchable. And when the trouble he had been courting with his hateful dangerous rhetoric finally came to his door, he fled and left his disciples to face the consequences of his stupidity.
Oh, and many who felt he was not doing it "the right way" stepped up to caution him on his dangerous rhetoric - from Ohaneze to the Igbo governors - and they were targets of abuse from typically uncouth IPOB cult members. Those same Igbo leaders they spurned abandoned Nnamdi Kanu to the FG to deal with and his unthinking disciples started calling them betrayers - as if they were ever followers of Kanu's cult.

It's funny you don't see your hypocrisy talking about those abusing Kanu when there is not a more abusive group in Nigeria than IPOB. Name any group that as hatefully abusive as IPOB cult members. You here have abused Joe Igbokwe and Orji Uzor Kalu as "efulefus". I have a book that Joe Igbokwe published in 1995 - "Igbos: 25 Years After Biafra" - long before he was active in Lagos politics and it was obvious he was a Zikist nationalist who advocated Igbo integration and participation wherever they found themselves in Nigeria: a philosophy diametrically opposed to Kanu's ravings. Whether this is the right or wrong way is besides the point. He doesn't deserve to be called an "efulefu" by IPOB touts because he's active in Lagos politics or because he's a nationalist who believes Igbos can be politically engaged in any locale they find themselves. Nnamdi Kanu and his followers called him a "slave". If you're going to critique something, at least try and be consistent and don't be a hypocrite.

Finally, I have addressed your final paragraph a number of times in the last 2 pages, and yet it still keeps coming up. It is pointless regaling us with all the ways Igbos are finding it hard in Nigeria. It is pointless critiquing "politics as usual" without similarly telling us precisely what IPOB's agenda is. Cos all I see is just a whole lot of noise with no logical coherence.[/s]
what has Nnamdi Kanu said that is more uncouth and abusive than the Oba of Lagos threatening to drown igbos in the Lagoon or similar statements from the north including the quit notice to igbos in the north? Pray tell, show us when you showed the same venom to these people like you are showing to Kanu. Stop deceiving yourself. You're not igbo. You think we will continue to be the punching bag of other Nigerians. More Nnamdi Kanus are coming you idiot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 1:09am On Oct 26, 2018
globemoney:

what has Nnamdi Kanu said that is more uncouth and abusive than the Oba of Lagos threatening to drown igbos in the Lagoon or similar statements from the north including the quit notice to igbos in the north? Pray tell, show us when you showed the same venom to these people like you are showing to Kanu. Stop deceiving yourself. You're not igbo. You think we will continue to be the punching bag of other Nigerians. More Nnamdi Kanus are coming you idiot

He's Igbo. I even know his facebook account.
It took me time to establish the connection. angry

He is just one of those politically correct people.

1 Like

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:09am On Oct 26, 2018
pazienza:
Well, inasmuch as I hate the idea of multiethinic Biafra Kanu is pursuing, and think it puts Ndiigbo up as sacrificial lamb for other groups in Nigeria who want to ride behind his agitation and push their various agenda, while trying as much as possible to push the consequences of the failure of NK cause, to Ndiigbo.
I think we should desist from how we insult NK. He might be a nuisance, a fool, a wise man, a Messiah, a rabble rouser or whatever thing you think he is, but he is our own fool, our own wise man, our own rabble rouser, etc.

I find it funny that most Igbos who criticize NK, are same Igbos who don't believe in Biafra, these group of Igbos for their various selfish interests want Ndiigbo to continue to exist in Nigeria.
So they make it a point of duty to find faults in those pushing for Biafra.
They criticize the methods Igbo groups adopt in pushing for Biafra, and you begin to wonder if the methods anyone choose to go about Biafra would appeal to these lots, seeing as they had made up their mind that Biafra isn't a viable option for Ndiigbo. With such conviction, one begin to realize that there is never going to be a perfect Biafra fighting group for these lots.

There is a lot of conjecturing here. You're making a lot of presumptions. Firstly, politics is about persuasion. The Brexit movement for example took time to gain momentum - initially championed mostly by a tiny minority party in the UK with no seats in Parliament, the UKIP. If a group like IPOB has not done its homework and their primary (and only) strategy is whipping up frenzied resentment at the "zoo", then they're not fit for purpose. And yes, people like me have no interest in secession. But I am open-minded to cogent solutions and I'll always listen to a good argument if I find it persuasive. Interminably ranting about the "zoo", riling up and provoking seemingly every other Nigerian group (and dissenting Igbos) with unguarded utterances and insults and preaching election boycotts to further disenfranchise ourselves is absolute lunacy that no thinking person should take seriously. Which is why I do not take IPOB seriously. My further personal hate of Nnamdi Kanu (a guy with "narcissistic charlatan" basically tattooed on his forehead) and the cult-like following he attracts adds to the fervor.
If there is a way to get this "perfect Biafra", let them articulate it clearly. Ranting about the zoo, abusing Buhari and Fulanis and Muslims and Yorubas is no substitute for policy.

If you are Igbo, and truly believe that Ndiigbo cannot achieve our potentials without having an independent nation of our own, common sense would direct that if for any reason you don't fancy NK and IPOB method of going about Biafra realization, if you believe you have better plans, then you are a bigger coward for not stepping into the light, take away your anonymous cloak Internet affords, sacrifice your career and life ambitions,sacrifice the opportunity to spend time with family and loved ones, risk the safety of yourself and your family, and step into the streets of IGBO land to sell your own better ideas to Igbo people.
If you can't do the above, then you have not truly earned the right to mock ,castigate and denigrate NK who had done all the above, to build IPOB to its current stage.
It's not an easy task, hence you must atleast show respect to the man.

Ndiigbo are independent minded ones, if you have better ideas on Biafra actualization, and you sell this idea by puting yourself and identity on the line, like NK did, and not hide behind computer and phone screens in the comfort of your home, I'm sure Ndiigbo would listen.
MASSOB was existing, yet it never stopped NK from building his IPOB, IPOB obviously was an upgrade on MASSOB and had since surpassed MASSOB. Likewise, if you are truly serious about the Biafra and Igbo independence from Nigeria, existence of IPOB shouldn't deter you.
You can't be condemning IPOB, without creating( not suggesting from the comfort of your home) a viable alternative for Ndiigbo.

This message is for everyone of us here, myself inclusive.

The emboldened is specious. All of us are not bound to be political. I'm an introvert and don't care to lead any people in anything. That is fitting with my temperament. This does not mean anyone who is not political shelves the right to critique dangerous charlatans. Else, even journalists do not have a right to critique politicians and you do not have a right to appraise the performance of your Councillors or Reps or Senators or Governors or whoever. Kanu also did not make the sacrifices you're claiming above. Providence got him into his position. He got arrested, attracted a lot of sympathetic rage from Ndigbo and harnessed it and had the power of personality to utilize it. I don't know of any evidence he sacrificed his career. He probably got like 100 times richer from his IPOB activities. IPOB basically became his profession and brand. As far as I'm concerned, he never expected things to go wrong for him and he was drunk on power. He is never coming back here to make any of the "sacrifices" you're claiming. I expect him to devote the rest of his life to ranting on the internet about the "zoo".

My alternative for Igbos is clear. To build bridges with other groups in Nigeria if they expect the Presidency, rather than alienating everyone in the "zoo". If the Yorubas can do it, there is no reason we can't. And if truly they are interested in a Biafran republic, to do their homework which takes assiduous effort and time in mobilization and lobbying, as has been done in every other civilized clime. If that is too much hardwork and compulsion is our strategy, then take up arms and fight the state like some small Balkan states did. I certainly won't be joining but if those who harbour the dream are that set on it, that is the only viable route if you eschew the political process.
Else, anything else is a whole lot of pointless noise that will accomplish absolutely nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:12am On Oct 26, 2018
globemoney:

So why are you angry when I call you afonja and ask people to ignore your nonsense like I have long been doing? You exhibit the traits of an afonja. You may call yourself igbo just like Rochas calls himself but we will always label you as a traitor when we want to discuss igbo issues. Go and join your fellow afonjas who are scared of Nnamdi Kanu to death, it's allowed. This is strictly an igbo thread.

I have always told you I'm not a big fan of Nnamdi Kanu and you keep calling me IPOB sheep.. sigh grin grin

You've long ignored my nonsense. Yet, here you are at after 1:00 am in the morning responding to me. grin

2 Likes

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:15am On Oct 26, 2018
pazienza:
We all know the limitations of IPOB. Let me list some of them.
1. Multiethinicity
2. Failure to realize that most strong institutions or entities are better destroyed from inside and not from outside. The Greek could not bring down Troy, until they used the Greek gift to get themselves past the impregnable gates of Troy , and once inside, they fought ferociously and conquered Troy.
Nigeria is Troy for Ndiigbo today. There is no breaking down this Troy from outside, we need to get close. Our route to this is via political process. Even Zik recognized that the only way to dismantle British colonial rule was to become part and parcel of the British colonial government. Strong entities are better destroyed from inside.
By rigging themselves out of the political process of Nigeria in Igboland, IPOB have simply rejected their only Greek Trojan horse, and instead decided to stay outside the fence and waste their time. This is pure own goal.
Ofcourse. Pro IPOB Igbos justify this self destructive stance by claiming that Nigerian political processes are flawed and corrupts all who touches it, but we all know this is a flimsy excuse and in no way makes sense. IPOB have grassroot youthful support. They have hordes of lawyers amongst them. They are more than capable of protecting their votes from rigging and holding Nigeria to ransom via court processes and protests, should an unpopular candidate be elected.

There are lots more problems with IPOB, but the above two are the main ones.
Anyone thinking of offering Ndiigbo an upgrade on IPOB, like IPOB offered us upgrade on MASSOB, must be thinking of correcting the above two fundamental flaws of IPOB.

It's funny you basically made all my points above. Yet, I'm not sure what you're disputing other than how polite I am to people that are not polite themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.