Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,686 members, 7,865,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

. - Politics (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (592503 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

Obviously a mistake.
Onne is a River port too.

Ndiigbo can get our own River port at Obuaku Ndoki too.
So no biggie, all that is lacking now is the political will to do so, which we would have in Biafra. We would still have the Ijaw bottle neck to deal with.
Ikwerreland simply has nothing to offer Igboland that we already don't have, only misinformed Igbos cling unto Ikwerre.
Ikwerreland is simply not strategic to Igbo nation interests.

I owe you one bottle Biko

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

Ikwerreland simply has nothing to offer Igboland that we already don't have, only misinformed Igbos cling unto Ikwerre.

This cannot be overemphasized...I am getting very sick of Igbos too desperate for blind brotherhood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2018
HopeAtHand:

If you really know Rivers state and her geographical map, you'd have know that after Port Harcourt, what you have down south is water and swamp. Ikwerres own the usable land in Rivers state, the rest beneath us is just water and swamp.

Ask yourself why didnt the British build a port down in Ijawlands. Why do they have to site it in PH. Simple answer, the land down to the sea is useless. Period.
i used blue to shade rivers port. Look at that water and tell me the dufference between it and the river that flows into abia state...shaded with green

Plus...the only reason the british built a port in ikwerre land and not in ijaw land is because they thought ikwerre land was part of igboland and they had a poliy of allowing majority tribes to control political and economic power. Of course we know ikwerre started being non-igbo after the war

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2018
horsepower101:

This cannot be overemphasized...I am getting very sick of Igbos too desperate for blind brotherhood.

We aren't 3xtending brotherhood to ikwerre..who talks about them and Ọgba even Ika ? Who does that ?
Re: . by Purehuman(m): 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
Bede2u:
i agree with all u said. I just want to say that tho i want anioma state created and added to SE, they really wont solve the biggest problem of SE which is direct access to sea port.

The only viable way to solve that is to include parts non-igbo SS into SE.

The smallest parts of SS we can include into SE to gain our sea access are the LGAs of khana, oyigbo and opobo.

Either we find a way to do the above, or we remain landlocked. Even if we add anioma and ikwerre join...still wont gv us the deep blue sea

The Ijaws love the way we do not have control of the sea. If we gain access, we become too powerful to control. Will they love to release the land to the igbos, I seriously doubt the possibility.

What is our best shot? Can we lure the less aggressive Efiks, annangs and oron (Akwa ibom) to a round table and discuss business with them. They get to control the oil/gas and sea access and all other assets they might have. We can even tell them that they will be given a Lagos status. We can also rouse their emotions by using the last Biafran president, Phillip effiong to show that they can still rule the entity Biafra.

If they are smart, they will know that they are actually solving a real problem for 40million people who are heavily business conscious and they will never be poor with such realities.

Why am I running away from Ikwerre enclaves? Ijaws are nursing leadership of the Niger delta in their hearts and it will be very difficult for them to start losing territory that will make dem smaller. They will not agree with us. Opobo as we all know answer to ijaws in the state, so we cannot agree any terms with opobo without first getting the ijaws in line.

We can agree with the federal government to cede Rivers for Akwa ibom state. Since no real investment from the federal government in the state unlike Rivers, they will fight less.

5 Likes

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
Purehuman:

The Ijaws love the way we do not have control of the sea. If we gain access, we become too powerful to control. Will they love to release the land to the igbos, I seriously doubt the possibility.

What is our best shot? Can we lure the less aggressive Efiks, annangs and oron (Akwa ibom) to a round table and discuss business with them. They get to control the oil/gas and sea access and all other assets they might have. We can even tell them that they will be given a Lagos status. We can also rouse their emotions by using the last Biafran president, Phillip effiong to show that they can still rule the entity Biafra.

If they are smart, they will know that they are actually solving a real problem for 40million people who are heavily business conscious and they will never be poor with such realities.

Why am I running away from Ikwerre enclaves? Ijaws are nursing leadership of the Niger delta in their hearts and it will be very difficult for them to start losing territory that will make dem smaller. They will not agree with us. Opobo as we all know answer to ijaws in the state, so we cannot agree any terms with opobo without first getting the ijaws in line.

We can agree with the federal government to cede Rivers for Akwa ibom state. Since no real investment from the federal government in the state unlike Rivers, they will fight less.
another smart person...i love this

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
There is another thing Igbos on this forum keep underestimating which is CARGO AIRPORT.

Just imagine 5 massive cargo Airports in the east with with each having 15 to 20 jumbo jets for import and export of goods.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
horsepower101:
There is another thing Igbos on this forum keep underestimating which is CARGO AIRPORT.

Just imagine 5 massive cargo Airports in the east with with each having 15 to 20 jumbo jets for import and export of goods.
how many normal sized containers does it carry?
Re: . by Purehuman(m): 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
Bede2u:
thats not true. Somalia has closed many times the river that south sudan uses. The niger river in nigeria is 100% owned by nigeria. The one in ghana is 100% owned by ghana.

If oil is discovered in lokoja river niger today, it will be owned 100% by nigeria

A sovereign nation has control over resources in the river moving within its territory and like 4nautical miles circumference.

2 Likes

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
Bede2u:
ikwerre is landlocked...with a river port. Ur best bet in life is to get a niger delta republic where u guys will be slaves to ijaws
lol. Let him also know that ph is co owned by okrika or will it say ijaw
. Majority of the land in ph belongs to ijaw.. We shall see

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

Obviously a mistake.

So no biggie, all that is lacking now is the political will to do so, which we would have in Biafra. We would still have the Ijaw bottle neck to deal with.
onne port self.. E be like say nah ogoni land wey follow for ph

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2018
Bede2u:
how many normal sized containers does it carry?

Honestly, Not much in comparison to a ship but cargo airports can be used as a supplemental source of importation and exportation.

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

Obviously a mistake.

fa adabaro cha cha

Anyi a choro ndi ga eji guff kpochie uburu fa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Ijaw would deal with the as they are dealing with the Benin at gelegele ..Niger Delta Republic would be mini Palestine. They would look themselves we would move in and mop up

Ikwerre isn't Igbo...I repeat they aren't Igbo
God forbid.. Y we go fight for them. They will import their bini brodas to fight for them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
HopeAtHand:

If you really know Rivers state and her geographical map, you'd have know that after Port Harcourt, what you have down south is water and swamp. Ikwerres own the usable land in Rivers state, the rest beneath us is just water and swamp.

Ask yourself why didnt the British build a port down in Ijawlands. Why do they have to site it in PH. Simple answer, the land down to the sea is useless. Period.

You are saying that Ijawland is useless? grin

Don't worry, once Oil Rivers state comes on board,, e go clear for your eyes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2018
Purehuman:

apt. And also we igbos in abia state ave a lot of cultural affiliation with them. Where I come from. There are ibibios influence on us in terms of dressing. Names. Even the ekpe and the rest.. Abriba nkporo. Ohafia Aro. Etc almost abia ave been interacting with them for years.. So our kings might play a great role in this.

4 Likes

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
mightguy:
God forbid.. Y we go fight for them. They will import their bini brodas to fight for them

Now you are seeing the bigger picture
Re: . by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2018
Too many dreamers on nairaland....

Is obvious this thread is just for discussion

Few persons gossiping like ladies up and down.

1 Like

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
Osagyefo98:
Too many dreamers on nairaland....

Is obvious this thread is just for discussion

Few persons gossiping like ladies up and down.

Benin boy ..Edo isn't in Biafra and not even in Oduduwa ...face ijaw and even try get gelegele

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Benin boy ..Edo isn't in Biafra and not even in Oduduwa ...face ijaw and even try get gelegele

I never knew men can gossip like this online

God forbid.
Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
Osagyefo98:

I never knew men can gossip like this online

God forbid.

Who gossiped you ...gossip is when you talk about something in private but dude this is public forum so get a grip

Okay we gossip ..and then ?

1 Like

Re: . by vanbonattel: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
Who can speak Yiddish here? They have divided Nigeria in Israel while you dey argue about Ikwerre and ijaw people.

https://www.nairaland.com/4814701/kanu-presents-map-biafra-israeli
Re: . by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Who gossiped you ...gossip is when you talk about something in private but dude this is public forum so get a grip

Okay we gossip ..and then ?

God have mercy
Re: . by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
It would seriously be unfortunate if igbos would even THINK of helping ikwerre people talk more of actually helping them when the crisis start between them and ijaws, I just hope ipob stop fooling gullible igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
Abagworo:

Rivers State is too complex for average Nigerian. The Eleme you call Ogoni undeniably has links with Ogoni but then also with Okrika, Opobo, Igbo, Ikwerre and even Akwaibom. It's a distinct ethnic group but more related in language to Ogoni.

Leave this treachery alone.
Eleme is Ogoni. What is happening In Rivers state is not complex or peculiar. When distinct linguistic groups Co inhabit as neighbors, cross migration do occur as well as inter breeding via marriage. You see this between Northern Ebonyi people and Idomas, Northern Anambra and Igalas, etc. No ethnic group is truly pure, there is always admixtures from neighboring groups.

There is nothing distinct about Eleme other than politics of greed. Eleme is Ogoni.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by vanbonattel: 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
Abagworo, this is your lord and personal savior Rochas destroying my state capital.

3 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

That's another option...we can make bonny or opobo an oversea territory making the waterways ours automatically

Have you ever considered the fact that you don't have the power or the rights to make Bonny or Opobo your oversea territory, as those two groups consider themselves Ijaws and are key players in INC and IYC today?

6 Likes

Re: . by Xander85: 1:18am On Oct 29, 2018
Musical intermission! smiley

Can anyone argue with the fact that the most enduring songs ever to come out of Igboland were recorded in the period preceding and after the civil war? I think it has something to do with the pains and emotional scars of the upheavals and civil war of the time being channelled into music! Same thing could be said about the American black civil rights period of the 60s, as the most enduring and evergreen music was made by blacks mainly during this period; think of Otis Redding and Sam Cooke.

The spotlight in this post is on Harcourt Whyte....an Ijaw man that sang some of the best (if not the best) Igbo gospel songs ever! Another one is Sir Warrior and his Oriental Brothers.

Harcourt Whyte: Nna Chebe Nwa Gi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P6hkZBbcvg

Harcourt Whyte: Atula Egwu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNgIA1irTO8

Sir Warrior & His Oriental Brothers: Ugo Chi Nyerem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAhyBNIh1i8

Feel free to add yours...those songs that remind you of your parents or magically transport you to the late 60s and 70s when you listen to them.

2 Likes

Re: . by OreMI22: 1:24am On Oct 29, 2018
Xander85:
Musical intermission! smiley

Can anyone argue with the fact that the most enduring songs ever to come out of Igboland were recorded in the period preceding and after the civil war? I think it has something to do with the pains and emotional scars of the upheavals and civil war of the time being channelled into music! Same thing could be said about the American black civil rights period of the 60s, as the most enduring and evergreen music was made by blacks mainly during this period; think of Otis Redding and Sam Cooke.

The spotlight in this post is on Harcourt Whyte....an Ijaw man that sang some of the best (if not the best) Igbo gospel songs ever! Another one is Sir Warrior and his Oriental Brothers.

Harcourt Whyte: Nna Chebe Nwa Gi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P6hkZBbcvg

Harcourt Whyte: Atula Egwu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNgIA1irTO8

Sir Warrior & His Oriental Brothers: Ugo Chi Nyerem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAhyBNIh1i8

Feel free to add yours...those songs that remind you of your parents or magically transport you to the late 60s and 70s when you listen to them.

Harcourt Whyte was Ijaw?

Woah! I never knew that!

2 Likes

Re: . by Xander85: 1:31am On Oct 29, 2018
OreMI22:

Harcourt Whyte was Ijaw?

Woah! I never knew that!

Me too! Was astounded to find out, considering just how beautiful his Igbo gospel songs are!

I just think of how great Biafra could have been if it had succeeded. sad

Here is a ode Cardinal Rex Lawson (another Ijaw man) made to Biafra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfdsGn1muo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.