Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,451 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:12 AM

. - Politics (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (591363 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 8:37am On Aug 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Trans Amadi-LNG link road done and dusted by Mr. Project. LOL

2 Likes

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 8:40am On Aug 18, 2018
Driving through old GRA in Pitakwa..lol

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2018
B2mario:
Nice one. Guy if you are in Abia, get us recent picture of Aba and Umuahia. The pictures spyder posted here put the state in bad light.

Olomi daa, Eli lam Ebe ahu, wene mighty shi agbalagalam wene.

1 Like

Re: . by B2mario(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Olomi daa, Eli lam Ebe ahu, wene mighty shi agbalagalam wene.
Hmmm. Nwanne kee kwa nke ina asu ihe a, nke a awu mixture of ikwerre na owerri, ka o wu ndoki? Biko, suo central igbo nke m ga nu ofuma. Daalu nyie nne!

1 Like

Re: . by Xander85: 9:48am On Aug 18, 2018
spyder880:
Where is this? cheesy

Awka? undecided

1 Like

Re: . by Xander85: 9:52am On Aug 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
New shopping experience arrives in PH- Market Square is giving Everyday Supermarket a run in all facets.

What of that massive mall being constructed by the younger brother of Peter Obi? Have they finished it?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2018
B2mario:
Hmmm. Nwanne kee kwa nke ina asu ihe a, nke a awu mixture of ikwerre na owerri, ka o wu ndoki? Biko, suo central igbo nke m ga nu ofuma. Daalu nyie nne!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All these dialects are intertwined and share comic bonds
Igbo wu otu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AuntLaVIV(f): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2018
Some pictures from Awka. Photo credit: Tundebricklayer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 9:56am On Aug 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Driving through Old GRA is lovely. Security and serenity has restored people's confidence in government.

This is where Port Harcourt comes into its own! I think its old GRA is the best in the entire east....so serene, green, and with huge trees everywhere! Also, what i like is the way the grass between the road and walls of the different properties are always well trimmed and green.

1 Like

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 9:59am On Aug 18, 2018
Xander85:

What of that massive mall being constructed by the younger brother of Peter Obi? Have they finished it?

I am still in PH now . I will check that side by next week on my way to Schlumberger.

2 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2018
AuntLaVIV:
Some pictures from Awka. Photo credit: Tundebricklayer

Nice one, keep more of it coming, we are enjoying them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2018
Xander85:

This is where Port Harcourt comes into its own! I think its old GRA is the best in the entire east....so serene, green, and with huge trees everywhere! Also, what i like is the way the grass between the road and walls of the different properties are always well trimmed and green.

I concur. I have been there many times. Will visit there soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by achi4u(m): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2018
Ohaozara:
hmm! finally I'm a registered member of NAIRALAND, anyways congrats to myself. Meanwhile I've being a long time visitor to this forum but I'm forced to register today because of the great works Spider888 and other lovers of Igbo unity and progress has being doing. I may not be calling your names but we viewers are always proud to read your comments as you strive to defend and project the GREAT IGBO nation in a better perspective. We in OHAOZARA here are just fine. Ekenem Unu!!
Nwanne m nwoke u are highly welcome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Southern Igbos including Ikwerre and even non Igbos dress like this,however, it doesn't mean they are Igbos. And we all know how Ikwerre feel about Igbo tag.

Non igbos dress like this?
I know some ikwerres don't like being called igbos that's why I'm commending Duncan mighty in doing these stuffs..

small things like this matters a lot if you don't know

4 Likes

Re: . by B2mario(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All these dialects are intertwined and share comic bonds
Igbo wu otu

Yes. And I understood the dialect but the problem is how you twirsted everything up. ''Olom daa'' is owerri, ''wene'' is ikwerri while ndoki and Asa use ''wine/wane''. Then i dont know what ''mighty'' is doing there or is like you copied the statement from Duncan mighty?

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2018
cheesy cheesy

I've been tapping leather here in Enugu for the past two hours, you needed to see me dribbling everyone in the field cheesy No bi small exercise o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2018
Somewhere between Orifite, Ihiala, Mgbidi, Awo Omamma......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2018
B2mario:
Yes. And I understood the dialect but the problem is how you twirsted everything up. ''Olom daa'' is owerri, ''wene'' is ikwerri while ndoki and Asa use ''wine/wane''. Then i dont know what ''mighty'' is doing there or is like you copied the statement from Duncan mighty?

Gbam!

Nwike-nwaike,
nwoke - nwoko,
Nwanne - wene

Ala - Ali - Ani - Ana

Ofe-Ohe

Etc

Linguistic derivatives, evolution of dialects

Asusu igbo ga di

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
This is exactly how they have been cutting all the trees, even in Igboland.

https://www.nairaland.com/4683183/priest-cuts-down-tree-hindering

Do you know I faced exactly this same problem in one of my sites this very week. They forced us to cut down the only tree we left after demolishing the old compound. I and the owner were so sad, but we had to listen to people around who all advised the tree must be cut down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by B2mario(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Gbam!

Nwike-nwaike,
nwoke - nwoko,
Nwanne - wene

Ala - Ali - Ani - Ana

Ofe-Ohe

Etc

Asusu igbo ga di
You are on point. Igbo language is unique. No much difference between the dialects just difference of letters. Once you can understand one you can understand at least 20% of the rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Gbam!

Nwike-nwaike,
nwoke - nwoko,
Nwanne - wene

Ala - Ali - Ani - Ana

Ofe-Ohe

Etc

Asusu igbo ga di

The diversity of Igbo Language is amazing. It makes me wonder what the original Proto-igbo language sounded like.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Dremca(m): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
We also have our brothers in equitorial guinea
horsepower101:

The diversity of Igbo Language is amazing. It makes me wonder what the original Proto-igbo language sounded like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dremca:
We also have our brothers in equitorial guinea

I also heard there was a significant amount of Igbos in Gabon though they are recently migrants that relocated there during the civil war. In fact, their president is suspected to be an Igbo man. I remember when Jonathan visited that country and the crowds of igbos that welcomed him there was shocking.

The igbos of Equatorial Guinea are indigenous when compared to the ones in Gabon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
spyder880:
This is exactly how they have been cutting all the trees, even in Igboland.

https://www.nairaland.com/4683183/priest-cuts-down-tree-hindering

Do you know I faced exactly this same problem in one of my sites this very week. They forced us to cut down the only tree we left after demolishing the old compound. I and the owner were so sad, but we had to listen to people around who all advised the tree must be cut down.

I would not mind cutting trees if we had a culture that understood and appreciated the importance of trees in purifying the air and reducing the effect of erosion and wind damage.

The tragedy of the SE today is that nobody plants trees anymore, yet the few trees that has kept the region from being blown away by winds and kept our environment health with clean air are rapidly cut and removed. That is the tragedy of the SE today.

If we could only plant more trees, removing old ones for development projects wouldn't have mattered.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Cjrane2:

I would not mind cutting trees if we had a culture that understood and appreciated the importance of trees in purifying the air and reducing the effect of erosion and wind damage.

The tragedy of the SE today is that nobody plants trees anymore, yet the few trees that has kept the region from being blown away by winds and kept our environment health with clean air are rapidly cut and removed. That is the tragedy of the SE today.

If we could only plant more trees, removing old ones for development projects wouldn't have mattered.

Exactly!

Cutting down trees for development is not the problem.

The problem is not planting new ones to replace them.

There should be a policy that mandates every house hold to plant a tree. And every new development must plant 2 trees for every tree that they cut down.

3 Likes

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Rivers State should be part of this thread.

Some shots i took while on a visit to PH.

I know you aim to destract this thread Chino. Stop trying to force Rivers State into Igbo thread and in the end all Igbos will be accused of annexation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by BeautifulMind2: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2018
Awka

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Gbam!

Nwike-nwaike,
nwoke - nwoko,
Nwanne - wene

Ala - Ali - Ani - Ana

Ofe-Ohe

Etc

Asusu igbo ga di

Mini ndi/mini nbi not Ofe/ohe

Similarity in language does not make a smaller group part of a larger one.
Re: . by BeijinDossier: 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2018
Useless frustrated jobless hopeless old fool. Just like in Delta we have Igbos in Rivers. Igbos in Ogbaru in Anambra are not different from Igbos in Ndoni in Rivers state.

Incidentally i was with gov Wike in the meeting with Davido yesterday at the Bricks House, afterwards his younger brother who's a personal friend brought me close to the gov and he never used any English language the entire 2 minutes we greeted. He spoke very fluent Igbo language just like Odili.

Meanwhile i am in PH now, where are you holed up? It will be my honor to meet you this weekend.

[s]
Abagworo:

I know you aim to destract this thread Chino. Stop trying to force Rivers State into Igbo thread and in the end all Igbos will be accused of annexation.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: . by BeautifulMind2: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
Awka.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
BeautifulMind2:
Awka

That first pic of Awka is exactly what i'm talking about! See how the trees give the city a clean and classy look!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BeautifulMind2: 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
Awka

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.