Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

. - Politics (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (587207 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by AuntLaVIV(f): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
More from Awka Amusement Park

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

What is all this na, stop posting such things here.

This is a pan igbo thread , what is going on bikonu.

He is using it to give examples of things we need to do. Don’t be too sensitive.

1 Like

Re: . by Fatherofdragons: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
horsepower101:

He is using it to give examples of things we need to do. Don’t be too sensitive.

Even if he should give examples, it shouldn't be from yoro ppl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

Even if he should give examples, it shouldn't be from yoro ppl.

Lol.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2018
Our governments are dealing the hell with us, they are giving us a minute of what we deserve, and here we keep living in phantasmagoria of delusion, and rolling out the drums for them,

All these beautiful estates will in no distant time metamorphose into semi urban slum,

Non existence of proper layout of inner streets,
Isn't it ludachris?

What is so difficult getting compressors, rollers, tarring machines concrete, and reputable construction firms,

What is so difficult in planting of ornamental plants, trees, shrubs and flowers, Why do we make simple things too cumbersome.

See Abuja estates

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 6:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
Onitsha, when pictured from the top looks like the only world class city in Igboland. All it needs are few thing to put it on the same pedestal with cities like Lagos and Port-hacourt.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2018
Sorry guys, please get the point I'm driving at,

Check out calabar,
Credit UAS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
Work still ongoing at ebonyi mall.

Credit nature p

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2018
OMANBALA1:

The first picture can't be Nigeria!!!
Don't ffuuck with my mind.

It's modified photo of Ekiti flyover.

1 Like

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

What is all this na, stop posting such things here.

This is a pan igbo thread , what is going on bikonu.

Why should he stop? Because it makes you feel insecure? We must keep our mind open and learn from other people. Nobody holds monopoly to wisdom.

1 Like

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
This is Iwofe road/Ada George road. This place is considered Gov Wike's rural community until development caught up with it.

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
This is Iwofe road, this road used to be a no-go-area until Mr Project used his magic wand on it. The road was so bad then that fuel tankers were falling over each other and exploding. Wike is working

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2018
Today new businesses are lining up the road due to what Wike did here.

Re: . by Develpeast: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
It is better witnessed than told.

Go to Owerri and drive around the city. I wrote about it before. I couldn't wait to get out unlike the Owerri I knew. The eyesore was heartbreaking.

/

If we channel the right energy in building roads and making structures conform to the best form. We will have the best livable environment in the country. I wish a master plan is available for any land developer to view before constructing homes, so that everyone will follow a particular code and make building roads easy.

The question now remains, should we wait for successive governments to fail us before we can get these things right? Can private individuals create a fund which can be channeled into building inner city roads so that we can reduce the load on government and still get the kind of development we need?

1 Like

Re: . by Develpeast: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
Xander85:

Are you sure of the amount....about 2 trillion naira? That's a couple of billions of dollars oh! shocked

Looking at the situation from a pragmatic and realistic angle; where will the money come from? They've not paid the Ogonis' the $1 Billion they promised them, and you (a 'nyamiri') is rubbing your hands with glee in expectation of collecting billions of dollars from Rivers and the federal gov't? Have you also factored in the person we have as president at the moment? Assuming the money was available, you think a Buhari will sign off giving Abia up to $5 Billion so it can become developed and leave Katsina behind? Bros, get real biko. smiley

If the case was resolved in Abias' favour, my question then is: judging from the amount they were awarded and the oil wells returned back to them, how come they're not getting a much higher derivation payment? All things considered, shouldn't they be receiving what say Akwa Ibom is getting? undecided

I saw the news in 2016 and no one has ever talked about it since then.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/orji-kalus-claim-42-oil-wells-false-consultant/
Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
Develpeast:

If we channel the right energy in building roads and making structures conform to the best form. We will have the best livable environment in the country. I wish a master plan is available for any land developer to view before constructing homes, so that everyone will follow a particular code and make building roads easy.

The question now remains, should we wait for successive governments to fail us before we can get these things right? Can private individuals create a fund which can be channeled into building inner city roads so that we can reduce the load on government and still get the kind of development we need?
At the beginning of this thread,most of the commentators recommended setting up a Pan-Igbo endownment fund/Trust fund anchored on a viable short term,mid-term and long term development plan. It was suggested to be a purely private sector driven and an idea we can sell to all our diaspora unions. This is doable. All we need is to have respectable and prominent Igbo technocrats who will be the face and driver of these programme to enhance its credibility and general acceptance. Presently,all the ingredients and factors that engender greatness are evident in greater Igbo land. All we need are synergised efforts in the above direction. I may be wrong but i think there is an Igbo think-thank group already pursuing this agenda. Meanwhile,how come pictures of Asaba and Anioma hinterland are lacking here? Anyone around that area who can help out?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Sorry guys, please get the point I'm driving at,

Check out calabar,
Credit UAS

do u know how beautiful Owerri, Awka and Enugu will look if this same UAS takes their pictures? UAS is a professional photography firm that takes pictures and modifies them to look extra beautiful unlike us who take pictures with our mobile phones and upload them without any computer work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

do u know how beautiful Owerri, Awka and Enugu will look if this same UAS takes their pictures? UAS is a professional photography firm that takes pictures and modifies them to look extra beautiful unlike us who take pictures with our mobile phones and upload them without any computer work.

That should not be an excuse,

We got to find ways to keep improving on what's on ground,
Re: . by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2018
Incredibleme, I wanna take this medium to tender my sincere apologies for referring to you as a masculine on the imo thread, never knew you were feminine, please forgive me!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2018
I noticed that from the beginning of this trend to this very point, everybody has been talking about creating the enabling environment for business to grow in Igboland and overtake other parts of Nigeria but the truth is, no matter how you guys plan and create the enabling environment, Lagos and Ogun will continue to be the first choice destinations to build factories by Foreigners. Have u ever travelled out of Nigeria and ask the citizens of that country if they know Enugu or Awka etc? If a foreign investor wants to invest in Nigeria, what's the first that comes to mind? The answer is Lagos. If there is going to be an international conference between countries in Nigeria, which state will the conference be held? The same Lagos. Haven't you noticed that Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Kaduna and Kano all depend largely on indigenous industries unlike Lagos that combines a massive number of indigenous and foreign industries.
The Shell company in Rivers state just announced that it is moving its operations from Rivers state to the oil producing area of Lagos which will lead to a drop in Rivers state's IGR and the sack of over 5000 workers, does it mean that Rivers state is not conducive enough for business? Oil companies have placed their oil processing plants in the calm Niger delta since 1958 but located their head quarters in the over crowed Lagos, does it mean that ND is not good for locating a head quarter? If crude oil is found in large quantities in Lagos and Ogun states tomorrow, all the oil companies in ND will relocate their oil companies immediately.
I know will people may not understand where I am heading to but, you must understand that Lagos has overshadowed the entire country by a wide margin and no matter how stressful, chaotic, dirty, disarranged and disorganized Lagos is, Foreigners will still consider investing in Lagos before thinking of other places. When 100 companies come into Nigeria, 80 will move to Lagos-Ogun axis while the rest of the country gets to share the remaining 20. Why exactly are things happening like that even with the high taxation in Lagos? Have u noticed that our very own Obi Jackson has his Nestoil head quarter in Lagos instead of Warri or Port Harcourt where he operates? Erisco Tomato is the largest tomato processing plant in West Africa and it owned by an Nnewi man but it is located in Ikeja, Lagos. Our only hope in Igboland are our indigenous industries but most of them are also in Lagos-Ogun axis from Seplat to Nestoil, Beloxxi, Emzor, Green life pharmaceutical, Yudalah online store, May and baker, Erisco tomato, film house cinemas, zinox computers, Choscaris ford vehicles assemble plant, ABC industries in fact, almost 90% of all our major and famous industries are in Lagos-Ogun axis.
How can we stop this nonsense because its beginning to look spiritual?

2 Likes

Re: . by selemempe: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Useless frustrated jobless hopeless old fool. Just like in Delta we have Igbos in Rivers. Igbos in Ogbaru in Anambra are not different from Igbos in Ndoni in Rivers state.

Incidentally i was with gov Wike in the meeting with Davido yesterday at the Bricks House, afterwards his younger brother who's a personal friend brought me close to the gov and he never used any English language the entire 2 minutes we greeted. He spoke very fluent Igbo language just like Odili.

Meanwhile i am in PH now, where are you holed up? It will be my honor to meet you this weekend.

[s][/s]
wow....wike speaks igbo? Thats good. We should keep ensuring we dont lose any igbo clan due to defeat in war.

1 Like

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2018
selemempe:
wow....wike speaks igbo? Thats good. We should keep ensuring we dont lose any igbo clan due to defeat in war.

lol why are you surprised
is that not his language?

1 Like

Re: . by Incredibleme: 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Incredibleme, I wanna take this medium to tender my sincere apologies for referring to you as a masculine on the imo thread, never knew you were feminine, please forgive me!

shocked shocked I'm confused here, what gave you that Impression. I'm male o.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
Incredibleme:

shocked shocked I'm confused here, what gave you that Impression. I'm male o.

Loooooool

shocked shocked shocked

Okay bro we good, thought wrong, I guess it's the imperfect me.
Re: . by Incredibleme: 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Loooooool
shocked shocked shocked
Okay bro we good. I guess it's the imperfect me
No qualms. Btw i don't even remember any altercation though?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2018
Incredibleme:

No qualms. Btw i don't even remember any altercation though?

Yeah there was none, just that on that reply about akachi tower, I called you a he, later felt you were a she, but now I know better. grin grin grin
Re: . by selemempe: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
aniomafirstson:

lol why are you surprised
is that not his language?
its oo. But u know wen some people start claiming they are rumuikwerrre from benin replublic, its cool to.see they are actually ikwere igbo
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Today new businesses are lining up the road due to what Wike did here.

Chino you're a newcomer and non-native to Port-Harcourt so stop writing like you know anything. Wimpey junction existed before you were even born and Naval base, Eagle cement and other companies were there decades ago. Iwofe road existed as a township for years even though plagued by bad spots especially after St Johns heading to Nkpor-Rumuolumeni as a result of heavy duty vehicular traffic. In recent years people built tank farms that increased the heavy duty vehicles and pressure on the road which made Amaechi dualize it. Wike came in when it was set for paving since the drainages were fully completed and paved the remaining part. The part from Wimpey to Ada George where we have Pepperoni was already fully paved before 2015.
Re: . by Udo8(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
I am just seeing this thread and I clicked to see my brothers who made us proud over the years.
But I noticed one thing, the presence of the western Igbo's (Anioma:Asaba,Agbor, Ogwashi-Uku e.t.c ) was not felt .
I know we are Igbos, but you guys are not doing enough to help matters at all.
Most of my brothers don't think we are and it's simply because of the way we're treated.

#IGBO GA DIMMA
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
Again Chino let me remind you that this is Pan-Igbo not Pan-Ikwerre. We are all brothers but different ethnic groups and different geopolitical zones.
Re: . by BeijinDossier: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dumb fellow just shut up your mouth.

We were part of the team that worked on St John down to Egbelu. Stop spewing rubbish, Wike did the entire Iwofe road starting from Wimpy down to the end at water side/jetty.

I am not a native of Rivers state but we run this start so we know all that is happening here.

[s]
Abagworo:

Chino you're a newcomer and non-native to Port-Harcourt so stop writing like you know anything. Wimpey junction existed before you were even born and Naval base, Eagle cement and other companies were there decades ago. Iwofe road existed as a township for years even though plagued by bad spots especially after St Johns heading to Nkpor-Rumuolumeni as a result of heavy duty vehicular traffic. In recent years people built tank farms that increased the heavy duty vehicles and pressure on the road which made Amaechi dualize it. Wike came in when it was set for paving since the drainages were fully completed and paved the remaining part. The part from Wimpey to Ada George where we have Pepperoni was already fully paved before 2015.
[/s]
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Udo8:
I am just seeing this thread and I clicked to see my brothers who made us proud over the years.
But I noticed one thing, the presence of the western Igbo's (Anioma:Asaba,Agbor, Ogwashi-Uku e.t.c ) was not felt .
I know we are Igbos, but you guys are not doing enough to help matters at all.
Most of my brothers don't think we are and it's simply because of the way we're treated.

#IGBO GA DIMMA

Welcome brother. Aniocha and Oshimili are our confirmed brothers on the West both by looks and deeds and we have photos of Asaba on this thread. The non-Igbo brothers are Ndokwa and Ika whom I personally don't welcome in Igbo affairs. I respect their choice of self denial.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.