Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

. - Politics (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (583271 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On Dec 11, 2019
Aba Abia State

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2019
Abagworo:
Aba Abia State

Nice picture!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:33am On Dec 11, 2019
Enugu neighborhoods

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:37am On Dec 11, 2019
Housing development on the rise in Enugu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2019
042 neighborhoods

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 8:48am On Dec 11, 2019
Permit me to share some from Onitsha

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2019
Onitsha..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2019
Enugu Peaceful living

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:52am On Dec 11, 2019
ANSMEDIA:
Permit me to share some from Onitsha

Please share. We need more pictures self. Especially from those going home for Christmas

4 Likes

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 8:53am On Dec 11, 2019
ANSMEDIA:
Onitsha..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2019
Upcoming GRA Phase-3 Onitsha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Unbiased1: 9:04am On Dec 11, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:

The worst mindset of Africans is that "GOVERNMENT" must do everything. Including sweeping their compound and planting trees and flowers for them.

Our people must change the mindset of building nice houses without any sort of landscaping with flowers and trees. It is partly a way i still differentiate houses built by stark illiterates who don't quite understand the importance of trees and flowers in having clean air, environmental aesthetics and the good health.

This is not a matter of African Mindset. Go back and look at the pictures clearly, you will see the distance between the houses and the roads is much. The land bought by the owners of the houses does not include those areas close to the main road so why exactly should they be the ones to plant the trees there? Even the inner streets don't have tarred roads. Do you expect the house owners to start planting trees in a tight untarred street?
As I said earlier, this is not a matter of African mentality because Onitsha GRA has tree-lined streets. The government must be directly involved in other parts of Onitsha because this is the main road we are talking about here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Unbiased1: 9:06am On Dec 11, 2019
Abagworo:
Aba Abia State
Wonderful.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Some 042 neighborhoods..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2019
Unbiased1:

This is not a matter of African Mindset. Go back and look at the pictures clearly, you will see the distance between the houses and the roads is much. The land bought by the owners of the houses does not include those areas close to the main road so why exactly should they be the ones to plant the trees there? Even the inner streets don't have tarred roads. Do you expect the house owners to start planting trees in a tight untarred street?
As I said earlier, this is not a matter of African mentality because Onitsha GRA has tree-lined streets. The government must be directly involved in other parts of Onitsha because this is the main road we are talking about here.

Agreed.

1 Like

Re: . by Unbiased1: 9:14am On Dec 11, 2019
horsepower101:
Some 042 neighborhoods..

Chai. See how people are printing houses as if it is 10 naira per copy. Even the water issue in Enugu is not slowing them down. Pls what's the name of this beautiful area?
Re: . by horsepower101: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2019
Liberty estates, 042

Serene environment for families

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2019
Unbiased1:

Chai. See how people are printing houses as if it is 10 naira per copy. Even the water issue in Enugu is not slowing them down. Pls what's the name of this beautiful area?

Sunrise Estates

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 10:05am On Dec 11, 2019
More updates on Awka Millennium City

6 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2019
AMC updates

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 11:50am On Dec 11, 2019
Unbiased1:

Exercise in futility. Another lame argument.

Oga, I am not arguing with you. Just keep waiting for Obiano to plant flowers and trees around and in front of your house. You will also wait for the next Governor and the next and the next. One day you will be waiting for President of Cameroon to come and plant flowers and trees for you.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:

Exercise in futility. Another lame argument.

Oga, I am not arguing with you. Just keep waiting for Obiano to plant flowers and trees around and in front of your house. You will also wait for the next Governor and the next and the next. One day you will be waiting for President of Cameroon to come and plant flowers and trees for you.

I think both of you are making equally good points. It should be the responsibility of both the property owners and the government.

Individuals should plant flowers in front of their properties but when it comes to public areas, it’s the responsibility of the local or state government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ttipsy(f): 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
Abagworo:
Aba Abia State
nice
Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
horsepower101:

I think both of you are making equally good points. It should be the responsibility of both the property owners and the government.

Individuals should plant flowers in front of their properties but when it comes to public areas, it’s the responsibility of the local or state government.

GBAM! Thats exactly my point!

In public parks or in the median of major roads, it's government that should beautify those major roads, parks or hospitals. Side streets in front of people's houses, its the owners that should beautify the front of their house, even when it is outside their fence. If everyone was less selfish and did some landscaping outside their fence, Igboland cities will be transformed overnight to look like anywhere in the world . Waiting for government to come and beautify outside your fence because its technically a public space is silly.

If the same government didn't give you water and you had enough sense to dig your own borehole instead of waiting endlessly for them, they didn't give you electricity and you had enough sense to buy a generator or solar panels, then you can bet they will not beautify the environment for you! You should have enough sense to do it yourself. That is the how to survive in the failure we call a country - Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: . by raker300: 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2019
horsepower101:
Housing development on the rise in Enugu
this is picturesque.

The serendipity of developments in Igbo land shows how great we are.

We need to usurp the bad images circulating on social media maligning Igbo land and replace them with this more wonderful images

7 Likes

Re: . by Banmeallday: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
raker300:
this is picturesque.

We need to usurp the bad images circulating on social media maligning Igbo land and replace them with this more wonderful images

IS that what you call development, after billions of allocation over 20 years?

Nawah...and yes I’m an Easterner
Re: . by Eastlink(m): 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
raker300:
this is picturesque.

This una kind of development is not something you should brag about to be honest with you.

Development should be encompassing. Industrial revolution, agricultural belts and large processing plants. Any development that does not impact the per capital income of the ordinary man is a waste.

Real estate and housing are not the key indices to development. Only greedy estate developers like you will beat their chest and call this development. How about the common man on the streets, the graduates, the jobless youths, the lady engaging in prostitution, the young boy engaging in yahoo yahoo, or the ones running overseas to spoil the image of the country with shady deals. The lack of jobs in Igboland is creating a mass exodus of our people to other lands.

How about the health care facilities? I hardly see you post world class hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. You even hardly post tech establishments of Igbo people, as a way of drawing their attention to bringing part of their IT to Igboland.

Shame on you for bragging with real estate as development. You hardly show latest industries springing up. In fact many of you don't derive joy in showing the little industrial efforts in Igboland. I hardly see you post Aba shoe shops, I don't see small scale poultries or pig farms, I don't see you post small palm oil mills, I don't see cottage industries, I hardly see you post rice farms and rice mills, I hardly see you post cashew plantations etc. All I see are real estate and houses springing up everywhere. Is this thread only for bragging rights or what?

What then is development? Is it the development of Ego Mbute? Make money at all cost and come home to brag about the number of estate one has built? If you are talking about development then tell people the Igbo story. The story of young boys in Aba sewing shoes for export to Gabon. The story of the Onitsha boys casting heavy duty body's for mack trucks. The story of the Abakiliki boys farming their hands all seasons to export rice to Cameroon.

Rather than jump up and down shouting development, you should use this page to showcase not just roads, or housing but also the entrepreneurial spirit of Ndigbo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Unbiased1: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eastlink:
This una kind of development is not something you should brag about to be honest with you.

Development should be encompassing. Industrial revolution, agricultural belts and large processing plants. Any development that does not impact the per capital income of the ordinary man is a waste.

Real estate and housing are not the key indices to development. Only greedy estate developers like you will beat their chest and call this development. How about the common man on the streets, the graduates, the jobless youths, the lady engaging in prostitution, the young boy engaging in yahoo yahoo, or the ones running overseas to spoil the image of the country with shady deals. The lack of jobs in Igboland is creating a mass exodus of our people to other lands.

Shame on you for bragging with real estate as development. You hardly show latest industries springing up. In fact many of you don't drive joy in showing the little industrial efforts in Igboland. I hardly see you post Aba shoe shops, I don't see small scale poultries or pig farms, I don't see you post small palm oil mills, I don't see cottage industries, I hardly see you post rice farms and rice mills, I hardly see you post cashew plantations etc. All I real estate and houses springing up everywhere.

What then is development? Is it the development of Ego Mbute? Make money at all cost and come home to brag about the number of estate one has built? If you are talking about development then tell people the Igbo story. The story of young boys in Aba sewing shoes for export to Gabon. The story of the Onitsha boys casting heavy duty body's for mack trucks. The story of the Abakiliki boys farming their hands all seasons to export rice to Cameroon.

Rather than jump up and down shouting development, you should use this page to showcase not just roads, or housing but also the entrepreneurial spirit of Ndigbo.

Trash
If you have never seen pictures of rice mills, Industries, farms etc on this thread before, then it means u are blind.

3 Likes

Re: . by Eastlink(m): 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
Unbiased1:

Trash
If you have never seen pictures of rice mills, Industries, farms etc on this thread before, then it means u are blind.
So I should clap for you for showing Coscharis farms? Good one. Do more of that. There are thousands of local rice farms for instance, scattered all over the interiors of Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Imo, Delta and Rivers.
How many time do I see those rural farms or rice mills? Are we to talk about large scale palm plantations or cocoa farms, or even cashew farms, or even poultries.
Mr man development of bragging with houses is foolishness. Tell the Igbo story of sweat and hardwork and not overnight estates that doesn't benefits the common man.

2 Likes

Re: . by LLobiorah: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eastlink:

How about the health care facilities? I hardly see you post world class hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. You even hardly post tech establishments of Igbo people, as a way of drawing their attention to bringing part of their IT to Igboland.

Shame on you for bragging with real estate as development. You hardly show latest industries springing up. In fact many of you don't derive joy in showing the little industrial efforts in Igboland. I hardly see you post Aba shoe shops, I don't see small scale poultries or pig farms, I don't see you post small palm oil mills, I don't see cottage industries, I hardly see you post rice farms and rice mills, I hardly see you post cashew plantations etc. All I see are real estate and houses springing up everywhere. Is this thread only for bragging rights or what?

So much sense. Kudos cool

5 Likes

Re: . by IGBOSON1: 8:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
horsepower101:
Some 042 neighborhoods..

But for those annoying open gutters, you could be forgiven for thinking you were looking at pics of a European city!

3 Likes

Re: . by raker300: 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eastlink:

so, because we are not a perfect society, we shouldn’t appreciate where we made progress?

If you wish to see industries, hospitals and various other progresses in Igboland, I suggest you visit the individual state threads here.

Or better still, go back through this thread and see our progress thus far.

You don’t bother when eastern Nigeria is referred to cave or red mud but when we correct that notion by showing how serene and prestigious eastern Nigeria is, you pick offense?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.