Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

“I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola (1021 Views)

Yerima Shettima: I Never Said Igbo Wouldn’t Be President – Arewa Youths Leader / Sanwo-Olu Didn't Bring Back VIO So As To Generate Revenues For Lagos – Fashola / "I Never Said APC Is Responsible For Nigerians Suffering" - Okorocha Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Johnnyessence(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2018
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has denied making any derogatory comment against the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) community in Lagos while he was governor of Lagos state.
Fashola gave the clarification today at the Commonwealth Peoples Forum, a sideline of the ongoing Commonwealth Head of Governments Meeting (CHOGM 2018) at Westminster.
Fashola during the meeting was asked why he was against about two million people within the LGBT community in Lagos and about an attack of about 40 members of the LGBT community in Lagos. In his response, he said
“I have never made a statement against the LGBT community, I don’t recall ever making such a statement. So wherever your source came from, that is grossly inadequate. That said, the 40 incidents that you mentioned, I am not aware of it. As you might know, I am no longer governor of Lagos state, I ceased to be governor in 2015.”
Fashola's clarification comes 24 hours after the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Theresa May, asked President Buhari and other Commonwealth leader to suspend all anti-same sex laws. https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/04/i-have-never-said-anything-against-lgbt.html?m=0

1 Share

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by asobo: 8:47am On Apr 21, 2018
What for heaven sake is wrong with this people. Who commonwealth epp...so what is the common wealth among member states and of what importance has it been to Nigeria. Keke Riders Association is of more benefit than this commonwealth something. #GOGETYOURPVC asap

2 Likes

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by whitebeard(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2018
angry LGBT in where kwah..Lagos..

I don't believe.. cheesy

Even the queen doesn't support gay marriage.. May should by now understand that it was due to "freedom" they accepted same sex marriage, now due to our own definition of freedom we can't accept it, pls don't impose your ideals on us..doing that means u are not an advocate of freedom, u are imposing ur ideals on us cause u are a world super power pls don't..cause what our country was built on doesn't promote Same sex marriage..

and to those fuckars here on NL that are shouting homophobic or whatever..I understand that u think alright but it not straight..! U are consumed by lust and inferiority complex better wake up and stop spitting nonsense..!

1 Like

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Omololu2121: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2018
Why should the Lagos state government suspend the law undecided that Theresa no serious at all.

They are not talking about human right abuse in Nigeria, a country were soldiers will go to a community to kill and destroy the peoples properties,which kin yeye military be that

We have more urgent issue to face than any yeye LGBT law.

1 Like

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Abjay97(m): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2018
I know it is in front of The White man that he will say this trash..
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:00am On Apr 21, 2018
To step on buhari blokus they hungry me
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Odingo1: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2018
Is there LGBT community in lagos state , first time I am hearing this shocked shocked, so Boborisky and co get association in lagos ba,ok cheesy smiley embarassed kiss
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Liliyann(f): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2018
May the wrath of God visit any LGBT in this group IJN!!
It baffles me how a sane person can have feelings for his fellow sex!
Lesbian I understand but GAYs no!
Confused set of fools!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by obonujoker(m): 10:53am On Apr 21, 2018
So Fashola could have approve LGBT?? ...Thank God GEJ stopped them...
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by freeze001(f): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2018
So Fashola could not refer them to extant, binding Nigerian laws? He had to prevaricate in his usual effeminate manner by absolving himself of responsibility just so he looks good. If he cannot uphold and defend the laws of the land then why are citizens expected to be patriotic?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by CSTR1003: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2018
freeze001:
So Fashola could not refer them to extant, binding Nigerian laws? He had to prevaricate in his usual effeminate manner by absolving himself of responsibility just so he looks good. If he cannot uphold and defend the laws of the land then why are citizens expected to be patriotic?
I dey tell you.

He had to exhibit the usual Yoruba chameleon attitude.

3 Likes

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by obonujoker(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
CSTR1003:

I dey tell you.

He had to exhibit the usual Yoruba chameleon attitude.

Lol....

2 Likes

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
Liliyann:
May the wrath of God visit any LGBT in this group IJN!!
It baffles me how a sane person can have feelings for his fellow sex!
Lesbian I understand but GAYs no!
Confused set of fools!!

Aren't you a bit confused yourself?

You understand lesbianism but can't understand gay?

In fact, you have me confused madam.

3 Likes

Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
CSTR1003 I hope you were banned and not just your comment removed.

We can do without people like you ventilating your horrible tribalistic minds on here.
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by trapQ: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
undecided
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by CSTR1003: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
5thElement:
CSTR1003 I hope you were banned and not just your comment removed.

We can do without people like you ventilating your horrible tribalistic minds on here.
I didn't insult anybody In particular.
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Blackfire(m): 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
To those who think LGBT law cannot be signed in Nigeria....

Take Fashola minister of darkness statement for example
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2018
CSTR1003:

I didn't insult anybody In particular.

No you didn't. You just ventilated your mind. I understand.

I bet you think they are two different actions right?
Re: “I Have Never Said Anything Against The LGBT Community In Lagos” - Fashola by Optional09: 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
They don finally enter us, That statement alone is an approval for men to fvck each other on the street of Lagos. Nigeria is in serious danger.

In this case, I will encourage the citizens of Nigeria to stay alert, if you see any gay around attack him and make sure you kill him. This is because there is no law and order in Nigeria, innocent children will be getting rape and no one will do something about it. In less than 4 years Nigeria will be the home of HIV AIDS

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Finally Speaks On Dino Melaye's Arrest. Photos/Video / IBRAHIM BUNU TELLS THE TRUTH TO AUTHORITY! / Video: Adeyinka Grandson cries over Yoruba Independence from Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.