Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Arsene Wenger Was Paid £11m To Quit Arsenal, One Year Early - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger Was Paid £11m To Quit Arsenal, One Year Early (538 Views)

UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori / I Will Return To Arsenal One Day - Arsene Wenger / Arsenal, One Of The Best Soccer Teams? Legends React - Pics/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Was Paid £11m To Quit Arsenal, One Year Early by Nfora: 10:48pm On Apr 21, 2018

There is a revelation to the effect that Gunners board lost its patience and thus was forced to pay off the final year of Arsene Wenger’s salary,£11m,in full. The later did not actually want to leave the club he loves, so much. The board was desperate to get back in the Champions League and hope the announcement will galvanise disaffected fans before their showdown against Atletico Madrid.

Board members and Wenger were all singing from the same hymn sheet yesterday. Chief executive Ivan Gazidis heaped praise on Wenger for his incredible 22 years which brought three League titles, seven FA Cups and that invincible season in 2003/2004.

Gazidis would not be drawn on the talks which led to the Frenchman’s imminent departure.But Wenger is understood to be unhappy and frustrated at both the speed and timing of the departure.He has always vowed to see out his contracts and had a year left to run, while the club previously stated he would stay on.But a carefully-worded statement was released by Arsenal and Wenger hours before Gazidis met the press.

Wenger called his staff yesterday morning to inform them of the decision and the players were called into training early.A meeting at 9.45am was the first the Gunners stars knew of the decision, just two days before the clash with West Ham which will be Wenger’s 824th Prem game. The ‘Wenger Out’ brigade had finally got their way.

Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov said: “It’s a day of great sadness.” Wenger is likely to open talks with Paris-Saint Germain, where a director of football role might be available, and former club Monaco.

Juventus chief ,Max Allegri is a top target for Arsenal and they have spoken with ex-Barcelona boss Luis Enrique. Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers also wants the job.

https://www.financialdigest.com.ng/sports/
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Paid £11m To Quit Arsenal, One Year Early by BiafranBushBoy: 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
If I were paid that kinda amount to leave, I will pack my bag, everything possible including the sand in my house.

I will also promise them never to return to the club...

11 what?
Re: Arsene Wenger Was Paid £11m To Quit Arsenal, One Year Early by Doyin2(m): 7:32am On Apr 22, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
If I were paid that kinda amount to leave, I will pack my bag, everything possible including the sand in my house.

I will also promise them never to return to the club...

11 what?
That's based on your own level cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Vs Liverpool / Real Madrid Vs Liverpool 3-1 All Goals & Highlights 26/05/2018 / Zinedine Zidane Resigned As Manager Of Realmadrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.