Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

TITHE: Where JESUS Would Have Spoken About It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TITHE: Where JESUS Would Have Spoken About It. (442 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / 2000-Year-Old Ritual Bath Found In Gethsemane Where Jesus Spent Final Night (Pix / Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TITHE: Where JESUS Would Have Spoken About It. by osile2012: 4:26am On Apr 22, 2018
The issue of tithing has become so controversial that some pastors have made it mandatory for making heaven.

I believe that if JESUS was to talk about tithing anywhere in the bible, he would have talked about it here.

Matthew: 19. 16. And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17. And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19. Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21. Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 23. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. - Bible Offline

2 Likes

Re: TITHE: Where JESUS Would Have Spoken About It. by hisgrace090: 6:30am On Apr 22, 2018
It almost impossible to count the number of time God admonishes his children to give to the poor in the bible.

But today church have selfishly turns those admonition of giving to the poor to giving to man of God and the church as a way of giving to God.

I am persuaded that God changeath not.

1 Like

Re: TITHE: Where JESUS Would Have Spoken About It. by Klimaths: 6:37am On Apr 22, 2018
See it a shame how pastors twist the Bible for earthly gains. Giving to the poor was giving to God. In the bible and yet they said you must bring it to o Church

1 Like

Re: TITHE: Where JESUS Would Have Spoken About It. by openmine(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2018
hmm

(1) (Reply)

Check Out 10 Quotes About Faith / Panic:mysteries Of The Greek God Pan. / What To Do When Evil Dreams Persist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.