Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For (111644 Views)

This Yoruba Herbs Cures My Typhoid Fever In 3 Days.. Here Is How To Prepare It / Yoruba Herbs And Their Uses / Best Yoruba Herbs For Weight Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by InHim4Him(m): 11:07am On Apr 22, 2018
Efirin is Basil not Parsley.
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by icedsammy: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2018
What is the English and Yoruba name of the leave they use to do SK and Weed
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by lokho(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2018
Spinach is amunututu
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by maisauki: 11:53am On Apr 22, 2018
joeaz58:
Agbo jedi nko grin
dts a combination of many herbs

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Westbestside: 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
Iceberg3:

We don't eat that in Benin grin

CORCHORUS OLITORIUS,hmmm grin
Why ate you denying your heritage cheesy. Are you trying to deny your people grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Westbestside: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

No be only Corchorus olitorius, na CROCODILE OLORIBURUKU abi KRO KRO OLORIS-CLITORIS.

My guy the English name for EWEDU is ZOMBIE LEAF or ALGEA SPIROGYRA CLITORISsmiley
Abeg, who remove the rope on this one. The guy asked us a question, we calmly answered, we asked them same question, this one turned to mad dog grin. Does your alien soup not have English name? What could be more zombie blthan drinking fellow human urine and licking his shoe cheesy. Tell us the English name of that folking, alien soup that looks like sick people watery poo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by sircrabo: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
Yorubas are good at Herbal mixtures
Pls which one is PANDORO
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by eyinola: 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=Burgerlomo post=66920694][/quote]cayenne pepper is not Ata gungun.. Ata gungun means powdered pepper na.. Abi am mistaken nii
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Iceberg3: 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
Westbestside:
Why ATE shocked you denying your heritage cheesy. Are you trying to deny your people grin

Illiterate. grin
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Iceberg3: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
Westbestside:
Ewedu is called JUTE leave with botanical name called CORCHORUS OLITORIUS. Now tell us the English name for this one below grin cheesy

We know the one on the right is your DNA grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Bakrabas: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
I know, the science students will take the advantage of this write up and abuse the combination.
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, effirin is called scent leaves and not parsley
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by ZorGBUooeh: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
Westbestside:
Abeg, who remove the rope on this one. The guy asked us a question, we calmly answered, we asked them same question, this one turned to mad dog grin. Does your alien soup not have English name? What could be more zombie by drinking fellow human urine and licking his shoe cheesy. Tell us the English name of that folking, alien soup that looks like sick people watery poo.
Chai!Im pain am..No vex..Eat a plate of zombie soup ad calm ur nerves down tongue

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by steveDpro: 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Ok
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by semitunde: 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
dragnet:

exactly, efinrin is African Basil or clove Basil
Bitter leaf isn't Marjoram
ata gun gun isn't cayenne pepper, it is merely powered pepper.

I think cayenne pepper is Sombo.
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Temidayo9(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Parsley in Not Efirin. Go to shopprite close to you and get your Parsley
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by ollybosieb: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
I do not agree with #1 and 5, Cayenne pepper is shombo and spinach is not efo tete but amunututu.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Westbestside: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

Chai!Im pain am..No vex..Eat a plate of zombie soup ad calm ur nerves down tongue
Tell us here the English name of that poo and stop shifting goal post. cheesy. E no get English name? How will it even get, something no normal human will put in their mouth. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Funkybabee(f): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
Tea bush is efinrin
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Funkybabee(f): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
sammydirectly:
Correct me if I'm wrong, effirin is called scent leaves and not parsley

It is called tea bush...u people should stop arguing
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by bobeedee(f): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=siraj1402 post=66920756]BASIL that is Efinrin I have been into local and Asian herbs more than 20 years. [/quote
@siraj1402, going through ur profile, i can see u are more into politics, never on health issue. please, help us release small out of your vast knowledge of local herbs. biko
@op, please do your research well to avoid misinformation. keep it up.
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by mchenryking0(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
what is the Yoruba name for wormwood
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by siraj1402(m): 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=bobeedee post=66929947][/quote] Thanks so much for the observation, the problem I have for restricting myself is because what is given freely is never valued. Next thing you will be hearing from people is he want to scam. I will do the little I can do. We have a large team whom have been into Herb research on even chronic disease like hepatitis, infertility, diabetes and to the current issues of having big boobs and large hips with natural herbs. Some will be sheared here.
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Iceberg3: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
Westbestside:
Tell us here the English name of that poo and stop shifting goal post. cheesy. E no get English name? How will it even get, something no normal human will put in their mouth. cheesy

grin grin

Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by fakati(m): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
Parsley should be (efo ebolo while efinrin should be scent leaf)
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by balo(m): 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
Following
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Dynamite02: 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
Please what is YARROW called in Yoruba?
Re: Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
Funkybabee:

It is called tea bush...u people should stop arguing

Tea Bush kọ, Bush tea ni

I personally grow 2 varieties of scent leaves in my backyard. You can also Google it for the images.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arat Hosseini, Iranian Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos) / Violet J: My Breasts Are Too Heavy, My Bra Size Not In Market, I Need Surgery" / I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.