Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why (2428 Views)

Edo Election!! This Adams Oshiomole's House Is Melting Hearts As Other Reveals / This Is BORNO State Election This Is Enough To Cancel The Election Of The State. / If You're Still Thinking Buhari Has Any Chance In 2019 Election This Is For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 9:01am On Apr 22, 2018
Good morning fellow Nigerians.

What I am about to post here is my personal opinion based on deep research of events happening since the past 2 years now.

For those shouting: GO GET YOUR PVC, in as much as this is what every adult Nigerian of voting age ought to do right now, I want to inform you guys that not all Nigerians who desire and struggle to get their PVC will get it and this is part of the indirect strategies to rig the 2019 election in favor of the ruling party.

Without wasting much of your time, let me inform you all that Muhammadu Buhari will win 2019 presidential election if he goes ahead to contest as he has indicated already.

President Buhari won't win the election based on merit or because he performed to convince majority of Nigerians to re-elect him at the 2019 polls, but he will win because he and APC really had the strategies in place to remain in power, how Read on...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 9:02am On Apr 22, 2018
HOW WILL BUHARI WIN 2019 ELECTION

1. MANY ELIGIBLE VOTERS WON'T BE ABLE TO REGISTER/COLLECT PVC DUE TO GOVT. HIDDEN AGENDA:

Using myself as an example, I have tried to register to get PVC severally where I live in Lagos, believe me, it is easier for a donkey to pass through the eyes of a needle than for a non-Yoruba person resident in some parts of Lagos state to register and secure their PVC. This frustration is just on the registration alone, think of the collection of the PVC itself; this is really a sad situation for Nigeria's democracy I must say. Every sane and well meaning Nigerian must rise up and condemn this indirect disenfranchisement of some Nigerians in the upcoming national election.

I know at least 20 other persons passing through this same situation of not being able to register to get PVC ahead of 2019 election, I think, APC led national government need to address the nation on this.

2. 95% OF NON-HAUSA-FULANI NIGERIANS LIVING IN THE NORTH WON'T VOTE:

Many Nigerians believe Igbos are minority tribe due to their poor turnout during national elections, but ask yourself, is there any part of Nigeria you would go today without seeing an Igbo person living there in their numbers If we have an accurate national census, believe me, Igbos and Yorubas will account to be the most populous single tribes in Nigeria, followed by Hausa, Fulani, Idoma, Ijaw, Kanuri, etc, but most often, Nigerians mistake every person born in the north who speaks Hausa as an Hausa-Fulani person, whereas there are more than 10 other tribes in the north who also speak Hausa and their own local dialect.

What am I trying to say If 80% of Igbos vote during national election, believe me, it will make a very great impact on who wins, but unfortunately, more than 60% of Igbos who are of voting age don't vote during national elections and below are the reasons:

(a) Northern pre-election & post-election violence: - most Igbos living in the north do register to vote in the north, but close to the election, northern politicians will incite their youths to threaten Igbos or cause religious riot that will cause majority of the Igbos living in the north to flee north for safety, thereby causing them not to participate during national election. The few who remains in the north, out of fear don't go out to vote for fear of being caught up in usual northern youths election and post-election violence.

(b) Some Igbos disenfranchise themselves during election:- it is worthy to note that majority of Igbo people living in Lagos and other major Nigerian cities don't see the need to leave their businesses to go register/collect their PVC, mostly as a result of their loss of faith and confidence in the Nigerian federal government system and Nigeria as a whole, by doing so, Igbos disenfranchise themselves during national election, which makes other tribes see Igbo votes as inconsequential, sadly.
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 9:06am On Apr 22, 2018
3. MAJORITY OF MIDDLE-BELT PEOPLE WON'T PARTICIPATE IN 2019 ELECTION:

Majority of the people that make up the Middle Belt communities and states have fled their homes and now living permanently at IDP camps due to continuous Fulani herdsmen militia attacks that have left thousands of Middle Belt indigenes dead or permanently disabled/hospitalized.

Now tell me, how will these people living in extreme fear and lack be able to go register and secure their PVC to vote in 2019 when they have been chased out of their ancestral homes by gun wielding Fulani militia

4. MAJORITY OF YORUBAS WILL STILL VOTE FOR BUHARI BECAUSE OF OSINBAJO & FOR BEING THE KEY MEMBERS OF BUHARI GOVT:

Anybody who expects less from Southwest is on a long thing. Yorubas have never been the backbone of any Nigerian Federal government like they are now in Buhari's regime; Osinbajo as VP, Fashola as minister of key ministries/sectors, Tinubu as ruling party leader, Kemi Adeosun as Finance Minister, Babatunde Fowler as FIRS boss, Saraki as Senate President, Gen. Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin as Chief of Defense Staff and many more.

Forget the noise, Yorubas are secretly happy with Buhari's government and will never vote otherwise.

The only reason Buhari will get less than 70% votes in Southwest is due to the presence of Non-Yorubas living in Lagos, Ibadan, Ogun and Ondo states.

Now with the above statistics in place, plus the fact that all the current security chiefs are President Buhari's tribesmen, including the Chairman of INEC, tell me why won't President Buhari win his re-election bid come 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by SalamRushdie: 9:10am On Apr 22, 2018
In the Name of the Living God I serve I assure you thisbi s Buharis last tenure so don't lose any sleep

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 9:18am On Apr 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:
In the Name of the Living God I serve I assure you thisbi s Buharis last tenure so don't lose any sleep
But the statistics are in Buhari's favor, so tell me how pls

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Cooly100: 9:22am On Apr 22, 2018
humilitypays:

You are correct.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by SalamRushdie: 9:24am On Apr 22, 2018
humilitypays:

It's only statistics of rigging that are in his favour but the statistics of God is all that matters and I assure you this is his last tenure... That langa langa herdsman cannot be more than the will of Nigerian people

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Odingo1: 9:29am On Apr 22, 2018
Cooly100:

You are correct.

Nawao this is very wrong and people are keeping quiet
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Odingo1: 9:35am On Apr 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:

It's only statistics of rigging that are in his favour but the statistics of God is all that matters and I assure you this is his last tenure... That langa langa herdsman cannot be more than the will of Nigerian people
You are just chasing shadows,but it is good to keep faith.

The core North, some part of middle belt and SW will vote for Buhari and combine with rigging with all the security forces and INEC on the side of Buhari, he will win.

Buhari will win.

Forget media noise and face the reality on ground.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Chuksonyeike: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2018
So you stay in the comfort of your home and decide that yorubas and northerners will still vote buhari ? Buhari will still win in the north because Atiku,Dakwambo,Markarfi etc are less northners ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Chuksonyeike: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2018
Odingo1:

The core North, some part of middle belt and SW will vote for Buhari and combine with rigging with all the security forces and INEC on the side of Buhari, he will win.

Buhari will win.

Forget media noise and face the reality on ground.f
continue to deceive yourself

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by kalu61(m): 10:11am On Apr 22, 2018
Odingo1:

Buhari will win.

Forget media noise and face the reality on ground.
Change has no boundaries if it affects all. Conservative north are not finding it easy with this regime.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by activistjohnny(m): 10:26am On Apr 22, 2018
humilitypays:
3. MAJORITY OF MIDDLE-BELT PEOPLE WON'T PARTICIPATE IN 2019 ELECTION:

Majority of the people that make up the Middle Belt communities and states have fled their homes and now living permanently at IDP camps due to continuous Fulani herdsmen militia attacks that have left thousands of Middle Belt indigenes dead or permanently disabled/hospitalized.

Now tell me, how will these people living in extreme fear and lack be able to go register and secure their PVC to vote in 2019 when they have been chased out of their ancestral homes by gun wielding Fulani militia

4. MAJORITY OF YORUBAS WILL STILL VOTE FOR BUHARI BECAUSE OF OSINBAJO & FOR BEING THE KEY MEMBERS OF BUHARI GOVT:

Anybody who expects less from Southwest is on a long thing. Yorubas have never been the backbone of any Nigerian Federal government like they are now in Buhari's regime; Osinbajo as VP, Fashola as minister of key ministries/sectors, Tinubu as ruling party leader, Kemi Adeosun as Finance Minister, Babatunde Fowler as FIRS boss, Saraki as Senate President, Gen. Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin as Chief of Defense Staff and many more.

Forget the noise, Yorubas are secretly happy with Buhari's government and will never vote otherwise.

The only reason Buhari will get less than 70% votes in Southwest is due to the presence of Non-Yorubas living in Lagos, Ibadan, Ogun and Ondo states.

Now with the above statistics in place, plus the fact that all the current security chiefs are President Buhari's tribesmen, including the Chairman of INEC, tell me why won't President Buhari win his re-election bid come 2019
please stop posting what's not here, the whole southern region that always determined who will win massively and convincely are against buhari reelection in 2019. Infact each and every one are enlightened about Apc tactics to rig. the same things they did to Gej in 2015 will repeat itself in Buhari's case too. opposition party will win massively and convincely. people are no more fools again. politicians will give out huge amount of money on the election day, but they will be grossly disappointed at the end of the day. the governor's that's working tirelessly for Buhari reelection bid will not be returned. so you see here that buhari will be defeated and rejected at the poll in next year presidential election.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Punstar: 10:53am On Apr 22, 2018
humilitypays:
[b][color=#990000]4. MAJORITY OF YORUBAS WILL STILL VOTE FOR BUHARI BECAUSE OF OSINBAJO & FOR BEING THE KEY MEMBERS OF BUHARI GOVT:

It baffles me how you guys try to conclude wrongly about the Yorubas to no success. Imagine you saying Yorubas are secretly happy with Buhari So because a few Tinubu boys are in positions that do not directly benefit the people in their local governments, now translates to Yorubas supporting Buhari. In your mind, Yorubas will vote in this mess of a government just because of a few guys who are not even known socially as politicans. In that your same mind, No other parties or different opionion exist in Yorubaland asides APC or Pro-Tinubu??

Oga boss....Work on how your blodas will go for their PVC and come out enmasse to vote out Buhari rather than sprewing gibberish. You know nothing about the Yorubas and their reasoning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by justtoodark: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2018
wait,wait...una said una are not interested in nigerian politics because you want biafra....

now you are saying what??....since when is getting una pvc sooo important to una....??

back then,i waited 2years to get mine...

but i realy didnt care that much getting it anyways....mine was produced but i didnt went to get it....

2years mine was in their office gathering dust...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by justtoodark: 11:07am On Apr 22, 2018
Punstar:

It baffles me how you guys try to conclude wrongly about the Yorubas to no success. Imagine you saying Yorubas are secretly happy with Buhari So because a few Tinubu boys are in positions that do not directly benefit the people in their local governments, now translates to Yorubas supporting Buhari. In your mind, Yorubas will vote in this mess of a government just because of a few guys who are not even known socially as politicans. In that your same mind, No other parties or different opionion exist in Yorubaland asides APC or Pro-Tinubu??

Oga boss....Work on how your blodas will go for their PVC and come out enmasse to vote out Buhari rather than sprewing gibberish. You know nothing about the Yorubas and their reasoning

let them....they think yorubas are their problem....
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by activistjohnny(m): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
justtoodark:
wait,wait...una said una are not interested in nigerian politics because you want biafra....

now you are saying what??....since when is getting una pvc sooo important to una....??

back then,i waited 2years to get mine...

but i realy didnt care that much getting it anyways....mine was produced but i didnt went to get it....

2years mine was in their office gathering dust...
Abeg go and get it on-time. voting your preferred candidates is your fundamental human right.
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by justtoodark: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
activistjohnny:
Abeg go and get it on-time. voting your preferred candidates is your fundamental human right.

look,their are many in the world that are not interested in voting in their nations....

many are just too occupied with other things....
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by buhariguy(m): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
Your opinion is not the reason but the will of God

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by activistjohnny(m): 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
justtoodark:

look,their are many in the world that are not interested in voting in their nations....

many are just too occupied with other things....
Hmmmmmmm it's very true. all is well.
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Punstar:

I have more Yoruba friends than Igbo or Hausa friends and we interact and argue politics almost everyday and I can tell you that the way Muslims are sympathetic to Boko Haram and other Islamic terrorist; giving reasons why they are not true Muslims and how Christian countries like America and Israel are the ones sponsoring Islamic terrorists, is the same way majority of Yorubas are sympathetic with Buhari government despite it being a glaring failure; Yorubas will still give you reasons why Buhari is better than GEJ government instead of condemning Buhari failed government and putting GEJ behind as a past/history, they rather resort to comparison with GEJ as a way of defending Buhari failed government.

Anyway, let them prove me wrong in 2019 which I doubt they will because Buhari/APC will win southwest of course, happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
buhariguy:
Your opinion is not the reason but the will of God
sometimes human error can delay the will of God, hope you know that sir
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by dorodee(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
Shehu Sani for president
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by buhariguy(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
humilitypays:
sometimes human error can delay the will of God, hope you know that sir
human error and the will of God is to favour of buhari till 2023

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Sirjamo: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
Punstar:

You that knows it all, do you think the yorubas will be so foolish to vote for someone else that will want to do 8 years, instead of Buhari that will do 4 and hand over to Osinbajo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by activistjohnny(m): 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
buhariguy:
human error and the will of God is to favour of buhari till 2023
buhari will be defeated and rejected in the next year presidential election.
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Sirjamo: 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
humilitypays:
I have more Yoruba friends than Igbo or Hausa friends and we interact and argue politics almost everyday and I can tell you that the way Muslims are sympathetic to Boko Haram and other Islamic terrorist; giving reasons why they are not true Muslims and how Christian countries like America and Israel are the ones sponsoring Islamic terrorists, is the same way majority of Yorubas are sympathetic with Buhari government despite it being a glaring failure; Yorubas will still give you reasons why Buhari is better than GEJ government instead of condemning Buhari failed government and putting GEJ behind as a past/history, they rather resort to comparison with GEJ as a way of defending Buhari failed government.

Anyway, let them prove me wrong in 2019 which I doubt they will because Buhari/APC will win southwest of course, happy Sunday

1. Have you asked your self, if Boko Haram are true Muslims, why have they bombed more mosques and killed more Muslims than Christians? Boko Haram are just criminals hiding under Islam, and if you think the west, especially America and Britain do not sponsor terrorism, who is behind the rebels of Syria, Libya, Turkey etc? we thank God for Russia and China that are checking the excesses of those bastards, they would have removed all our strong Islamic leadership and install there puppets.

2. Buhari is 1000 times the president Gej was, whether you agree or not', Gej had far more resources, courtesy of oil boom, and also had more time to fix Nigeria, and he blew it because of cluelessness and corruption. 450 billion dollars from oil alone, and not even a single functional refinery! show me a picture of where gej commission a project worth 5billion naira in the six years of his misrule, rather, he had to borrow to pay ordinary workers salaries.

3. If you haven't been able to put the disaster of the Biafra civil war behind you, after over 40 years, how come you expect us to put the calamitous pdp behind us after just three years? No, they must be held accountable for all their atrocities.

4. If we don't compare Buhari to Jonathan, is it Aguyi Ironsi you want us to compare him to? is Jonathan not Buhari immediate predecessor?

5. Don't expect us to prove you wrong, we will vote for Buhari again in 2019, and wait patiently for our turn in 2023, had the Igbos not blinded by religion and ethnic hatred, they should have seen the signs and cue behind Buhari so they can be next in line, the Igbos stupidity is the yorubas gain.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
dorodee:
Shehu Sani for president
Sadly, he can't win his state cry

No strong young contender
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by Cjrane2: 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
humilitypays:
Good morning fellow Nigerians.

What I am about to post here is my personal opinion based on deep research of events happening since the past 2 years now.

For those shouting: GO GET YOUR PVC, in as much as this is what every adult Nigerian of voting age ought to do right now, I want to inform you guys that not all Nigerians who desire and struggle to get their PVC will get it and this is part of the indirect strategies to rig the 2019 election in favor of the ruling party.

Without wasting much of your time, let me inform you all that Muhammadu Buhari will win 2019 presidential election if he goes ahead to contest as he has indicated already.

President Buhari won't win the election based on merit or because he performed to convince majority of Nigerians to re-elect him at the 2019 polls, but he will win because he and APC really had the strategies in place to remain in power, how Read on...

10 reasons why Buhari will lose 2019 elections

I will take time to write brief summaries on these issues which will weigh heavily on the chances of Buhari continuing as Nigeria's President after May 2019. For a variety of Nigerians, the decision to vote for Buhari can be summarized into one of the bullet point below. The question is whether our hopes in Buhari has been met or dashed. Do we feel fulfilled or disappointed with the President's activities and methods?

1. The Jonathan mismanagement that contributed to Buhari's 2015 victory
Under President Goodluck Jonathan, cabinet Ministers went wild with looting of government resources. The frustration was largely the seeming inability of GEJ to remove or punish the erring Ministers. The Petroleum Minister, Diezani Madueke easily comes to mind. A lot of sordid acts happened in NNPC that the former CBN Governor, HRH Emir of Kano Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi had publicly announced that about $20 billion dollars were unaccounted for at the NNPC. The regime of Jonathan practically swept the issue under the carpet and inadvertently allowed such percieved corruption to go unpunished. This weighed much in the determination of some Nigerians to show Jonathan the "red card" at the pools

2. The broken promise by Buhari to belong to all
One of the most laudable things President Buhari did during his inauguration was to declare that he belong to all Nigerians. This statement rekindled some hope of national unity after the bitter but peaceful change of power from a Niger Deltan to a far northerner. Buhari's proclamation as many others he did turned out to be mere empty words of propaganda. From his appointment of cabinet Ministers, Service Chief and finally his speech at the United States Institute for Peace in July 2015 where he revealed his deep grudges against Nigerians he described as 5% who did not vote for him. Therefore, should not expect much from his regime. This statement drew a lot of reaction from the regions he made reference to as the 5% (Southeast and Southsouth). The low tempo agitation for independence of Biafra took off and gained mainstream relevance led by charismatic Nnamdi Kanu and the there was an explosion of sabotage activities in the Niger Delta by the Avengers. All of these actions impacted negatively on the economy and helped tilt the balance into an economic recession for the country. Things could have got worse and escalated, but it appeared seasoned former Heads of State had advised Buhari on the futility and risk of all out military action and the need to use the civil society in the regions to douse tensions. This was also tempered by the behind the scenes work of notable Nigerians to reverse the "Quit Notice" on the Igbos and we dodged the bullet as a country. Again, the immaturity of Buhari as a leader had pulled us into a recession and almost into a civil war in a short span of 2 years.

3. The mismanagement of the the anti-corruption crusade
The war on corruption started on a great promise. Buhari had declared that all looters would be made to give up their loot, and the government would transparently publish the recovered loot and the names of the looters. The novel idea of whistle blowing was launched and indeed many people started giving up their loot rather than go to jail.
Then it became clear that those pursued for looting were simply members of the opposition PDP and if a corrupt politician crossed over from PDP to APC, they would be "forgiven" and allowed to keep their loot. Many corrupt politicians immediately left PDP and registered as APC members and so the anti corruption war no longer had anyone to arrest or force their forfeiture of ill gotten wealth. That became the end of the hitherto promising "war on corruption" under Buhari. The worst part was that Buhari's personal friends such as the former Secretary to Government and others were furiously looting the national treasury through ridiculous contracts to import grass etc. The deputy Minister for Petroleum Ibe Kachikwu out of frustration listed that NNPC had not remitted a whopping $25 billion dollars fraud! The NNPC Group Managing Director Maikanti Baru and Kachikwu were invited into the Presidential villa villa and ordered to "hush" the issue. As we saw under Jonathan, the issue was swept under the rug and no respectable independent panel of external auditors were invited to investigate the issue. Till date, nobody has heard anything about the missing $25 billion dollars.

4. The mismanagement of the economy
When President Buhari took over, there was a lot of hope that the economy would soon blossom. Indeed, the price of oil dropped due to circumstances beyond the control of President Buhari. However, we know regimes of President Obasanjo, Babangida and others had seen oil prices less than $40 dollars per barrel. Yet, Obasanjo was able to pay off Nigeria's foreign debt and embarked on a lot of laudable projects to boost the economy including completion of NLNG project amongst many others. President Buhari's immediate reaction to the lower oil price was to artificially restrict the flow of dollars and peg the Naira exchange rate at N200 to $1. This created a worse economic nightmare for CBN that had to sell dollars at below market rate to banks, who in turn gave the dollars to "selected" customers who had clearly bribed the bank managers. These customers went ahead to sell these cheap dollars at the true market rate in the black market and made huge profits while the CBN was depleting our foreign reserve to defend Naira at N200 to $1. When it became obvious that we would soon deplete our foreign reserves and there would be nothing left to defend the artificial exchange rate, Buhari reluctantly agreed to allow the naira depreciate and stop the practice of giving dollars to banks at ridiculously lower exchange rates. Unfortunately at that point, serious damage had already been done to the national economy which is still felt by every Nigerian till date.
Again Buhari borrowed massively during this period which blew up the eternal debt from about $6 billion to more than $15 billion today.

5. The silence on creating jobs for the youths
The youths were exhilarated that Buhari would bring back jobs and therefore voted massively for him in 2015. This was not the case as Buhari soon abandoned his promises to drive industrialization, develop the petro-chemical industries, stabilize power to improve ease of doing business and generally improve national infrastructure. The result of lack of any of Buhari's electoral promises was the rising incidence of armed robbery and banditry in the country. Nigerian youths traveled in droves through the desert in a futile attempt to reach Europe. Many of these youths were sold as slaves and horribly abused in Libya and other places for many years. It took the intervention of CNN to exposing these atrocities and shaming the Nigerian government to send planes to rescue her trapped youths in Libya.
In the face of failure of the promises of new industries, foreign investors and new businesses to employ youths, Nigerian youths are taking to crime, drug abuse and prostitution to simply survive.

6. Impact of Buhari health issues
One of the controversies of Buhari's candidature was his true age and when he actually finished secondary school. Buhari's official age was said to have been much younger than Buhari's younger sibling's age and the age of his peers in the army. This led to speculation that Buhari could have been much older than he told Nigerians. In a few months into his presidency, the effect of old age on governance was obvious. Buhari first complained about partial hearing loss and then he had to embark on two long periods of absence. In his long absence, governance feel apart and he was even rumored to have been in coma or died. Since Buhari hid his medical condition from Nigerians, he didn't want to give proper executive hand over to his Vice President. Therefore people like Maikanti Baru and other corrupt government officials simply flew to London and came back with purported signed contracts from the President from which billions of dollars were stolen from Nigeria. Under these circumstances, it was unclear who ran the country and massive corrupt practices happened in this period. It is noteworthy that nobody has been held to account for anything out of the fear of giving the impression that the president's long absence negatively impacted the country.

7. The failed promise to stop Boko Haram insurgency

In his iaugural speech, Buhari put Boko Haram on warning declaring the defence headquarters would temporarily be deployed to the northeast to neutralize the bombing of Boko HAram. These all happened to be mere words as the invasion of Sambisa forest was postponed again and again to allow Boko haram time to escape. When the invasion finally came and the President declare Boko Haram had been technically defeated, the insurgents replied him two days later with massive bombing on several locations simultaneously in the northeast. Since that day, like everything else, the fight against insurgency has been shrouded in secrecy. Nobody knows for sure what progress if any had been made. But the recent request for about $1 billion dollars and nearly constant bombings by the insurgents clearly tell Nigerians that Boko Haram is till alive and kicking despite the lies that we have been told.

8. Corruption and looting has continued in Nigeria
Sadly, corruption had continued unabated under Buhari. Nigeria had indeed become one of the reference countries for corruption in the world under transparency international. This issue and it's impact on the economy had already been discussed above.

9. Fostering deep national divisions and disunity (The Fulani Herdsmen agenda)
Through his actions and inactions, the avoidable clash between farmers (Mainly southerners and Fulani herdsmen- mainly northern fulanis) had led to several deaths. The seeming inability of Buhari to use the Nigerian armed forces against armed herdsmen who were killing villagers enmass and destroying their farms had led to deep national divisions and again threatening our unity. Highly respected Nigerians including President Olusegun Obasanjo and Gen Theophilus Danjuma has at various times openly urged the President Buhari to protect Nigerians living in their villages from the invading herdsmen. In frustration General Danjuma openly called on the villagers to defend themselves rather than fold their arms and be slaughtered. The fact that the invaders are Fulani who belong to the President Buhari's tribe and the victims are not the President's tribesmen has been used as explanation why the President would not act to punish tha invaders and save the victims. Instead, the President has called on the victims to cede their land as "Grazing zones" for the invaders.

10: Lack of responsibility for anything. (The blame game: Blame Jonathan: Blame PDP: Blame Nigerian youths: Blame Nigerians in diaspora etc)

The most outstanding attribute of President Buhari's regime is "Blaming game" If the blame isn't on Jonathan, it is PDP or oil price. More recently, the blame has shifted to "Nigerian youths" who have been declared as lazy and unable to engage in any economic venture. While some of these can be true, the overwhelming majority of Nigerian youths are extremely hardworking and innovative. In fact, Nigerian youths perform at par or beyond their counterparts when they go abroad. Nigerian youths created a music industry that still dominates Africa, a movie industry that is 3rd largest in the world and have excelled in numerous endeavors too numerous to count here. If the government of Nigeria especially under Buhari can be compared to Ghana or other African countries in terms of innovation and good governance, Nigeria would definitely have taken off as a great nation by now.

Finally, Nigerians must get their personal voters card (PVC) and make sure nothing stops you from participating and voting in the next round of elections. Stay in your polling station until results are announced, then use your phone to take pictures of the pasted result sheet and post here on NL and facebook. This is the only way we can collectively help to make Nigeria a better place and give red card to any bad government that had caused so much pain and suffering to Nigerians and their families.

If you do not vote and defend your vote by posting results, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN LATER.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
Sirjamo:

1. Have you asked your self, if Boko Haram are true Muslims, why have they bombed more mosques and killed more Muslims than Christians? Boko Haram are just criminals hiding under Islam, and if you think the west, especially America and Britain do not sponsor terrorism, who is behind the rebels of Syria, Libya, Turkey etc? we thank God for Russia and China that are checking the excesses of those bastards, they would have removed all our strong Islamic leadership and install there puppets.

2. Buhari is 1000 times the president Gej was, whether you agree or not', Gej had far more resources, courtesy of oil boom, and also had more time to fix Nigeria, and he blew it because of cluelessness and corruption. 450 billion dollars from oil alone, and not even a single functional refinery! show me a picture of where gej commission a project worth 5billion naira in the six years of his misrule, rather, he had to borrow to pay ordinary workers salaries.

3. If you haven't been able to put the disaster of the Biafra civil war behind you, after over 40 years, how come you expect us to put the calamitous pdp behind us after just three years? No, they must be held accountable for all their atrocities.

4. If we don't compare Buhari to Jonathan, is it Aguyi Ironsi you want us to compare him to? is Jonathan not Buhari immediate predecessor?

5. Don't expect us to prove you wrong, we will vote for Buhari again in 2019, and wait patiently for our turn in 2023, had the Igbos not blinded by religion and ethnic hatred, they should have seen the signs and cue behind Buhari so they can be next in line, the Igbos stupidity is the yorubas gain.
I seesmiley
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by dorodee(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
humilitypays:
Sadly, he can't win his state cry

No strong young contender

Shehu Sani and Donald Duke should be properly packaged.... Anything will win baba!
Re: Buhari Will Win 2019 Election: This Is How & Why by humilitypays(m): 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
dorodee:

Shehu Sani and Donald Duke should be properly packaged.... Anything will win baba!
Shehu sani doesn't have much fan base, he would have been okay, Donald Duke is okay but he is not that popular in the north and he is not even making effort to popularize himself ahead of 2019.

Atikue seems to be the only major contender and I don't think he is a better option

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Life Of Hypocrisy,deceit,and Dubiousness,( See Pics) / No Igboman Has Ever Ruled Nigeria At Any Point In Time, Really? / Breaking! PDP Chieftain Arrested In Osogbo For Vote Buying At Re-run Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.