Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,066 members, 7,863,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

When Are We Going To Get Things Right In This Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Are We Going To Get Things Right In This Country? (707 Views)

Situation Of Things Right Now At Owerri / We Must Act Together To Get Things Right In 2019, Obasanjo Reiterates / When Are We Going To Have An Igbo President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are We Going To Get Things Right In This Country? by Wagasigiungu(m): 10:09am On Apr 22, 2018
*When are we going to get things right in this country?* ��

We keep celebrating mediocrity. What prompted me to ask this question? I just read about Dano coy (obviously one of the sponsors of BBN) refurbishing the kitchen of one of the contestants mum and also giving her a grand price of 500k!!! To crown it all, the show which is scheduled to come to an end today promises to give the winner a whooping 45 million naira!!! Not to mention the other endorsement deals coming their way. Yes, you read right!!! Like seriously��. You also want to ask the million dollar question: for what exactly?

Did the contestants showcase any rare talent? Did they in any way motivate our youths, uphold and promote our socio-cultural heritage, Foster national unity, excel in any way that will add value to the Nigerian nation? The answer is an emphatic NO.

At a time:

* when the nation needs to be rescued from the abyss of perpetual under-development,

* when the nations citadel of learning are in dire need of research grants, and our nation has one of the highest number of out-of-school children

*when the teaming population of youths are battling with unemployment and underemployment,

*when our leaders are taking us for a ride by robbing us of our commonwealth in broad daylight,

* when our health care facilities are decayed and our beloved country has some of the worst health indices globally,

* when our youths are "labelled lazy" despite having to struggle and huzzle for themselves come rain come shine, in health and in sickness, right from their childhood,

* when we desperately need someone to wake us from the perpetual intellectual and revolutionary slumber we have been in, ginger us to ask questions and demand our leaders to deliver on the promised mandate and the dividends of democracy while focusing our collective energy and resources to develop our beloved nation,

* when corruption and nepotism is so pervasive in the country that it lives with us, sleeps in our beds, and dines with us,

All the youths can focus on is BBN and other mundane stuffs.

Quite pathetic.

I am waiting for some to come and speak in favour of the show and tell me (in all honesty and in the spirit of constructive discussions), how this show will add any value to us. Yes, I know, some of what I mentioned can be argued to be the responsibility of government. Let us however not forget that the govt can also direct the activities of the so-called corporate sponsors. I also know you most probably have heard about the concept of public private partnerships (PPP).

When was the last time you heard of a youth who invented a something or excelled academically get rewarded like this. What stops such an inventor from getting the necessary support from the private sector or the one who EXCEEDED academically from getting an all-expenses paid scholarship to further his/her education and contribute to the nation?

I am going to keep an open mind about this and not be dogmatic. I await someone to come forward with insightful arguments why we should promote this show and what advantages we stand to gain therefrom both individually and as a nation.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
To the Mods: This thread isn't an affront on the organizers/sponsors of BBNaija. This is to stimulate critical and rational thinking in our youths.

God Bless Us All

God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: When Are We Going To Get Things Right In This Country? by Reelectbuhari: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2018
Wagasigiungu:
*When are we going to get things right in this country?* ��

We keep celebrating mediocrity. What prompted me to ask this question? I just read about Dano coy (obviously one of the sponsors of BBN) refurbishing the kitchen of one of the contestants mum and also giving her a grand price of 500k!!! To crown it all, the show which is scheduled to come to an end today promises to give the winner a whooping 45 million naira!!! Not to mention the other endorsement deals coming their way. Yes, you read right!!! Like seriously��. You also want to ask the million dollar question: for what exactly?

Did the contestants showcase any rare talent? Did they in any way motivate our youths, uphold and promote our socio-cultural heritage, Foster national unity, excel in any way that will add value to the Nigerian nation? The answer is an emphatic NO.

At a time:

* when the nation needs to be rescued from the abyss of perpetual under-development,

* when the nations citadel of learning are in dire need of research grants, and our nation has one of the highest number of out-of-school children

*when the teaming population of youths are battling with unemployment and underemployment,

*when our leaders are taking us for a ride by robbing us of our commonwealth in broad daylight,

* when our health care facilities are decayed and our beloved country has some of the worst health indices globally,

* when our youths are "labelled lazy" despite having to struggle and huzzle for themselves come rain come shine, in health and in sickness, right from their childhood,

* when we desperately need someone to wake us from the perpetual intellectual and revolutionary slumber we have been in, ginger us to ask questions and demand our leaders to deliver on the promised mandate and the dividends of democracy while focusing our collective energy and resources to develop our beloved nation,

* when corruption and nepotism is so pervasive in the country that it lives with us, sleeps in our beds, and dines with us,

All the youths can focus on is BBN and other mundane stuffs.

Quite pathetic.

I am waiting for some to come and speak in favour of the show and tell me (in all honesty and in the spirit of constructive discussions), how this show will add any value to us. Yes, I know, some of what I mentioned can be argued to be the responsibility of government. Let us however not forget that the govt can also direct the activities of the so-called corporate sponsors. I also know you most probably have heard about the concept of public private partnerships (PPP).

When was the last time you heard of a youth who invented a something or excelled academically get rewarded like this. What stops such an inventor from getting the necessary support from the private sector or the one who EXCEEDED academically from getting an all-expenses paid scholarship to further his/her education and contribute to the nation?

I am going to keep an open mind about this and not be dogmatic. I await someone to come forward with insightful arguments why we should promote this show and what advantages we stand to gain therefrom both individually and as a nation.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
To the Mods: This thread isn't an affront on the organizers/sponsors of BBNaija. This is to stimulate critical and rational thinking in our youths.

God Bless Us All

God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

by seeing God bless federal Republic of nigeria...here...everything u hv written is a trash and straight to dustbin....

God can't bless an adultrous nation( sodom and gomorrah)...and land of blood.....
Re: When Are We Going To Get Things Right In This Country? by Wagasigiungu(m): 10:20am On Apr 22, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

by seeing God bless federal Republic of nigeria...here...everything u hv written is a trash and straight to dustbin....

God can't bless an adultrous nation( sodom and gomorrah)...and land of blood.....

Well thanks for sharing your thoughts but I believe the God I know you are referring to is an oft-forgiving God and The Most Merciful.

Please don't be so sure and certain in your assertions afterall you ain't the Mouth-piece of God and the Ways of the Lord can never be fathomed.

God Bless you and God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Can I hear you at least say Amen to this)
Re: When Are We Going To Get Things Right In This Country? by Reelectbuhari: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2018
Wagasigiungu:

Well thanks for sharing your thoughts but I believe the God I know you are referring to is an oft-forgiving God and The Most Merciful.

Please don't be so sure and certain in your assertions afterall you ain't the Mouth-piece of God and the Ways of the Lord can never be fathomed.

God Bless you and God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Can I hear you at least say Amen to this)

God forbid....

say Amen to an expired country.....u must be a joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Are We Going To Get Things Right In This Country? by Wagasigiungu(m): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

God forbid....
say Amen to an expired country.....u must be a joke
Na u sabi

(1) (Reply)

2019: Abacha’s Former CSO, Al Mustapha Presidential Posters Hits Streets / The Curse Of Calvary / Rivers: Supreme Court ‘stops’ Council Election, Adjourns Case To December 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.