Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? (938 Views)

Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? / Lagosians Queueing At Alausa For National ID At 6am This Morning / I Will Cross Your National Red Line, Lere Olayinka Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Thermodynamics(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
I applied for mine since 2014, up till date, no text message to confirm if it's ready, I tried to check if it's ready online but they kept replying with this message.

" Sorry, the details did not return a result. Perhaps your card has not yet been dispatched. Please try again in a week or so"

I mean, how hard could it be to create an ID-card, even a cyber cafe can create an ID in 24hours, the only thing I could think of is, somebody somewhere is diverting 90% of the money that is suppose to be use for the creation of the ID-cards, and only spending the remaining 10% funds so that probably out of every 200 people that registered, one permanent ID would be issued, so it would look as if they are actually working.

1 Like

Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by theunnamed: 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
I registered around the same time, got it, but I lost.
Went back to ask them what could be done and they was like "people dey wey neva collect their own, you want come collect another one"...
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Thermodynamics(m): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
theunnamed:
I registered around the same time, got it, but I lost.
Went back to ask them what could be done and they was like "people dey wey neva collect their own, you want come collect another one"...

Lol, Nigeria never gives you a second chance.

Did you get a text message?
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Ayomel(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
The truth is that Nigeria is not working
Nothing is working.

The president is clueless dump and out of this world. How can a president say Nigerian youths are lazy like he as been paying them or creat any reasonable job
his a failure

Power holdings will bring bill when there isn’t power.
Bad roads everywhere.
Hospital it a no no
Education system is nothing to talk about only church and musqué everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by theunnamed: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
Thermodynamics:

Lol, Nigeria never gives you a second chance.

Did you get a text message?

Yea I did, twas years after the registration though
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Thermodynamics(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
Ayomel:
The truth is that Nigeria is not working
Nothing is working.

The president is clueless dump and out of this world. How can a president say Nigerian youths are lazy like he as been paying them or creat any reasonable job
his a failure

Power holdings will bring bill when there isn’t power.
Bad roads everywhere.
Hospital it a no no
Education system is nothing to talk about only church and musqué everywhere

My guy, if you think of Nigeria matter you go get high blood pressure, to me, Nigeria is a lost cause, I've realized that a long time ago, that's why, everything I do is just aimed at a single goal, "leaving this Country" everyday I keep plotting my way out, I have only one life to live, I just can't spend it here.
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Thermodynamics(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
theunnamed:

Yea I did, twas years after the registration though

Huh, I am thinking of going to their office to check for mine cus I don't trust that their online method, it might not be working correctly.
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by theunnamed: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2018
Thermodynamics:

Huh, I am thinking of going to their office to check for mine cus I don't trust that their online method, it might not be working correctly.

If it's in Lagos, they won't let you in unless they see the text...but good luck any way
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 23, 2018
Thermodynamics:
I applied for mine since 2014, up till date, no text message to confirm if it's ready, I tried to check if it's ready online but they kept replying with this message.

" Sorry, the details did not return a result. Perhaps your card has not yet been dispatched. Please try again in a week or so"

I mean, how hard could it be to create an ID-card, even a cyber cafe can create an ID in 24hours, the only thing I could think of is, somebody somewhere is diverting 90% of the money that is suppose to be use for the creation of the ID-cards, and only spending the remaining 10% funds so that probably out of every 200 people that registered, one permanent ID would be issued, so it would look as if they are actually working.
why not manage with your International Passport
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by sowore2019: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2018
The National ID failed because they're operating with analogue mentality, nothing stops them from printing the card instantly once the NIN has been generated by the central server.
They will keep complaining of connection speed without doing anything to improve the situation because they do not know the value.

1 Like

Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Thermodynamics(m): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2018
theunnamed:

If it's in Lagos, they won't let you in unless they see the text...but good luck any way

Hmm, na wa oh, which kind come levo be that na.
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Thermodynamics(m): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2018
immhotep:

why not manage with your International Passport

mine just got expired, the National id card doesn't get expired, you don't need to renew it.
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by theunnamed: 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
Thermodynamics:

Hmm, na wa oh, which kind come levo be that na.

All those ppl wey dem put there ya were gan
E just be like say na tout dem go put there
Re: Have You Gotten Your National Id-card ? by Ayomel(m): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2018
Thermodynamics:

My guy, if you think of Nigeria matter you go get high blood pressure, to me, Nigeria is a lost cause, I've realized that a long time ago, that's why, everything I do is just aimed at a single goal, "leaving this Country" everyday I keep plotting my way out, I have only one life to live, I just can't spend it here.

can i be honet to you!!!! you will hate the goverment more if you are out of the country, because u will see how stupid and crazy they are bring the country from grace to grass my guy nothing is happening in that country, am not saying you should leave the country buy really anywhere is better than nigeria now.
the country is good for the rich now, i pray it will be better soon Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Returns To Public Light, Mocks 72 New APC State Chairmen / Dr Paul Enenche Delivers Twin Sisters From The Spirit Of Insanity / Daily Newspaper Headline Reviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.