Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,747 members, 7,834,513 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

This PDP Poster Is A Scam! Check Why... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This PDP Poster Is A Scam! Check Why... (550 Views)

Gov Caught On Tape Defacing PDP Poster (pics) / Breaking. This Pdp Armed Robber Went To Cbn Asaba For Inec Result Sheets / APC Vs PDP Poster In Enugu (Funny Battle Ground Calendar) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This PDP Poster Is A Scam! Check Why... by Marloo: 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
WHAT CAN CAN'T DO, CAN CAN DO
....Does this really make sense? Yes it does

That poster really caught my attention! No doubt that it does same to you, this is a political poster that offers a bid for pity, consideration and acceptance. But then, the text is as empty as void itself. The author should be a motivational speaker. To, me the text lacks all senses of action. Anyway, I love to see people using language in this kind of beautiful way as this confirms to me that language, really, is a carriage of ideology. But should I fold my arms and allow people cheaply falling into the trap? No!

A colleague of mine, Gbolagade Taiwo has made it easy to understand, put APC to replace the first 'can' and use PDP to replace the second 'can'. Then, the statement will be clearer thus: what APC can't do, PDP can do. Yes, very correct. But while I'm not interested in what the text appeals to portray, rather I'm focusing on the intrinsic value of it. So, I won't take the replacement as it will only cushion the hazard of the text and make it more deceptive.

Let's face it, the expression has two nominal "can", one in the first part of the sentence marked off with a comma, and the second at the other part.
Thus:1) what CAN can't do,
2) CAN can do
Please, first note that the middle can't & can are both verbs while the initial "CANS" in capital letter serve as the subject. Also, have it in mind that the meaning of can, generally (either as verb or noun) is CAPABILITY. So, both the subjects have something in common whether it represents PDP or not, that's capability. Therefore, either you replace the first can as APC or vice versa, the point is, both CANS are the same set of people who know the right things, have the ability, but will never do it because of their selfishness. Obviously,
The meaning of the statement is that: "what someone who is capable is incapable (or being made to be incapable) to do, then someone who is also capable has the capability to do it." But this doesn't tell us the second CAN will do it. It only repeats what we already know. Read the text again and you will get it.

Sincerely, the above text only presents our leaders or representatives as people who are not ready to take action, but rather blame others and appeal to our sense of pity to accept him/her without giving any offer. It's like saying black is black or White is white. The text is just giving only information about the prowess of our leaders, which they have failed to deliver or not ready to do. For this reason, I've only seen the campaign poster as a scam to brainwash the readers...

MALOMO TUNDE EMMANUEL

Re: This PDP Poster Is A Scam! Check Why... by donkossy(m): 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Former APC Senator Weds His Bride In Style ,expensive Hummer Limousine (photos) / Pictures Of Security Operatives At The National Assembly Complex / Nigerian Herdsmen Don't Carry AK 47. Where Is This One Captured From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.