Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

There Is A “big Nonsense” Happening In Nigeria(big Brother Double Wahala ! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / There Is A “big Nonsense” Happening In Nigeria(big Brother Double Wahala ! (463 Views)

BBNaija: Pepper Dem Meets Double Wahala Housemates (Photos) / Real Names Of 2018 Housemates Of Big Brother Naija (Double Wahala) / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Is A “big Nonsense” Happening In Nigeria(big Brother Double Wahala ! by Dtman: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Big brother Nigeria just wind down, here is my personal opinion on the program. Sometimes you can’t get your head around why people enjoy somethings, the rationale behind the almost inseparable sense of attachment to something. You often watch those around you in disgust for the love of that which seems to you a “made for fools” TV show. A seldom pleasure they feel which makes you see them in condescending manner. They gaze in awe on TV screens like there life depends on its, like a fanatic football fan who never misses a game. You don’t find it interesting ,so you want to escape from it but you can’t; it’s like air. A colleague whose words are poison to your soul, with a zero sense of optimism but you are locked up in the same office every working day; so you can’t escape him. That’s “Big brother africa”, a non-consequential show that preys on perversion of our time. A cocktail of this with home video will make you into a low IQ fellow. You want to escape but you can't, after all you are going to have a friend, a colleague, a house mate that watches and talks about the “ Big none sense”. When you check the newspaper there are many articles waiting for you; you go on nairaland, Facebook, twitter and Ig they are all peppered with news about it. You will say to yourself, don’t be a jerk and a non sensitive fellow; common! it can be that bad. So you try to watch, you see some clowns in a ritzy fiefdoms house living, eating, bathing together. They argue with each other, play games with each other, acts together. A house of " double none sense where breast and laps of young ladies are on full display, male eggplant dangling away in see through briefs. You go on the internet,fans of the contestants are trading school yard insults. Before you know it; breaking news! Miracle and Cece had sex in the kitchen while others were sleeping. No this can be true, you click on the link it takes you to YouTube; there you go, it’s a sex tape. This was the moment I snapped, the grotesque video made me feel incandescence in a bad way. Spurned I quipped in an uncanny way, How does this hard value to my life? Thus this make me a better person? Thus this enhance my productivity ? Am I pragmatic and resourceful ? What is the opportunity cost of watching. The answer is that this show adds no value, you can’t be a fan of big brother show and I will appreciate your time management strategy.  Don’t waste away your time, it’s a resource you have wasted in the last three months watching a low life show. If you’ve spent two hours in the last three months, you’ve spent one hundred and eighty hours of your time watching that crap. The real cost is the productive use you could have spent that time on; it’s a pity you wasted it. And you are one of those annoyed when Buhari said Nigerian youth are lazy. Don’t get me wrong I love reality TV shows like idols and project fame; where talent and passion are properly channeled and nurtured. But big brother doesn’t offer any real moral lesson. This Programme seems to have provided circus and bread to distract youths from the reality of the society we live in; if not permanently but at least in the interim. A society where there is meagre opportunity for the youths, if you don’t find a way for yourself no one will. Big brother has piggyback on lack regulations and decorum in our society and metamorphosed into a national calamity. A successful ballyhoo on the part of multichoice and its parent company DSTV; that have stultified the youth of our nation. A quintessential quagmire that all have fell for. The Buhari administration run by a megalomaniac, couldn’t have been happier about this hiatus to public hemorrhage; they have suffered in recent months, all courtesy of avuncular hornswoggle that was not of there making. I see them hobnobbing, swooning and fawning away in adulation . A perfect storm to disguise inherent societal upheaval. There is a “big nonsense” happening in Nigeria and I hope it has less audience next time. We must not kowtow to this modicum of immortality that has gain national preeminence and recognition. It’s a house of perversion period. I leave you with this word of advice “You always waste time on trivial matters, But what you can't see is this: Time is wasting you”
https://olaniranoladotunblog./2018/04/22/there-is-a-big-nonsense-happening-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Yellowstone 2018 TV Show Series Reviews Posters / Creative Team To Bring Classic Movies To Nollywood Industry / Have You Watch Season 8, Episode 3 GOT (battle Of Winterfell?)–who’s Your Hero?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.