Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Prof. Msugh Kembe Set To Inflict More Pain On The People Of Benue State In-spite - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Msugh Kembe Set To Inflict More Pain On The People Of Benue State In-spite (385 Views)

Maduka University Ekwegbe, Enugu State In Pictures / Snake Swallows N36m Cash In JAMB Office Makurdi, Benue State / The People Of Covenant University In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Msugh Kembe Set To Inflict More Pain On The People Of Benue State In-spite by BillBillion(m): 12:44am On Apr 23, 2018
PROF. MSUGH KEMBE SET TO INFLICT MORE PAIN ON THE PEOPLE OF BENUE STATE IN-SPITE OF UNPAID SALARIES, SACKING OF WORKERS BY THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT AND INCESSANT ATTACKS BY FULANI HERDSMEN

By
Bill-Billion.

Throughout the history of Benue State University Makurdi, there has been no increment in the tuition fee such as the one done by Prof. Kembe, I wonder what his intents are. I so much know and you will agree with me that Benue State University Makurdi was established to bridge the gap in the educational backwardness of the state by offering; if not free education, it should be one at an affordable rate. It is undoubtedly that we are practicing a mixed economy. However, all public institutions/organizations which Benue State University is one of them are service rendering ones and their purpose is not profit making.

By this malicious act, it is very crystal clear that Prof. Kembe apart from being wicked is highly insensitive of the present economic situation and realities in the state, for him to have made a 100% increase of the acceptance fee, (old fee N5,000, new fee N10,000) tuition fee (N113,400 per session) as well as departmental registrations in-spite of the unpaid salaries, sacking of workers who were legally employed by the past administration – tagging them “ghost workers” when the real ghost workers are still there, incessant attack by the Fulani herdsmen on the people of Benue state leading high increase in the number of internally displaced persons.
You will agree with me that Benue state is not an industrialist state but one that is highly dominated by farmers and civil servants who are hardly paid their salaries. The supposed farmers are being displaced by Fulani herdsmen attack while others are being killed, lost of lives and property is on the increase every day. These farmers cannot go back to their homes to continue with their farm activities to earn living and sponsor their children to school.

Sequel to the ugly situation we find ourselves in the state, one would expect that Prof Kembe should be thinking of lowering the cost of education at the Benue State University Makurdi and not to increase the fee by 100%. This is obvious that his intents are devilish, demonic, selfish and a deliberate attempt to inflict more pain on the people of Benue State who are already doomed by the present administration both at the Federal, State and Local government levels. I thought the cause of the recent protest by the students should still be fresh in the Professor’s head but it appears he has amnesia for him to have forgotten so easily. Put together all that he spent during his undergraduate programme, you will realize not up to the amount we spend per session. If not that he was being sponsored by the government in all his educational programmes. I believe the professor has no conscience.

The very moment Msugh Kembe assumed duty as the VC of the profound Benue State University Makurdi he embarked on ensuring that all that the former VC Prof. Charity Angya has put on ground is rubbished. He deliberately delayed the graduation of students by extending the academic session to elapse in another year instead of the usual one year. This shows he has no pity on students, parents or guardians over the rent they pay at exorbitant rate. Meaning that if you are offered a four year course then you should prepare to pay house rent for five years instead of four years.

The insensitiveness of the professor is becoming a thing of concern as to whether he is competent to handle the position. I call on well meaning stakeholders in the state to intervene in the matter with all alacrity before it goes viral.
Thank You.
Bill-Billion.

(1) (Reply)

UNN 2018/19 Aspirants Come In Here / The Real Cause Of Rainbow / Website Buying And Selling The Business You Can Start With #5000 As A Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.