Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Little Boys Finger Amputated Due To Negligence. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Little Boys Finger Amputated Due To Negligence. (386 Views)

Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? / Months After Her Arm Was Amputated, Nigerian Lady Shares Recovery Photo / Man Serves His Amputated Foot To Friends For Dinner (Graphic Story & Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Boys Finger Amputated Due To Negligence. by Ellakaife(f): 4:55am On Apr 23, 2018
Too bad.

A woman seeks for justice for her son whose finger had to be amputated due to a suspected case of medical negligence.

She wrote to a facebook user (Olu Bunmi) seeking for help.

She wrote:

Good mrng ma. Pls ma i need ur help,to treat and get justice for my son. I am 32years old single mother of a 15years old son. When my son came 15years ago, he was born with his 2 fingers joint 2geda.

He has being living with it till sometime last year it started paining him and i took him to a doctor who said he can operate him. He separated it and asked us to return after 14days which we did. But on getting there d opened d wrap fingers and it was lifeless.

There was no blood circulation vos of d way d wrapped it and 14days was too long. D doctor shown less concern till i took my child to fmc umuahia and d fingers were cut off.

My son ve gone through pains. We ve cried out our eyes. Now a hospital in uk said d can fix him a prosthesis. At d rate of 3.6million.

I went bavk to d doctor despite how he treated us to seek for help. D lawyer i got he bribed him. I am helpless.

Cos i see my son becoming frustrated each day. He dont go to school anymore, he feel infeeior and ashamed. I am so bittered and frudstrated too. Now my question is who do i run to.

Am looking for a good lawyer. And direction to go. Am in abia state.

Ps… alternatively, can we help her raise the funds for a prosthesis? Is there somewhere it can be done in Nigeria if we can’t help her to do it abroad?

Pss… Pls incase anybody want to help here is my account:Ogbonna Jane amarachi, 3082009107 first bank

Below are photos of the victims hand.

Viewers discretion is advised.

Source: https://www.naijanoblelady.com/2018/04/22/woman-seeks-justice-for-her-son-which-hands-were-badly-managed-by-a-doctor/

Re: Little Boys Finger Amputated Due To Negligence. by Thegeneralqueen(f): 5:08am On Apr 23, 2018
This is painful

Re: Little Boys Finger Amputated Due To Negligence. by thesicilian: 5:18am On Apr 23, 2018
This is not good at all. I feel for the boy and his mother. A good doctor would have tried to correct his previous error by helping the woman with funds for her son's prosthetics. But then again, I don't know the full story.
Re: Little Boys Finger Amputated Due To Negligence. by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 23, 2018
To make things worse, that's his right hand.

If it were to be Lagos, there are hundreds of lawyers hungry for this kind of case. I don't know about Abia though. Our Igbo brothers and sisters, o'er to you.

1 Like

Re: Little Boys Finger Amputated Due To Negligence. by ultron12345: 7:04am On Apr 23, 2018
Let us hear the side of the hospital/doctor before coming to conclusions. Are u sure it wasn't a chemist or a quack or all those nurses (usually male ones) parading as doctors.
Re: Little Boys Finger Amputated Due To Negligence. by Greenpage: 8:02am On Apr 23, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Evergreen Healthcare (egh) An Airbnb Healthcare For Hiv Patients. / Formation Of Embryo Without Sperm And Egg / Save Money By Making Your Own Hand Sanitizer Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.