Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? (856 Views)

Employers, "Why Waste Employees Time"? / British Council Venue Staff Vs Marketing Job In A Bank. / Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? by AnonymouslyMe(m): 3:14am On May 17, 2010
Does anyone know where I can get good undergraduate jobs I can do either on/as part/full time basis/staff?

Because right now, I'm seriously "Job Hunting" as I have some serious personal issues (rent, careerwise, schoolwise, familywise etc) I need to take care of but funny enough, I'm just 21 (even though some find that to believe) and sorta seem to be hanging on my neck.

I also don't mind doing two jobs as far as it's legit & I can learn & grow along the way. It must be something I can connect with so as to enable me do excellently well at it without feeling weird.

For those who might want to know why I left/want to leave my current employer, Here is something.

Well, before now, I work/used to work with an investment company where I was paid N25k/Month as a ticket reservation officer, Fine! But where I actually have a prob with is understanding why/how some Employers can be so mean & inconsiderate despite all the effor you put into the company. This is what I call a "Breach of Contract". I mean, how can you employ me for something & after sometime, came up with a new salary structure that says "I shall now be paid N0.00/Month as it is solebased on commission" WHAT!!!

Pls keep reading,
Re: Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? by AnonymouslyMe(m): 4:55am On May 17, 2010
They are indirectly pushing me into MARKETING. One area I detest with passion especially when I'm not given the tools to do the job. Why wasn't I told in the first place? Why push me into it when the employment letter completely says another thing. To worsen it, I lack the tools needed to effectively carry out the job (allowance; calls & transport etc) and yet, expects me to bring results from their unrealistic targets. They don't care about how I do it, all they want is result. I say one of their office politics (tricks) at work. They are obviously asking me to leave, But for what possible reason? Don't knw. And really, is this the right way to go about it?

How can I plan my future when I can hardly boost of N10k/Month. How do they honestly expect a boy of 21 yrs (with no parent/guardian to support) to cope & pay the bills (tithe, rent, food, clothes etc) as a result of this new structure. No, they must be insane. Now, the young boy QUITS (even though I haven't officially resigned) but really, I don't think it's worth it. What's its essence when you can't even measure your success?

And just like they always say "Save for rainy days)

*Food 4 thought*
Never get carried away (feel to relaxed) by what you earn @ your workplace because someday, you will surely leave (have to be replace)

This is my story & I hope someone learnts from it.

NOW, BACK 2 JOB HUNTING,

Pls, if you're in need or know someone looking for a honest, hardworking young man, Pls don't hesitate to send me a mail anytime at: anonymouslyme@ovi.com or @gmail.com.

N.B - Pls everyone! All hands on deck. I'm seriouly in need of a job right now so as to SAVE some money to start a professional course on Web Design & Development so as to enable me fend for myself through out my years in school & in life generally.

Advice & Comments are Welcome! Pls help a fellow brother by sending em in.

Thanks 4 your time.

Do have a great week ahead!
Re: Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? by Blazing99: 1:08pm On May 17, 2010
Sorry about your plight. Goodluck in getting a better offer.

Why don't you reveal the Investment company so prospective Job seekers could beware?
Re: Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 17, 2010
Blazing99:

Sorry about your plight. Goodluck in getting a better offer.

Why don't you reveal the Investment company so prospective Job seekers could beware?

Not wise undecided
Re: Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 17, 2010
not advisable to reveal the firm undecided

Sorry 2 no dis, hp u get a job soon!
Re: Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? by bigleap: 1:47pm On May 17, 2010
pls email your cv to info@bigleapsolutions.net
Storekeeper positions open
Re: Help! Breach Of Contract - A Marketing Job In Disguise! Employers Why? by AnonymouslyMe(m): 12:24am On May 22, 2010
Thanks folks. I recently just got a job with even much better offer. Hoping to resume by first week of next month.

Yay! I'm so glad at last.

Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy-(2) Nos Real Estate Consultants-port Harcourt / How To Get €200 Euros In Your Adsense Account Within 30 Days / Credit Risk Officers Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.