Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari (2486 Views)

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures / Senators Call For President Buhari’s Impeachment Over $496m Tucano Aircraft / Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by Okoroawusa: 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
seunmsg:

It is not constitutional. However, I won't blame the president much considering the circumstances. The fact that the money was paid directly into the US government treasury and not to middle men also gives some level of confidence. It is now left for the national assembly to regularise the president's anticipatory approval by making provisions for it in the 2018 budget as requested by the president.
No one is looking at the fact that these negotiations were before Buhari and that Buhari decided to do away with middlemen and deal with Trump directly.

Wailers want us to rent Oritsejafor's plane,load with money and fly it directly to one American middleman with Nigerian connections.
Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by Xander85: 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
seunmsg:

It is impossible to misappropriate funds that hasn't been previously appropriated.

Nice one!

Why not go the whole hog and empty the ECA to buy a golden motorbike for Yusuf? wink
Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by hakimi1974(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
godofuck231:
10 million dollars for ww2 aircraft? Kollewenk
no, nah world war 1 bird. children of nowadays self, read and research dem no go gree, see as this one come display him ignorance for public forum.
Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by godofuck231: 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
hakimi1974:
no, nah world war 1 bird. children of nowadays self, read and research dem no go gree, see as this one come display him ignorance for public forum.
Lol
Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by 9jaArea: 12:47am On Apr 24, 2018
The NASS would've frustrated it if it went there first, it was a matter of emergency.
Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by 9jaArea: 12:51am On Apr 24, 2018
Maybe you were too young and didn't experience the wonders of PTF but some of us were old enough and benefited.
So just keep quiet
eagleeye2:

Read about the man Buhari, and you will understand better. Especially his time as a military president and his time ptdf
Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by enlady(f): 2:08am On Apr 24, 2018
This is cheap blackmail by the executive. The US approval to purchase the aircraft was given since last year. They deliberately waited till it was approaching deadline to make payments.
As for the budget, that your claim is for the ignorant. During the last interaction senator leadership held with Buhari at the villa, he declared that he didn't know ministers and heads of agencies were they ones stalling the process.

Sirjamo:
So you want him to be waiting for those useless legislators to be dancing on the approval until the end of the deadline, just as they are doing to the 2018 budget proposal since last year? The money has been paid already, let them do their worst.
Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by slimfit1(m): 2:58am On Apr 24, 2018
This is a sign that we don't have serious airforce officers otherwise they would have rejected those planes. Its an insult for us to still be talking about this types of planes that we have 100 of them wasting away in kaduna. When will hausa people apply common sense .

1 Like

Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by eagleeye2: 6:44am On Apr 24, 2018
9jaArea:
Maybe you were too young and didn't experience the wonders of PTF but some of us were old enough and benefited.
So just keep quiet

Throwing insults in a faceless forum make one seem so stúpid
Re: Why I Granted Anticipatory Approval Of $469m For Tucano Aircraft,-Buhari by Xander85: 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
slimfit1:
This is a sign that we don't have serious airforce officers otherwise they would have rejected those planes. Its an insult for us to still be talking about this types of planes that we have 100 of them wasting away in kaduna. When will hausa people apply common sense .

Even the name sef no follow! It sounds like the name of a kids toy airplane....super tucano 2000! shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Igboman Has Ever Ruled Nigeria At Any Point In Time, Really? / Tinubu Is Just A Mad Man / Many Nigerians Actually Don't Know that Nelson mandela Hid In Igboland For years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.