Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

They Snatched My Passport, I Snatched It Back, Melaye Speaks On Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Snatched My Passport, I Snatched It Back, Melaye Speaks On Arrest (324 Views)

Nigerians React As Senator Dino Melaye Speaks From Hospital Bed / Senator Dino Melaye Speaks From His Hideout. Nigerians React (Video, Photos) / Dino Melaye: "Immigration Snatched My Passport, I Snatched It Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1)

They Snatched My Passport, I Snatched It Back, Melaye Speaks On Arrest by Houseofmaliq(m): 10:34am On Apr 23, 2018
Leke Baiyewu
Lawmaker representing Kogi West Senatorial District , Senator Dino Melaye , has given more insights into his arrest and detention at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport when contacted by our correspondent on the telephone .
READ ALSO : Police arrest Dino Melaye at Abuja airport
He said, “My self and the Deputy Senate President , Ike Ekweremadu , and others were to be on an official trip to Morocco but while some have gone through the Lagos airport today , others are to depart tomorrow .
“ I got to this airport I was checked in and was already in the lounge waiting for departure . Immigration officers invited me that there is a directive from the police that I can ’ t travel ; that I am on their watch list . And I said it was not true, that the INTERPOL said they had not issue an alert on me . I opened INTERPOL ’ s website and showed them the denial . But they insisted that it was based on the directive from the police.
“ I was disembarked and asked me to go to their office (at the airport). They snatched my passport but I snatched my thing back from them . I got it back ! I ’ m still here with them . They circled me and said they were waiting for further instructions from the police. ”
Details soon .

http://www.punchng.com/breaking-they-snatched-my-passport-i-snatched-it-back-melaye-speaks-on-arrest/
Re: They Snatched My Passport, I Snatched It Back, Melaye Speaks On Arrest by Mynd44: 10:35am On Apr 23, 2018

(1)

Chronicles Of 24 APC Demon / ‘lazy’ Nigerian Youths And Political Illiteracy / CVR: INEC Registers 304, 359 Voters In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.