Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,661 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey (1601 Views)

My Programming Journey, My First Html Project / Post Your Programming Projects Ideas Here / Buy This Laptop And Start Your Programming Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Lamzzyy(m): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2018
My name is olamide, and I'm an aspiring programmer I started learning programming just last two weeks Saturday enrolled, in a free tutorial class started with html,CSS, now were in JavaScript did I mention this class is a once in a week class which is on Saturdays Yes we're suppose to learn html, CSS, JavaScript, and python in six days I still don't think that's possible Buh am giving it my best tho. Started having problems when we got to Javascript and that said, let's move to why I'm written this.

Growing up I never had no technology background embarassed embarassed in fact I just got my first laptop recently cause of the free programming class opportunity I saw and things aren't going quit well I got my laptop from grin grin yes jiji home of scarmers and (scarmereres)if English will permit me to use that, one condition to another sha I could not use it in class so I wan given a macbook pro shocked that laptop is super fast I sujest every dev should have that.

So were was I?? yeah I was given a Mac laptop to use in class just for the class tho, and me not having any experience with laptops my o my it was hard my teacher will just be typing and explaining and I'll be the only one that won't get it cause It was my first time with a Mac laptop let me tell you how bad it was I didn't even know how to scroll Confusing right yes mac laptop don't scroll like your normal windows laptop cool I had to Google it and finally I could scrolle grin I was participating very well in class Buh I could not practice at home cause of my laptop (brohaha) and my teacher called and told me sometimes i feel like laughing at you even though i want to laugh looking at the way you participate i can't laugh your going through the hard part of learning and that might be good for some people and bad for some. Hearing all of it made me say I'll never give up some learnt the hard way some learnt the easy way some learn early some learnt late.. I'll like devs reading this to share their learning journey as a programer.. cool hard or easy share to inspire aspiring programmers like me.. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
Op i think both of us are in the same shoe...

I am learning programming language theoretically, no laptop or andriod phone..

Just with my nokia asha 201, i have a texteditor for s40 phones downloaded in it..

I started with html, css, javascript and i am now on php..

I got a project in mind, i would have be on it if not for financial restriction...

My parents are no helping hands there because of money tho..
I keep learning because i believe eventually i will have a break through..

1 Like

Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Lamzzyy(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
chinedubrazil:
Op i think both of us are in the same shoe...

I am learning programming language theoretically, no laptop or andriod phone..

Just with my nokia asha 201, i have a texteditor for s40 phones downloaded in it..

I started with html, css, javascript and i am now on php..

I got a project in mind, i would have be on it if not for financial restriction...

My parents are no helping hands there because of money tho..
I keep learning because i believe eventually i will have a break through..

thanks for sharing p.m me maybe we can do something together

1 Like

Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
Lamzzyy:
thanks for sharing p.m me maybe we can do something together

not being able to do that.. I think i should add u up on facebook.. Can i have your facebook profile link?
Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by GreatAchiever1: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
Lamzzyy:
My name is olamide, and I'm an aspiring programmer I started learning programming just last two weeks Saturday enrolled, in a free tutorial class started with html,CSS, now were in JavaScript did I mention this class is a once in a week class which is on Saturdays Yes we're suppose to learn html, CSS, JavaScript, and python in six days I still don't think that's possible Buh am giving it my best tho. Started having problems when we got to Javascript and that said, let's move to why I'm written this.

Growing up I never had no technology background embarassed embarassed in fact I just got my first laptop recently cause of the free programming class opportunity I saw and things aren't going quit well I got my laptop from grin grin yes jiji home of scarmers and (scarmereres)if English will permit me to use that, one condition to another sha I could not use it in class so I wan given a macbook pro shocked that laptop is super fast I sujest every dev should have that.

So were was I?? yeah I was given a Mac laptop to use in class just for the class tho, and me not having any experience with laptops my o my it was hard my teacher will just be typing and explaining and I'll be the only one that won't get it cause It was my first time with a Mac laptop let me tell you how bad it was I didn't even know how to scroll Confusing right yes mac laptop don't scroll like your normal windows laptop cool I had to Google it and finally I could scrolle grin I was participating very well in class Buh I could not practice at home cause of my laptop (brohaha) and my teacher called and told me sometimes i feel like laughing at you even though i want to laugh looking at the way you participate i can't laugh your going through the hard part of learning and that might be good for some people and bad for some. Hearing all of it made me say I'll never give up some learnt the hard way some learnt the easy way some learn early some learnt late.. I'll like devs reading this to share their learning journey as a programer.. cool hard or easy share to inspire aspiring programmers like me.. smiley smiley
Same here bro. I've never operated or even seen a macbook pro b4 grin

1 Like

Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Mukah1234(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
This post got me. I am also learning programming. I've always wanted to learn programming but each time I try getting serious with it something comes up (either my laptop gets faulty or something else) and I immediately lose focus or interest. I think this happens cos I have nobody to encourage me. I've been trying to learn since 2016 but up till now am sti learning HTML.

1. If I may ask bro, where is this free class located and how can I enrol?

2. How do u manage to keep the vibe going in the midst of all this obscurities?
Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Lamzzyy(m): 7:52am On Apr 25, 2018
Mukah1234:
This post got me. I am also learning programming. I've always wanted to learn programming but each time I try getting serious with it something comes up (either my laptop gets faulty or something else) and I immediately lose focus or interest. I think this happens cos I have nobody to encourage me. I've been trying to learn since 2016 but up till now am sti learning HTML.

1. If I may ask bro, where is this free class located and how can I enrol?

2. How do u manage to keep the vibe going in the midst of all this obscurities?

no:1 I was just opportune to get the class free everybody else payed I say its Gods grace I had that..

no:2 I must say its motivation just find something at the back of your mind that will keep you motivated trust me when you know your work you'll make alot of money cause my teacher just got a job for 500k for something he'll do under 24hours...
and sorry it came late I had no idea what's wrong with this nairaland.. smileysmiley
Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by ClassicMcGee(m): 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
This got me... We're all in the same shoes... Still learning html though.
Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Mukah1234(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
ClassicMcGee:
This got me... We're all in the same shoes... Still learning html though.

Hmmm... Bro, how do u get ur learning resources?
Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Mukah1234(m): 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
Lamzzyy:
no:1 I was just opportune to get the class free everybody else payed I say its Gods grace I had that..

no:2 I must say its motivation just find something at the back of your mind that will keep you motivated trust me when you know your work you'll make alot of money cause my teacher just got a job for 500k for something he'll do under 24hours...
and sorry it came late I had no idea what's wrong with this nairaland.. smileysmiley

Okay! Thanks Bro.
Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by ClassicMcGee(m): 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
Mukah1234:

Hmmm... Bro, how do u get ur learning resources?

I use w3school.com
Re: Top Dev's Share Your Programming Journey by Mukah1234(m): 11:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
ClassicMcGee:

I use w3school.com

Alright thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Need Mobile App / Becoming A Database Administrator. / Programmers Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.