Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Depression Is Real And It's Killing Me - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Depression Is Real And It's Killing Me (494 Views)

How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed / Post NYSC Depression Is Real. Please Reach Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression Is Real And It's Killing Me by wizzypro1759(m): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2018
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
how does one feeling waking up to nothing to be happy about.Life has been full of up and down.....having parents that r rarely around or willing to listen to you or ever check up on u at school....i will say my problem started when my parents wanted to fulfill their dreams in me...I'm an extreme introvert n don't warm up to strangers easily, I changed school three times during my primary and secondary school, each one after I'm just trying to settle in.... back to my ss1 I wanted to be a psychologist but you know African parents-doctor or engineer.. I'd to follow their dream...i cleared my waec once n jamb same year I was offered admission in unilorin to study psychology bt my parents made me to go funaab-soil science and land management cuz they felt unilorin was far away for a 16years to live away from.... I'm now left with no choice and that was my beginning of my depression having to study a course I never heard of b4.. my first semester was okay, I'd a strong 2.1 bt second semester was poor due to my broken hands.. I missed a lot of c.a.t n practicals n I'd a carrier over in a course and 2 practical courses.....bin a loner I couldn't open up to any.. I lost interest in everything I loved n those I loved n I was withdrawn from people..the only time I leave my room was to attend class..had few casual friends n no close friend... I was lost in my own little world bt outside everyone sees me as a the perfect friendly guy but I'd low self esteem... fast forward to 200level I'd to to drop 2 courses to register my carryover.now to my final I couldn't bring my self to sitting down n doing lower courses.leading to an automatic xtra year... my grades dropped rapidly to 2.2.....my parents never asked about my results all through the last 5years.... they believed I was a First Class student....now I'm lost, withdrawn n suicidal I feel like a complete failure with nothing to wake up to...i av contemplated on coming suicide but I'm thinking about it effects on them... I'm tired of living and feeling worthless from a brilliant shy kid to absolutely nothing all I do now is lock myself indoor n cry everyday ...a lot of people will think I'm lazy put I dont get the zeal of doing anything I just want to be alone.....I'm thinking about moving far away from home and people that make know to start a new life afresh away from my demons..... feel free to share your teenage depression stories
Re: Depression Is Real And It's Killing Me by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 23, 2018
My dear depression over a result ?

Wow if not this is a private forum I would share.my professional profile with you

Note I graduated with a third class

Your grade doesn't define you

Determination and focus to succeed in.life after school is what matters

Send me your number let me share.links to my professional profile so you can see for yourself
Re: Depression Is Real And It's Killing Me by Israelsaidu(m): 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
If your depression meets mine, it will bow.
Re: Depression Is Real And It's Killing Me by Israelsaidu(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
I just got to read your post now, we are the same in every aspect, the only mild the difference is that i dropped out from two schools and am about dropping from the third one......i cant stand being around people, it drains my energy(have also been contemplating suicide) but am afraid of the effect is gon have on my mom....
........my depression is killing me cuz i dont even know the cuz.. am handsome,brilliant (used to be), am intelligent, am ambitious (used to be) but still my thought has been the only i have an open talk with......sometimes when i wake up i have that feeling of; uh another day i have to cope with........conclusion is depression is killing ne also anyone that knows how to help please help!! My soul is crying for help!!!
Re: Depression Is Real And It's Killing Me by Israelsaidu(m): 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
I just got to read your post now, we are the same in every aspect, the only mild the difference is that i dropped out from two schools and am about dropping from the third one......i cant stand being around people, it drains my energy(have also been contemplating suicide) but am afraid of the effect is gon have on my mom....
........my depression is killing me cuz i dont even know the cuz.. am handsome,brilliant (used to be), am intelligent, am ambitious (used to be) but still my thought has been the only i have an open talk with......sometimes when i wake up i have that feeling of; uh another day i have to cope with........conclusion is depression is killing ne also anyone that knows how to help please help!! My soul is crying for help!

(1) (Reply)

A Mockup / Black Thursday In Lagos As Tanker Exploded Kieed Nine Left Score Injured. / Military Mail (USA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.