Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience (7953 Views)

Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation / My Nysc Experience At Karaye(kusala Dam), Kano State. / My NYSC Year Experiences In The Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
What I'm about to write about KANO (KANAWA) and the Northern region generally is truth and the truth only!!!! So help me God.

I'm a Muslim from South west of Nigeria. I lives in Kano for a while, having lived most of my life in the city of Lagos, schooled 5years in EASTERN Nigeria , I said I should try a new region which is North and I went to Kano state.. Boom!! What I met in Kano was just like what Buhari promised us then before 2015 and what we have now.

KANO state is good and favourable for the core Northerner and I can said that again. Please don't risk your life for anything to live or visit Kanawa.
Is not healthy, the almajiris are almost everywhere and their illiterate youths already have their eyes on you waiting for a riot to happen in their community then viola!! You are gone so soon. If I as a muslim faithful can't live in such state I wonder how other people with religion denomination cope.

Below are some of my reasons why I dislike Kano(Northern region ) ;

1. The sun is HOT, so hot that you can melt if care is not taken. I bath 4 times a day, can you imagine?
Dust and granite everywhere due to lack of rainfall. Kano is a sahel region and as such has little rainfall. Heat and dust is much.

2. I'm a muslim born and breed up but I can't live with such people due to some personal security reasons.
Let me give some analogy :

The Hausawa see themselves as the best and perfect tribe on earth and as such they don't value any other person aside their tribesman. If you are Yoruba muslim, kogi muslim and you think you are one religion with Hausa's; my dear southern brother's and sister's any time there is little crisis you will be the first person to be killed and matchet even in the mosque while praying. Imagine the scenario!

3. You won't be able to talk freely with the opposite sex just because of some sharia law. You only live once, and as such cannot live my life in such primitive way.

4. Average Hausa person is TRIBALISTIC . They don't like to patronize you in business or any other trade if they have their tribe doing that business, they prefer to patronize their kinsmen.

5. Things are not cheap as portrays. Pure water cost #10 same as south. An orange is #10 or #20 same as south. I bought #200 suya and it was so small like heck. A room cost 24k - 30k at Tudun Wada.
Note : This is not Sabon gari else it will have been costlier.

6. All eyes on you!! I can say that again, in anything you do they are watching you and accordingly looking for how to blame you especially the landlords in the regions.
Imagine your friend came visiting and she is a female, you know the rest.

7. Transportation is expensive in Kano just as Lagos. The South West state I served you can board a bus 50naira and go any length of the state but in Kano you can enter a marwa and you will pay 300naira more or less depends on the journey.

Please my southern people. Fear North Don't be caught...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by edmaraja: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
True talk, I stayed in Maiduguri before and I noticed the same thing

4 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
I cant even pass a single night up there. Never will .... their ugly reputation goes b4 em

1 Like

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by vertueptime: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
Na u sabi
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
vertueptime:
Na u sabi
This is pure truth. I'm not bias at all

5 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Katier00(f): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
Stop saying that

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by vertueptime: 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
FunnyDude:

This is pure truth. I'm not bias at all

Then perhaps there wld be no other tribes in kano going by ur story.

1 Like

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
vertueptime:

Then perhaps there wld be no other tribes in kano going by ur story.
They are sleeping with one eyes. You can ask them.. Your region is tensed
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by vertueptime: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
FunnyDude:

They are sleeping with one eyes. You can ask them.. Your region is tensed

Is der any where in naija dat is crime free?

1 Like

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Fabiyke: 1:01am On Apr 24, 2018
FunnyDude:
What I'm about to write about KANO (KANAWA) and the Northern region generally is truth and the truth only!!!! So help me God.

I'm a Muslim from South west of Nigeria. I lives in Kano for a while, having lived most of my life in the city of Lagos, schooled 5years in EASTERN Nigeria , I said I should try a new region which is North and I went to Kano state.. Boom!! What I met in Kano was just like what Buhari promised us then before 2015 and what we have now.

KANO state is good and favourable for the core Northerner and I can said that again. Please don't risk your life for anything to live or visit Kanawa.
Is not healthy, the almajiris are almost everywhere and their illiterate youths already have their eyes on you waiting for a riot to happen in their community then viola!! You are gone so soon. If I as a muslim faithful can't live in such state I wonder how other people with religion denomination cope.

1. The sun is HOT, so hot that you can melt if care is not taken. I bath 4 times a day, can you imagine?
Dust and granite everywhere due to lack of rainfall. Kano is a sahel region and as such has little rainfall. Heat and dust is much.

2. I'm a muslim born and breed up but I can't live with such people due to some personal security reasons.

The Hausawa see themselves as the best and perfect tribe on earth and as such they don't value any other person aside their tribesman. If you are Yoruba muslim, kogi muslim and you think you are one religion with Hausa's; my dear southern brother's and sister's any time there is little crisis you will be the first person to be killed and matchet even in the mosque while praying. Imagine the scenario!

3. You won't be able to talk freely with the opposite sex just because of some sharia law. You only live once, and as such cannot live my life in such primitive way.

4. Average Hausa person is TRIBALISTIC . They don't like to patronize you in business or any other trade if they have their tribe doing that business, they prefer to patronize their kinsmen.

5. Things are not cheap as portrays. Pure water cost #10 same as south. An orange is #10 or #20 same as south. I bought #200 suya and it was so small like heck. A room cost 24k - 30k at Tudun Wada.

6. All eyes on you!! I can say that again, in anything you do they are watching you and accordingly looking for how to blame you especially the landlords in the regions.

7. Transportation is expensive in Kano just as Lagos. The South West state I served you can board a bus 50naira and go any length of the state but in Kano you can enter a marwa and you will pay 300naira more or less depends on the journey.

Oga, I reside in Kano. Stop lying to people. Transportation is very affordable.

9 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by kbsheshe(m): 7:21am On Apr 24, 2018
It's a pure lie, i live in kano for almost 12yrs now things are very ok food is cheap meat, chicken fish are cheap also. Why are there large numbers of igbos and Yorubas, kano is calm and safe.

3 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by LIVIYA(f): 8:25am On Apr 24, 2018
TRUE TALK. WEN I WENT THERE FOR MY NYSC, I TOT FOODSTUFFS N OTHER THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT BUT I GOT D SURPRISE OF MY LIFE. IM NOT TALKING ABT D HEAT OR D LACK OF BATHING WATER TO APPEASE IT. KANO IS A CORE ISLAMIC STATE 98% MUSLIMS FROM MY ESTIMATION. N REALLY THEY R WATCHING
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
kbsheshe:
It's a pure lie, i live in kano for almost 12yrs now things are very ok food is cheap meat, chicken fish are cheap also. Why are there large numbers of igbos and Yorubas, kano is calm and safe.

Says who? Keep deceiving people you hear me. God is watching you and your lots... Cheap my Ass. Nothing is cheap in the present day kano. I'll rather die in the South west than live in kano

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
Fabiyke:

Oga, I reside in Kano. Stop lying to people. Transportation is very affordable.

Did you called #300 transportation cheap within Nasarawa lga ? Whereby in osun state you can tour almost the whole of the state capital with #50. Yes, it was that cheap.

No light in Kano too and also the Almajiri children, dust, illiterate youths littered everywhere looking for blood to suck

5 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Kingsley1000(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
so whats the benefits of serving in kano
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 10:40am On May 03, 2018
Kingsley1000:
so whats the benefits of serving in kano

Benefit? Get there first and observe yourself. Thank me later
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Cityfirstborn(m): 5:56pm On May 03, 2018
Every thing you said is correct, I served in kano and finished just last month. things are not cheap in kano like people presume it to be,unless you are staying in sabon gari, your social life will be zero. walking and talking to a girl, all eyes will be on you. It's a core Islamic state with a lot of fanatics, I have not even talk of the sun and heat.

8 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 6:05pm On May 03, 2018
Cityfirstborn:
Every thing you said is correct, I served in kano and finished just last month. things are not cheap in kano like people presume it to be,unless you are staying in sabon gari, your social life will be zero. walking and talking to a girl, all eyes will be on you. It's a core Islamic state with a lot of fanatics, I have not even talk of the sun and heat.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Sheuns(m): 9:37pm On May 03, 2018
Though I've never been to the North I can attest to one claim up there about Hausas been tribal. Even here in Lagos an average Aboki will not buy something from anybody else if his Aboki mate sell the same thing. What I fear most about them up there is the religious sentiment, even me as a Muslim still find it very difficult to live amongst them. They can be nice o but when Aboki vex ehn their eyes dey close totally.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Kingsley10000: 7:23pm On May 05, 2018
FunnyDude:

Benefit? Get there first and observe yourself. Thank me later
but you can date or cohabit with your fellow Christian there
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 3:55am On May 06, 2018
Kingsley10000:
but you can date or cohabit with your fellow Christian there
Yes you can , but don't do anything like holding a lady publicly
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Dawudski(m): 6:39am On May 06, 2018
FunnyDude:

Bros, In as much you are right in some of the points you made above, I bet you are exaggerating most of it. I live in Lagos since my childhood days but I am a Corper serving in Kano presently.
Foods and agricultural items such as onions, tomatoes, pepper, fruits are damn cheap. Also, transportation is way cheaper too and talking about tribalism, show me one State that is not tribalistic in Nigeria? Bros, the fact remains that you get adapted to somebody that is from the same tribe And culture as yours. So, what is so special about that?

5 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 9:39am On May 06, 2018
Dawudski:

Bros, In as much you are right in some of the points you made above, I bet you are exaggerating most of it. I live in Lagos since my childhood days but I am a Corper serving in Kano presently.
Foods and agricultural items such as onions, tomatoes, pepper, fruits are damn cheap. Also, transportation is way cheaper too and talking about tribalism, show me one State that is not tribalistic in Nigeria? Bros, the fact remains that you get adapted to somebody that is from the same tribe And culture as yours. So, what is so special about that?

Is it not same Kano I lived. Even here in our Lagos if I go to mile 12 market, ketu market to buy all the food items you mentioned they are also cheap. So what's the fuss?

Tribalism :
I schooled and lived in Nsukka Enugu state for 5yrs, served in Osun state, Born and breed in Lagos... I have been to kogi, Niger, Benin, Asaba, Onitsha, Kano, Abuja, kaduna kutiwenji, Jeda, Idah I can categorically tell you that the Northerner are more tribalistic, you won't understand until you experience it yourself.

Transportation isn't cheap as proclaimed. Not as cost as Lagos though

Just pray there is no riot one day, I still prefer the southern region atleast I'm safe.

4 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by KevinDein: 8:34am On May 09, 2018
FunnyDude:

Is it not same Kano I lived. Even here in our Lagos if I go to mile 12 market, ketu market to buy all the food items you mentioned they are also cheap. So what's the fuss?

Tribalism :
I schooled and lived in Nsukka Enugu state for 5yrs, served in Osun state, Born and breed in Lagos... I have been to kogi, Niger, Benin, Asaba, Onitsha, Kano, Abuja, kaduna kutiwenji, Jeda, Idah I can categorically tell you that the Northerner are more tribalistic, you won't understand until you experience it yourself.

Transportation isn't cheap as proclaimed. Not as cost as Lagos though

Just pray there is no riot one day, I still prefer the southern region atleast I'm safe.
No one is forcing you southerners to come to the north. Stay in your south and continue with your vices like rituals, armed robbery, yahoo yahoo etc.

Redeploy back to the south. The northerners aren't tying you down there. Heck not long ago they issued a quit notice to igbos to vacate the North.
If you don't like the North, fuckkk off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 9:04am On May 09, 2018
KevinDein:

No one is forcing you southerners to come to the north. Stay in your south and continue with your vices like rituals, armed robbery, yahoo yahoo etc.

Redeploy back to the south. The northerners aren't tying you down there. Heck not long ago they issued a quit notice to igbos to vacate the North.
If you don't like the North, fuckkk off.

Bro no be fight na. Your North no follow at all. Go and consume yourself with Bokoharam, Bomblast, extremist, Desert

Yeye Northerner

13 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by KevinDein: 9:08am On May 09, 2018
FunnyDude:

Bro no be fight na. Your North no follow at all. Go and consume yourself with Bokoharam, Bomblast, extremist, Desert

Yeye Northerner
LMAO grin

Is anyone forcing you to stay in the North? If you don't like the North, kindly fuucckk off to the south and continue your skull mining rituals, cultism, yahoo yahoo, baddoo gang and the many vices you guys do over there that the media under report.

Every day north this north that, blah blah blah blah blah

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2018
KevinDein:

LMAO grin

Is anyone forcing you to stay in the North? If you don't like the North, kindly fuucckk off to the south and continue your skull mining rituals, cultism, yahoo yahoo, baddoo gang and the many vices you guys do over there that the media under report.

Every day north this north that, blah blah blah blah blah

I still prefer all these vices than suicide bombers, Almajiri children,

Weyrey Aboki pikin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by KevinDein: 9:35am On May 09, 2018
FunnyDude:

I still prefer all these vices than suicide bombers, Almajiri children,

Weyrey Aboki pikin
What's the difference. Ritualist down south especially in the west, behead their victims and steal their organs. Heard of the baddoo gang that terrorised iKorodu and environs, they are in the habit of wiping out an entire family, killing their victims in the most gruesome of ways (they smash their victims head with grinding stones).

Don't pretend like the south is some kind of a crime free region. You are not chatting with an ignorant here.
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by pesty100(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2018
KevinDein:

What's the difference. Ritualist down south especially in the west, behead their victims and steal their organs. Heard of the baddoo gang that terrorised iKorodu and environs, they are in the habit of wiping out an entire family, killing their victims in the most gruesome of ways (they smash their victims head with grinding stones).

Don't pretend like the south is some kind of a crime free region. You are not chatting with an ignorant here.
The thing is the north is unfriendly to strangers whether you'd like to believe or not

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Kingsley10000: 5:42pm On May 09, 2018
pesty100:

The thing is the north is unfriendly to strangers whether you'd like to believe or not
sokoto is good
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by chidekings(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2018
pesty100:

People that don't travel won't know,
The good nature of an average hausa man is a smokescreen till shit hits the fan.
And their weather condition plus lack of water is a no no for someone from the south.

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Omololu2121: 10:48am On May 12, 2018
KevinDein:

stupiid abooki

The south west is 100% better than the whole 19 northern backward states,even with the revenue generated from the south,your people are still living in extreme poverty.

Go and thank the British that merge the South with the North,if not,take away the south,you northerners would have been the poorest country in the world,it will also be the country with the smallest economy.

Is an insult to compare the south west with your useless region stupiid foool

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[working Download.] Dvsn Morning After Full Album# / Hast D Nysc Batch C Orientation Camp Opening Date Being Changed?cos Rumour Has It Dat It Was Changed / TRUE NYSC Story In DELTA State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.