Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

I Can From One Compouter See A Computer But Some Computer Cannot See It Why? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Can From One Compouter See A Computer But Some Computer Cannot See It Why? (867 Views)

Some Computer Terminologies And Their Acronyms / Some Computer Abbreviations And Their Full Meanings / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can From One Compouter See A Computer But Some Computer Cannot See It Why? by luckyCO(m): 11:59am On Mar 15, 2007
I have a computer on a network. I use this computer access other computers on the same workgroup but to my surpises I cannot access the computer from some computer. I turned of firewall but to no avail. Plz what could be the problem?
Re: I Can From One Compouter See A Computer But Some Computer Cannot See It Why? by demmy(m): 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2007
Maybe the computer you're trying to access is turned off. Just a thought.
Re: I Can From One Compouter See A Computer But Some Computer Cannot See It Why? by ishmael(m): 7:31am On Mar 16, 2007
go round and check again. Make sure all the computers have the same workgroup name. probably the computer you are using has administrators previledges while the others have users previledges, so it will be possible for you to see other workstations from that system but you cannot see the system from another workstation. i'm not saying that is the problem o, but it could be. Just try giving the other workstations admin previledges and see if it would work. I've had a similar problem before trying to connect some systems to a printer whose host had admin previledges and the other workstations had users previledges; but when i assigned the same admin previledges to the other workstations i was able to see, access and connect to the printer. Just try it and see, it may workout for you. Cheers!!!
Re: I Can From One Compouter See A Computer But Some Computer Cannot See It Why? by luckyCO(m): 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2007
Thanks for your answers. Anyway I have not checked the previleadges I used inc onnecting. Only thing I could say it that the computer logs in automatically without requesting for passowrd or username. It is like that because everybody access it. But I need to connect to it throught other computers which I think I logged in Admin user.
Re: I Can From One Compouter See A Computer But Some Computer Cannot See It Why? by wormedup(m): 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2007
what do u need network access for.
what do u intend doing with the network access ?
what's ur OS and version ?
Re: I Can From One Compouter See A Computer But Some Computer Cannot See It Why? by etiwistic(m): 4:41pm On Mar 28, 2007
Well, your problem is a familiar one. This kind of problem is associated with the type and version of OS your system is using. Whatsoever the case, go over to other systems and activate file sharing for all of them; I mean file sharing for my document folder with full permission to other clients. Once this is done. Try to access the files from system to the other and u will certainly get your problem resolved.
Best of Luck!

(1) (Reply)

Rams Laptop & Pc / Replacing My Internal Hard Disk / Sybex: Oracle 10g Certiifcation Kit(1z0-04 And 1z0-043)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.