Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience (469 Views)

Obasanjo: Carrington Leaked Information Of My Arrest During Abacha Regime / Sowore: Gambari's Role During Abacha's Regime Makes Him Unfit to be COS / Timeline Of June 12 1993 To Gen Sani Abacha Regime /abiola Death & To Domocracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience by daewoorazer(m): 3:02am On Apr 24, 2018
This doesn’t apply to us all, yes some of us were born with ‘golden’ spoon...

Well mine goes below:

Dee! Mum called on a fateful Saturday to go do something I’ve never done or never thought I would - to go get sawdust. What happened to Kerosene I thought? How many people had gas during that period? It didn’t stop that day, subsequent days proved harder as the light of the dire need for sawdust turned carpenters to Kings. Fortunately, we felt privileged to be under the tutelage of a carpenter who was a customer of ours...

This went on for months until I was beckoned upon to hawk N1 nylon water alongside my sisters who hawked Newspapers...I don’t know if y’all remember ‘Emano Nylon’. It was the deal for quality Nylon water then. (Oh I forgot to say, the newspaper vendors too felt like Kings, added 50 shoulder pads on their shoulders).

I can’t say more but I’d never forget the day it was announced he had given up the ghost. June 8, 1998, it was a Monday. The tarred roads were flooded with youths jumping around, many playing football. The evening was lit as bars were filled with men drinking themselves to stupor. That was the end of an era!

Below is his picture and his signature...
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience by madridguy(m): 5:23am On Apr 24, 2018
RIP Sanni Abacha
Re: Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience by emmasege: 5:30am On Apr 24, 2018
Buhari reminds me of that experience which was all hunger, hardship, poverty, disrespect for rule of law and state-sponsored killings. People trekked kilometers for lack of fuel and money, and now we still do the same.

I thought that episode was long gone until Zombies decided to exhume a dinosaur to come lead us in Nigeria.

In case you weren't yet born or you were still very young during Abacha's evil reign, you didn't 'miss' much. There's another Abacha in town.

An Abacha experience is best imagined and should never be experienced twice by anyone in a lifetime. Unfortunately, I and many Nigerians are experiencing it twice.

God deliver us from this evil, clueless, vindictive and wicked soul called Buhari a.k.a. Dullard.inho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience by chomchom1(f): 5:34am On Apr 24, 2018
I knw am very small then but people are not suffering let these... Buhari is incompetent period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience by Paperwhite(m): 5:46am On Apr 24, 2018
emmasege:
Buhari reminds me of that experience which was all hunger, hardship, poverty, disrespect for rule of law and state-sponsored killings. People trekked kilometers for lack of fuel and money, and now we still do the same.

I thought that episode was long gone until Zombies decided to exhume a dinosaur to come lead us in Nigeria.

In case you weren't yet born or you were still very young during Abacha's evil reign, you didn't 'miss' much. There's another Abacha in town.

An Abacha experience is best imagined and should never be experienced twice by anyone in a lifetime. Unfortunately, I and many Nigerians are experiencing it twice.

God deliver us from this evil, clueless, vindictive and wicked soul called Buhari a.k.a. Dullard.inho.
Same thought & experience bro.God save us but let's send out the dullard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience by Rucheen(m): 6:19am On Apr 24, 2018
To boil water became wastage of kerosene

Had to bath with cold water

Abacha was too harsh

1 Like

Re: Share Your Abacha Regime Sour Experience by emmasege: 6:32am On Apr 24, 2018
1. Abacha stove (saw dust)

2. Three square meal became a taboo in many homes.

3. Some of us went to farm everyday, roasted corn around 12 noon in farm to serve as brunch while we went home later in the evening for the one and only meal (Dinner) at home.

4. Some Lagosians migrated back to village to farm so they can at least be able to eat. I have relations who did that.

5. In the face of all of these, freedom of speech was suppressed. Dissenting voices were either killed or arrested.

You see why I earlier posited that it's double tragedy to experience this again in a lifetime.

I pray Nigerians 'lend themselves' brains so that we don't get to the peak of the current repeated Abacha experience. Because that's the direction we are headed should this NATIONAL MISTAKE (BUHARI) BE REPEATED IN 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Fayose Speaks On The State Of The Nation And Buhari's Visit To The US / Lifeless Body Of Boy Found In Ilorin / Dokubo Speaks On Buhari’s Plan For Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.