Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism (30552 Views)

Joe Biden Updates Twitter Bio To ‘President-Elect’ After Election Victory / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Cyberleets: 11:47am On Apr 24, 2018
my wife cannot keep a friend like this girl!

Women can never Be Like Men!!
women abuse Power, So they don't deserve It

that's why Rich ladies don't get married cos They don't wanna be loyal to any man!!

does she even answer her husbands name?

All they know is how to run their mouths and compare themselves with men, when you beat them now, they will start crying Domestic violence!!

Dear ladies, if you wanna be compared or equal to men!! Tell God to give you the kind of physical strength he gave us. thanks

argue with ancestors!

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by obailala(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2018
I think it's a sign of inferiority complex for anyone to have a problem with a person referring to herself as 'wife'. Chimamanda seems to be taking this her feminist thing too far, it's beginning to seem like she was abused by men when she was younger.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by alebz007: 11:51am On Apr 24, 2018
Good morning dear friends, How're we doing today? Just want to wish you all a beautiful day Thinking of building a second income stream? Join Oriflame today!!
Details/Enquiries? Kingsley 08149322437
God bless you.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by CSTR1003: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2018
KevinDein:
Wow I now see why Trump beat her in the polls. Very weak minded. Got bullied by a bitter, frustrated feminist. Putin would have had a filled day playing with her mind.

“Hey, I have noticed the facts about yourself you put in your twitter bio, and it would actually make ME feel better if you described yourself as X”

And the weak minded Hilary succumbed.
Hilary the scourge of Russia is feeble minded. ?
Where do you people pop out from? America is not ijebuland na .

If Hilary was president, there would be US subs patrolling the black sea right now.

Putin's greatest fear was a Hilary presidency and rightly so.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by simplesearch: 11:57am On Apr 24, 2018
Chimamanda is a known feminist! Notwithstanding why is she seeking to impose her wish on the former first lady. Here is a Woman who stood firmly by her Husband during his most trying period as President of the United States, an action which goes a long way to show her level of commitment as a wife to her Husband. This I doubt can be replicated by the likes of chimamanda if she finds herself in same or similar situation. This is actually what stardom does to people who are not prepared for it. She should concentrate on growing her thought processes, as to me her books lack the kind of depth and reasoning found in many fame authors of literary works, the likes of Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o and Ayi Kwei Armah which made their argument resonating and compelling. She sure carry a bitter soul in her bosom and also exposes her naivety by this singular act of flimsy observation, even if her mother is a carrier woman is she not also a wife to chimamanda's father and a mother to chimamanda herself? Don't know why people of this sort are celebrated at all.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by obailala(m): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2018
Fashblonder:
What she was pointing out was that her own husband's bio didn't start with husband.Isn't he a husband? She only pointed something out intelligently and Hilary has done what she thought was best so just stop being so bitter
Hilary is a very poweful woman, she can choose to put whatever she likes on her bio; likewise her husband can also choose to put whatever he likes. The argument Chimamanda and all those who support her in this very pointless issue are trying to make is that the word 'wife' is derogatory or demeaning. In my opinion, that's a classical case of inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Avoidsexxx(m): 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
martineverest:
chichi asked Clinton question and wanted her to clarify it and she clarified it for her...they both move on with their discussion.....the Clintons aren't complaining,Americans aren't either...but Association Of Nigerian Social Media warlord(ANSMW) are busy swallowing pills for another woman's headache

laziness everywhere
laziness indeed but what do you expects from a country like Nigeria #not surprise at all.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Kotodoctor: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

Stop calling her bitter soul! She knows what she wants in life and she's standing by it. Hilary Clinton knows many people in America respect and listen to Chimamanda and, because of her political career, she has to listen to what Ngozi frowned at or else she might lose a sizable number of support.

Btw, I'm not a feminist. It's a free world so anyone can do whatever makes him /her happy

When it's all said and done, your a wife a mother before a career person. Those things are meant to support family. Not the family supporting them.

Opinion.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Bjgirl1: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
Well said, I really love your points.
Prognose:
So all you women out there take note! Being a wife is nothing to be proud about anymore. Being a mother will soon join the list grin

This bush rat that managed to go abroad with her patriarchal father's money, this common girl that wrote a few books (all of them booooring as hell except for 'half of a yellow sun') and now thinks the world rotates around her, this wife who does not care how her husband feels about her antics but wants to be loved and respected as a person and looking for who will carry her travelling bag, is now the spokeswoman for feminism. Lol!

Anyways, If hilary clinton coould be swayed by something so petty on her social status, it shows how weak minded she was in the first place. Something she put by herself and was proud of, one girl from nowhere talked and she quickly changed it, shows how weak minded and easily swayed she would have been if she was made the POTUS.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Kennydoc(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
BanevsJoker:

I agree with you. She is. She is so depressed, if she was Caucasian, she would have committed suicide a long time ago. Her attitude has gone beyond feminism, she is a very bitter human being.

The sexual harassment she had some years back might have negatively affected her view of men. That may actually be the root of her feminism. Rarely do you see a lady who has always enjoyed a loving and pleasant relationship with all the men in her life and all those that have come around her become a feminist.

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

It's a free world so anyone can do whatever makes him /her happy

Including genociding an entire race?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by CSTR1003: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
simplesearch:

Chimamanda is a known feminist! Notwithstanding why is she seeking to impose her wish on the former first lady. Here is a Woman who stood firmly by her Husband during his most trying period as President of the United States, an action which goes a long way to show her level of commitment as a wife to her Husband. This I doubt can be replicated by the likes of chimamanda if she finds herself in same or similar situation. This is actually what stardom does to people who are not prepared for it. She should concentrate on growing her thought processes, as to me her books lack the kind of depth and reasoning found in many fame authors of literary works, the likes of Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o and Ayi Kwei Armah which made their argument resonating and compelling. She sure carry a bitter soul in her bosom and also exposes her naivety by this singular act of flimsy observation, even if her mother is a carrier woman is she not also a wife to chimamanda's father and a mother to chimamanda herself? Don't know why people of this sort are celebrated at all.
She did not impose anything on Hilary. She only asked a simple question.

The fact that Hilary changed it means she Was scared of losing something or she knew she is being hypocritical.

Either way, you cannot force a tough old lady like Hilary to do what she doesn't want to do.

She ran a two man American presidential election race for Christ sakes How tougher can you get?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
midolian:
Chimamanda is just a bitter soul for no good reason..And already, she is inflicting others with her bitterness

You just took the words out of my mouth. A very bitter soul. She takes her message where it is easy to sell rather than where it is needed like Saudi Arabia

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Bjgirl1: 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
Well said, I really love your points especially the last paragraph.
Prognose:
So all you women out there take note! Being a wife is nothing to be proud about anymore. Being a mother will soon join the list grin

This bush rat that managed to go abroad with her patriarchal father's money, this common girl that wrote a few books (all of them booooring as hell except for 'half of a yellow sun') and now thinks the world rotates around her, this wife who does not care how her husband feels about her antics but wants to be loved and respected as a person and looking for who will carry her travelling bag, is now the spokeswoman for feminism. Lol!

Anyways, If hilary clinton coould be swayed by something so petty on her social status, it shows how weak minded she was in the first place. Something she put by herself and was proud of, one girl from nowhere talked and she quickly changed it, shows how weak minded and easily swayed she would have been if she was made the POTUS.

3 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by MisterGrace: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
Esseite:
Seriously... that wife thing is lame, imagine putting husband on your cv..

It makes it seem like an entitlement and a pedestal, i think mother and grandmother encompasses it all.

Are you better than Obama that has Husband on his twitter bio?
Dude stop the "follow to appear civilized thing".

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by daymeelarday(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
That wasn't an attack, she had a problem with her twitter bio and simply asked why its so.

Though I don't understand why she had to be upset with that, "everyone has the choice to define themselves as they wish."
Mikora:
What Chimamanda did was very foolish. Attacking someone for describing herself as a Wife and mother
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by clemz85(m): 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
ladiesreject:
The only thing I don't like about nairaland is that you don't get to see or know those who liked or shared your posts

I wanted to move a notion about this,
It's necessary,

Mr Seun and cabal pls do the needful, upgrade to something new

I have a faithful 1 liker I need to know maybe
Something for Him/Her
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Elxandre(m): 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
This issue asides, isn't it funny how this woman is only bothered about a relatively untroubled nation like America, when her birth nation is in Chaos?

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Therealev: 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
Wetin concern me, if she like make her Bio start with "Olosho" it's NOMB.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by ideology(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Esseite:

It makes it seem like an entitlement and a pedestal, i think mother and grandmother encompasses it all.
you can't be a mother or grandmother without first being a wife?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Navalsadiq(m): 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Jaynom:
but it wasn't a CV. It was a Bio. What is wrong with being a proud wife?
they claim they know too much

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by holyfather(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
Notmyproblem:
Hilary potrayed herself first as an independent successful career woman over being a wife and a mother. Infact her campaign ran subtly under the back of feminist versus the existing patriarchal system. It is hypocrisy on her part she said so just to get votes. There is nothing wrong with being a mother and wife first before anything but not standing by that during election is hypocrisy.
Well hypocrisy is the true definition of American politics, especially for the demrats. So...
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Navalsadiq(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
Who is chimanda?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by sleekyonyx(f): 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
AuntLaVIV:

You are not making any point. Please get us the dictionary meaning of "bitter person".
Cee-C
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by BadBradley: 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
AuntLaVIV:

Please describe a bitter woman.
a feminist who pokes her nose and shame another woman for being a proud wife is a bitter angry lovelorn soul who can't live with herself.

A bullying black bitch who wants to force her brand of feminism on others.

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
AuntLaVIV:

Please describe a bitter woman.
ceece
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by harrismcse: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2018
Esseite:

is twitter you CV? she is describing herself, she was/is a wife becfore becoming secstate/senator and presidential aspirant and like she said relationships matter more to her than titles. t
that is how at 50 some of them will be lonely with no one in their lives after chasing away their family.

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by holyfather(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
ChristineC:
Chimamanda knew if she married a Nigerian the marriage won't last cheesy
Her current marriage might still not last.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Jaynom(m): 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
Navalsadiq:
they claim they know too much
Exactly! cool
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by lapo(m): 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
I think the Nigerian author was trying to bring up the Monica Lewinsky scandal albeit discretely.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by gidjah(m): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
Dont know why I really dis like this small girl , she is qlways filled with bitterness deep down, what a bitter soul she is .she looses control whenever it has to do with feminism, I doubt if she fit get boy friend, or survive on our African culture, what a wrong cultured -breed !! This one no be wife material o, igbo guys aff lost oit on this

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Jaynom(m): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
Xisnin:

I see the straw man you did there, any woman interested in becoming a man will
need a sex change operation.
Why do you think it is not possible to treat both men and women the same?
Because a man is A MAN(hetero or Homo) & a woman is a WOMAN! Nature has its own Laws. A Panther cannot be and is not a Lion! Shongo cannot be Thor and vice versa! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News: Gambia Mps Extend President Jammeh's Term / Lebanon Explosion: Hezbollah Arms Depot Destroyed After Massive Blast / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Rescued From The Mediterranean Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.