Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos (30011 Views)

Referee Beaten Up In Kano After Football Match (Video) / Nigerian Referee Beaten Mercilessly By Supporters After NPFL Match. Photos / Ahmed Musa Mobbed By Fans At Mosque In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by rosita33(f): 9:29am On Apr 24, 2018
life
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by macphilip: 9:29am On Apr 24, 2018
who still watch this our mumu league when there is EPL and La Liga
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by BOOMnaija(m): 9:32am On Apr 24, 2018
Haha
Why must everything be abnormal in this country sef!
This is the height of it.
Afghanistan, here i come.

Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by loveinglistic: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2018
NLReposter:
Football league is not for Nigeria

Football is business for us bro, bet9ja and NaijaBet

Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by iamtardey: 9:40am On Apr 24, 2018
Aderewah:
I need Iranian visa
abeg collect for me too
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by uwajeh(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2018
Abjay97:
Why Naija? Everyone is angry for in this country.. Thanks to the leaders we voted in. Instead of voting by merit, we vote by 1000naira that will be shared.. Money less than 4 dollars..

Sorry to the referee, won't be surprised if he was paid to do mago mago

What kind of rubbish talk is that? Is it the leaders that beat up the referee?!!

If you have nothing to say please shut the f... up.
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Obito555(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2018
This is One of the reason our football will never progress
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by oruma19: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
The violence that is gradually taking over the Nigerian Professional Football League, NPFL, has called for serious concerns. According to reports, in the match-day 18 between Heartland of Owerri and defending Champions, Plateau United, Heartland football fans assaulted the referee to the point of coma and was admitted into hospital.

The match ended in a 1-1 draw as Tosin Omoyele scored the equalizer after Thompson put the home side ahead in the 21st minute.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/referee-assaulted-by-fans-during-heartland-of-owerri-v-plateau-united.html

I v been asking why home teams always win in npfl, now I know beta. Nonsense
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Wantedmiller: 9:58am On Apr 24, 2018
what do you expect, when in Nigeria premiership..... some will be busy watching match while some will be busy smoking weed like it is part of the game.

one side of the stadium is weed bunk!!!!

If we don't address this issue........ shooting will arise in the league.
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by malware: 9:59am On Apr 24, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:

Remove ojukwu and put your father

See unprovoked and unsolicited attack, now if I call that your poverty-stricken father, you'd get angry. Go look your Mum and see how remorseful she is because of the mistake she made in choosing your dad as a husband. Why don't you take lesson from your poverty-stricken life, why?

Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by raph101(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2018
family man oh! sorry Oga!

well it's part of the job in this part of the world
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Diso60090(m): 10:11am On Apr 24, 2018
Abjay97:
Why Naija? Everyone is angry for in this country.. Thanks to the leaders we voted in. Instead of voting by merit, we vote by 1000naira that will be shared.. Money less than 4 dollars..

Sorry to the referee, won't be surprised if he was paid to do mago mago

This na small i don watch the one they cut he head
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Bsingle(m): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2018
Naija... I fear you ooo.
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Sultan5(m): 10:14am On Apr 24, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
The violence that is gradually taking over the Nigerian Professional Football League, NPFL, has called for serious concerns. According to reports, in the match-day 18 between Heartland of Owerri and defending Champions, Plateau United, Heartland football fans assaulted the referee to the point of coma and was admitted into hospital.

The match ended in a 1-1 draw as Tosin Omoyele scored the equalizer after Thompson put the home side ahead in the 21st minute.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/referee-assaulted-by-fans-during-heartland-of-owerri-v-plateau-united.html

What rubbish is this? I keep wondering when we will be civilised in this country. Irrespective of the bad calls the ref must have made. This is totally unacceptable. Hope the NPFL sanctions both clubs severely for this so that next time fans will think twice before acting this poorly. And also prompt clubs to do better in controlling their fans
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by google1(m): 10:21am On Apr 24, 2018
It is very difficult to get across just how angry you can become on a football pitch
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by nkemdi89(f): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2018
All these Colombian boys, their trouble is something else, even security agencies don't disturb them. They have their special anthem before the commencement of any heartland match.
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2018
malware:

See unprovoked and unsolicited attack, now if I call that your poverty-stricken father, you'd get angry. Go look your Mum and see how remorseful she is because of the mistake she made in choosing your dad as a husband. Why don't you take lesson from your poverty-stricken life, why?

A condom would have prevented all these

Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 24, 2018
sinaj:
Football that is suppose to foster friendliness sad

Can anything ever work in this country

Na wa o!

Our undying Love can Work

1 Like

Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by makapella(m): 10:38am On Apr 24, 2018
Uyiii:

For your question. I'd say yes, we've got quite a few things that will strive very well in 9ja.
1. corruption
2. bbn
3. yahoo yahoo
4. ritualism
5. church business, very profitable.
win souls for Christ today and collect tithe, etc etc.

So you see, we've really got things that can and will work in 9ja.
you forgot to add bet9ja

Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by malware: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:

A condom would have prevented all these

Softening the pedal already... Good boy, now get your sorry ass off my mention
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Saladin25(m): 10:54am On Apr 24, 2018
Fussball Fan in Nigeria mögen gewelt (Football fans in Nigeria like violence). Some people will still blame government for this. Same thing happened in Abia state few weeks back. NFF should find ways to curb this attitude of football fans attacking opponents and officials.
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Goddyj(m): 10:58am On Apr 24, 2018
I smell something fishy grin grin
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Equal2DeTask(m): 11:00am On Apr 24, 2018
malware:

U are a real Malware.

grin
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Seunnzy(m): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2018
something that should have happened to that heartless Michael Oliver
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by alebz007: 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good morning dear friends, How're we doing today? Just want to wish you all a beautiful day Thinking of building a second income stream? Join Oriflame today!!
Details/Enquiries? Kingsley 08149322437
God bless you.
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by ufuosman(m): 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
Where are all the security
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by MTKbudapest(m): 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
Football made in Nigeria grin
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by greatman247(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
No wonder home usually win in most Nigeria league games.
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by greatman247(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
KELVONISTIC:
Only in Nigeria shocked

Not only in Nigeria. Dem dey beat up Referees else where and violent in football not partaining to just Nigeria football alone, happens else where, but when they happens elsewhere you Nigerians turn blind eyes but the moment it happens in Nigeria you come out to criticize, as if na only here shit dey happen.
Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by KidsNEXTdoor: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
malware:

Softening the pedal already... Good boy, now get your sorry ass off my mention

Re: Referee Beaten To Coma By Fans After Football Match In Owerri. See Photos by Wawaman: 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
the useless match that spoiled my ticket. the referee gave +9mins extra time and the visitors equalised on 96th min.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senegaleses Celebrate Wining AFCON In The Streets Of Harlem, New York(video) / Arsene Wenger Arrives Liberia To Receive Highest Honour From George Weah. Photos / Name Your Favourite Double Strike Force.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.